Blind Tiger NPCCD 2022

Find out about the latest and greatest playing cards hitting the market.
Harvonsgard
Cardist: Yes
Player: Yes
White Whale: Your Mami
Decks Owned: 420

Re: Blind Tiger NPCCD 2022

Unread post by Harvonsgard »

brownsl wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 11:17 am They have been stopped. There was no NPCCD deck last year.
Glad you told him. I would have hated to break such bad news to him.
You want to reclaim your mind and get it out of the hands of the cultural engineers who want to turn you into a half-baked moron consuming all this trash that’s being manufactured out of the bones of a dying world.

avatar credit: 𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔄𝔰𝔱𝔯𝔬𝔪𝔞𝔫𝔠𝔢𝔯 by Gands the Scholar @g_a_n_d_s_

rousselle wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 4:52 pmI very much want this in my collection, but at long last... I have to stop the insanity.
laitostarr777
Collector: Yes
Magician: Yes
White Whale: 2019 NPCCD - KWP decks
Decks Owned: 200

Unread post by laitostarr777 »

GandalfPC wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 12:39 pm I shall wait until the silence is broken in any case so I know what I am blessing or damning, but I think it is up to the individual future customer to determine if they desire NPCCD decks from Seasons, should they be produced.
I might sound so rash on Alex when I said that, but look at what is happening - radio silence for a very long time and not even any words saying: sorry for the delay, I encounted *insert problem* (at least something to share or something?)

I probably said this so many times up there: SHOULD Alex still wants NPCCD decks going around, he needs to water it down: like one special deck instead of a whooping 6. But then, hardcores gotta be mad if it's not 6. If it's really too much work, then stop it, simple as that - but then that'd would make hardcores even more mad should it stopped. Besides now we have the P52 decks lineup, so Alex should consider things and don't overworked himself. This might sound I tried to micromanage the designer, but in the long run, things have to change.
brownsl wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 11:17 am They have been stopped. There was no NPCCD deck last year.
I am well aware that last year 2023, there was no NPCCD decks, which is reliefing - no big amount of money blows on October. Although, I can see the possibility, NPCCD 2023 deck CAN be the extra gift for ordering a set (should it happen this year for 2024).
Harvonsgard wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 8:48 pm Glad you told him. I would have hated to break such bad news to him.
For the record, I ain't a hardcore who is able to afford ALL of the NPCCD decks every year. Heck! I couldn't even afford to subscribe to many many creator's Patreon for their respective exclusive decks. There are SOOO many cards, and I have to be crudely selective.
A furry who has a sona of a magician ;3
My collection - https://www.portfolio52.com/profile/16212/collection
Instagram - @laitostarr777
Swiski66
White Whale: Playing Arts Special Edition

Unread post by Swiski66 »

I don't want to sound morbid here, but in the event Alex has died, I hope we at least get a chance to see artwork of what these decks were supposed to look like. Everything was such a mystery when we all pre-ordered them.
GandalfPC
White Whale: Ambergris
Decks Owned: 1700

Unread post by GandalfPC »

Perhaps we give it a few more months before speculating on his demise - this has been going on for a while and limbo came out of limbo a short while ago which was a hopeful sign, lets just hang onto that hope for a short while, while we have the opportunity.
Hunting Karl Gerich and Elaine Lewis

My collection and tradelist: http://gandalfpc.great-site.net
Timmargh
White Whale: Cartes Indiennes green back

Unread post by Timmargh »

There could be many, many reasons for the radio silence without having to assume that he's passed away. Life can throw awful things at you which can shift your priorities; it's easy for us to say "Just a quick 'Hey guys, here's what's happening'" would help, but without a single detail, speculation is pointless.

I pledged for the full package this time, the first time I've done so for the NPCCD decks, but I am getting more concerned about Alex's welfare than the cards, but I also acknowledge that I am in a luckier position than some money wise.
vasta41
Card Oracle
Card Oracle

Unread post by vasta41 »

Timmargh wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 11:40 am Life can throw awful things at you which can shift your priorities; it's easy for us to say "Just a quick 'Hey guys, here's what's happening'" would help, but without a single detail, speculation is pointless.
I disagree. I'll put it this way:

If I was in possession of thousands of dollars of people's hard-earned money and I was supposed to deliver a project that is waaay past due, unless I were somehow unconscious, I would have absolutely no excuse at all to not send out an update. And I would do absolutely everything in my power to update people with any news, good or bad, ESPECIALLY since these people BLINDLY gave me their hard-earned money.

That is how I would handle this situation and I have not one iota of sympathy or for anyone else that wouldn't handle this situation the way I would.

And if I did not send an update, then I know that people would have every right to speculate all they want. How would I solve that problem? SEND A FU$#ING UPDATE. Life throws EVERYBODY curve balls. Man up and do the right thing.

TL;DR Unless Alex is somehow unconscious (God forbid) then I have no tolerance for any excuse not to update us.
vasta41
Card Oracle
Card Oracle

Unread post by vasta41 »

rousselle wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2024 5:28 am Several of us are reaching out to Alex in good faith, and hopefully we will find him before too long.
Crickets, I'm assuming, hu?
laitostarr777
White Whale: 2019 NPCCD - KWP decks

Unread post by laitostarr777 »

I think… we have to accept the inevitable… that this is the end of Seasons Playing Cards
A furry who has a sona of a magician ;3
My collection - https://www.portfolio52.com/profile/16212/collection
Instagram - @laitostarr777
GandalfPC

laitostarr777 wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2024 8:14 pm I think… we have to accept the inevitable… that this is the end of Seasons Playing Cards

We have seen Vanda come back from worse and that allows us to have hope, which I will take.

Hardly a reason to go rushing around looking for stakes to drive. Only patience will tell this tale.

Honeybee
White Whale: Blk prototype Aviator Heritage

Unread post by Honeybee »

vasta41 wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2024 4:30 pm
rousselle wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2024 5:28 am Several of us are reaching out to Alex in good faith, and hopefully we will find him before too long.
Crickets, I'm assuming, hu?
I learn so much slang on here, I may be a cool guy before I turn 70 8-)
KoD - my initials, no wonder I grew up a lover of playing cards
Avatar - Honeybee (No.15+17) Tuck pic by Randy Butterfield for PM
Strag
White Whale: None
Decks Owned: 0

Unread post by Strag »

GandalfPC wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2024 9:14 pm
laitostarr777 wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2024 8:14 pm I think… we have to accept the inevitable… that this is the end of Seasons Playing Cards

We have seen Vanda come back from worse and that allows us to have hope, which I will take.

Hardly a reason to go rushing around looking for stakes to drive. Only patience will tell this tale.
I hardly think 2 years late is "rushing around" and rather LOL at using Vanda as the example to hold up here.
Harvonsgard

Gandalf is the "the glass is always full"-kinda guy. Even if it is one drop of water and 99.9% air. It's still full of gas then, haha.
You want to reclaim your mind and get it out of the hands of the cultural engineers who want to turn you into a half-baked moron consuming all this trash that’s being manufactured out of the bones of a dying world.

rousselle wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 4:52 pmI very much want this in my collection, but at long last... I have to stop the insanity.
Timmargh
White Whale: Cartes Indiennes green back

Unread post by Timmargh »

And there's nothing wrong with that. I try to be like that, but tend to fail a lot of the time.
GandalfPC

I was purposeful in choosing my example, as I was in choosing my optimism ;)

GandalfPC

Harvonsgard wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 10:39 am It's still full of gas

And being lighter than air, under the right conditions and packaged correctly, such “hot air” based optimism can even float :)

I’m a “that glass has potential” type of guy

Strag

Unread post by Strag »

btw let's also realise that the DOTY awards that were stolen (harsh word but true IMO) by P52 also have been able to happen with a pretty large amount of coordination involved. So someone, somewhere is doing something with Seasons/P52.

Reminder again that the funds for these series of decks were supposed to go to support P52 (and I suppose by association UC).
Harvonsgard

@Timmargh you're absolutely right with that and I didn't mean to take anything away from him. He's a shining light in that regard and I prefer his takes to the otherwise bitching that leads to nothing anyways - even though I'm guilty of being in the bitching camp myself (looking at you Lotrék), lol.

As for P52: I know from the first year they've become the P52 DOTY someone else has managed the P52 instagram acc so, I guess moving on it was in the hands of a group of folks anyways. Alex sure didn't manage everything by himself. Stolen is nonsense as it was aquired by Alex via purchase so he is free to do what he sees fit.

hsbc
White Whale: Grid 1 LE
Decks Owned: 1500

Unread post by hsbc »

Strag wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 11:01 am btw let's also realise that the DOTY awards that were stolen (harsh word but true IMO) by P52
Alex bought UC in 2021
P52DCIGUCr/m/52+J
double_left

Unread post by double_left »

stolen is the right word to use here
still nothing weeks / months / YEARS later
pathetic is best word to describe the actions of this creator
Harvonsgard

The word stolen was used in the context of the P52DOTY awards which then was corrected by reminding that Alex, as in P52, as in Seasons, owns UC and therefore can do as he pleases with anything UC or P52 for that matter.

Blind Tiger is on another page, but lamenting whether the money is stolen, in limbo (see what I did there) or whatever doesn't bring it back so, ... 🤷🏿‍♀️.

vasta41
Card Oracle
Card Oracle

Unread post by vasta41 »

Hard to have positivity when the person I gave my money to can't even be bothered to send an update. That's all I'm asking for at this point- a tiny little update. Not much to ask IMO, especially knowing how much of our money he has.
GandalfPC

Glass may indeed be half empty, or all empty - hard to measure from here, harder to measure if the glass is broken, which I am sure we are all hoping is not the case.

Swiski66
White Whale: Playing Arts Special Edition

Unread post by Swiski66 »

That's why I posted if he possibly died a few pages ago. That's the only explanation at this point!!
hsbc
White Whale: Grid 1 LE
Decks Owned: 1500

Unread post by hsbc »

Swiski66 wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 5:02 pm That's why I posted if he possibly died a few pages ago. That's the only explanation at this point!!
Let's absolutely not do this, please
P52DCIGUCr/m/52+J
Strag

Unread post by Strag »

Harvonsgard wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 3:59 pm The word stolen was used in the context of the P52DOTY awards which then was corrected by reminding that Alex, as in P52, as in Seasons, owns UC and therefore can do as he pleases with anything UC or P52 for that matter.
Sorry, but that correction doesn't hold water with me. The DOTY was created by this community, not by the owner of the site. The members of this community donated prizes and did the volunteer work to run the awards. Without consultation Alex/P52 took the brand, concept and giveaways and gave them to Deckin' Around and rebranded them as sponsored by P52.

So yeah, I'm gonna continue to think they were stolen from this community.
Harvonsgard

That’s the beauty of today, everyone is free to define everything how they see fit. I was just reminding folks that there is something like reality and objectivity and in that realm Alex purchased something and therefore did not steal the awards. Since he had the support of PipChick as well - who was in charge the last UC awards and the first P52 awards - everything is clean in that regard.

vasta41
Card Oracle
Card Oracle

Unread post by vasta41 »

The awards might still have been here if it weren't for the way PipChick was treated. She put a lot of work into the awards but as I recall it didn't end well.
Harvonsgard

She called for help and got it from P52 (aka Alex) and part of the instagram bubble and that is exactly why it's ridiculously funny that some still call it stolen from UC.

Adamthinks
Decks Owned: 500

Unread post by Adamthinks »

The way Pipchick was treated has had more to do with the demise of a UC based DOTY awards than anything. She put in the bulk of the work and with her not here anymore, no one has stepped in to fill that role. As it's a lot of work that's not too surprising. Alex certainly had every legal right to move the awards to P52. And whether it was the cool thing, or "morally" right thing to do can certainly be debated. As the intention was to grow the awards and the hobby beyond this forum ( which was the source of the negativity towards Pipchick) I'd argue that their intentions were at the very least well meant. Regardless though, as the original awards were entirely community driven, it could never actually be taken from here. There's nothing stopping this community from doing it's own annual awards still. It wasn't stolen. The person doing the work on it just got driven away.
Strag

Unread post by Strag »

Really feels like there's been a decent amount of retconning around what happened.

Here is where the original thread was of PipChick asking for help (which multiple people did step up): https://www.unitedcardists.com/viewtopi ... 8b0773ed97

Then all of a sudden it's announced that it's being hosted and "collabed" with P52: https://www.unitedcardists.com/viewtopic.php?t=17707

Came out of nowhere and apparently the delay was due to PipChick having lost the ability to post on UC? Anyway this "partnership" brought about a bunch of changes, including the voting happening on P52 and the Deckin' Around people hosting the awards and giveway (in a pretty shambolic fashion IMO). As per usual UC "style" some feedback was given around the way this was handled, and I don't really think it was that out of line.

But PipChick took exception, which is her right. However she also characterised that she begged for help which makes it sound like she didn't get any, but there were at least 5 volunteers that I saw. And since then she has disappeared. BTW there was a private effort to raise some funds/donations to thank her for her effort. I contributed to this as I'm sure many others did. Never even heard a word back. Whatever.

But also since then, Alex took over and has run the awards with ZERO input from this forum. So yes, I think it was stolen.