Blind Tiger NPCCD 2022

Find out about the latest and greatest playing cards hitting the market.
PaulF
White Whale: KWP Federal 52 Legacy
Decks Owned: 1200

Re: Blind Tiger NPCCD 2022

Unread post by PaulF »

GandalfPC wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2024 3:41 pm Oh, I think of them as well - and I am one myself twice over with Blind Tiger - but as I know Alex had been going through a bit of life that figures into the equation enough to end up with “I hope he’s ok”, until I find out differently thats where I’m hanging my hat.
Is it so hard to take a few moments now and then to communicate? Was there even any communication on Limbo?
e10li

Unread post by e10li »

There was an email last month (for limbo) saying that shipping was about to begin. However, 4 weeks later I have neither the deck I ordered or any tracking info :/
GandalfPC
Cardist: Yes
Collector: Yes
Player: Yes
Magician: Yes
White Whale: Ambergris
Decks Owned: 1700

Unread post by GandalfPC »

PaulF wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2024 8:43 pm Is it so hard to take a few moments now and then to communicate? Was there even any communication on Limbo?

I know what you mean - but that extended breakdown of communication worries me at the moment. I would be more than happy to trade that emotion for another but it would take some news.
Hunting Karl Gerich and Elaine Lewis

My collection and tradelist: http://gandalfpc.great-site.net
vasta41
Card Oracle
Card Oracle

Unread post by vasta41 »

Guys, I'm telling you, P52 has never been down for this long. Call me paranoid or cynical but I swear this is related. Until the website comes back on I have no reason to believe Alex didn't vanish.
STLBluesNut

Unread post by STLBluesNut »

p52 being down for an extended period is worrisome. if i am correct, p52/alex owns UC as well. lets hope this doesnt go tits up as well.
kevork
White Whale: NPCCD 17 Amethyst + Prototypes
Decks Owned: 1000

Unread post by kevork »

Do we have protocols in place by admins to preserve the website in some way?
Image@playingcardophile
Invisible ink. Who woulda thunk it?
[BUY] Complete Lotrek Collection
[BUY] NPCCD Decks
brownsl
White Whale: UUSI Le Jeu De Tarot
Decks Owned: 10000

Unread post by brownsl »

kevork wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2024 9:20 am Do we have protocols in place by admins to preserve the website in some way?
Very good question.
Fenrir
White Whale: No 17 Crown
Decks Owned: 475

Unread post by Fenrir »

STLBluesNut wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2024 9:08 am p52 being down for an extended period is worrisome. if i am correct, p52/alex owns UC as well. lets hope this doesnt go tits up as well.
You can always join Pip/Tuck. Anthony is doing a good job over there and many of us are on both forum groups.
STLBluesNut

Fenrir wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2024 11:53 am
STLBluesNut wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2024 9:08 am p52 being down for an extended period is worrisome. if i am correct, p52/alex owns UC as well. lets hope this doesnt go tits up as well.
You can always join Pip/Tuck. Anthony is doing a good job over there and many of us are on both forum groups.
may have to look into that. i have not heard of that one before.
Fenrir
White Whale: No 17 Crown
Decks Owned: 475

Unread post by Fenrir »

STLBluesNut wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2024 11:59 am
Fenrir wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2024 11:53 am
may have to look into that. i have not heard of that one before.
Here you go!

https://www.forums.jocu.cards
vasta41
Card Oracle
Card Oracle

Unread post by vasta41 »

So P52 has been down for almost 10 days. That only happens if someone stops paying the bill. And I think it's no coincidence that the guy supposed to be paying the bill is the same guy that has *so far* taken our money years ago for a deck that has yet to be produced or delivered. Something is rotten in Denmark.
Up until now, I believe Alex was one of those artists (like Lortek) who can take as much time as he needs to deliver a deck. Because we had no reason not to give him the benefit of the doubt; he always came through. But IMO that is over. I think we should all be very skeptical about this project ever being delivered.
This seems to be happening more and more lately so the approach I'm now going to take is be very cautious with who I back. Which is a shame for some creators out there who just need money to fund an honest-to-goodness deck. But unfortunately I'm sick of being burned so I'll be doing most of my future buying in the aftermarket.
Lastly, for those of you bleeding hearts who sympathize with creators and the enormous undertaking they have, here's an idea: DON'T DESIGN DECKS. If the stress of producing a playing card project is too much for you to the point where you can't even send out an update to let people know the status, which is really all any of us are asking at this point (and don't get me wrong, I do believe it is stressful), then don't do it in the first place. I work too hard for my money to just be giving it away.
sms69x
Decks Owned: 700

Unread post by sms69x »

vasta41 wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2024 8:14 am Lastly, for those of you bleeding hearts who sympathize with creators and the enormous undertaking they have, here's an idea: DON'T DESIGN DECKS. If the stress of producing a playing card project is too much for you to the point where you can't even send out an update to let people know the status, which is really all any of us are asking at this point (and don't get me wrong, I do believe it is stressful), then don't do it in the first place. I work too hard for my money to just be giving it away.
Ditto!
GandalfPC

Deciding not to design decks because it is stressful is certainly a solution - but I doubt that will help those that started work and then had life happen.

As for bleeding hearts, I’d like to ascertain that Alex is in one piece before I tear him apart - if that counts as a bleeding heart

Adamthinks
Decks Owned: 500

Unread post by Adamthinks »

I'm all for being patient and understanding, and I hope he's doing ok again soon, but posting an update takes next to no effort at all. It's unacceptable that he's unwilling to do so. I won't be backing any future projects from him. I'd be on the verge of demanding a refund, but it doesn't sound like he's answering emails either.
GandalfPC

I’m on board with the frustration over communication - and don’t understand it either - certainly my going in on a future “pay first” project would require my believing it wouldn’t happen again, but until I hear whats up I think of it as if a friend went on a beer run and never returned. Conversion from worry to anger will require a body.

Timmargh
White Whale: Cartes Indiennes green back

Unread post by Timmargh »

GandalfPC wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2024 10:28 am Deciding not to design decks because it is stressful is certainly a solution - but I doubt that will help those that started work and then had life happen.

As for bleeding hearts, I’d like to ascertain that Alex is in one piece before I tear him apart - if that counts as a bleeding heart

My thoughts exactly. We don't know how Alex is or if he's even able to make an update; take the Horsemen Kickstarter campaigns an example: the creator's life has been turned upside down.

Frustration is understandable, but maybe try to withhold judgment until all the facts are available … ?
vasta41
Card Oracle
Card Oracle

Unread post by vasta41 »

Sending an update is the easiest thing to do. There is absolutely no reason (that I would believe) for him to not send out an update, unless he is physically unable to. And if that's the case, I'll eat my words. But I'd be much more likely to believe something is wrong with him if he were updating us regularly. So it's his own fault that his lack of communication has forced my skepticism.

Another thing to consider is the timing of all this. When was his last update? I forget but I know it was before Christmas. So I connect the dots and assume that whatever went awry occured before Christmas. Then I ask myself, "why would ...I forget who actually runs it... host the recent DOTY awards on P52 if it was planning to die about 1 month later?"
In other words, if something happened to Alex and whoever is updating P52 was aware of it, why go through the effort of doing the DOTYs this year? I believe it is far more likely that he has simply vanished, for one reason or another, stopped updating us and stopped paying the P52 bill and has taken our money hostage in the meantime of working out... whatever it is he is trying to work out. Not cool.
GandalfPC

He also just sent out a bunch of Limbo decks, which as I understand he hand assembles the tucks for (at least) - and I consider the sending out of those “an update” that says he has not disappeared. All things considered I say it’s obvious that whatever is going on with him it’s not good, and just as obvious its not a hostage situation.

vasta41
Card Oracle
Card Oracle

Unread post by vasta41 »

GandalfPC wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2024 12:55 pm He also just sent out a bunch of Limbo decks, which as I understand he hand assembles the tucks for (at least) - and I consider the sending out of those “an update” that says he has not disappeared. All things considered I say it’s obvious that whatever is going on with him it’s not good, and just as obvious its not a hostage situation.
I find the lack of updates a slap in the face. As I said before, as long as I know what's going on, I have a very high tolerance for "late" deliveries. This radio silence by Alex is insulting to say the least. If nothing is wrong with him, the fact remains that I gave him my money for a product that has yet to be delivered, way past it's due date and not a single, recent reason why not any option for refund or recourse. Call it what you want but the way I see it, my money is being held hostage. Especially when you add his (presumed) lack of recent payment to keep his website alive.
Adamthinks

GandalfPC wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2024 12:55 pm He also just sent out a bunch of Limbo decks, which as I understand he hand assembles the tucks for (at least) - and I consider the sending out of those “an update” that says he has not disappeared. All things considered I say it’s obvious that whatever is going on with him it’s not good, and just as obvious its not a hostage situation.
That he was able to send out those decks is a clear indication that he would be able to send out a quick 5 minute update also. But hasn't. I'm not angry, but this is frustrating.
Cardians
White Whale: Anything Lotrek makes....

Unread post by Cardians »

I’ve gone through the first couple of pages of notes and it’s pretty sad to see the support for Blind Tiger 2022 was not only supporting a 2021 special deck but the P52 site as well.

There was some talk about a P52 deck being created to support the site. Guess that’s not happening with it being down for this long.

I hope things get resolved soon and there is some sort of
an update to ease people’s minds. Especially the ones that purchased multiple sets.

Cheers,
KW
kevork

Unread post by kevork »

Cardians wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2024 2:47 pm I’ve gone through the first couple of pages of notes and it’s pretty sad to see the support for Blind Tiger 2022 was not only supporting a 2021 special deck but the P52 site as well.

There was some talk about a P52 deck being created to support the site. Guess that’s not happening with it being down for this long.

I hope things get resolved soon and there is some sort of
an update to ease people’s minds. Especially the ones that purchased multiple sets.

Cheers,
KW
Let's not forget Nazo Nazo was also a P52 deck meant to support the website as well. If anything, I anticipate the potential for a better website to emerge from the community. I wish I was tech savvier to pursue such an endeavor.

The part that upsets me is the complete lack of updates. A couple sentences is not much to ask for.
Image@playingcardophile
[BUY] NPCCD Decks
Timmargh
White Whale: Cartes Indiennes green back

Unread post by Timmargh »

Oh yeah, I forgot that he did the Limbo deck.
laitostarr777
White Whale: 2019 NPCCD - KWP decks
Decks Owned: 200

Unread post by laitostarr777 »

The annual NPCCD slowly in a brink of extinction

Should it be still a thing, again I keep saying this all the time, watered it down
A furry who has a sona of a magician ;3
My collection - https://www.portfolio52.com/profile/16212/collection
Instagram - @laitostarr777
vasta41
Card Oracle
Card Oracle

Unread post by vasta41 »

Adamthinks wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2024 2:12 pm
That he was able to send out those decks is a clear indication that he would be able to send out a quick 5 minute update also. But hasn't. I'm not angry, but this is frustrating.
I was not part of the Limbo project so I guess that's a good sign. But the radio silence coupled with P52 being down for this long is NOT a good sign.
brownsl
White Whale: UUSI Le Jeu De Tarot
Decks Owned: 10000

Unread post by brownsl »

I would not be surprised if UC is next. Hopefully someone that knows Alex can check with him.
kevork

Unread post by kevork »

I hope for a top secret protocol that initiates if UC goes down. Rousselle breaks a glass panel, punches in a code, and a hidden backup comes to life. "Hello Master. We meet again."
Image@playingcardophile
[BUY] NPCCD Decks
Harvonsgard
White Whale: Your Mami
Decks Owned: 420

Unread post by Harvonsgard »

Let's hope so. I'm not comfortable with moving to a new spot, lel. Magick and and rouselle being admin might give them some power in that regard.
You want to reclaim your mind and get it out of the hands of the cultural engineers who want to turn you into a half-baked moron consuming all this trash that’s being manufactured out of the bones of a dying world.

avatar credit: 𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔄𝔰𝔱𝔯𝔬𝔪𝔞𝔫𝔠𝔢𝔯 by Gands the Scholar @g_a_n_d_s_

rousselle wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 4:52 pmI very much want this in my collection, but at long last... I have to stop the insanity.
Adamthinks

Harvonsgard wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2024 11:55 am Let's hope so. I'm not comfortable with moving to a new spot, lel. Magick and and rouselle being admin might give them some power in that regard.
Well Pip/Tuck is setup and running well using the identical software, so that'd be an easy move over if needed.
STLBluesNut

Adamthinks wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2024 12:56 pm Well Pip/Tuck is setup and running well using the identical software, so that'd be an easy move over if needed.
checked it out last week, seems ok enough. it appears that they have only been going since novemeber so i cant really fault them but it doesnt seem very frequented. i also got the impression from one of the jocu posts that it is pretty touchy feely over there and would likely have a heavy moderation hand. right up some of y'alls alley.