Help for Custom Deck Production

If you have questions about, or submissions for, the Knowledge Base post them here.
Unrivaleddecks
Cardist: Yes
Collector: Yes
Player: Yes
Decks Owned: 15

Help for Custom Deck Production

Unread post by Unrivaleddecks »

Hey all, just wondering what the steps might be for the production of custom playing cards, like the sale and crowdfunding through kickstarter, marketing tips, and getting the printing set up with companies like USPCC. In addition, here's a couple of questions regarding the creation process of a custom deck:
1) Do you need to licence cards and if so, how?
2) How do you set up a kickstarter campaign and how does it connect funds and information with the provider of the product?
3) What are some tips for a good kickstarter campain? (Wording/writing, content reach, trailer video(?))
4) Any marketing tips on social media and sites? (should we make prototypes for reviewers to gain traction?)

In which case - Follow us on Instagram @unrivaleddecks and join us with the Discord invite link: discord.gg/JYxsgTX ;)
Custom deck team. Please follow us @unrivaleddecks on Twitter https://twitter.com/unrivaleddecks and Instagram https://www.instagram.com/unrivaleddecks/
Harvonsgard
White Whale: Your Mami
Decks Owned: 420

Re: Help for Custom Deck Production

Unread post by Harvonsgard »

Unrivaleddecks wrote:Hey all, just wondering what the steps might be for the production of custom playing cards, like the sale and crowdfunding through kickstarter, marketing tips, and getting the printing set up with companies like USPCC. In addition, here's a couple of questions regarding the creation process of a custom deck:
1) Do you need to licence cards and if so, how?
2) How do you set up a kickstarter campaign and how does it connect funds and information with the provider of the product?
3) What are some tips for a good kickstarter campain? (Wording/writing, content reach, trailer video(?))
4) Any marketing tips on social media and sites? (should we make prototypes for reviewers to gain traction?)

In which case - Follow us on Instagram @unrivaleddecks and join us with the Discord invite link: discord.gg/JYxsgTX ;)
I'm not a creator, but as a consumer I can tell you that the more effort I see, the more I'm willing to back/support creators/projects. The first priority is of course the design and/or theme of the deck but a solid campaign and signalled professionalism is always something that makes me (and I guess others) weigh in when I'm on the fence about a deck. Prototypes are an indicator for seriousness to me. It is an extra mile someone went and it tells me that a creator is a bit more commited to his project than if I only see renders.
You want to reclaim your mind and get it out of the hands of the cultural engineers who want to turn you into a half-baked moron consuming all this trash that’s being manufactured out of the bones of a dying world.

avatar credit: 𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔄𝔰𝔱𝔯𝔬𝔪𝔞𝔫𝔠𝔢𝔯 by Gands the Scholar @g_a_n_d_s_

rousselle wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 4:52 pmI very much want this in my collection, but at long last... I have to stop the insanity.
Unrivaleddecks
Decks Owned: 15

Unread post by Unrivaleddecks »

Does anyone know anything about the licencing of custom cards, if needed at all?
Custom deck team. Please follow us @unrivaleddecks on Twitter https://twitter.com/unrivaleddecks and Instagram https://www.instagram.com/unrivaleddecks/
EndersGame
Magician: Yes

Unread post by EndersGame »

Unrivaleddecks wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 3:36 pm Hey all, just wondering what the steps might be for the production of custom playing cards, like the sale and crowdfunding through kickstarter, marketing tips, and getting the printing set up with companies like USPCC.
Here's a detailed reference article which runs through all the key steps of this process:

How to Create Your Own Deck of Playing Cards: A Guide to Publishing Your Own Custom Deck
--
BoardGameGeek reviewer EndersGame => Playing Card Reviews <=>Magic Reviews <=> Board Game Reviews <=