Adding items other than decks

General discussion about the Playing Card Database.
Announcements and updates wil lalso be posted here.

Moderator: Playing Card DB Mod

Timmargh
Collector: Yes
Player: Yes
White Whale: Cartes Indiennes green back

Adding items other than decks

Unread post by Timmargh »

Recently there were a few uncut tuck boxes added and, seemingly, accepted for addition to the site; today, however, they have been rejected and marked as "Not A Deck." They are obviously not decks, but there are more than a few uncut sheets in the database, and I personally think it's a shame that they've been rejected, not least because I could link to them from my own site.

What do you guys think; should they be accepted?
kevork
White Whale: NPCCD 17 Amethyst + Prototypes
Decks Owned: 1000

Re: Adding items other than decks

Unread post by kevork »

Timmargh wrote: Mon May 29, 2023 9:12 am Recently there were a few uncut tuck boxes added and, seemingly, accepted for addition to the site; today, however, they have been rejected and marked as "Not A Deck." They are obviously not decks, but there are more than a free uncut sheets in the database, and I personally think it's a shame that they've been rejected, not least because I could link to them from my own site.

What do you guys think; should they be accepted?
P52 has sections for Collection, Wishlist, and Tradelist, with another section that says "earn more to unlock." Does anyone know what that is or is that just a placeholder that never turned into anything? I feel like that section should be turned to non-deck related items. If uncut sheets are allowed, so should uncut tucks. Looks like whoever decided to review the submissions that time decided to remove the listings, which doesn't seem consistent as you pointed out.

The one gripe I have is that when I add them to my collection, it counts them in my collection as "decks" hence why I'd prefer a non-deck related section within P52.
Image@playingcardophile
Invisible ink. Who woulda thunk it?
[BUY] Complete Lotrek Collection
[BUY] NPCCD Decks
Bradius
Player: Yes
White Whale: I do not hunt whales
Decks Owned: 4129

Unread post by Bradius »

The "earn more to unlock" is an unfinished section of P52. At least that is what I recall from the P52 thread in UC in this section.
The Crazy Squirrel Deck Hunter - Hunt decks to extinction
Shade
White Whale: Grotesk silver bronze
Decks Owned: 4159

Unread post by Shade »

I second this question, since I am the one that added several Tuck Uncuts yesterday. I have been adding uncut sheets for several years. Why are the Tuck Uncuts being rejected, they are associated with playing card decks? I even put them under their own category "Tuck Uncuts".
Better to Burn Out than Fade Away...