Hi there :)

Where are you from and what are your interests?
DeepCard

Unread post by DeepCard »

I am a card collector from Taiwan.
Collecting cards since about 5-6 years ago.
about 200 decks in my collection now.
kind of suck that many website don't ship to Taiwan~
hsbc
Cardist: Yes
Collector: Yes
Player: Yes
White Whale: Grid 1 LE
Decks Owned: 1500

Re: Hi there :)

Unread post by hsbc »

Welcome to UC and thanks for posting! What decks are your favorites?
P52DCIGUCr/m/52+J
Harvonsgard
White Whale: Your Mami
Decks Owned: 420

Unread post by Harvonsgard »

Welcome to UC.
You want to reclaim your mind and get it out of the hands of the cultural engineers who want to turn you into a half-baked moron consuming all this trash that’s being manufactured out of the bones of a dying world.

avatar credit: 𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔄𝔰𝔱𝔯𝔬𝔪𝔞𝔫𝔠𝔢𝔯 by Gands the Scholar @g_a_n_d_s_

rousselle wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 4:52 pmI very much want this in my collection, but at long last... I have to stop the insanity.
Timmargh
White Whale: Cartes Indiennes green back

Unread post by Timmargh »

Hi there, and welcome.

It must be really frustrating for you. It's nowhere near the same level of annoyance, but I'm starting to see an increasing number of Kickstarters not shipping to the UK.
GandalfPC
Magician: Yes
White Whale: Ambergris
Decks Owned: 1700

Unread post by GandalfPC »

Welcome aboard.

There are shipping services that consolidate everywhere - which I use often for Japan and occasionally China and Korea to get things to the US
Hunting Karl Gerich and Elaine Lewis

My collection and tradelist: http://gandalfpc.great-site.net
DeepCard

hsbc wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2024 1:06 am Welcome to UC and thanks for posting! What decks are your favorites?
Wow, I absolutely love that question!

Dan & Dave has always held a special place in my heart. I actually have more than one brick of HMNIM playing cards and Fulton's Clip Joint – they're just incredible.

Do you know what else I'm head over heels for? The Smoke and Mirrors playing cards series, especially up until v6. The level of craftsmanship and attention to detail in those decks is truly mind-blowing. But a big NO for V8 & V9.

Lately, I've been exploring some new and upcoming deck creators. I think it's high time for a change and to seek out fresh experiences. Sadly, the current decks from Bicycle, Daniel Schneider, Ellusionist, and Fontaine just don't do it for me anymore. It frustrates me how they change the deck colors for no apparent reason and then sell them again.

Ironically, I'm not even a fan of the IRON MAN or SPIDER-MAN tuck boxes you find in Cardmafia decks. They're way too big and feel more like toys than actual playing cards. And let's be honest, their card designs seem like mere copy and paste jobs from a picture guide.

On a brighter note, I'm absolutely smitten with decks from Stockholm17, Charmie Dreams The Cat, Room One, and some of the KWP offerings. And let's not forget Theory11 – they have a special place in my heart, although I do find some of their intellectual property-based products a bit too similar.

How about you?
DeepCard

Timmargh wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2024 5:10 pm Hi there, and welcome.

It must be really frustrating for you. It's nowhere near the same level of annoyance, but I'm starting to see an increasing number of Kickstarters not shipping to the UK.
Yes, I used to buy from some local magic shop. But most of them would prefer more made-in-Taiwan decks due to the shipping cost. So there'll be a lot of Hanson Chien, EPCC & TWPCC