UC KS Watchdogs (A strategy for tracking delays)

Anything and everything playing cards!
Strag
Collector: Yes
Player: Yes
White Whale: None
Decks Owned: 0

Re: UC KS Watchdogs (A strategy for tracking delays)

Unread post by Strag »

Got mine in the UK 2 days ago. Really love the half brick boxes.
RichK
Decks Owned: 250

Unread post by RichK »

The June 1st Moresque email said
Hi all,

First, a huge thank you for embracing Moresque with such passion!

We can’t wait to see the decks reaching you all.

But... we have to wait a few more days for that. It’s Lotrek, remember? You always need to add a bit of waiting.

Even if there are no problems with the production, your trusted delay expert will find a way to do what he can do best: delay!

Creating a deck is not just a business. It’s a commitment to the art itself but also to those who support you. Under that light, we realised that friends, family and a few other people who play-tested the deck, said the same thing: “awesome artwork but difficult to play with, because some numbers are not very legible and it’s hard to tell the spades from the clubs.”

Bummer! Carried away by the aesthetics, I overlooked the playability of a deck meant to be played! For a perfectionist this is huge. So huge that it actually is a no brainer: Tomorrow we are reprinting the deck with the changes needed to make it perfectly playable while at the same time it will keep the unique Arabic scripture style of the fonts. Just a bit more easily recognisable.

There will also be a few tiny improvements in the artwork here and there since I just cannot leave things in peace...

The whole will be so much better that I believe it’s worth waiting a few more days before shipping.

I know it's crazy but you know I'm crazy!

Thank you and stay tuned for shipping announcement in about a week.

Lotrek
Move on, nothing to see here.
rousselle
Site Admin
Site Admin
Magician: Yes

Unread post by rousselle »

Happy Cardependence Day!

Let's check in on the Watchdogs list.

June saw a few more projects drop off the list, which is always awesome. HELLO TIKI V3 (originally anticipated for Jan '21 fulfillment) may have been a little later than originally projected, but arrived with extra mini-decks gratis, so that was a totally fantastic bonus. Bosch Puzzle (Feb '21) decks had arrived in May, but my art print of the uncut arrived first thing in June, taking this project fully off the list. June also welcomed the arrival of the NPCCD 2020 Hindsight (Feb '21) project, the Harmony Back (Apr '21) decks, and another project -- The Grand by Riffle Shuffle -- that arrived one month before it's anticipated fulfillment month of July.

With four new projects being added because they were originally anticipated to be fulfilled in July '21, four projects dropping off, and one arriving before it could even be added, the list count remains unchanged at 14:
  • Muertos (January '18) -- No word since Halloween 2018. Oh, Natalia.
  • Avalon (May '18) -- No word since Halloween 2018. No activity at all since early May of 2020. Oh, Natalia.
  • Dance of Death, V1, V2, V3 (October '19) -- Sergey teased us with an update this past April indicating that shipping was imminent, but nothing since then. Oh, Sergey.
  • Stories (March '20) -- In mid-May, David posted an update regarding the status of the various items involved in this project, most of which are still in the "finalizing the artwork" stage. He acknowledges that fulfillment is likely still a ways off, but says that he's working on each facet of the project.
  • ROYALES (Dec '20) -- Lee posted an update two days ago stating that only a few more items remain in transit to GW before fulfillment can commence. He predicts some orders will start to be shipped out this month.
  • No.7 Limited (Jan '21) -- Montenzi posted in the comments section that fulfillment internationally is going well and in the US it should commence most likely this week or next.
  • Blue Jay (May '21) -- Per an update from a few days ago, fulfillment should be starting this week or next.
  • Moresque (May '21) -- Lotrek is currently on vacation. Something, something, new varnish, something, something.
  • Professor Tate's Traveling Road Show (June '21) -- David posted recently that the decks are still in the queue for production at USPCC, while the other items are completed and ready to ship. He anticipates production to wrap up in a few more weeks, and then fulfillment to begin soon thereafter.
  • Tales (June '21) -- Gio recently posted that fulfillment should commence within a week or two.
  • Graphic Cheatsheet 2 - The Palettes (July '21) -- Dagan posted a couple days ago that the proofs have been approved and they're just waiting for USPCC to finalize the contract; look for fulfillment to commence mostly likely a month and a half or so from now.
  • The Heritage Series (July '21) -- Jocu reports that production is mostly going well, except for an error during the manufacturing of the cards, which requires a re-run. The update says to look for fulfillment to begin mid-August, most likely.
  • Photo Editing Cheat Sheet (July '21) -- Production is completed; surveys are completed; look for fulfillment to happen during the month of July.
  • The Tale of the Tempest (July '21) -- Production is humming along, but there are some modest delays on the project at the moment, so look for fulfillment to run slightly behind schedule, as well.
So, that's a total of 14 non-retail playing card-related projects anticipated to be fulfilled at some point up through this month (July '21). As always, being on this list isn't a bad thing. It just means that the project is nearing (or has passed) the originally anticipated fulfillment month, and we're hoping to see that the project creator is still engaging with the backers.

This list remains a tool for us just to keep track of what we've backed and what we're still waiting for. Toward that end: what projects have *you* backed that you are expecting soon or would have expected by now?
This space intentionally left blank.
Timmargh
White Whale: Cartes Indiennes green back

Unread post by Timmargh »

rousselle wrote: Mon Jul 05, 2021 5:01 am […] Something, something, new varnish, something, something. [..]
:lol:
hsbc
Cardist: Yes
White Whale: Grid 1 LE
Decks Owned: 1500

Unread post by hsbc »

I can fill in some missing projects :D

ZDV2 - "Shipping soon" for like a month now, to their credit the creators are answering any "where deck" comments on KS very quickly, as recently as 6 days ago. I'm not worried personally

Shooters Card Co - Waiting on GW to ship I think

Compass - Waiting on GW

Area 51 - "We have some production delays due to the complex design of the AREA 51 weird tuckboxes. We hope that in the near future we will announce the end of production process" 2 days ago

ARW V2 - Waiting on GW and/or Luke to ship from the UK

Generation One - Also waiting on GW apparently

The Origin (3D Genesis) - "The Covid situation in Malaysia is still uncontrollable. Therefore, our government have extended the full lockdown from 14 June until further notice. This lockdown affected us badly from completing the production within the time frame. Therefore, we are regret to inform you that, we need to push the fulfilment window to August-September. FORTUNATELY, we've completed most of the productions, and our assembly team is working around the clock to ensure your order could be shipped out as soon as we received the rest of the production." 3 days ago

Slots - More GW delays

Passport - No update since April, people in the comments are asking for refunds and reporting the project, fun times

London Diffractor / Frozen Metal, The Cube - Last update was April... I'm half expecting these to show up unannounced in 2023 :uggrin: EDIT: Just got a London update a few hours ago :uggrin: Multiple pictures and a video provided, we're waiting on the clear "ice block" display. ETA September
P52DCIGUCr/m/52+J
BaconWise
White Whale: Gold Arabesque
Decks Owned: 225

Unread post by BaconWise »

Hi Folks. Just a couple to add to the list:

- Vengeance of Witches (Dec 2020) - Updated last week that the Blackshade tuck correction has been approved and is in production. This campaign was hit with some major setbacks, including with NPCC. I feel bad for Nicolai and Marianne, but I know they will deliver and the correction looks to be worth the wait.

- Bicycle Cybershock (Dec 2020) - Updated a few weeks ago that USPCC screwed up and packed the wrong decks in the wrong tuck boxes and this was about a week after they had issues with the custom seal. This project has seen a few speed bumps and I hope they can sort things out soon as they are eager to launch a follow-up.
"But why male models?"

Curio Playing Cards

Web: www.curioplayingcards.com
Instagram: @curio_playingcards
Facebook: Curio Playing Cards
rousselle
Site Admin
Site Admin

Welcome to August! For possibly the first time this year, I'm getting this update out on the first of the month!

Let's check in on the Watchdogs list.

July was a good month for excellent playing cards to join the ol' rousselle collection. I received my No.7 Limited (originally anticipated for fulfillment in January '21) as the month drew to a close, shortly after receiving the Blue Jay project (May '21), and Tales (June '21). This was also a great month for Patreon and other subscription decks, which I don't normally track here, but nonetheless made for a really awesome month.

With two new projects being added because they were originally anticipated to be fulfilled in August '21 and three projects dropping off, the list count drops by one to 13:
  • Avalon (May '18) -- No word since Halloween 2018. No activity at all since early May of 2020. Oh, Natalia.
  • Dance of Death, V1, V2, V3 (October '19) -- Sergey teased us with an update this past April indicating that shipping was imminent, but nothing since then. Oh, Sergey.
  • Stories (March '20) -- In mid-May, David posted an update regarding the status of the various items involved in this project, most of which are still in the "finalizing the artwork" stage. He acknowledges that fulfillment is likely still a ways off, but says that he's working on each facet of the project. No word since then, and his website is currently down.
  • ROYALES (Dec '20) -- Lee posted an update a week and a half ago saying that he's waiting for word from GW on when fulfillment can commence. He plans to ship in two batches, with pledges that include gilded decks having to wait for that aspect of production to be finished. I'll be in that second batch.
  • Moresque (May '21) -- Something, something, now he has to wait for the decks to be cut, something, something, something.
  • Professor Tate's Traveling Road Show (June '21) -- David posted in a comment two weeks ago that USPCC is hoping to have the cards done the first week or two of August, and then they can be shipped to the fulfillment center.
  • Graphic Cheatsheet 2 - The Palettes (July '21) -- Dagan posted recently that there was a slight miscommunication with USPCC, but as of mid-July, the decks are in production, so fulfillment shouldn't be too far delayed.
  • The Heritage Series (July '21) -- Surveys were sent out in July and the most recent update says that gilding (the final step in the manufacturing process) was anticipated to begin at the end of the month. The implication is that fulfillment should commence soon thereafter, possibly in late August...?
  • Photo Editing Cheat Sheet (July '21) -- Fulfillment has commenced; many people are reporting receiving their decks, while many others are reporting not receiving their tracking numbers yet. I'm in the latter group, but based upon what I'm seeing, I'm expecting my decks to arrive this coming week.
  • The Tale of the Tempest (July '21) -- A last minute issue with the varnish destroyed the viability of the Dynastinae decks, so those will need to be redone. Currently plan calls for fulfillment to commence in late September.
  • Kinetic Cards (August '21) -- No updates posted yet for this project, despite a note in the comments section about a month ago saying that an update would be forthcoming within the week or so.
  • товарищи Comrade (August '21) -- Surveys went out in the middle of July, and I see in the comments section that someone posted yesterday that they have received their pledges, so fulfillment has presumably begun.
So, that's a total of 13 non-retail playing card-related projects anticipated to be fulfilled at some point up through this month (August '21). As always, being on this list isn't a bad thing. It just means that the project is nearing (or has passed) the originally anticipated fulfillment month, and we're hoping to see that the project creator is still engaging with the backers.

What other projects have *you* backed that you are expecting soon or would have expected by now?
james001a
White Whale: Aurum Laser Cut

Unread post by james001a »

The Constellation Deck by Deckidea has had many delays. Not that I'm worried, and Jason gives many updates regularly. He always delivers, so I am sure it will be done soon.
I haven't slept for ten days, because that would be too long.

-Mitch Hedberg
james001a
White Whale: Aurum Laser Cut

Unread post by james001a »

rousselle wrote: Sun Aug 01, 2021 7:46 pm [*]Dance of Death, V1, V2, V3 (October '19) -- Sergey teased us with an update this past April indicating that shipping was imminent, but nothing since then. Oh, Sergey.
I managed to pick v2 & v3 up on Ebay. Not sure how the seller got them, but does that mean they have been delivered?
I haven't slept for ten days, because that would be too long.

-Mitch Hedberg
brownsl
White Whale: UUSI Le Jeu De Tarot
Decks Owned: 10000

Unread post by brownsl »

james001a wrote: Wed Aug 11, 2021 7:37 am
rousselle wrote: Sun Aug 01, 2021 7:46 pm [*]Dance of Death, V1, V2, V3 (October '19) -- Sergey teased us with an update this past April indicating that shipping was imminent, but nothing since then. Oh, Sergey.
I managed to pick v2 & v3 up on Ebay. Not sure how the seller got them, but does that mean they have been delivered?
I am not sure about the decks you bought but I bought v2 & v3 a long time ago and they were the misprinted decks. The above update is supposed to be for the corrected decks.
rousselle
Site Admin
Site Admin

The Dance of Death decks (the misprinted edition) had been sent out to retailers, but not to project backers. As brownsl notes above, Sergey's update in April appeared to indicate a corrected version of the deck had been prepared and was about to be shipped out to backers, but again, no movement since then. Sergey does appear to continue logging into Kickstarter (unlike Natalia Silva, who last logged in over a year ago), but I'm not sure what to make of that piece of information other than the idea that he is at least still out there somewhere. Natalia, on the other hand, I suspect has either left us altogether or has switched to working under a different name. She's been getting a lot of hate on the comment threads for her abandoned projects, which I imagine can be soul-withering after a while (although, I can think of a couple ways she could have avoided those toxic reactions....)
rousselle
Site Admin
Site Admin

September arrives! Once again, I manage to be on time updating the Watchdog list!

One of the coolest things about August was receiving one of the absolute oldest decks on the Watchdogs list: the Dance of Death, V1, V2, V3 (originally anticipated in October '19), which arrived complete with reprints of the cards that were misprinted in the original run. Sergey finally made good on his word. Thanks, Sergey!

Now, Natalia, it's time for you to make good!

In addition to Dance of Death, I received Professor Tate's Traveling Road Show (June '21) and the Photo Editing Cheat Sheet (July '21). Anatomica also arrived, but it was originally anticipated to be fulfilled in September, so that drops off the list before it can even be added!

With five other new projects that were originally anticipated to be fulfilled in September '21 and with three projects dropping off, the total list count on the Watchdogs list rises gently to 15:
  • Stories (March '20) -- In mid-May, David posted an update regarding the status of the various items involved in this project, most of which are still in the "finalizing the artwork" stage. He acknowledges that fulfillment is likely still a ways off, but says that he's working on each facet of the project. No word since then. His website was down for a while, but is now back up with big discounts and a teaser banner for Stories coming soon to his site, so I suspect he's trying to raise more funds to see this project through to completion....
  • ROYALES (Dec '20) -- Lee posted an update today. The first batch (backers who did not pledge for a gilded deck) has been mostly sent out; some with the "mystery" reward are still awaiting theirs. Those in batch #2: the gilding is estimated to wrap up in a few weeks, with final assembly taking a week or two after that. Backers from the first batch are posting that they've received their decks, and they appear to be very happy.
  • Moresque (May '21) -- Radio silence from Lotrek this past month.
  • Graphic Cheatsheet 2 - The Palettes (July '21) -- Dagan posted a couple weeks ago that USPCC anticipates completing production in mid-September and shipping the decks out to Murphy's for fulfillment after that.
  • The Heritage Series (July '21) -- In an update from early August, Jocu noted that problems with gilding one of the decks is delaying fulfillment for backers who requested gilding (which includes me). Fulfillment for decks that include gilding is likely to be pushed back to the end of this month at the earliest. A few folks have reported in the comments section receiving their decks, and they appear to be happy.
  • The Tale of the Tempest (July '21) -- According to an update at the end of July, a last minute issue with the varnish destroyed the viability of the Dynastinae decks, so those needed to be redone. As of that update, the plan called for fulfillment to commence in late September.
  • Kinetic Cards (August '21) -- As of a couple weeks ago, production on the cards has concluded and now it's on to final deck assembly. Fulfillment expected to begin "in a couple weeks," more or less.
  • товарищи Comrade (August '21) -- As of yesterday, many U.S. backers have received their decks, but many others in the last batch will have ours shipped out in another two to four weeks.
  • Cotta's Almanac #5 (September '21) -- Half of the backers have had their rewards shipped; due to an issue at USPCC, the other half of the print run is delayed, and fulfillment is expected to complete in about a month.
  • Dominion Exquisite (September '21) plus Dominion Gold (September '21) -- Fulfillment is currently underway. Many folks are reporting having already received theirs, and they appear to be quite happy. A couple folks have reported receiving dinged decks, and Jody is taking care of those. (I'll note that I had an issue with an earlier project of his and Jody's team was classy about getting it all squared away very quickly.)
  • Paisley Poker (September '21) -- The team reported in mid-August that Cartamundi anticipates completion of production on September 17th and then the cards will be shipped to GW for fulfillment.
  • Alpha & Omega (September '21) -- As of August 19th, Ben says that fulfillment will begin "imminently." Of course, maybe he meant "eminently," because the Pope....
  • Anubis & Osiris Shadow Luxury (September '21) -- Steve posted yesterday: "The cards are done printing and are being packed into their tuck cases by Cartamundi. They've given me the completion date to be in middle to late September." After that, the decks will be shipped to the fulfillers. He anticipates fulfillment will likely commence in October.
So, that's a total of 15 non-retail playing card-related projects anticipated to be fulfilled at some point up through this month (September '21). Remember, being on this list isn't a bad thing. It just means that the project is nearing (or has passed) the originally anticipated fulfillment month, and we're hoping to see that the project creator is still engaging with the backers.

What other projects have *you* backed that you are expecting soon or would have expected by now?
rousselle
Site Admin
Site Admin

October.

And, the watchdogs are on the prowl.

September saw a quite a few cool decks arrive, including subscription decks, Etsy decks, and even a few Kickstarter projects.

The Kinetic Cards (originally anticipated in August '21) arrived with very little communication from the project creators, but nonetheless, the decks were very close to their estimated fulfillment projection, while Cotta's Almanac #5 (September '21), and the Dominion Exquisite and Dominion Gold (September '21) projects fulfilled exactly on time.

So, three projects drop off the list while four new projects that are anticipated for October fulfillment are added to the list, bringing the total count on the Watchdogs list up to 16:
  • Stories (March '20) -- In mid-May, David posted an update regarding the status of the various items involved in this project, most of which are still in the "finalizing the artwork" stage. He acknowledges that fulfillment is likely still a ways off, but says that he's working on each facet of the project. No word since then.
  • ROYALES (Dec '20) -- Lee posted an update yesterday. The second batch for fulfillment (which includes backers like me who opted for gilded decks) shouldn't be waiting too much longer. Gilding is done, final assembly is expected to complete this week, and the prepping for shipping should happen soon thereafter. Lee notes that nothing ships until all 1,000 packages are prepped, so it may be a little bit yet before the decks arrive at USPS for distribution.
  • Moresque (May '21) -- Lotrek has sent out messages indicating... soonish, maybe?
  • Graphic Cheatsheet 2 - The Palettes (July '21) -- I've received my tracking number for this, so it's on its way!
  • The Heritage Series (July '21) -- Jocu posted an update on September 20th that those who backed for gilded decks (which includes me) will have to wait a little bit longer as production is wrapped up.
  • The Tale of the Tempest (July '21) -- Lotrek posted an update just a couple days ago, with a photo and a video of Dynastinae getting ever so much closer to completion. Sounds like fulfillment may not be too far away at this point.
  • товарищи Comrade (August '21) -- Thus far, many U.S. backers have received their decks, but many others in the last batch are still waiting.
  • Paisley Poker (September '21) -- At the end of September, the team revealed that Cartamuni's quality inspection of one of the decks revealed that it was poorly cut and needs to be re-run. No word yet as to the new revised estimated completion date.
  • Alpha & Omega (September '21) -- At the end of September, Ben posted that US orders should start to ship out in about a week.
  • Anubis & Osiris Shadow Luxury (September '21) -- Steve posted a few days ago that the decks are on the slow boat to Texas, and are likely to arrive in Houston at the end of October. So, a little bit longer yet, but they are on their way.
  • Standard Playing Card Tarot (October '21) -- As of mid-September, proofs were received and approved, and production okayed to begin. Fulfillment estimated to take place in October, but might be delayed 'til November.
  • Galaxia (October '21) -- Gio, as always, has been in constant contact with backers. There were a couple production issues that came up a little while ago, and Gio's most recent estimate is that fulfillment is likely to happen "late 2021 / early 2022."
  • The Conjuring (October '21) -- As of last week, Kirk reports "we are super close to shipping."
  • Transparent (October '21) -- This project isn't even done funding and is anticipating fulfillment this month. I would guess that means MPC has already produced the decks, and they're just waiting for the funds and the backers' info to ship them out.
So, that's a total of 16 non-retail playing card-related projects anticipated to be fulfilled at some point up through this month (October '21). Remember, being on this list isn't a bad thing. It just means that the project is nearing (or has passed) the originally anticipated fulfillment month, and we're hoping to see that the project creator is still engaging with the backers.

bdawg923
White Whale: bdawg x 923

Unread post by bdawg923 »

Origin Genesis have gone silent. 12 days ago they said they'd have a production update and nothing since then. They haven't done an update in about a month.

Frostbite & Rebirth decks should have reached GW by now (4-5 days according to update on 9/24) for US fulfilment but he still has to slot in his fulfilment time so not sure when these will be sent out.
This comment has been mod-approved since you are able to see it.
Strag

Unread post by Strag »

There is also El Reino de las Muertos. They delivered most of the standard decks to non-US backers but none of the premiums to anyone and not many US backers have since received. Last update was in August, doesn't respond to comments or DMs.

Was supposed to be delivered in July 2020.
rousselle
Site Admin
Site Admin

Welcome to November, Population: You.

October witnessed one of the older projects on this list fall off, which was awesome, as well as a few recent ones.

The oldest project to drop off the list is Lee MacKensie's ROYALES, which were originally anticipated for a December 2020 delivery. I also received the Graphic Cheatsheet 2 playing cards (July '21), товарищи Comrade (August '21), and Alpha & Omega (September '21).

The Legal Tender Jigsaw Puzzle & Decks were anticipated for November fulfillment and they arrived just as October was running out, so they just barely didn't even make it onto the list. A few weeks prior, also anticipated for November fulfillment, Randy Butterfield's Cardinals project arrived, so that makes *two* projects that bypass the list entirely this month.

So, four projects drop off the list while three new projects that are anticipated for November fulfillment are added to the list, with two other projects arriving before they could even be added to the list, so the total count on the Watchdogs list falls gently down to 15:
  • Stories (March '20) -- In mid-May, David posted an update regarding the status of the various items involved in this project. No word since then.
  • Moresque (May '21) -- The most recent message from Lotrek on this project was on October 29th saying that everything was ready to mail out, but he wanted to know if anyone needed to update their addresses.
  • The Heritage Series (July '21) -- As of mid-October, gilding on three out of the four decks is done, but the fourth is still in process.
  • The Tale of the Tempest (July '21) -- Five days ago, The Gentleman Wake posted a comment saying that word from Lotrek says decks should be heading out to fulfillment centers "soon."
  • Paisley Poker (September '21) -- As of a few weeks ago, the latest word remains "Cartamundi still has to reprint the decks."
  • Anubis & Osiris Shadow Luxury (September '21) -- Steve posted about a month ago that the decks are on the slow boat to Texas, and are likely to arrive in Houston at the end of October. So, a little bit longer yet, but they are on their way. In a comment posted six hours ago, he said, "Decks still on boats. Still waiting for them to dock and unload."
  • Standard Playing Card Tarot (October '21) -- Toward the end of October, they posted that fulfillment was likely for first half of November. Decks are in house and being prepared for shipment.
  • Galaxia (October '21) -- as of about a week ago, Gio reports that he is optimistic that fulfillment can begin this month (November.)
  • The Conjuring (October '21) -- Kirk reports that shipping has been going well. The USPS reports that my decks should arrive in about twelve hours. :)
  • Transparent (October '21) -- At last word, Alex still anticipates fulfillment to happen this month (November).
  • Jetsetters Lounge Edition in Hangar Orange (November '21) -- A recent update indicates that EPCC expects production to be completed around mid-November, and then decks will be shipped to Paul for fulfillment. So, look for a slight delay.
  • The Eye of the Ocean (November '21) -- Lorenzo recently posted that there are a few delays in manufacturing and fulfillment will likely not be able to commence this month as planned, but he's working on trying to expedite things as best he can.
  • Diversity Tarot 2 (November '21) -- Yeah, it's just a tarot deck, but I'm including it anyway. There's been no communication from the project creator in the past couple months at all, but fulfillment wasn't originally anticipated to start until this month, so we'll see....
So, that's a total of 15 non-retail playing card-related projects anticipated to be fulfilled at some point up through this month (November '21). Remember, being on this list isn't a bad thing. It just means that the project is nearing (or has passed) the originally anticipated fulfillment month, and we're hoping to see that the project creator is still engaging with the backers.

That said, I am sadly coming to the conclusion that Natalia may have left the playing card design world entirely, and I may end up writing off her campaign if there are no sightings of her anytime soon.

Strag

Unread post by Strag »

All of Natalia socials and web sites are gone. Safe to say she absconded with the money.
brownsl

Unread post by brownsl »

As always, thank you for the update.
BaconWise

Just a couple I would add:

- Warrior Women Volume II (Sep 2021) - Update earlier this week that standard deck backers will be getting their rewards shipped this week. They are still waiting on gilded versions which will be a few more weeks.
- War in Heaven (Oct 2021) - Last update in late-September has fulfillment scheduled for this month for all backers
"But why male models?"

Curio Playing Cards

bdawg923

Frostbite and rebirth 52 (Sept 2021) - should start fulfillment soon. David said he went full Karen on GW 😂. Good on him, they're super slow.

Origin 3D Genesis (June 2021) - said they're assembling some stuff and started fulfillment on collector, romance, very limited deluxe editions and Olympians. Regular (?) Deluxe edition isn't assembled yet. I'm kinda confused about it but ye
Strag

Unread post by Strag »

Strag wrote: Thu Oct 07, 2021 3:11 am There is also El Reino de las Muertos. They delivered most of the standard decks to non-US backers but none of the premiums to anyone and not many US backers have since received. Last update was in August, doesn't respond to comments or DMs.

And still no further updates on this one and not responding to any messages
brownsl

Unread post by brownsl »

Strag wrote: Fri Nov 05, 2021 3:57 am
Strag wrote: Thu Oct 07, 2021 3:11 am There is also El Reino de las Muertos. They delivered most of the standard decks to non-US backers but none of the premiums to anyone and not many US backers have since received. Last update was in August, doesn't respond to comments or DMs.

And still no further updates on this one and not responding to any messages
I was one of the fortunate US backers to receive their standard decks.
rousselle
Site Admin
Site Admin

Hola, my Decembrists!

November was fortunately a month where the mailbox at Casa Rousselle was not always bereft of playing cards. Moresque (originally anticipated... well, it's Lotrek, but sometime around May of '21) arrived in fine style, as did Standard Playing Card Tarot (October '21), Galaxia (October '21), and The Conjuring (October '21).

So, four projects drop off the list, but five new projects that are anticipated for December fulfillment are added to the list, so the total count on the Watchdogs list climbs by one to 16:
  • Stories (March '20) -- In mid-May, David posted an update regarding the status of the various items involved in this project. No word since then.
  • The Heritage Series (July '21) -- Anthony just posted earlier today (Dec 3rd) that the gilding for the fourth deck has been figured out, and now it's just a question of wrapping it up and sending those decks out for final assembly.
  • The Tale of the Tempest (July '21) -- As of November 10th, Omar says that Lotrek has wrapped up production on the super special decks, and fulfillment should start soonishly.
  • Paisley Poker (September '21) -- Recent updates indicate that production continues apace and is nearing completion...
  • Anubis & Osiris Shadow Luxury (September '21) -- Steve posted a week or two ago that the decks have arrived Stateside, and that now he's awaiting word from the fulfillment house on when they'll be able to start mailing to backers.
  • Transparent (October '21) -- In an update on November 8th, Alex said that production was in full swing and fulfillment should commence before the end of the month (November).
  • Jetsetters Lounge Edition in Hangar Orange (November '21) -- As of mid-November, Paul posted that production was nearing completion, after which the decks would be loaded on the slow boat to the US from China, and from there, fulfillment.
  • The Eye of the Ocean (November '21) -- As of a week or two ago, gilding was nearing completion on the decks while final book production was paused, pending review of a physical proof. Getting closer, but while Lorenzo is bummed to be running a little late, he's glad to be missing the tumult that usually happens with shipping at this time of year.
  • Diversity Tarot 2 (November '21) -- Joe posted an update with photos of gilded decks, noting that production is complete but now they are on the slow boat to the US, and fulfillment will likely not make it in time for the holidays.
  • SAGA (December '21) -- A recent update notified backers that because of supply chain issues, production is being delayed, and shipment/fulfillment would likely take longer, too. Backers were cautioned not to expect fulfillment in time for Christmas.
  • ONE (December '21) -- Gaoshua posted just a couple days ago that production of the cards is underway, but there's a registration error with the printing/embossing of the tuck. Currently expecting fulfillment to commence in February or March.
  • CHAO – Han Purple (December '21) -- Alex posted a couple weeks ago that they are looking forward to commencing fulfillment in either December or early January.
  • Nerds Vs. Jocks (December '21) -- No updates since it funded last month, but this is Randy and Mike we're talking about, and their reputation is bulletproof for on-time fulfillment.
  • Yukon Cornelius and the Misfits Flip-book Animation (December '21) -- As of a few days ago, Stephen posted that the decks are produced and in-hand, and fulfillment will commence any day now.
So, that's a total of 16 non-retail playing card-related projects anticipated to be fulfilled at some point up through this month (December '21). Remember, being on this list isn't a bad thing. It just means that the project is nearing (or has passed) the originally anticipated fulfillment month, and we're keeping an eye on how things are going.

I'll be removing Natalia's projects from the list starting next month, unless and until we see evidence that she is re-entering the playing card arena.

rousselle
Site Admin
Site Admin

Happy New Year!

As I mentioned last month, I'm dropping the two projects by Natalia Silva off the list because she appears to have abandoned the playing card design thing entirely. If there's any indication that she's back to work, I'll bring these projects back to this list and resume... watching. Other projects drop off the list permanently because they arrived! Paisley Poker (originally anticipated to be fulfilled September '21) made it into my collection during the month of December, as did Transparent (October '21), Nerds Vs. Jocks (December '21), and Yukon Cornelius and the Misfits Flip-book Animation (December '21). Cotta's Almanac VI arrived in December even before it could be added to the list with the other decks originally slated for fulfillment in January!

That's six off the list, plus one that never got to be added, while three decks get added to the list because they were originally expected in the first month 2022, so the list shrinks down by a total of three to 13.
  • The Heritage Series (July '21) -- Anthony and Ale just posted that gilding on the last deck has been completed, assembly is underway, and fulfillment should commence this month.
  • The Tale of the Tempest (July '21) -- As of December 22nd, fulfillment for North American backers should be "imminent."
  • Anubis & Osiris Shadow Luxury (September '21) -- Steve posted in mid-December that fulfillment would likely commence in January.
  • Jetsetters Lounge Edition in Hangar Orange (November '21) -- Paul reports that the finished decks are en route to his fulfillment center, and the fulfillment will likely not commence until mid- to late-January.
  • The Eye of the Ocean (November '21) -- Production is nearing completion, and assembly is set to start soon after that. Fulfillment might commence in January.
  • Diversity Tarot 2 (November '21) -- Joe posted an update in early November with photos of gilded decks, noting that production is complete but now they are on the slow boat to the US, and fulfillment will likely not make it in time for the holidays. No word since then.
  • SAGA (December '21) -- A late-November update notified backers that because of supply chain issues, production is being delayed, and shipment/fulfillment would likely take longer, too. Backers were cautioned not to expect fulfillment in time for Christmas. In the comments section, they very recently told backers they expect to have good news to announce soon after the new year commences.
  • ONE (December '21) -- Gaoshua posted a month ago that production of the cards is underway, but there's a registration error with the printing/embossing of the tuck. Currently expecting fulfillment to commence in February or March.
  • CHAO – Han Purple (December '21) -- Alex posted late-November that they are looking forward to commencing fulfillment in either December or early January.
  • Rattler Gorge (January '22) -- As posted in an update a couple days ago, one of the decks is being reprinted after failing Cartamundi's quality check. Manufacturing is now expected for completion in February; they hope to start fulfillment in March.
  • (New) Pagan (January '22) -- In a December update, Uusi let us know that production on the circular deck was anticipated to wrap up near the end of December and then be loaded onto the slow boat to the US. fulfillment of this and the poker deck may be ready to begin in the March time frame, plus or minus.
  • Kraken (January '22) -- I've received my tracking number; just waiting for the package to enter the US from China.
So, that's a total of 13 non-retail playing card-related projects anticipated to be fulfilled at some point up through this month (January '22). Remember, being on this list isn't a bad thing. It just means that the project is nearing (or has passed) the originally anticipated fulfillment month, and we're keeping an eye on how things are going.

Strag

Unread post by Strag »

Moroccan playing cards deck by CardsbyAmani has said now that he plans to refund backers from Jan-Apr '22, we shall see if it happens. Very low funding goal from a first time creator should have been a better warning sign to me.

rousselle
Site Admin
Site Admin

Welcome to the February!

Well, the best news of the new year with regard to the Watchdogs list is that the second oldest project on my list, The Heritage Series (originally anticipated in July '21) arrived just as January closed it's sleepy eyes. Woo-hoo! Oh, and Kraken arrived right on time (January '22). Another deck arrived *earlier* than anticipated, right here from the Seattle area, Lil' Reaper Oracle and Playing Card Art Deck (February '22). And, I have several more with tracking numbers, so it's looking like February could possibly be a record-breaking month for me in terms of projects received. Here's to hoping!

So, with two falling off the list, plus one that never got to be added, and no other projects that originally had February as the anticipated month of fulfillment, the list shrinks down by a total of two to 11.
  • Stories (March '20) -- In mid-May of 2021, David posted an update regarding the status of the various items involved in this project. No word since then. However, I'll note that Vandacards.com is still up and running, and "Stories Pre-order" is still listed, so I'll hold onto the idea that he's still trying to raise funds to finish up this project.
  • The Tale of the Tempest (July '21) -- It appears I'm one of the last batch of big backers awaiting some of the decks that errantly made their way to Europe instead of to GW so they could be shipped out to me. I have a tracking number from mid-January, but it doesn't track anything yet. Am cautiously optimistic that I'll have these decks in my hands by the end of this month. In a post in the comments section this morning, His Gentlemanliness says that this batch has been packed up and shipped out according to GW (who, in my experience, still take a few days to get items to their shipping partner), so arrivals should be soon. However, some of the Wylentis are stuck at customs, so those will be shipped to backers separately once available (although they will try to get *one* into each package to tide us over.)
  • Anubis & Osiris Shadow Luxury (September '21) -- Steve posted at the beginning of last week that the fulfillers anticipated fulfillment to commence by the end of that week. Sooo, I'm guessing these will be shipped out this month, as well.
  • Jetsetters Lounge Edition in Hangar Orange (November '21) -- Paul reported a couple weeks ago that the decks have arrived at port in the US, now they just need to get off the ship, clear customs, and make it to the fulfillment center (which he estimated could take more than 2-3 weeks, which could conceivably get us to mid-February or thereabouts). From there, he expected a relatively quick turn-around. So, this is the third project on the list with fingers crossed for February delivery.
  • The Eye of the Ocean (November '21) -- Production is complete, but now shipping is a bear. Anticipated that decks will arrive at fulfillment center in March or thereabouts..
  • Diversity Tarot 2 (November '21) -- Joe posted an update last week saying decks had arrived and he anticipated fulfillment to begin this week. So, here's a fourth project that may be on track for a February arrival.
  • SAGA (December '21) -- I have a tracking number! It's on the move! (A fifth possible February arrival!)
  • ONE (December '21) -- Gaoshua posted at the beginning of January a timeline that indicates fulfillment is likely in March, possibly April.
  • CHAO – Han Purple (December '21) -- I have a tracking number! It's on the move! (A sixth possible February arrival!)
  • Rattler Gorge (January '22) -- As posted in an update a week ago, there was another (very mild) production mix-up, which is setting them back a wee bit. They are anticipating decks will still be shipped out to the fulfillment centers in February, so from there we may still be looking at March or April to be on their way to backers.
  • (New) Pagan (January '22) -- In an update a week and a half ago, the moving pieces of the project continue to move toward completion, and fulfillment in March doesn't seem out of reach.
So, that's a total of 11 non-retail playing card-related projects anticipated to be fulfilled at some point up through this month (February '22). It's not entirely unrealistic to think that possibly up to six of these projects will be removed from the list this time next month. Remember, being on this list isn't a bad thing. It just means that the project is nearing (or has passed) the originally anticipated fulfillment month, and we're keeping an eye on how things are going.

BaconWise

Great list, as ever! I had a few to add:

- Horsemen Playing Cards (Nov 2021) - Tucks and add-ons are done. This was hit with a big delay in October by Cartamundi as they had run out of the paper stock he was using. They pushed his printing out to December/January. He also had some tragedy happen at the end of the year and is back on track. There was a minor error being corrected as of mid-January, so I imagine fulfillment will begin in March.
- Four Clans (Sep 2021) - Last update was two weeks ago. The only delay is the tuck printer for the last batch of tucks, then assembly and fulfillment can begin.
- Shadows of London (Nov 2021) - Last update was early January. There has been a customs bottleneck and she is anticipating a late-March fulfillment.
- Shadows and Dust (Nov 2021) - Last update was in mid-November. At that point the tucks and special cases were all complete and they were waiting on cards to be printed.
"But why male models?"

Curio Playing Cards

rousselle
Site Admin
Site Admin

Welcome to March, the month when many of us will be turning our clocks to a new hour and losing sleep over it.

February was a kind month to the mailbox at casa rousselle. I received *most* of the Tale of the Tempest project (originally anticipated July of '21; just awaiting my final Wylentis so that I can drop this from my list of eagerly anticipated and add it to my list of happily fulfilled). Anubis & Osiris Shadow Luxury (September '21) arrived, as did Diversity Tarot 2 (November '21), SAGA (December '21), and CHAO – Han Purple (December '21). That's four projects dropping off the list, and another that is *almost* off the list. Nice.

So, with four falling off the list and two new projects that originally had March as the anticipated month of fulfillment, the list shrinks down by a total of two to 9.
  • Stories (March '20) -- In mid-May of 2021, David posted an update regarding the status of the various items involved in this project. No word since then.
  • The Tale of the Tempest (July '21) -- As mentioned above, I've received almost all of my rewards; I'm just waiting for the remaining Wylentis decks. :-)
  • Jetsetters Lounge Edition in Hangar Orange (November '21) -- Paul very recently posted: "Fulfillment is scheduled to begin the first or second week of March with the First Class and Priority tiered rewards. Once those tiered rewards depart, the Standard tiered reward will begin to depart two weeks later."
  • The Eye of the Ocean (November '21) -- Production is complete; items are being shipped to fulfillment centers, but war and slow boats are complicating the shipping picture. Lorenzo continues to send updates to backers while we wait.
  • ONE (December '21) -- Gaoshua posted earlier today that fulfillment begins this month.
  • Rattler Gorge (January '22) -- According to a recent update, they recently discovered a problem with the tuck boxes, so those are getting reprinted and then everything will have to be reassembled before fulfillment can begin.
  • Round and New Pagan (January '22) -- In a recent-ish update: "it looks like the shipping date to our Backers will be either the first or second week of March."
  • PS52 Odd Fellows (March '22) -- As of this past Monday, "P52 Odd Fellows estimated delivery will shift to April if the decks are ready next week. We will keep you posted. "
  • Poison (March '22) -- Gio, earlier today: "I am almost sure that shipping will start in March."
So, that's a total of 9 non-retail playing card-related projects anticipated to be fulfilled at some point up through this month (March '22). It's not entirely unrealistic to think that possibly up to five of these projects will be removed from the list this time next month. Remember, being on this list isn't a bad thing. It just means that the project is nearing (or has passed) the originally anticipated fulfillment month, and we're keeping an eye on how things are going.

bdawg923

Ink Beast - decks are shipping (I received mine and they're awesome!)

Horsemen - Tony is once again MIA it seems. No update since Jan 13 and not replying to comments. Hopefully he's alright

The Origin (3D GENESIS) - one of the worst run campaigns. Creator posted last update 4 months ago saying there would be an update soon. Backers constantly beg for updates. They used to reply to comments and DM's but have stopped for about a month now. They posted a comment 2 days ago saying an update is coming soon.
Timmargh
White Whale: Cartes Indiennes green back

Unread post by Timmargh »

bdawg923 wrote: Fri Mar 04, 2022 7:54 am [...]

Horsemen - Tony is once again MIA it seems. No update since Jan 13 and not replying to comments. Hopefully he's alright

[...]
He's okay. We spoke (messaged) yesterday and he has some photos of one of the tuck boxes to share with backers soon; they look gooood.