Is it bad dropping a KS pledge for deck potential not met?

Anything and everything playing cards!
OVSUB
Cardist: Yes
Collector: Yes
Player: Yes
White Whale: Someone to love
Decks Owned: 51

Is it bad dropping a KS pledge for deck potential not met?

Unread post by OVSUB »

Recently I've found myself dropping multiple pledges for decks that I feel are falling short of the hype and general potential the decks have. I feel sorta bad but I'm now more picky than I was when I started. Idk what do you guys think?
Life is fickle...
We live to die or rather we are dying to live.
flashcards
Decks Owned: 600

Re: Is it bad dropping a KS pledge for deck potential not me

Unread post by flashcards »

I've done that a bit. Sometimes I get caught up in the hype. I'll pledge for something, especially if I can get an early bird just to make sure I get in. Then I'll usually go back and evaluate it a couple of weeks later. If I find it doesn't "spark joy" in me, I usually have no problem un-pledging. There are very few campaigns that I later regretted dropping. There have also been a few that dropped that ended up having problems or not delivering at all. If money was no object I would probably stick with more projects but I have a limited budget so I have to be very frugal.
Harvonsgard
White Whale: Your Mami
Decks Owned: 420

Unread post by Harvonsgard »

Weird question, imo. You support what you like and don't support what you don't like. There is no good or bad in it.
You want to reclaim your mind and get it out of the hands of the cultural engineers who want to turn you into a half-baked moron consuming all this trash that’s being manufactured out of the bones of a dying world.

avatar credit: 𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔄𝔰𝔱𝔯𝔬𝔪𝔞𝔫𝔠𝔢𝔯 by Gands the Scholar @g_a_n_d_s_

rousselle wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 4:52 pmI very much want this in my collection, but at long last... I have to stop the insanity.
CollectADeck
White Whale: Anything by OathPCC
Decks Owned: 88

Unread post by CollectADeck »

Harvonsgard wrote:Weird question, imo. You support what you like and don't support what you don't like. There is no good or bad in it.
This 100%.

If you like a deck, or are on the fence, back it and re-evaluate later. If you don't like the deck, don't bother.
Bradius
White Whale: I do not hunt whales
Decks Owned: 4129

Unread post by Bradius »

That is fine. Bad form to me is dropping a limited pledge right before it ends that makes it difficult for someone else to pick it up, or dropping a pledge right before it ends such that the project doesn't fund. However, I think we have all dropped pledges for projects due to financial difficulties or just not staying excited about a project or how it evolves.
The Crazy Squirrel Deck Hunter - Hunt decks to extinction
Eric Lee
White Whale: Korchma Taras Bulba

Unread post by Eric Lee »

I've been dropping pledges and will be dropping a few more as I take a look at which projects really excite me more. This is because I just paid of my credit card bill for Lotrek Crypt, S17's Keymaster Tarot and other spring sale stuff. That was very painful.

But I'll drop projects after they have already funded and don't need my $ anymore. Also just before or around the 2 day reminder kicks in when others jump in if I have any untimed EB or limited slots.
theCapraAegagrus

Unread post by theCapraAegagrus »

Easy answer: No.
rousselle wrote:You are a fussy, picky guy.
Lotrek wrote:Given the number of morons produced in the world every day, a pessimist is actually a well informed realist.
Räpylätassu wrote:"Tyhmyydestä sakotetaan." You get fined for being stupid.
♥ ♦ Portfolio 52 Pro ♣ ♠
jerichoholic
White Whale: Many
Decks Owned: 4800

Unread post by jerichoholic »

No it is not bad.
Save 10% at Playing Card Decks here - https://app.marsello.com/Portal/Custom/ ... 561772eaee
Save 10% at Card Addiction here using code VJOSE32 - https://card-addiction.com/?ref=1efow7c06m
Check out my collection - http://portfolio52.com/profile/124
Check out my reviews - https://www.youtube.com/vjose32
The Card Club - https://www.facebook.com/groups/vjose32
Instagram - http://www.instagram.com/vjose32
Game Collection - https://boardgamegeek.com/collection/user/vjose32
Fes
White Whale: The Dude Deck

Re: Is it bad dropping a KS pledge for deck potential not met?

Unread post by Fes »

I've dropped some pledges due to inactivity from the KS creator. When I notice they are not invested and the funding to fulfillment goal is going to be tight. I'm outa there. Not all red flags happen on launch day and if there's anything I've learned over the years of KS, it's to pay attention to the red flags.

There is no shame in dropping a pledge, it's your money you do with it what you will. Drop a pledge for whatever reason YOU CHOOSE. Everything in your collection is up to you. What decks you have, what decks you support, where you pick up for you decks and what you do with your decks.

There is bad form on KS, absolutely there is, it's from the creators who don't fulfill their friggin products. Not from the people who choose to drop a pledge because the campaign, or those running them, is falling short of their expectations. Ultimately on KS you're not backing the product, you're backing that person who claims they're going to create this imaginary work of art. Because that's all it is until it becomes a deck of playing cards that is in your hands, it's imaginary.

Generally I stick with what I pledge for, there has to be something shown to me by the creator of the campaign for me to drop. You can drop for whatever reason you like though. Just like you can pick up an item in a grocery store, walk around inside the store for an hour and put it back on the shelf and walk out the door. KS campaigns have high stakes, it's the job of the person running the thing to keep you wanting whatever it is they're trying to sell. If the hype dies for you and you ditch, they didn't do their job and lost a customer.
TL:DR It's completely up to you.
We can still be friends.
I actually like playing cards.
We live in interesting times.
NativeTongue
✔ VERIFIED Designer
✔ VERIFIED Designer

Re: Is it bad dropping a KS pledge for deck potential not met?

Unread post by NativeTongue »

OVSUB wrote: Sun Apr 05, 2020 1:26 am Recently I've found myself dropping multiple pledges for decks that I feel are falling short of the hype and general potential the decks have. I feel sorta bad but I'm now more picky than I was when I started. Idk what do you guys think?

IMO as long as it's not at the very last minute (esp if something limited thus making it tough for someone else to get) there's nothing wrong with it...