666 Playing Cards by Riffle Shuffle

Find out about the latest and greatest playing cards hitting the market.
RichK
Collector: Yes
Decks Owned: 250

666 Playing Cards by Riffle Shuffle

Unread post by RichK »

Cartamundi printed. Embossed foiled tuck. More skeleton courts. Chance to buy gilded deck if you buy 2 sets or more.

Move on, nothing to see here.
Magic Tapp
Decks Owned: 816

Re: 666 Playing Cards - KS

Unread post by Magic Tapp »

Is it just me or do the courts look like the Planets series?
james001a
Player: Yes
White Whale: Aurum Laser Cut

Unread post by james001a »

This is a definite yes for me. Looks great.
I haven't slept for ten days, because that would be too long.

-Mitch Hedberg
Decknowledgy

Unread post by Decknowledgy »

Magic Tapp wrote:Is it just me or do the courts look like the Planets series?
It's like the Planets had a baby with the Seafarers.
"We look at the present through a rear-view mirror; we walk backwards into the future."
                        -- Marshall McLuhan (Media Theory Giant)
Decknowledgy™ (Ted)
Instagram Reviews: https://www.instagram.com/decknowledgy

Portfolio 52
hsbc
Cardist: Yes
White Whale: Grid 1 LE
Decks Owned: 1500

Unread post by hsbc »

I can sort of see it - maybe they're just from the SKULL PLANET [MURRAY] [MURRAY] [MURRAY]
P52DCIGUCr/m/52+J
shermjack
✔ VERIFIED Seller
✔ VERIFIED Seller

Unread post by shermjack »

Decknowledgy wrote:
It's like the Planets had a baby with the Seafarers.
My thoughts exactly, but I was gonna say the original J&T deck and all the recolors :lol:
A deck a day helps keep the addiction at bay!

Check out my collection on Instagram @caratcasecreations
STLBluesNut

Unread post by STLBluesNut »

I can see similarities with other courts for sure. For some reason, I like a lot of Riffle Shuffle decks and I am happy they are starting a premium line.

I love nice tucks and their decks have been just plain glossy standard tucks so I am happy to see them moving in this direction even though this deck design is kind of a departure style wise for them.

I would definitely like to see a premium version of some of their other decks like Sirius B and Surf.

I am in for a set though at 10 bucks per deck for sure. I really like the foil design on the inside of the tuck. A very nice touch.

Sent from my S10+ using Tapatalk
Adonael

Unread post by Adonael »

Not at all original, but hell, I like it.
rousselle
Site Admin
Site Admin
Magician: Yes

Unread post by rousselle »

The courts are decent, and THEY DO NOT APPEAR TO REPEAT.

The backs are decent.

The backs and the courts appear to go well together.

Printed by Cartamundi.

I'm going to have to consider this seriously.
This space intentionally left blank.
Harvonsgard
White Whale: Your Mami
Decks Owned: 420

Unread post by Harvonsgard »

Overall good work on the cards and tucks. Not my cup of tea personally, but nothing bad to say about them. I would love to see some premium on the cards though. If you label them as premium, I would at least expect metallic inks.
You want to reclaim your mind and get it out of the hands of the cultural engineers who want to turn you into a half-baked moron consuming all this trash that’s being manufactured out of the bones of a dying world.

avatar credit: 𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔄𝔰𝔱𝔯𝔬𝔪𝔞𝔫𝔠𝔢𝔯 by Gands the Scholar @g_a_n_d_s_

rousselle wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 4:52 pmI very much want this in my collection, but at long last... I have to stop the insanity.
Thirdway Industries
✔ VERIFIED Designer
✔ VERIFIED Designer

Unread post by Thirdway Industries »

This is probably more evil than the Evil Deck.
Thirdway Industries shop > https://www.thirdwayindustries.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Decknowledgy

Thirdway Industries wrote:This is probably more evil than the Evil Deck.
It is literally more evil, because the designer @pnkmgc is a proclaimed Satanist.
So in some way, this deck is not just simply art anymore; there's elements of a religious cult tied into it [MURRAY]
"We look at the present through a rear-view mirror; we walk backwards into the future."
Decknowledgy™ (Ted)

Portfolio 52
Thirdway Industries
✔ VERIFIED Designer
✔ VERIFIED Designer

Unread post by Thirdway Industries »

Decknowledgy wrote:
Thirdway Industries wrote:This is probably more evil than the Evil Deck.
It is literally more evil, because the designer @pnkmgc is a proclaimed Satanist
:shock: :shock: :shock:
Thirdway Industries shop > https://www.thirdwayindustries.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
theCapraAegagrus

Unread post by theCapraAegagrus »

F&*k, this deck is right up my alley... I must have them...
rousselle wrote:You are a fussy, picky guy.
Lotrek wrote:Given the number of morons produced in the world every day, a pessimist is actually a well informed realist.
Räpylätassu wrote:"Tyhmyydestä sakotetaan." You get fined for being stupid.
♥ ♦ Portfolio 52 Pro ♣ ♠
Adonael

Unread post by Adonael »

Decknowledgy wrote:It is literally more evil, because the designer @pnkmgc is a proclaimed Satanist.
So in some way, this deck is not just simply art anymore; there's elements of a religious cult tied into it [MURRAY]
Every religion is a cult, but Satanism being evil? Modern Satanists are Care Bears compared to Christians/Catholics etc and the untold amounts of human suffering they have caused and continue to cause, nothing else in our species' civilised history even compares. Here are the 7 Tenets of The Satanic Temple:
  • One should strive to act with compassion and empathy toward all creatures in accordance with reason.
    The struggle for justice is an ongoing and necessary pursuit that should prevail over laws and institutions.
    One’s body is inviolable, subject to one’s own will alone.
    The freedoms of others should be respected, including the freedom to offend. To willfully and unjustly encroach upon the freedoms of another is to forgo one's own.
    Beliefs should conform to one's best scientific understanding of the world. One should take care never to distort scientific facts to fit one's beliefs.
    People are fallible. If one makes a mistake, one should do one's best to rectify it and resolve any harm that might have been caused.
    Every tenet is a guiding principle designed to inspire nobility in action and thought. The spirit of compassion, wisdom, and justice should always prevail over the written or spoken word.
Any one of which would make the average god-fearing american sweat nervously. Religion is inherently evil, but I gotta say, Satanism is one of the very least evil out there, we should be building them temples instead of new churches.
vasta41
Card Oracle
Card Oracle

Unread post by vasta41 »

Let's keep this about playing cards, please.
Harvonsgard

Adonael wrote:Every religion is a cult, but Satanism being evil? Modern Satanists are Care Bears compared to Christians/Catholics etc and the untold amounts of human suffering they have caused and continue to cause, nothing else in our species' civilised history even compares. Here are the 7 Tenets of The Satanic Temple:
  • One should strive to act with compassion and empathy toward all creatures in accordance with reason.
    The struggle for justice is an ongoing and necessary pursuit that should prevail over laws and institutions.
    One’s body is inviolable, subject to one’s own will alone.
    The freedoms of others should be respected, including the freedom to offend. To willfully and unjustly encroach upon the freedoms of another is to forgo one's own.
    Beliefs should conform to one's best scientific understanding of the world. One should take care never to distort scientific facts to fit one's beliefs.
    People are fallible. If one makes a mistake, one should do one's best to rectify it and resolve any harm that might have been caused.
    Every tenet is a guiding principle designed to inspire nobility in action and thought. The spirit of compassion, wisdom, and justice should always prevail over the written or spoken word.
Any one of which would make the average god-fearing american sweat nervously. Religion is inherently evil, but I gotta say, Satanism is one of the very least evil out there, we should be building them temples instead of new churches.
... Image
I'm going to remind myself that this is a card forum and that freedom of speech includes the freedom to spread bias, prejudice and one-dimensional bigotry :D .
You want to reclaim your mind and get it out of the hands of the cultural engineers who want to turn you into a half-baked moron consuming all this trash that’s being manufactured out of the bones of a dying world.

rousselle wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 4:52 pmI very much want this in my collection, but at long last... I have to stop the insanity.
erniesthings

Unread post by erniesthings »

Interesting how Riffle Shuffle had a campaign end 2 weeks ago and now Riffle Shuffle Premium has another campaign funding.
Isn't this against the KS rules?
robcan0630

Unread post by robcan0630 »

Sold. I’m in.
Decknowledgy

Adonael wrote:
Decknowledgy wrote:It is literally more evil, because the designer @pnkmgc is a proclaimed Satanist.
Every religion is a cult, but Satanism being evil?
Yes, and I'm stating a fact.
Before you begin to spread your prejudices around, go and ask a true Satanist whether they feel that Satanism is evil. Pretty sure they would say yes and they think it's a good thing among their community.
Decknowledgy™ (Ted)

Portfolio 52
macstrat

Unread post by macstrat »

vasta41 wrote:Let's keep this about playing cards, please.
I do think there is a part in the design decks like these to encourage this kind of discussion. Its keeping it civil that becomes a different issue.
Decknowledgy wrote:Before you begin to spread your prejudices around, go and ask a true Satanist whether they feel that Satanism is evil. Pretty sure they would say yes and they think it's a good thing among their community.
It can also be argued that every religion has its extremists. It is pretty easy to only think of ideologies that we disagree with as being evil or wrong, instead of a different viewpoint on that subject. Living in the bifurcated and segmented age that we live in now, I do think a deck like this should be a catalyst to further the learning and understanding of a subject that some might find uncomfortable.

I also think that most agree that a deck of cards of like having a little art gallery in your pocket. Art tells a story, and every deck and every card has a story to tell, the question becomes are we willing to listen to the tale,and learn from it, even if it is uncomfortable.
Harvonsgard

macstrat wrote:
I do think there is a part in the design decks like these to encourage this kind of discussion. Its keeping it civil that becomes a different issue.
To a certain degree I agree but there are certain topics that we know are discussed since almost the dawn of men (exaggoration) and that people will never reach a common ground on; for things like that is the general section, imo.
macstrat wrote:It is pretty easy to only think of ideologies that we disagree with as being evil or wrong,
Amen to that btw.

Outsider

Unread post by Outsider »

Decknowledgy wrote:Yes, and I'm stating a fact.
Before you begin to spread your prejudices around, go and ask a true Satanist whether they feel that Satanism is evil. Pretty sure they would say yes and they think it's a good thing among their community.
To quote the man who literally came up with the entire concept of Satanism as a religion:

"Good is what you like, evil is what you don't like."
Decknowledgy

I'm fine with every form of religion, but speaking to a Satan enthusiastic friend of mine, I'm not speaking "evil" as "I think they are evil" but "they acknowledge that Satan and Satanism are evil, and that's the core value to that belief," which by their own words, is a good thing.

So we have to distinguish between what it means by good, bad, evil, and whether these are personal judgments or religious doctrines. Hope this clarifies.
Decknowledgy™ (Ted)

Portfolio 52
theCapraAegagrus

You guys don't even know the difference between Satanism and Luciferianism so just STFU.
Lotrek wrote:Given the number of morons produced in the world every day, a pessimist is actually a well informed realist.
♥ ♦ Portfolio 52 Pro ♣ ♠
vasta41
Card Oracle
Card Oracle

Unread post by vasta41 »

Harvonsgard wrote:
macstrat wrote:
To a certain degree I agree but there are certain topics that we know are discussed since almost the dawn of men (exaggoration) and that people will never reach a common ground on; for things like that is the general section, imo.
Exactly, I was vust being preventative. :)
Harvonsgard

theCapraAegagrus wrote:You guys don't even know the difference between Satanism and Luciferianism so just STFU.
Is there an inofficial competition going on? Who is able to paint with the broadest brush?

theCapraAegagrus

Harvonsgard wrote:
theCapraAegagrus wrote:You guys don't even know the difference between Satanism and Luciferianism so just STFU.
Is there an inofficial competition going on? Who is able to paint with the broadest brush?
Everyone is tied for last place.
♥ ♦ Portfolio 52 Pro ♣ ♠
Outsider

Unread post by Outsider »

theCapraAegagrus wrote:
Harvonsgard wrote:
Everyone is tied for last place.
I feel pretty confident that I'm not.
Bradius
White Whale: I do not hunt whales
Decks Owned: 4129

Re: 666 Playing Cards - KS (wap)

Unread post by Bradius »

Well, 427 backers so far and 427% of funding goal achieved so far. I will admit the artwork is pretty good, so that helps a lot. Folks do tend to like dark stuff when done well. I’ve backed the Goetia Tarot and the Goetia coins (mine finally shipped) - get this, the creator had to make over 350,000 coins for backers! Wow.

I am about as far from a Satanist or Luciferianist or whatever as you are likely to get, but still considering. As for some rather amazing comments against Christians and religious people in general, get a grip on yourself. Last I checked, I haven’t burned anyone at the stake. My wife’s great grandfather though was a priest killed by a thief stealing his church’s silver objects. I don’t think that makes him a murderer. Maybe a martyr and a victim. That sadly happens to devout people of many faiths.