*OFFICIAL* 2019 'Deck of the Year' Awards

Featuring our favourite decks including winners of the Decks Of The Year awards and the Annual United Cardists Decks
OVSUB
Cardist: Yes
Collector: Yes
Player: Yes
White Whale: Someone to love
Decks Owned: 51

Re: *OFFICIAL* 2019 'Deck of the Year' Awards

Unread post by OVSUB »

MUAHAHAHAHAHA! It's my turn. I'm currently very busy so I can't immediately reply I'mma need help I'll be done with work at midnight Central time will be my reply time. Card clip or mystery JP brick?
Life is fickle...
We live to die or rather we are dying to live.
hsbc
White Whale: Grid 1 LE
Decks Owned: 1500

Unread post by hsbc »

Aaahhh just pick one ;) :lol:
P52DCIGUCr/m/52+J
cardistroy

Unread post by cardistroy »

My turn is also coming soon :ugdance:

Preparing for LSAT these days, I could be late in responding but will make sure I do at the earliest.
OVSUB

Unread post by OVSUB »

I'm going to go with the Black Ostrich Leather card clip, I have few decks but have nothing to protect them with. So my instinct to protect my precious cards wins over my greed of wanting more cards.
Life is fickle...
OVSUB

Unread post by OVSUB »

I've PMed the dude after me! Um... KingWareGoods doesn't have a account on UC... Who do I contact? I know their Insta and have contacted them before through the gram but how do I claim?
Life is fickle...
OVSUB

Unread post by OVSUB »

Curt wrote:
yushucc wrote:I'd like to pick the mystery brick from JP games!

Going to pm the next guy
Based off the post above yours, I don't think it will take him long to respond.
Funny thing is I really have fallen in love with this community and it's cool to talk to all you guys as well as the fact that you could manage to even get in touch with designers! Also I think I have a problem I keep checking the forums for conversations to have fun in.

Edit(So I don't spam this thread):
Also I probably haven't mentioned this but... THANK YOU AMY(?)/PipChick for organizing this event and being part of the group of people who have let me in gently into this cool arse forum.

Also thanks for all the people who have interacted with me and taken me into your midst of playing card collecting. I look forwards to multiple years of fun with you guys in the future!

Yours Truly,
A Happy Subby.
Life is fickle...
SirCrunoke
Decks Owned: 120

Unread post by SirCrunoke »

OVSUB wrote: Um... KingWareGoods doesn't have a account on UC... Who do I contact? I know their Insta and have contacted them before through the gram but how do I claim?
You could also try to contact them via their Website

There is a chat function in which you can write you choosed the prize and give your email for them to contact you back.
OVSUB

Unread post by OVSUB »

I got a hold of them on Insta.
Life is fickle...
CollectADeck
White Whale: Anything by OathPCC
Decks Owned: 88

Unread post by CollectADeck »

This might be a bit of a wait. Looks like thehartwell hasn't been on since 1/29/2020
OVSUB

Unread post by OVSUB »

That's a big oof
Life is fickle...
SirCrunoke

Well since he did not log in probably since then, and the rule was to show up somewhere until Monday, the 17th, will we just move on?
If yes I would say we wait for Amy's go, maybe he texted her with that anonymous function.
PipChick wrote:giveaway winners will have until the following Monday, February 17th, 2020 (approximately 72hrs) to respond either publicly in a post or privately through a message that they will be present and reachable to participate in selecting and claiming a prize from the giveaway among those available.

Found Here at the bottom under ADDITIONAL TERMS & CONDITIONS OF AGREEMENT IN ENTERING GIVEAWAY under 1.) AVAILABLE TO CLAIM GIVEAWAY PRIZE the second POINT.

But for next year I would say everybody who wants to participate AND get the 72 Hours (maybe 24 or 48 next year) should undo that anonymous function. At least for the time to choose their price.

EDIT: As I said in my first comment about this, we could do it like that: If somebody is about to pick and did not respond till that point in time, we will move on. Doesn't need to be happend before Tuesday, 18th. But if he DID NOT RESPOND AT ALL I would say we move on.

So everybody has time to respond to the one choosing prior to them.
flashcards
Decks Owned: 600

Unread post by flashcards »

Well, my name is still not on the list and I haven't heard from Pip so I guess I'm out of luck this year. Seems like there are more winners than there are prizes anyway so I won't be the only one. Still appreciate all the hard work Pipchick put into this and congrats to all the winners.
kem-collector

Unread post by kem-collector »

flashcards wrote:Seems like there are more winners than there are prizes anyway so I won't be the only one. Still appreciate all the hard work Pipchick put into this and congrats to all the winners.
There are 86 listed winners and 86 listed prizes.
arjun1616
Magician: Yes
White Whale: regalia
Decks Owned: 20

Unread post by arjun1616 »

flashcards wrote:Well, my name is still not on the list and I haven't heard from Pip so I guess I'm out of luck this year. Seems like there are more winners than there are prizes anyway so I won't be the only one. Still appreciate all the hard work Pipchick put into this and congrats to all the winners.
welcome to the club lol
ok
CollectADeck
White Whale: Anything by OathPCC
Decks Owned: 88

Unread post by CollectADeck »

So I am guessing thehartwell didn't confirm his ability to participate in the drawing prior to 2/17/2020, meaning we should be moving on to the next person? And the list should be adjusted to bump #87 into the mix?
arjun1616
Magician: Yes
White Whale: regalia
Decks Owned: 20

Unread post by arjun1616 »

i guess.......but i think he has like a few hrs left according to the rule

i doubt he will see it though..i Pm'ed him it's in outbox
ok
SirCrunoke

arjun1616 wrote:i guess.......but i think he has like a few hrs left according to the rule

i doubt he will see it though..i Pm'ed him it's in outbox
The Rule was
PipChick wrote:giveaway winners will have until the following Monday, February 17th, 2020 (approximately 72hrs) to respond either publicly in a post or privately through a message that they will be present and reachable to participate in selecting and claiming a prize from the giveaway among those available.

So in my opinion we move on. But like I said in my upper post, we should wait for PipChick to confirm this, in case he wrote a PM to here.

EDIT: I wrote a PM to PipChick so please don't spam here. She will be here when she has time. (I did it so she gets an email about PM and maybe responses faster, but I can understand that she does not invest all of her time into this, since she already put so much time into the DOTY. Thanks again Pip!!)
shkorc

Unread post by shkorc »

What's the holdup? :)
Bradius
White Whale: I do not hunt whales
Decks Owned: 4129

Unread post by Bradius »

We are currently waiting on prize winner #28 thehartwell to make a prize selection. I come accross him on KWP Instagram live and such, but wasn't active this weekend. I hesitate to ask Nick or someone over there to message him for a UC matter.
The Crazy Squirrel Deck Hunter - Hunt decks to extinction
Harvonsgard
White Whale: Your Mami
Decks Owned: 420

Unread post by Harvonsgard »

No reason to break a leg if someone isn't claiming his prize. If it's within the rules, let's move on.
You want to reclaim your mind and get it out of the hands of the cultural engineers who want to turn you into a half-baked moron consuming all this trash that’s being manufactured out of the bones of a dying world.

avatar credit: 𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔄𝔰𝔱𝔯𝔬𝔪𝔞𝔫𝔠𝔢𝔯 by Gands the Scholar @g_a_n_d_s_

rousselle wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 4:52 pmI very much want this in my collection, but at long last... I have to stop the insanity.
NativeTongue
✔ VERIFIED Designer
✔ VERIFIED Designer

Unread post by NativeTongue »

Harvonsgard wrote:No reason to break a leg if someone isn't claiming his prize. If it's within the rules, let's move on.
Yeah, I never really understood having to track people down to give them prizes
Outsider

Unread post by Outsider »

Obviously we are bound by existing rules for this year, but I would be fine with amending rules for next year's to speed things up. I agree that there's no sense in busting ass to give people something for free. At the very least, being passed on until you show up to claim is perfectly fair in the name of moving things along; with over 80 prizes, if each person took 24 hours on average we'd spend a quarter of the year on this.

If I were out camping or something when I got notified it was my turn and everyone decided to move on after not hearing from me the same day, I wouldn't be the slightest bit angry. It wouldn't be the first time I missed something because I prioritized something else by my own free choice; I expect that adults would understand this is how life works.

This is especially true because this is the most ridiculously generous giveaway I've ever seen on the internet. You need do nothing except vote and can register for the forum the same day you do so without taking any other actions on the forum, have a decent enough chance at winning a prize that people complain if they don't, and those prizes include bricks of valuable custom cards! The fact that this doesn't result in an intolerable flood of people registering for the sake of snatching up free loot then never being heard from again is amazing.
SirCrunoke

Outsider wrote:Obviously we are bound by existing rules for this year, but I would be fine with amending rules for next year's to speed things up. I agree that there's no sense in busting ass to give people something for free. At the very least, being passed on until you show up to claim is perfectly fair in the name of moving things along; with over 80 prizes, if each person took 24 hours on average we'd spend a quarter of the year on this.

If I were out camping or something when I got notified it was my turn and everyone decided to move on after not hearing from me the same day, I wouldn't be the slightest bit angry. It wouldn't be the first time I missed something because I prioritized something else by my own free choice; I expect that adults would understand this is how life works.

This is especially true because this is the most ridiculously generous giveaway I've ever seen on the internet. You need do nothing except vote and can register for the forum the same day you do so without taking any other actions on the forum, have a decent enough chance at winning a prize that people complain if they don't, and those prizes include bricks of valuable custom cards! The fact that this doesn't result in an intolerable flood of people registering for the sake of snatching up free loot then never being heard from again is amazing.
I don't know how often I have to repeat.

The Rule is

So it IS EXISTING RULE THIS YEAR

But again to repeat, I am not the one who chooses to move on.
GNS MAGIC

Unread post by GNS MAGIC »

I am after thehartwell. I'm not sure as to when I should go ahead with my pick. I will keep checking periodically. If it is decided that we move on or they have made their pick, then I will post my selection so there will not be a hold up on my end.
SirCrunoke

OVSUB wrote:I've PMed the dude after me! Um... KingWareGoods doesn't have a account on UC... Who do I contact? I know their Insta and have contacted them before through the gram but how do I claim?
22 Feb 2020, 06:16 (UTC +1 Time zone) plus 72 Hours will be 25 06.16 (UTC +1)
So in my opinion you can just pick then. (well in MY OPINION you can just choose right away, but that would take the 72 Hours not responding for PM's rule into account.) According to the last posts from others which refered to this, they agree. But I just speak for myself.
And since I was number 12 I am out. But PipChick has a PM from me already so I hope she will show up soon, but no rush for PipChick since she already invest's so much time.

I took this post, cause there OVSUB states he has PMed him. I would put 72 Hours on top of the PM not on top of OVSUB's post. So OVSUB can lower this time if he tells the exact time where he PMed thehartwell.
Like the others, I don't want to throw somebody out of this prize choosing, but this is taking already so long and in my opinion.... well I stated my opinion often enough now I think. :lol: ... in my opinion the "rule" to at least post something until the one before you has to choose (official until Monday 27th Feb) is broken already.

EDIT: edited a lot since my brain is sleeping already. :?
Outsider

Unread post by Outsider »

SirCrunoke wrote:The Rule is

This certainly suggests that everyone who has not posted anything to this thread to date or PM'd Amy could be purged from the list immediately by anyone with the authority to do that, but I actually don't see any rule at all stating how to handle pass situations or how long a person is permitted after being notified of their turn. That appears to be the real hangup, and is why I suggest a rule amendment spelling it out so things are expedited next time around.
SirCrunoke

Outsider wrote:
SirCrunoke wrote:The Rule is

This certainly suggests that everyone who has not posted anything to this thread to date or PM'd Amy could be purged from the list immediately by anyone with the authority to do that, but I actually don't see any rule at all stating how to handle pass situations or how long a person is permitted after being notified of their turn. That appears to be the real hangup, and is why I suggest a rule amendment spelling it out so things are expedited next time around.
Yes every year there is improvement.

I suggested already, like 2 times or so, we don't have to look to close at this rule since it is really hidden in the text and not many read it, so again IN MY OPINION let's do it like this:

just post something, that you will be ready or so, BEFORE the person in front of you chooses. So everybody can be sure that you will be choosing some time soon. Maybe also they will not, but this would have a higher chance to work fast. And it is not stated where, so if somebody posted in another thread it is ok.

Also the thing with the PM is tricky cause nobody out of PipChick can look at her PM's. PipChick just as example cause it isn't even stated who we have to PM. :?

EDIT: In this "special" case, thehartwell has last visited UC at 29 Jan 2020, 17:19 (UTC+1), not anonymous. That means he doesn't even know he won probably.
hsbc
White Whale: Grid 1 LE
Decks Owned: 1500

Unread post by hsbc »

All in all I think we should move on to GNS MAGIC - if thehartwell shows up, we'll figure out what to do then :D
P52DCIGUCr/m/52+J
Decknowledgy

Unread post by Decknowledgy »

I think I just figured out the problem. Went to check @thehartwell's Instagram and he posted 22hrs ago---seemingly from a Caribbean Cruise (oof, hahahahahaha)... If so, steady internet would be a problem for him.

Anyways, I left a comment on that post, hopefully this helps.
"We look at the present through a rear-view mirror; we walk backwards into the future."
                        -- Marshall McLuhan (Media Theory Giant)
Decknowledgy™ (Ted)
Instagram Reviews: https://www.instagram.com/decknowledgy

Portfolio 52
thehartwell

Re: *OFFICIAL* 2019 'Deck of the Year' Awards (wap)

Unread post by thehartwell »

I'm so sorry, I am indeed in the middle of the Gulf of Mexico. I will take Bradius' prize package. The Mixed half brick.