Seronda Sentiments & Verana Virtues by Seasons Playing Cards

Find out about the latest and greatest playing cards hitting the market.
TheGentlemanWake
✔ VERIFIED Designer
✔ VERIFIED Designer
Collector: Yes
Decks Owned: 1000

Re: Seronda Sentiments & Verana Virtues by Seasons Playing C

Unread post by TheGentlemanWake »

As I understand it he’s out of the country for a little bit. I know this because he sent me a package with something I’m sure all of you will be very very very very interested to see. That’s all I will say for now. But consider this a long lead tease to something coming soon. ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
For the best in playing cards related content:

https://www.wake.video/youtube
theCapraAegagrus

Unread post by theCapraAegagrus »

I'm happy to report that both of my cabinets are of equal size and without blemishes. I'll have to wait until I get home later today to see if the magnet polarities don't match my V1 cabinets. Fingers are crossed!
rousselle wrote:You are a fussy, picky guy.
Lotrek wrote:Given the number of morons produced in the world every day, a pessimist is actually a well informed realist.
Räpylätassu wrote:"Tyhmyydestä sakotetaan." You get fined for being stupid.
♥ ♦ Portfolio 52 Pro ♣ ♠
sms69x
Magician: Yes
Decks Owned: 700

Unread post by sms69x »

I also got my cabinets, and unfortunately I've to report that they don't stack with the old ones...
Mine are all equal in size at least!! And the new ones stack very perfectly, but when trying to stack them with the old ones I can't get them to align... This is just a shame, hope Alex can do something about this, Have anyone already got any answer from him??
theCapraAegagrus

:( :( :(
Stepchild
Decks Owned: 146

Unread post by Stepchild »

Alex has decided it’s bygones. They checked for fit within this project, but “logic” simply didn’t indicate checking versus the predecessor project.
Stepchild

“Designed to "magically stack" with other cabinets in your collection”

“The whole idea behind having multiple cabinets is that they magically CONNECT with the other cabinets and become one tidy cabinet”

There was also a video that showed up to four cabinets connecting in the natural expected way. I don’t think there was a way to get four cabinets other than by backing both campaigns, but clearly, the previous campaign was considered — one could almost say ‘touted’ — but the design failed.

It would be better to admit that, I’d think.
Stepchild

I’m wrong about the quantity, cabinets were available to add on. And yet.
IAmTheChin
✔ VERIFIED Designer
✔ VERIFIED Designer
Player: Yes
Decks Owned: 300

Unread post by IAmTheChin »

Hey guys,

I’ve been with limited internet access as of late and am in the middle of the busy season of e-mails where I’m literally checking 5 inboxes everyday trying to get to everyone’s questions about their orders and tracking. I definitely didn’t mean to ignore anyone here but my mind slipped to check on the UC forums themselves.

This box thing had become the bane of my existence once I discovered what happened. It’s taken an insane amount of back and forth even trying to figure out and deduce what actually happened. Since my boxes fit fine I had no idea what was going on. There were multiple production batches as well so there was a lot of tracking and back and forth calls to find out which were what. But it’s looking out to be that all the v2 boxes are oriented the same way. I think this is a better problem than having half one way and half the other. The reason I didn’t catch this was because the samples are oriented the v1 way.

The easiest first round solution to think of is to have them reproduce everything and ship them out at their cost since it was a production mistake they did. But after an insanely long amount of trying, fast forward to now (insert a lot of emotionally taxing back and forth) we’re at a point where they won’t have any of it and say they weren’t to know that 2 projects separated by a year were to be in relationship to each other. Admittedly I understand the logic behind that but the frustration that I still have with them is beyond since I’ve never once changed the schematics. The logistics of replacing these at entirely my cost for their mistake is something I’m not sure I can swing given how expensive a minimum run of these would be again.

Changing the magnets in the existing boxes is sort of a no go since they are embedded. That was what was sleek about them but it also makes it pretty difficult as a quick fix solution for people to do on an existing box. (Each box is embedded with 16 magnets). After a LOT of solution mapping of pros and cons of each I think the best solution now is not to continue fighting with production but to keep things moving forward.

Basically there are 2 sets of boxes now with 3 sets of people (v1 owners, v2 owners, and v1 + v2 owners). Technically only one of those subsets are affected by this issue. So what I’m thinking as a possible solution (although I’m always open to ideas) is that I’m going to be making a box for the Elixir deck launch (connected to the Apothecary). Given that people affected are most likely the more dedicated KS people I’m thinking that I’ll do a 24 hour EB for the box sets to allow people to get those at a cheaper price instead of doing it like I normally do. It keeps things moving forward and I think people wouldn’t mind a new box type instead of getting the same box again.

Going forward I’ll be embracing the v2 magnetic orientation since this was the more current one and more populous. In 20 years we’ll look back and laugh and laugh about the misnomer v1 mistake box that people are selling for half a bajillion dollars. At the end of the day the boxes are still neat, affordable, and display the decks well. I’d really hate to see their production error overshadow the immense amount of work and craft put into this project. I’m still the only person manning the ship and have a finite amount of bandwidth but I do my absolute best to be transparent and timely about things. If you ever need me I’m always available through e-mail, but if I don't respond immediately please give me a bit of time. :oops:

-Alex
Manage Your Collections with
http://www.Portfolio52.com

Every collection starts somewhere. Start your saga. Start with Seasons.
http://www.SeasonsPlayingCards.com
Smocito

Unread post by Smocito »

Could you do a small plaque with v1 magnets orientation on top and v2 orientation on the bottom (just a simple plaque so people could choose witch cabinets to put on top), to be placed in the middle of v1 and v2 cabinets?
I have no idea on the cost but I think it would allow to work around the problem
Bradius
White Whale: I do not hunt whales
Decks Owned: 4129

Unread post by Bradius »

First, as a part of the subset that just has the new cabinets and not the first versions, I am not impacted by this issue. If I was in your shoes, I would be quite unhappy with the vendor too. Especially as they sent you a prototype that oriented to work with the V1 cabinets. Then, to have them change that orientation without communicating with you is the key issue. Otherwise, how can you manage your quality control? That said, I understand that either you or the manufacturer eating the cost (since there is not a repair option) is just not feasible, even if it is only for those that have both version 1 and version 2 cabinets. I will let those impacted weigh in on your proposed solution, but it seems reasonable to me.
The Crazy Squirrel Deck Hunter - Hunt decks to extinction
theCapraAegagrus

What about making the new Elixir box bridge the 2 Apothecary boxes? I mean, an elixir itself is magical, and a box that can fix the connectivity problems between the 2 series of boxes would certainly be a magical solution... I know that the logistics will be more complex than normal, but considering that the shop really screwed these up for both you and your loyal customers, I think that they should be up to the task to help make it right.
Lotrek wrote:Given the number of morons produced in the world every day, a pessimist is actually a well informed realist.
♥ ♦ Portfolio 52 Pro ♣ ♠
IAmTheChin
✔ VERIFIED Designer
✔ VERIFIED Designer

Smocito wrote:Could you do a small plaque with v1 magnets orientation on top and v2 orientation on the bottom (just a simple plaque so people could choose witch cabinets to put on top), to be placed in the middle of v1 and v2 cabinets?
That's a really interesting idea that I haven't thought of. I don't think I could get it small/thin enough to immediately switch the polarization. The neodymium magnets are really strong. At one point in time I was considering teaching people to change the polarity of their magnets but that doesn't sound like anyone would have the tools to do so. I'll do a quick look but I'm going to be super honest as a non scientist dude I have no idea how to search to have an item have essentially a female/female polarity item made.
TwoPiece wrote:What about making the new Elixir box bridge the 2 Apothecary boxes? I mean, an elixir itself is magical, and a box that can fix the connectivity problems between the 2 series of boxes would certainly be a magical solution
I want to do this solution so bad. The idea of a 4 deck box isn't the worst. You'd just need to have a spacer in the center to account for the box thickness of the bottom columns (when stacked side by side). It'd be a nice cap to the 2 columns. The biggest problem with this is that they're also polarized on the sides of each column so you need space between the boxes which would basically be breaking the single cabinet illusion.

portcullis
Decks Owned: 440

Unread post by portcullis »

Alex, thanks for your efforts in this regard. As one of the minority seriously affected [i.e. owning v1+v2] it's such a buzzkill that this second set of decks is such an egregious and obvious mismatch, especially so as it's not your mistake. On the positive side, I can now say I own an error deck from an established and much-loved designer!! That said, whatever you've got planned for the fix, count me in. I'll keep an eye on this story as it develops.
theCapraAegagrus

IAmTheChin wrote:
Smocito wrote:Could you do a small plaque with v1 magnets orientation on top and v2 orientation on the bottom (just a simple plaque so people could choose witch cabinets to put on top), to be placed in the middle of v1 and v2 cabinets?
That's a really interesting idea that I haven't thought of. I don't think I could get it small/thin enough to immediately switch the polarization. The neodymium magnets are really strong. At one point in time I was considering teaching people to change the polarity of their magnets but that doesn't sound like anyone would have the tools to do so. I'll do a quick look but I'm going to be super honest as a non scientist dude I have no idea how to search to have an item have essentially a female/female polarity item made.
TwoPiece wrote:What about making the new Elixir box bridge the 2 Apothecary boxes? I mean, an elixir itself is magical, and a box that can fix the connectivity problems between the 2 series of boxes would certainly be a magical solution
I want to do this solution so bad. The idea of a 4 deck box isn't the worst. You'd just need to have a spacer in the center to account for the box thickness of the bottom columns (when stacked side by side). It'd be a nice cap to the 2 columns. The biggest problem with this is that they're also polarized on the sides of each column so you need space between the boxes which would basically be breaking the single cabinet illusion.
Ah! I wasn't thinking that Elixir would be another 2 cabinets.

I changed magnet polarities in elementary school. Surely I should have the ability to do so about 20 years later... I had already considered doing this myself after the sadness of seeing my boxes unable to form the mighty Megazord.
♥ ♦ Portfolio 52 Pro ♣ ♠
Lotrek
✔ VERIFIED Designer
✔ VERIFIED Designer

Unread post by Lotrek »

What is crazy in this business is that you can never know what will be the next mistake and who will do it...
"Bite more than you can chew and then chew it"

----------------------------------------------------------
fb: https://www.facebook.com/oathplayingcards/
twitter:@OathPCC
portcullis
Decks Owned: 440

Unread post by portcullis »

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Kudos for the self-deprecation my Greek buddy!
rousselle
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by rousselle »

Alex, I did not order the cabinets, and I know that the folks here can get crabby after a while if they feel they are not being heard, but you are taking this all in stride and handling this with a great deal of grace as far as I can see. You are a class act.
This space intentionally left blank.
theCapraAegagrus

rousselle wrote:Alex, I did not order the cabinets, and I know that the folks here can get crabby after a while if they feel they are not being heard, but you are taking this all in stride and handling this with a great deal of grace as far as I can see. You are a class act.
How much did he pay you to say this!?
♥ ♦ Portfolio 52 Pro ♣ ♠
PipChick
White Whale: StrangeLove + Italian Cats
Decks Owned: 200

Unread post by PipChick »

TwoPiece wrote:
rousselle wrote:Alex, I did not order the cabinets, and I know that the folks here can get crabby after a while if they feel they are not being heard, but you are taking this all in stride and handling this with a great deal of grace as far as I can see. You are a class act.
How much did he pay you to say this!?
KRILL!!! lmao :lol: :lol: :lol:
Spectre
Decks Owned: 3000

Unread post by Spectre »

Is there anyway remake the V1 boxes for those of us that fall into the V1 & V2 category mentioned above. I'm not saying do it for free, but maybe offer up an option to buy corrected boxes so they mate with future boxes like what was intended.
I agree with this comment, but, as of yet there still is not a solution to the issue.
theCapraAegagrus

Spectre wrote:Is there anyway remake the V1 boxes for those of us that fall into the V1 & V2 category mentioned above. I'm not saying do it for free, but maybe offer up an option to buy corrected boxes so they mate with future boxes like what was intended.
I agree with this comment, but, as of yet there still is not a solution to the issue.
I would definitely consider buying a 2nd set of V1 cabinets that align with my V2s.

I can always store a different 4-deck set in the original V1 boxes (like Seasons 1st print run).
♥ ♦ Portfolio 52 Pro ♣ ♠
IAmTheChin
✔ VERIFIED Designer
✔ VERIFIED Designer

Reissuing unfortunately faces a couple problems. The first is the production of hundreds of boxes for a selected few. This would effectively make the price point way higher than a person would actually want to pay for a replacement. (I wouldn't be able to sell the rest due to the next problem). Second and maybe even more important is the integrity of a collector item. The limited edition cabinets have numbered certificates of authenticity. Reproducing suddenly brings any and all claims of LTD into question of this project and past projects. This is even more so if you are part of the other two groups that were not effected. (Imagine having someone re-issue a limited item due to a “mistake”. If you can’t see or reproduce it on your end it feels a bit odd or even suspicious).

At the end of the day there were few people affected and less that were frustrated by it (although I am one of them). That being said this seems to be a problem around perception of intention for this collection that is “supposed to be this way”. I think TwoPiece brings a great perspective with this in that you could put different decks in the V1s to treat it separately. My launch of the first and second Seasons had collector boxes of the same 4 piece collection and people display them side by side happily although it’s a similar scenario.

In regards to introducing a solution, I truly do believe that introducing more V2 is the best solve to this perception problem. Creating a majority of V2 boxes creates a “this is how it’s supposed to be” and would effectively help people just treat the v1 box as something separate. For the first time I’ll be introducing some of the limited edition box tiers at discounted EB pricing (effectively targeting those that were affected). I think this will help keep things moving forward, acknowledge the problem, and be providing a solution. Some people are going to be disappointed by this and others thrilled, but at the end of the day it is a real solution.

sms69x
Decks Owned: 700

Unread post by sms69x »

Hi Alex,

So any update regarding this issue.
I didn't manged to snag a cabinet from your last campaign - thought you would save some of those cabinets for the people affect, but you had other things in mind - and from what I read that was one of the ways you were think in solving this issue. So for those of us (or maybe just me), what other solutions you have in mind?
KT52

Unread post by KT52 »

I think a good solution would be to make the elixir box so that it can fit in the middle of the two sets, thereby joining all 5 to stack perfectly.
Bradius
White Whale: I do not hunt whales
Decks Owned: 4129

Unread post by Bradius »

I was just kinda hoping for the current magnetically aligned cabinets of some type to be available for purchase, even if after the campaign while the others are being made. I have the decks from the first campaign, but need cabinets for them. I didn't get them until after the second campaign, so didn't buy extra cabinets then. But, maybe there will not be enough demand to make it worth building. I guess that is part of the problem.
The Crazy Squirrel Deck Hunter - Hunt decks to extinction