Eye of the Ocean | Part 2 - Stockholm17

Find out about the latest and greatest playing cards hitting the market.
GandalfPC
Cardist: Yes
Collector: Yes
Player: Yes
Magician: Yes
White Whale: Ambergris
Decks Owned: 1700

Re: Eye of the Ocean | Part 2 - Stockholm17

Unread post by GandalfPC »

It’s not the only showing, but this showing is a limited edition that has a special mark in the lower corner of the screen.
Hunting Karl Gerich and Elaine Lewis

My collection and tradelist: http://gandalfpc.great-site.net
Disenchanted_11

Unread post by Disenchanted_11 »

Does it have gilding? :lol:
Timmargh
White Whale: Cartes Indiennes green back

Unread post by Timmargh »

No, but the seats are numbered.
GandalfPC
White Whale: Ambergris
Decks Owned: 1700

Unread post by GandalfPC »

And they did a color swap on the lobby card

IMG_0187.jpeg
Hunting Karl Gerich and Elaine Lewis

My collection and tradelist: http://gandalfpc.great-site.net
STLBluesNut

Unread post by STLBluesNut »

for some extra excitement, during and after the show, add on the special edition popcorn bucket.
popcorn.png
popcorn.png (122.5 KiB) Viewed 1009 times
TheGentlemanWake
✔ VERIFIED Designer
✔ VERIFIED Designer
Decks Owned: 1000

Unread post by TheGentlemanWake »

Reminder, that Lorenzo will be joining Chris Moyer, Chris Hage and myself on Deal Me In podcast on thegentlemanwake yt channel at 6pm eastern tonight.

https://youtube.com/live/fuR3Ajk6c1M?feature=share
For the best in playing cards related content:

https://www.wake.video/youtube
kevork
White Whale: NPCCD 17 Amethyst + Prototypes
Decks Owned: 1000

Unread post by kevork »

TheGentlemanWake wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2024 10:22 am Reminder, that Lorenzo will be joining Chris Moyer, Chris Hage and myself on Deal Me In podcast on thegentlemanwake yt channel at 6pm eastern tonight.

Will we be able to watch it retroactively? I'll be at work at that time.
Image@playingcardophile
Invisible ink. Who woulda thunk it?
[BUY] Complete Lotrek Collection
[BUY] NPCCD Decks
bdawg923
White Whale: bdawg x 923

Unread post by bdawg923 »

kevork wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2024 10:49 am
TheGentlemanWake wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2024 10:22 am Reminder, that Lorenzo will be joining Chris Moyer, Chris Hage and myself on Deal Me In podcast on thegentlemanwake yt channel at 6pm eastern tonight.

Will we be able to watch it retroactively? I'll be at work at that time.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fuR3Ajk6c1M

Lorenzo posted the link. It should work when it's not live too.
This comment has been mod-approved since you are able to see it.
Bradius
White Whale: I do not hunt whales
Decks Owned: 4129

Unread post by Bradius »

Priorities kevork :lol:

I am sure you will be able to view it later. I pull up a lot of live You Tube videos after they finished.

TBH, I will probably have to watch it after if finishes myself for the same reason. ;)
The Crazy Squirrel Deck Hunter - Hunt decks to extinction
Disenchanted_11

Unread post by Disenchanted_11 »

If I understood if correctly, no foil on any edition's faces, correct?
Evilgamer

Unread post by Evilgamer »

Disenchanted_11 wrote: Sat Mar 02, 2024 7:43 pm If I understood if correctly, no foil on any edition's faces, correct?
correct
CCwonder

Unread post by CCwonder »

What are the stretch goals?
Evilgamer

stretch goals based on funding %
150% goal: Windwatcher minideck
200% goal: upgrades for all Gibborim and Malakim: edge color!
250% goal: 6-deck custom box
300% goal: The Claw (find out if the stretch goal unlocks)
400% goal: upgrades for all Gibborim and Malakim: gilded edges!
laitostarr777
White Whale: 2019 NPCCD - KWP decks
Decks Owned: 200

Unread post by laitostarr777 »

Evilgamer wrote: Sat Mar 02, 2024 10:25 pm
stretch goals based on funding %
150% goal: Windwatcher minideck
200% goal: upgrades for all Gibborim and Malakim: edge color!
250% goal: 6-deck custom box
300% goal: The Claw (find out if the stretch goal unlocks)
400% goal: upgrades for all Gibborim and Malakim: gilded edges!
👀👀 what’s The Claw we’re talking here .3.
It’s short story? It’s emblem? It’s… something something?
A furry who has a sona of a magician ;3
My collection - https://www.portfolio52.com/profile/16212/collection
Instagram - @laitostarr777
Bradius
White Whale: I do not hunt whales
Decks Owned: 4129

Unread post by Bradius »

I received the notice that EOTO2 went live and logged on quickly. Since it was so fast I figured i would try for a Windwatcher. They were still available, but by the time I finished my pledge order they were gone. I went for a Regent instead. It hit is goal already of $60k.
The Crazy Squirrel Deck Hunter - Hunt decks to extinction
Evilgamer

Lorenzo said 8min. Already had the wind watcher from patreon so don’t need to get involved in that. Deacon it is. Probably adding an uncut sheet.

It’s at 150% now after 45 min. So the mini deck is happening

Very curious to see how far this one goes but I expect some negative swings the last few days. This is a VERY high pledge heavy campaign (and some people will downsize)
Oneiros88

Unread post by Oneiros88 »

Adamthinks wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2024 11:14 am I'm thrilled that he decided to print with WJPC for this. My one complaint for the previous version is that the texture on the cards made the more intricate foiling look muddy.
This is my pet peeve with creators choosing Cartamundi for foiled decks. That linen texture makes them look horrible…
Evilgamer

Oneiros88 wrote: Sun Mar 03, 2024 11:57 am
Adamthinks wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2024 11:14 am I'm thrilled that he decided to print with WJPC for this. My one complaint for the previous version is that the texture on the cards made the more intricate foiling look muddy.
This is my pet peeve with creators choosing Cartamundi for foiled decks. That linen texture makes them look horrible…
Lorenzo said on the deal me in podcast the he absolutely hates the linen finish from cartamundi and doesnt understand why they are trying to keep using it (this is part of the last big delay, having a new linen texture roller made)
CCwonder

Cartamundi was all the rage but since the push for WJPCC, people bad mouth the company that used to stand at the top of the mountain... kind of the same with uspcc but there is more justification with them because of the registration issues. I'd like to see Cartamundi get back their luster when they are done tweaking the recipe.
alric

Unread post by alric »

The linen finish is used to make the cards handle better. The fact that WJPCC is printing the cards makes me considerably less enthused about this project. There's no cold foiling on the cards, they will handle like shit, and now there will be a glaring inconsistency between Part 1 and Part 2 in terms of printing and handling. I don't think sacrificing all of the above is worth just a slight improvement of the print quality of the back design. Plus, most of you here buy decks just for the fancy tucks anyways. I was initially irked by the fact there is no pledge tier for a brick, you only have the options of 3, 6, or 18 for multi-deck pledges. But now that I know these will be printed by WJPCC, 3 is probably all I'll get.

I'm guessing the trend towards WJPCC has more to do with a better profit margin rather than quality.
CCwonder

alric wrote: Sun Mar 03, 2024 12:43 pm The linen finish is used to make the cards handle better. The fact that WJPCC is printing the cards makes me considerably less enthused about this project. There's no cold foiling on the cards, they will handle like shit, and now there will be a glaring inconsistency between Part 1 and Part 2 in terms of printing and handling. I don't think sacrificing all of the above is worth just a slight improvement of the print quality of the back design. Plus, most of you here buy decks just for the fancy tucks anyways. I was initially irked by the fact there is no pledge tier for a brick, you only have the options of 3, 6, or 18 for multi-deck pledges. But now that I know these will be printed by WJPCC, 3 is probably all I'll get.

I'm guessing the trend towards WJPCC has more to do with a better profit margin rather than quality.
I'm in agreeance with you except the part about most people just get decks for fancy tucks. The custom tucks are part of what makes them luxurious and that may be what initially draws interest but the card quality inside is definitely just as important for many people.
Evilgamer

alric wrote: Sun Mar 03, 2024 12:43 pm The linen finish is used to make the cards handle better. The fact that WJPCC is printing the cards makes me considerably less enthused about this project. There's no cold foiling on the cards, they will handle like shit, and now there will be a glaring inconsistency between Part 1 and Part 2 in terms of printing and handling. I don't think sacrificing all of the above is worth just a slight improvement of the print quality of the back design. Plus, most of you here buy decks just for the fancy tucks anyways. I was initially irked by the fact there is no pledge tier for a brick, you only have the options of 3, 6, or 18 for multi-deck pledges. But now that I know these will be printed by WJPCC, 3 is probably all I'll get.

Lorenzo waited over 6 months for Cartamundi to get its act together, this campaign was supposed to go up in about September. Even as recent as a few weeks ago he was trying to figure out how to make it work with Cartamundi. Then came the recent bombshell that Cartamundi isn't even going to START printing until September..maybe...potentially.

So, it has little to do with getting a better profit margin and more to do with GETTING THINGS PRINTED AT ALL. Cartamundi ISNT AVAILABLE RIGHT NOW and even when they are (if ever), we have no idea what a cartamundi deck even means any more, being nostalgic for what was a year ago gets us nowhere. I'll be perfectly happy if they get back on track but for now...Im more more in favor of getting quality decks in my hands and WJPC is more than adequate for that.

Also I have no interest in fancy tucks, I want the cards in the box.
Adamthinks
Decks Owned: 500

Unread post by Adamthinks »

alric wrote: Sun Mar 03, 2024 12:43 pm The linen finish is used to make the cards handle better. The fact that WJPC is printing the cards makes me considerably less enthused about this project. There's no cold foiling on the cards, they will handle like shit, and now there will be a glaring inconsistency between Part 1 and Part 2 in terms of printing and handling. I don't think sacrificing all of the above is worth just a slight improvement of the print quality of the back design. Plus, most of you here buy decks just for the fancy tucks anyways. I was initially irked by the fact there is no pledge tier for a brick, you only have the options of 3, 6, or 18 for multi-deck pledges. But now that I know these will be printed by WJPCC, 3 is probably all I'll get.

WJPC does cold foiling, and these decks will have it. Not sure why you think otherwise. Also, WJPC decks handle very well. And since the texture on their cards is less pronounced, the foiling will look better than it did with Cartamundi. Cartamundi made great normal printed cards. They suck at foiling though.
CCwonder

Evilgamer wrote: Sun Mar 03, 2024 12:54 pm
well said although I think this part is a bit disingenuous. You would be just as happy with plain white tucks?
CCwonder

Adamthinks wrote: Sun Mar 03, 2024 1:02 pm

WJPC does cold foiling, and these decks will have it. Not sure why you think otherwise. Also, WJPCC decks handle very well. And since the texture on their cards is less pronounced, the foiling will look better than it did with Cartamundi. Cartamundi makes great normal printed cards. They suck at foiling though.
Cartamundi shows evidence of nice foil work on decks and WJPC has some decks with poor foiling and vice versa. I missed the part about WJPCC decks handling like shit and don't agree with that statement. The linen texture being more prominent on Cartamundi is debatable. I think it's WJPC that is more pronounced. Which deck(s) will have foil work besides the Nephilim?
Evilgamer

CCwonder wrote: Sun Mar 03, 2024 1:03 pm
well said although I think this part is a bit disingenuous. You would be just as happy with plain white tucks?

Ive used that exact phrase in the past in posts...yes actually I would.

Also I just pulled my eoto1 deck and compared it to the wind watcher (WJPC) from this campaign (Patreon backers already have the first 630 copies). if anything the WJPC pip card I compared was more clear and there was little to dislike from the print quality of either. I dont do handling so not really going to rate them on that.
CCwonder

Evilgamer wrote: Sun Mar 03, 2024 1:09 pm
CCwonder wrote: Sun Mar 03, 2024 1:03 pm

Ive used that exact phrase in the past...yes actually.

Also I just pulled my eoto1 deck and compared it to the wind watcher (WJPC) from this campaign (Patreon backers already have the first 630 copies). if anything the WJPC pip card I compared was more clear and there was little to dislike from the print quality of either. I dont do handling so not really going to rate them on that.
Which WJPC WindWatcher are you comparing with? The mini? Are there any pics up of that yet that aren't renders?
Adamthinks
Decks Owned: 500

Unread post by Adamthinks »

CCwonder wrote: Sun Mar 03, 2024 1:08 pm

WJPC does cold foiling, and these decks will have it. Not sure why you think otherwise. Also, WJPCC decks handle very well. And since the texture on their cards is less pronounced, the foiling will look better than it did with Cartamundi. Cartamundi makes great normal printed cards. They suck at foiling though.
Cartamundi shows evidence of nice foil work on decks and WJPC has some decks with poor foiling and vice versa. I missed the part about WJPCC decks handling like shit and don't agree with that statement. The linen texture being more prominent on Cartamundi is debatable. I think it's WJPC that is more pronounced. Which deck(s) will have foil work besides the Nephilim?
All 3 decks are foiled.
CCwonder

Adamthinks wrote: Sun Mar 03, 2024 1:12 pm
CCwonder wrote: Sun Mar 03, 2024 1:08 pm

All 3 decks are foiled.
That's awesome. Where does it say that?
Evilgamer

CCwonder wrote: Sun Mar 03, 2024 1:12 pm Which WJPC WindWatcher are you comparing with? The mini? Are there any pics up of that yet that aren't renders?
The same full size deck of the windwatcher edition from this campaign.

He printed them with WJPC last year, 630 went to patrons, the other 70 are in this campaign.