Kisetsushi by X-Decks (ill. Max Jung)

Find out about the latest and greatest playing cards hitting the market.
kevork
Collector: Yes
White Whale: NPCCD 17 Amethyst + Prototypes
Decks Owned: 1000

Kisetsushi by X-Decks (ill. Max Jung)

Unread post by kevork »

Upcoming KS
Screenshot_20240302_033231_Samsung Internet.jpg
Image@playingcardophile
Invisible ink. Who woulda thunk it?
[BUY] Complete Lotrek Collection
[BUY] NPCCD Decks
Harvonsgard
Cardist: Yes
Player: Yes
White Whale: Your Mami
Decks Owned: 420

Re: Kitsesushi by X-decks

Unread post by Harvonsgard »

I doubt that tuck and court design will be strong enough to make me give that back design a pass.
You want to reclaim your mind and get it out of the hands of the cultural engineers who want to turn you into a half-baked moron consuming all this trash that’s being manufactured out of the bones of a dying world.

avatar credit: 𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔄𝔰𝔱𝔯𝔬𝔪𝔞𝔫𝔠𝔢𝔯 by Gands the Scholar @g_a_n_d_s_

rousselle wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 4:52 pmI very much want this in my collection, but at long last... I have to stop the insanity.
hsbc
White Whale: Grid 1 LE
Decks Owned: 1500

Re: Kitsesushi by X-decks

Unread post by hsbc »

[Kickstarter]
I'm not sure whether the name is meant to be "kisetsushi" or "kitsesushi"...

And this image has one spelling on the tuck and the other written out :lol:
P52DCIGUCr/m/52+J
DeepCard

Re: Kisetsushi by X-Decks (ill. Max Jung)

Unread post by DeepCard »

Too many food decks in the market.
I think I am FULL
hsbc
White Whale: Grid 1 LE
Decks Owned: 1500

Unread post by hsbc »

Now live!
P52DCIGUCr/m/52+J
CallOn84

Unread post by CallOn84 »

Hmm... I don't know how I feel about this deck. It's halfway between feeling generic or boring and looking like an okay novelty.

Like, comparing this to anything BAOBAO RESTAURANT has created, it's subpar at best.
Inspired by the stories, art, and world around us.

We're days away from releasing our Kickstarter campaign for the Tragoedia Macbethi Playing Cards! To be notified of its release, head over to https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/ar ... ying-cards and click the "Notify me on launch" button.

Sign up for our newsletter for updates to receive behind-the-scenes peeks, updates, giveaways, and upcoming Kickstarter campaigns: https://mailchi.mp/64614e54639d/artisanaldeckco
mtsedwards72
Decks Owned: 58

Unread post by mtsedwards72 »

CallOn84 wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 6:32 pm Hmm... I don't know how I feel about this deck. It's halfway between feeling generic or boring and looking like an okay novelty.

Like, comparing this to anything BAOBAO RESTAURANT has created, it's subpar at best.
Came here to see if anyone felt the same way I did and voilà! Indeed! As someone who went hog wild and scooped up A TON of OPC decks in one fell swoop, then turned around to do the same for the BaoBao decks, I must say I may be full of food decks, but I think I'll just continue to complete my BaoBao collection with their sushi deck instead; I like the custom courts of that one better.
I'm not as interesting as I think I am.
kevork

Unread post by kevork »

This campaign was 2 years in the making and then launched the same week as Bao Bao's sushi deck. Not sure how either campaign could've avoided this issue, but I'm sure it'll have an effect on both.
Image@playingcardophile
[BUY] NPCCD Decks
CallOn84

kevork wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2024 2:19 pm This campaign was 2 years in the making and then launched the same week as Bao Bao's sushi deck. Not sure how either campaign could've avoided this issue, but I'm sure it'll have an effect on both.
BAOBAO's sushi deck doesn't look like it's going to launch for a bit, so X-Deck is fine. However, I do feel like X-Decks sushi deck looks a bit generic, with one of the problems being that the back design looks like they just copypasted vectors in the back design.

Of course, the problem stems from sushi itself, as you can really make a design based on sushi packaging look good, but idk

We're days away from releasing our Kickstarter campaign for the Tragoedia Macbethi Playing Cards! To be notified of its release, head over to https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/ar ... ying-cards and click the "Notify me on launch" button.

Sign up for our newsletter for updates to receive behind-the-scenes peeks, updates, giveaways, and upcoming Kickstarter campaigns: https://mailchi.mp/64614e54639d/artisanaldeckco
kevork

Unread post by kevork »

CallOn84 wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2024 3:12 pm
kevork wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2024 2:19 pm This campaign was 2 years in the making and then launched the same week as Bao Bao's sushi deck. Not sure how either campaign could've avoided this issue, but I'm sure it'll have an effect on both.
BAOBAO's sushi deck doesn't look like it's going to launch for a bit, so X-Deck is fine. However, I do feel like X-Decks sushi deck looks a bit generic, with one of the problems being that the back design looks like they just copypasted vectors in the back design.

Of course, the problem stems from sushi itself, as you can really make a design based on sushi packaging look good, but idk
I thought I had mistaken, but BAOBAO's is launching tomorrow, so they are launching within the same week of each other. I do agree with your take on the X-decks deck seeming a bit generic.
Image@playingcardophile
[BUY] NPCCD Decks
CallOn84

kevork wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2024 5:43 pm
CallOn84 wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2024 3:12 pm

I thought I had mistaken, but BAOBAO's is launching tomorrow, so they are launching within the same week of each other. I do agree with your take on the X-decks deck seeming a bit generic.
Didn't know they were launching that soon

X-Decks Rare Cards

Kisetsushi Playing Cards🍣

Unread post by X-Decks Rare Cards »

Hi All 😁 Sky here 👋

It's been a while since our last deck, and we are very excited to announce that our Kisetsushi Playing Cards are in full swing!

This deck has been in development for over 2 years, and community feedback has been instrumental to the design🤝 The design was done by Max Jung and Nate Lex (of OPC)

Full of delectable delights, this deck is sure to please both your inner collector and sushi lover!
The Clubs and Spades depict skillful kitchen staff preparing and serving delectable dishes. Hearts and Diamonds capture satisfied customers relishing their meals. And the cherry on top? The box itself is designed to look and feel like a proper bento box, with a clear plastic window on top, and the sushi visible within!

We have an affordable standard version, some really cool special editions, and some very functional add-ons as well.

One of the things I'm personally most proud of is the special "Bento Edition" tuck box. I worked with WJPC to create an entirely new die for a tuck box, just for this run of 52 decks. This tuck will open from the front, to reveal green gilded cards within! I'm sick of collector decks just being a limited gilding or colorway, so I wanted to do something truly unique for the most limited edition. I think the bento tuck, with its new shape and alternate print-scheme, accomplishes just that!

Head on over and check out the campaign!
Thank you so much for your support!

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/x- ... ying-cards
Attachments
MAY 1ST_20240502_151723_0000.png
MAY 1ST_20240429_201641_0000.png
1 new tucks in render scene 2.png
re rendered tuck 2-1.png
clubs re renders 2-1.png
3 aces 4 card shot-1.png
re rendered banner 1-1.png