Nightdreams and Daymares by Native Tongue

Find out about the latest and greatest playing cards hitting the market.
hsbc
Cardist: Yes
Collector: Yes
Player: Yes
White Whale: Grid 1 LE
Decks Owned: 1500

Re: Nightdreams and Daymares by Native Tongue

Unread post by hsbc »

[MOD NOTE, let's not publicly speculate on people's health, please :D ]
P52DCIGUCr/m/52+J
bdawg923
White Whale: bdawg x 923

Unread post by bdawg923 »

Why not? He took my money and hasn't said a word in months. I'm not wishing anything bad on him. Just wondering out loud
This comment has been mod-approved since you are able to see it.
CCwonder

Unread post by CCwonder »

Some pathetic shit for people to try and hold backers at bay. You want your rewards? You want to know what's going on with your rewards? Speak freely and f*$k those that don't like it.
GandalfPC
Magician: Yes
White Whale: Ambergris
Decks Owned: 1700

Unread post by GandalfPC »

Not sworn to secrecy, just a personal matter that isn’t mine to share the details of.
Hunting Karl Gerich and Elaine Lewis

My collection and tradelist: http://gandalfpc.great-site.net
GandalfPC

CCwonder wrote: Fri May 03, 2024 3:14 pm Some pathetic shit for people to try and hold backers at bay. You want your rewards? You want to know what's going on with your rewards? Speak freely and f*$k those that don't like it.

No one ever said you had to be empathetic. Perfectly understandable that you have your priorities and they clearly outweigh anyone’s circumstances - any other person, I imagine you care about you of course.

So please, speak freely

CCwonder

GandalfPC wrote: Fri May 03, 2024 3:22 pm
CCwonder wrote: Fri May 03, 2024 3:14 pm Some pathetic shit for people to try and hold backers at bay. You want your rewards? You want to know what's going on with your rewards? Speak freely and f*$k those that don't like it.

No one ever said you had to be empathetic. Perfectly understandable that you have your priorities and they clearly outweigh anyone’s circumstances - any other person, I imagine you care about you of course.

So please, speak freely
think what you want. Call me selfish or pathetic if it makes you feel better. You're a goofball stooge. Ban me for that if you want to be a hypocrite, I wouldn't be surprised.
hsbc
White Whale: Grid 1 LE
Decks Owned: 1500

Unread post by hsbc »

CCwonder wrote: Fri May 03, 2024 3:28 pm You're a goofball stooge.
Moving the discourse from "this is ____" to "you are ____" is a personal attack, no matter how relatively inoffensive, and I'm kindly asking you to follow our forum rules and not do that.
P52DCIGUCr/m/52+J
GandalfPC

Indeed - speaking freely did not mean to toss the rules out the window, though I was not offended.

As for the term stooge, should you feel that I am lying to provide cover for a person, that is certainly your right to be wrong about, or that I am foolish for believing him and am an unwitting pawn - sure, could be. I will stand on my judgement of the matter though and do not feel I have been misled - though regarding the current circumstance I can only guess that it might be related to the last.

What got me going though was a statement not that there was doubt as to a serious condition, but there seemed to be doubt in whether someone should care if there was.

CCwonder

It's cool, I'm very over it. Curious though as to why it is ok to say someone is selfish or pathetic but goofball stooge is not. If I said that his opinions were something a goofball stooge might say then would that be ok? Or maybe just write "goofball stooge" after his comment or any insult without specifically saying who and let him figure it out??
GandalfPC

I think HSBC was talking to both of us.

I certainly felt I got too hot under the collar with the one word shot - I was just too impressed with myself in finding such a wordplay gem and let it ride when I should have toned it down.

Adamthinks
Decks Owned: 500

Unread post by Adamthinks »

GandalfPC wrote: Fri May 03, 2024 10:15 am No, they don’t. I’m afraid that this all just becomes fishing for detail, which I cannot provide - but there are various ways to be taken offline.

Everyone does not have access to a library. Coma patients for example.
To be clear, I'm not fishing for details. I don't expect or want you to break that confidence. Having said that, it occured to me from the various context bits what is likely going on with him so I'll say no more and hope he gets better. I've just been frustrated with the complete silence from multiple major producers.
CCwonder

GandalfPC wrote: Fri May 03, 2024 5:59 pm I think HSBC was talking to both of us.

I certainly felt I got too hot under the collar with the one word shot - I was just too impressed with myself in finding such a wordplay gem and let it ride when I should have toned it down.
no worries buddy. We should both be able to discuss our thoughts/opinions without being attacked by the other. As for HSBC talking to both of us, that is clearly not the case. Perhaps elements of his comment eluded you. I was the offender according to that comment and it's already well known how things work on this forum. You can run to the aid of playing card producers who are failing people and offer excuses for them if you want and people can voice their displeasure if they want. Should be equal ground but that is kind of a pipe dream. My opinion of you being a stooge was not about you lying for Brad. It's about invested interests and you sticking up for people who are messing up. Anywho, live and let live or live and let die... whatever.
CCwonder

hsbc wrote: Fri May 03, 2024 4:32 pm
CCwonder wrote: Fri May 03, 2024 3:28 pm You're a goofball stooge.
Moving the discourse from "this is ____" to "you are ____" is a personal attack, no matter how relatively inoffensive, and I'm kindly asking you to follow our forum rules and not do that.
this is semantics but I can get real mean without specifics like 'you are'. Somehow I don't think that will fly either.
rousselle
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by rousselle »

Hi, guys. I'm going to put on my admin hat for just a second here.

I'm speaking to all y'all, including specifically CCwonder and GandalfPC: kindly avoid personal attacks and name calling / labeling.

Let me further say that when GandalfPC expresses the opinion that it's tacky to speculate on someone's medical condition or other potential reasons for not fulfilling a project and not communicating about it, he is expressing his opinion as an individual and not voicing policy on behalf of the UC moderators. And, if all y'all wanna vent, as long as it doesn't devolve to personal attacks, then go on ahead.

I *will* note that some folks don't participate here any longer because they feel the conversations spiral into toxic negativity, and I'm trying my best to keep an eye on that and discourage it from getting out of hand, but everybody's threshold for what constitutes "too much" will be set differently, so I'll simply ask you to keep in mind this one general rule of thumb:

Unless you think a point you posted was lost amidst a flurry of conversation, please refrain from repeating yourself. If you think you're being misunderstood, by all means clarify, and if you feel your point is being evaluated incorrectly, please feel free to provide supporting arguments. But if you keep repeating the same sentiment, regardless of whether it's supportive or negative, it's no longer a conversation and those contributions are no longer productive.

Thank you.

Oh, and yes, I agree CC, it's possible to get *really* nasty without saying "you are ___," but you correctly intuit that's not a road we should go down. :)
This space intentionally left blank.
rousselle
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by rousselle »

PS: I did, I must confess, laugh at the one-word shot that Gandalf fired off, and I also understand CC's *and* Gandalf's frustration. Not taking sides here. But, if you'd like, we do have a topic around here somewhere called "Thunderdome," and you can take your clever insults there, if you'd like. I'll look for the link if you want. Later. :)
This space intentionally left blank.
CCwonder

rousselle wrote: Fri May 03, 2024 7:43 pm PS: I did, I must confess, laugh at the one-word shot that Gandalf fired off, and I also understand CC's *and* Gandalf's frustration. Not taking sides here. But, if you'd like, we do have a topic around here somewhere called "Thunderdome," and you can take your clever insults there, if you'd like. I'll look for the link if you want. Later. :)
Not necessary to throw in that jab about his comment. That is what started it. I still feel like it's lopsided but it is whatever it is and so on and so forth. I do not want to be nasty to people but I also don't want to be held quiet or to different standards if somebody is insulting me. Grains of salt perhaps.
Honeybee
White Whale: Blk prototype Aviator Heritage
Decks Owned: 200

Unread post by Honeybee »

I can only read some posters posts by choosing to open them as they are on my foe's list (strong wording that - foe) and are at first blocked. Message to oneself - stop opening posts by people on my foe's list.
You're pretty sensitive when it comes to YOU feeling slighted CC. You knew you were being devious with your coma post/reply and clearly did not like Gandalf's comeback topping yours, he probably should have said an 'emPATHETIC post' so that it could not be interpreted as you being PATHETIC
KoD - my initials, no wonder I grew up a lover of playing cards
Avatar - Honeybee (No.15+17) Tuck pic by Randy Butterfield for PM
GandalfPC

I think its clear that I should not have let the one word lie as it was indeed too easy to interpret as a personal attack

I think its natural to not like getting called out while the guy standing right next to you doesn’t get called out

And I think its time to put this behind us, rather than trying to drive any more nails home.

My post ended up implying that he was showing a lack of empathy - while it is clear his post more implied a lack of trust in my judgement in protecting someone not delivering cards based on what I was told by the one not delivering.

I got hot, took a shot from the hip - loved the wordplay too much to be responsible about it. nuff said.

bdawg923
White Whale: bdawg x 923

Unread post by bdawg923 »

GandalfPC wrote: Sat May 04, 2024 9:50 am I think its clear that I should not have let the one word lie as it was indeed too easy to interpret as a personal attack

I think its natural to not like getting called out while the guy standing right next to you doesn’t get called out

And I think its time to put this behind us, rather than trying to drive any more nails home.

My post ended up implying that he was showing a lack of empathy - while it is clear his post more implied a lack of trust in my judgement in protecting someone not delivering cards based on what I was told by the one not delivering.

I got hot, took a shot from the hip - loved the wordplay too much to be responsible about it. nuff said.
Tbh I also thought you called him pathetic in your reply and thought that was super rude from a mod.
This comment has been mod-approved since you are able to see it.
GandalfPC

That’s about the size of it.

CCwonder

Water under the bridge. My sentiment still stands (minus the cheeky coma bits), first I want him to get better and second I want him to deliver. I apologize if that is perceived as callousness.