Tally-Ho - Kings Wild Project Edition - Live

Find out about the latest and greatest playing cards hitting the market.
bamabenz
Collector: Yes

Re: Tally-Ho - Kings Wild Project Edition - Live

Unread post by bamabenz »

Or maybe after getting a few notches in his belt he knows better than to promise a date based on everything going exactly right, including stuff of which he has no or little control?

Also, it takes time to fulfill orders -- I got my Independence decks a full month after he announced that fulfillment had begun, and I'm in CA not overseas. I'm not complaining about that by the way, I ordered many, many decks for gifts, but some order a lot for resale, and its better for everyone when KS decks get to backers before they get to eBay!

/bama
'Certainly the game is rigged. Don't let that stop you; if you don't bet you can't win.'
Paul Middleton
✔ VERIFIED Seller
✔ VERIFIED Seller
Player: Yes

Unread post by Paul Middleton »

Great to see these are coming soon. Under-promise, over-deliver - a wise tactic in business.

We will be stocking these, really looking forward to seeing them.
www.JPGAMESltd.co.uk
----------------------------------------------
EXCLUSIVE OFFERS FOR UC MEMBERS
rousselle
Site Admin
Site Admin
Magician: Yes

Unread post by rousselle »

Got mine in the mail today.

Snapped a couple pix because I wanted to share; please pardon the low quality. Here are the Jokers and the AoS:
KWTHJokers.jpg
The Indices are nice and large and close to the edge:
KWTHIndexes.jpg
The courts... I'm not sure how I feel about the courts. The sizing of the Qs and Js are different from the Ks. Actually, even the Qs and Js are a little different from each other:
KWTHCourts.jpg
I pulled out my original Tallys to compare. The new deck is... fine. It's not grabbing me as much as I'd expected. Gotta say, though; the original Cincinnati Tallys sure do hold up nicely. We'll see how the King's Wild decks manage after they've gotten some play.

Edit: I will note that I do like the included double-backer and the gaff card.
This space intentionally left blank.
Cbkimble
Decks Owned: 363

Unread post by Cbkimble »

checked my mailbox last night and there they were. Glad to have gotten them.
Feeding the addiction one deck at a time.
Paul Middleton
✔ VERIFIED Seller
✔ VERIFIED Seller

Unread post by Paul Middleton »

Quick note if you're one of our customers - These are on the way to us now, and we should have them within 2 weeks all being well. £7.99. http://jpplayingcards.co.uk/kings-wild- ... ying-cards" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
www.JPGAMESltd.co.uk
----------------------------------------------
EXCLUSIVE OFFERS FOR UC MEMBERS
PrincessTrouble

Unread post by PrincessTrouble »

I love these cards. But now I find myself spoiled by the LUXX tuckbox. I wish "staple" decks like these (at least they will be staple decks for me) would have the tough tuckboxes. Thanks for spoiling me Paul and Randy. :D Still love these turtlebacks, though.
sinjin7
Cardist: Yes
Decks Owned: 1500

Unread post by sinjin7 »

I think the Luxx tuck boxes should win Best Tuck Box in the UC Deck of the Year contest. Love the thick, durable stock and exquisite foiling. Even though the Zenith is made from the same great stock and had the beautiful holographic foil, it fell short of the Luxx for me due to the awful side tuck (why can't EPCC/LPCC learn to glue their flaps?) which breaks up the design on the back of the box and is inconvenient to use.

I like the color scheme on the KW Tally box and the matte stock, but am unimpressed with the utter lack of bells and whistles like foiling or embossing, especially when compared to Jackson's previous decks. Like rousselle already pointed out, the scaling of the size of the courts are slightly odd, but they're colorful and fully custom and I like them. After teasing the picture of the multi-colored back, the monochrome blue of the back design seems a little plain, but I think its still a nice re-interpretation of the original Circle Back design.

Speaking of the multi-colored backs, I shudder to think of what the fully blinged out limited edition KW Tallys are going to cost. If these "staple" KW Tallys are now $14.00-$16.00 per deck shipped, how high are the "limited" one going to be? He might have priced himself out of the market with his KW Tallys. Since he set the floor at $14.00-$16.00 per deck shipped (for an un-blinged staple!), he can't go $17.00 on the limiteds because going just $1 higher would prove his "staple" deck is grossly overpriced (which it is anyways). This doesn't leave him much room, so if he goes $20.00+, then we're just going to see the Hive debacle repeated. If this is the case, at least I know I can always get it a few months later at a site like ToM at a fraction of the price Jackson's going to sell them for. . . :roll:
badpete69
Decks Owned: 1500

Unread post by badpete69 »

I got these tallys for $8.33 shipped per deck so maybe there is hope for the initial release of the limited to get $10 a deck

EDIT Since some are asking, The brick was $100 including shipping.. so $8.33 a deck
PrincessTrouble

Unread post by PrincessTrouble »

Me too. $90 for the brick and $10 for shipping. So $8.33 per deck, shipped.
Bikefanatic
Decks Owned: 333

Unread post by Bikefanatic »

This is a good normal deck, that's what it's supposed to be. I also where there was foil or embossing on it too. When you display your decks, other probably can't tell if it has the bells and whistles on it unless light hits it or close up on it. I'm spoiled to where I want all decks to have at least something on it.
"When I like something, I buy. No matter who did it, how many were printed or how many (re)colors exist.

When I don't like something, I pass. No matter who did it, how many were printed or how many (re)colors exist."

-Lotrek

*MY PORTFOLIO52 PROFILE https://portfolio52.com/profile/26674

* MY SELLER REVIEW viewtopic.php?f=28&t=16586
Cbkimble
Decks Owned: 363

Re: Tally-Ho - Kings Wild Project Edition - Live (wap)

Unread post by Cbkimble »

I actually received my brick for $91 shipped. That's about $7.53 a deck.

Discount code knocked $9 off total.
Eric Lee
White Whale: Korchma Taras Bulba

Unread post by Eric Lee »

Surprising that the KWP black diamond Tally-ho deck has no thread of it's own. Overall this deck seems to have snuck thru unnoticed by most collectors vs his other decks.

Jerry Foster clearance sale on Ebay has it for sale at $30 here, which is just $3 more than the KS price. I believe it's JR's first foiled and metaluxe deck. It turned out really nice.

Here's the original KS page: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/ki ... jackson-ro