Fulfilment Suggestions? 🌎✈️

Anything and everything related to PLAYING CARD projects on crowdfunding sites EXCEPT the threads about specific projects, which go in "New & Custom Decks"
Forum rules
Kickstarter "Hall of Shame" here: http://www.unitedcardists.com/viewtopic.php?f=37&t=4317" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
InterrobangCards

Fulfilment Suggestions? 🌎✈️

Unread post by InterrobangCards »

Hi guys,

I'm in the process of finalizing my Kickstarter and would like to know who you trust to ship your decks!

I asked this question on Reddit and had the usual contenders, but I'd like to explore other options outside of GW/AOP as I'm also looking into shipping to our friends in the UK 🇬🇧

Also, what's everyone's opinion on a first time creator shipping out rewards by themselves? (On a related note: I have access to a warehouse and a team able to do this for me from work but I'm more concerned about whether buyers trust a first time creator to do this by themselves?)

Thank you guys! 😎
START YOUR NEW YEAR STRONG! & Get JACKED! Today 💪🏼

Creator of The World's Most Chiseled Deck! LIVE On KS now!

JACKED PLAYING CARDS - Designed by Renown Artist BLACKOUT BROTHER
Adamthinks
Collector: Yes
Player: Yes
Decks Owned: 500

Re: Fulfilment Suggestions? 🌎✈️

Unread post by Adamthinks »

SoCal, Wounded Corner, Deallez, and Jocu are all good options. KWP just started up doing fulfillment as well and they've always done a great job. I've often seen campaigns using a different fulfillment company for the US and international shipping. As for doing it yourself, yeah I think people would be a bit apprehensive about that with a 1st time project. People tend to greatly underestimate what's involved with doing that and it can end up being a bit of a cluster. If you can demonstrate on the campaign page that you have a bunch of experience handling something like that and the space and workforce to make it happen, it would help though.
kevork
White Whale: NPCCD 17 Amethyst + Prototypes
Decks Owned: 1000

Unread post by kevork »

One of the people who I know was fulfilling their earlier projects themselves was Emilysleights52. It was anxiety-inducing seeing all the boxes and decks she had to sort out. Does it save money? Most likely as there is no middleman, but some fulfillment partners do have their way with shipping costs. It also depends how much you value your own time. Hearing that you have a team is reassuring, so being upfront about it right from the start would be helpful. I've used pirateship.com as a tool for getting the best deals for USPS, UPS, and FedEx shipping rates. Regarding fulfillment partners in the US, I cannot say enough about Henry from SoCalPlayingCards.com. I might be biased since he's local to me, but he's known in the community for the best packaging by far.

WoundedCorner is a one man operation as far as I'm aware and things are packaged well. Deallez has a habit of being inconsistent regarding providing tracking information, so sometimes shipments from them arrive as a surprise. I know they've had history with lack of communication, but everyone's experience seems to vary with them. KWP and Jocu were also mentioned. My experience with KWP has been superb but I can't say too much about Jocu because all my Jocu orders go through SoCal. Anthony is incredibly communicative, however, so he could be a reliable source for EU and ROW.
Image@playingcardophile
Invisible ink. Who woulda thunk it?
[BUY] Complete Lotrek Collection
[BUY] NPCCD Decks
Bradius
Player: Yes
White Whale: I do not hunt whales
Decks Owned: 4129

Unread post by Bradius »

One very important thing that a third party shipping company can do is to help you price your shipping correctly. I can't emphasize this enough. Shipping is expensive. Shipping internationally now is even more so. Some places it may not even be possible to ship. This is typically not an area of expertise for a new creator, so get help and make sure you get enough to actually ship your new bling. Any of the above mentioned groups should do fine for you. If you are specifically looking for EU help, Dealez has been mentioned, and would be a good option. I would make sure you have all of the shipping down, especially rest of the world.
The Crazy Squirrel Deck Hunter - Hunt decks to extinction