Comments disappearing

Having Trouble using the Playing Card Database? Post it here!

Moderator: Playing Card DB Mod

bdawg923
White Whale: bdawg x 923

Comments disappearing

Unread post by bdawg923 »

1.PNG
Somehow my comments like this innocent one keep disappearing. Can an admin check into what's going on? Or if there was a rule broken, which one was it? I don't want to break more rules and create headache for the mods.
This comment has been mod-approved since you are able to see it.
GandalfPC
Cardist: Yes
Collector: Yes
Player: Yes
Magician: Yes
White Whale: Ambergris
Decks Owned: 1700

Re: Comments disappearing

Unread post by GandalfPC »

I was keeping the thread clean, as I have been advised is within my duties by the Admin. It was not the place for a debate, or further comments or last words on said debate, it was the place to clean up such a comment - I did make note in my post after that deletion as to why I did so, and why I would in the future.

Getting into the nitty gritty of any discussion about it is just going to have to somehow manage to wait a week.

What I will say is that I not only deleted the above, but I also deleted another users reply to the above, letting you know they didn’t agree with you and why (I paraphrase - frankly I don’t remember what they said other than it was a negative reply to yours)

I could have left them both, and then let you reply to the reply, and let them reply - I could have perhaps chimed in, so could others..

That’s why your single tiny harmless post was deleted.
Hunting Karl Gerich and Elaine Lewis

My collection and tradelist: http://gandalfpc.great-site.net
Honeybee
White Whale: Blk prototype Aviator Heritage
Decks Owned: 200

Unread post by Honeybee »

We have fantastic moderators on this forum and it is an enjoyable place to come - not a warring one, like many a forum. I have been a moderator elsewhere for over a decade and sometimes you just make a judgement call - we the posters have to accept that our mods are moderating in our interests / to create a place we can enjoy. In the thread referred to, I took exception at what I considered insensitive wording by a poster but my post was deleted - I totally accept that it was done to avoid a back and forth tit for tat rally. Keep up the good work Mods
KoD - my initials, no wonder I grew up a lover of playing cards
Avatar - Honeybee (No.15+17) Tuck pic by Randy Butterfield for PM
rousselle
Site Admin
Site Admin
Player: Yes
Magician: Yes

Unread post by rousselle »

Hi, guys.

bdawg, thanks for bringing this up and for your thoughtful conversation on this topic, both here and elsewhere.

Gandalf, thank you for doing what you can to try to keep a conversation civil when such a sensitive topic has been raised. It ain't easy, I know.

It is always difficult to strike the right balance between reigning in a conversation in that has gone off the rails and allowing steam to vent when pressure is building.

The moderators are engaging in a conversation behind the scenes regarding how best to handle this particular situation. In the meantime: bdawg, you're not breaking any rules that I'm aware of.

I think that the topic in question had kinda jumped the track. Some tools are more effective at fixing that kind of situation than others; we'll see if we can't come up with a better approach going forward.

I appreciate you both and our community as a whole. At the end of the day, we all want the same thing: to share in our enjoyment of awesome playing cards.

Thank you both. I mean it.

Here's to better days ahead.

PS: I was typing this while Honeybee was posting, as well. Honeybee: thank you, too, for your kind words!
This space intentionally left blank.