Blind Tiger NPCCD 2022

Find out about the latest and greatest playing cards hitting the market.
Swiski66
Collector: Yes
White Whale: Playing Arts Special Edition
Decks Owned: 200

Re: Blind Tiger NPCCD 2022

Unread post by Swiski66 »

I'll continue to ride the storm and patiently wait for these to ship. But one can't help thinking these decks are not going to be as amazing and imaginative as his previous NPCCD decks, considering his focus on his personal problems he was dealing with, and probably still dealing with. So he is most likely going to rush these out out of obligation and pressure at this point. I could be wrong though. I'm just an outsider who doesn't know him and going by the posts in this thread.
shermjack
✔ VERIFIED Seller
✔ VERIFIED Seller

Unread post by shermjack »

Swiski66 wrote: Fri Dec 29, 2023 8:22 am I'll continue to ride the storm and patiently wait for these to ship. But one can't help thinking these decks are not going to be as amazing and imaginative as his previous NPCCD decks, considering his focus on his personal problems he was dealing with, and probably still dealing with. So he is most likely going to rush these out out of obligation and pressure at this point. I could be wrong though. I'm just an outsider who doesn't know him and going by the posts in this thread.
That is not the Alex I know…these decks will be as good as any Seaspns deck, if not better. I believe part of the problem is that Alex is a perfectionist and he wants to put out the best product possible. Unfortunately, his communication has been quite poor and I can understand people’s negative outlook, but I believe we will get our decks and they will be of high quality and art.
A deck a day helps keep the addiction at bay!

Check out my collection on Instagram @caratcasecreations
rousselle
Site Admin
Site Admin
Player: Yes
Magician: Yes

Unread post by rousselle »

I certainly understand the sentiment that these might not live up to their predecessors, but that's always a risk with any series that keeps setting the bar higher. In this particular case, I'm under the impression from his earlier posts that he already had a vision as to what he wanted to achieve when we put our money down, and given that, I think we're in good shape. I doubt he'd phone in the execution just for the sake of sending out the cards... late.

The 2020 NPCCD decks are among the absolute best in my collection, and it's going to be hard to match or top them. Still, I put down my money because it *could* happen. :)

I do agree with others, however, that the lack of communication (even a quick, "Hi, thanks for your patience, I've been stalled on the XXX step, but hoping to resume by YYY," or whatever) is less than happy-making.
This space intentionally left blank.
alric
Cardist: Yes

Unread post by alric »

I have zero doubt about Alex eventually coming through with this deck, his track records speaks for itself and I find it ludicrous that some newbies are calling him a scam artist. Lotrek is literally late with almost every one of his releases, and most members here cut him plenty of slack. I guess it's better to be perennially late than to have a consistent track record with one stumble... Yeah, it sucks a bit Alex isn't updating at all, but I get the feeling if he put out monthly updates where all he says is, "Still sorting through issues, trying hard to get this back on track, sorry all", people will still crucify him by claiming he's merely spamming meaningless updates while sitting on our money. I don't know exactly what he's going through, but I'll give him the benefit of the doubt that it's something serious enough to prevent him from putting out even a token update. The deck will be great and I'll be glad I put in the pre-order instead of having to get bled and jacked by re-sellers, probably some who are the very ones complaining the most here.
Evilgamer

Unread post by Evilgamer »

I have no money in this discussion, but Lotrek is communicating and putting out decks, I get the impression the artist here is not.....there is a difference.
Strag
White Whale: None
Decks Owned: 0

Unread post by Strag »

alric wrote: Sun Dec 31, 2023 6:14 pm I have zero doubt about Alex eventually coming through with this deck, his track records speaks for itself and I find it ludicrous that some newbies are calling him a scam artist.

I searched this thread and the only mention of the word "scam" was in your post.
alric wrote: Sun Dec 31, 2023 6:14 pmLotrek is literally late with almost every one of his releases, and most members here cut him plenty of slack. I guess it's better to be perennially late than to have a consistent track record with one stumble...
Lotrek, at least, continues to communicate, even though he delays far more than is reasonable. And actually by my count this is the third "stumble" by Alex (went dark on Nazo Nazo, then Limbo and twice now on Blind Tiger).
alric wrote: Sun Dec 31, 2023 6:14 pmYeah, it sucks a bit Alex isn't updating at all, but I get the feeling if he put out monthly updates where all he says is, "Still sorting through issues, trying hard to get this back on track, sorry all", people will still crucify him by claiming he's merely spamming meaningless updates while sitting on our money.
If he posted monthly updates *I* feel certain that people would feel a lot better about what's going on, unlike your specious claim. That's quite the leap you made. Yep, much better to not update at all right?
alric wrote: Sun Dec 31, 2023 6:14 pm I don't know exactly what he's going through, but I'll give him the benefit of the doubt that it's something serious enough to prevent him from putting out even a token update. The deck will be great and I'll be glad I put in the pre-order instead of having to get bled and jacked by re-sellers, probably some who are the very ones complaining the most here.
He actually told people if they wanted a refund to let him know. Multiple people have done so MONTHS ago and he still hasn't paid them back. This is ok in your book though, for some reason.

I had a VERY long sale going with someone on this forum. It took far longer than it should have and it was all on me. Note that I didn't owe them any money, it was simply a sale that was going to happen. However I did stay in communication, even though I caught COVID and my Father died during this time. So yeah, I think communication can indeed happen, even when horrible things happen in your life, things beyond your control.

Rather sick and tired of people being apologists for creators WHEN THEY HAVE TAKEN MONEY and owe people product. Not sure when this became acceptable, but somehow it is.
GandalfPC
White Whale: Ambergris
Decks Owned: 1700

Unread post by GandalfPC »

I have puzzled in the past about creators failure to communicate well during delays or crisis - I personally didn’t get it. It just never made sense to me why a person in such a position wouldn’t communicate unless they had ill intent.

But I did have to face the reality that it was happening - I saw many of these folks come through, so there was some reality behind it I didn’t understand. Best I have come to in understanding is that some people are different than me - different than our average expectations in the USA - different than my personal logic dictates - and it can come down to cultural differences.

I queried Bard on the topic and it replied (and yes, it still does read the same way I felt about it from the get go - I personally don’t understand such a “communications style” as it does not achieve what it sets out to in my opinion, but that is when viewed through my eyes and a “US” audience with a different style) - of course it is Bard, so feel free to add salt:

Cultural values like collectivism and avoiding conflict can lead to an indirect communication style, especially when facing negative news. This can manifest as a reluctance to communicate delays or problems until solutions are in hand, as sharing bad news might be seen as losing face or causing undue worry.

The focus on maintaining social harmony and respecting others' feelings can sometimes take precedence over immediate transparency. Creators might hesitate to share challenges that could disappoint or distress backers, prioritizing positive updates and solutions to avoid upsetting the balance.
Hunting Karl Gerich and Elaine Lewis

My collection and tradelist: http://gandalfpc.great-site.net
double_left

Unread post by double_left »

Strag wrote: Mon Jan 01, 2024 9:26 am
Rather sick and tired of people being apologists for creators WHEN THEY HAVE TAKEN MONEY and owe people product. Not sure when this became acceptable, but somehow it is.
been saying it for years and still the amount of pumping here is ridiculous
time to fess up or return peeps monies
whats the hold up on producing cards that shouldve been submitted by now
takes me all of 10sec to know something is up when on multiple accounts I’ve asked (and so have others) for a return of monies
not sure when ppl are gonna see the big picture here regardless of what excuses are made forward out. Jan 2024 no decks in hand on a blind pre-order was everyones mistake
alric

Unread post by alric »

Strag wrote: Mon Jan 01, 2024 9:26 am I searched this thread and the only mention of the word "scam" was in your post.
Here you go, maybe you should search more thoroughly.
ALBERTO68 wrote: Wed Dec 27, 2023 9:18 am I asked two times for refund, but I had no reply.
At this point I think Alex Is just a scammer.
double_left wrote: Sat Sep 16, 2023 7:00 am Someone may want to add this project to the other deadbeat projects that never came to fruition

Complete sh!t show 2022 NPCCD has become

Wonder what this year is going to hold? To answer: Nothing
Also, see the post directly above this one.

Strag wrote: Mon Jan 01, 2024 9:26 am If he posted monthly updates *I* feel certain that people would feel a lot better about what's going on, unlike your specious claim. That's quite the leap you made. Yep, much better to not update at all right?
Calling my claim specious is just your opinion, which you're entitled to have. You're the one making the leap to suggest I think not updating at all is all right (which is NOT what I was saying). My point was that some people will complain no matter what, whether no updates are made, or too many "empty" updates are given. I've seen it happen both ways in many Kickstarters.

Strag wrote: Mon Jan 01, 2024 9:26 am He actually told people if they wanted a refund to let him know. Multiple people have done so MONTHS ago and he still hasn't paid them back. This is ok in your book though, for some reason.
Again, you're putting words in my mouth, I never mentioned anywhere about refunds not being given, nor would I ever think that's OK in my book. I merely said I give him the benefit of the doubt for not updating in case he's going through something serious.

Strag wrote: Mon Jan 01, 2024 9:26 am I had a VERY long sale going with someone on this forum. It took far longer than it should have and it was all on me. Note that I didn't owe them any money, it was simply a sale that was going to happen. However I did stay in communication, even though I caught COVID and my Father died during this time. So yeah, I think communication can indeed happen, even when horrible things happen in your life, things beyond your control.
First of all, I really am sorry for the loss of your father. My father recently suffered a stroke and I thought I was going to lose him. Luckily, he pulled through due to the skill of some very dedicated surgeons, so I can't even imagine what you must have gone through. It's a credit to you that you still maintained communication during this horrible period of your life. But not everyone can be as strong as you or have that level of integrity. To impute that to others is not realistic. Again, I don't know exactly what Alex's situation is, but in the event it's something as horrible as what you had to go through, I'm willing to show some empathy and give him the benefit of the doubt. That's all I'm saying.

Strag wrote: Mon Jan 01, 2024 9:26 am Rather sick and tired of people being apologists for creators WHEN THEY HAVE TAKEN MONEY and owe people product. Not sure when this became acceptable, but somehow it is.
For you to be sick and tired of apologists is valid and again, you're entitled to you opinions. Yes, Alex has taken our money and owes us some decks. It's not cool he's not communicating. Never said any of this is acceptable. I just happen to like the guy and think he makes some kick ass decks. So call me an apologist or fanboy, I'll wear that. I just wanted to stand up for Alex given his track record and call out those who called him a scammer, or intimated that he was. And to be clear, most members here also support him, know that he's not a scammer, and are willing to show some compassion and give him the benefit of the doubt. I continue to wait for the decks and I have no doubt they're eventually going to be delivered.
Bradius
White Whale: I do not hunt whales
Decks Owned: 4129

Unread post by Bradius »

I don't want to pile onto this issue, but I said this below just a month ago after learning of our loss of Andrew earlier in the year:

" I can tell you I am sure going to be more supportive of my creators going forward. Again, please be understanding if I am quick to come to their defense in the future. It comes from a good space. I am not trying to be critical of commenters, but supportive of creators."
The Crazy Squirrel Deck Hunter - Hunt decks to extinction
portcullis
Decks Owned: 440

Unread post by portcullis »

Andrew? Who is/was Andrew?
caniveski
White Whale: Bicycle Burton
Decks Owned: 800

Unread post by caniveski »

Was the owner of VXD, the diffractor decks
Strag
White Whale: None
Decks Owned: 0

Unread post by Strag »

I absolutely want to be supportive and defending of creators as well. But that's not to say that buyers don't also feel stressed and suffering from not getting communciated with. Feels like we tend to be one-sided on these things and this is a situation where both sides absolutely do need to be considered.

In most of these cases we have taken a leap of faith with the creator, backing them with our funds but also in some cases helping to promote their work or even helping to share their or get family/friends to buy in as well. When we get ghosted it's not a great feeling either.

For me this is the main reason why my pre-orders and Kickstarters have become almost non-existent. It was stressing me and I don't need added stress in my life.
vasta41
Card Oracle
Card Oracle

Unread post by vasta41 »

Am I reading too much into this or is it a bad sign that P52 has been down for a few days now?
Fenrir
White Whale: No 17 Crown
Decks Owned: 475

Unread post by Fenrir »

vasta41 wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2024 9:00 am Am I reading too much into this or is it a bad sign that P52 has been down for a few days now?
You are reading too much into it. P52 goes down all the time.
vasta41
Card Oracle
Card Oracle

Unread post by vasta41 »

Fenrir wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2024 9:16 am
vasta41 wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2024 9:00 am Am I reading too much into this or is it a bad sign that P52 has been down for a few days now?
...not for this long.
Fenrir

Unread post by Fenrir »

vasta41 wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 7:19 am
Fenrir wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2024 9:16 am
...not for this long.
It has. The last time was sometime during the beginning of the Ukrainian war where they couldn’t reach the developer, who I believe is in Ukraine.

That being said, P52 has been on its deathbed in terms of website development/stability for years. It’s why I have an excel instead. None of this surprises me.
STLBluesNut

Unread post by STLBluesNut »

i hope it does not go away. i find it to be a very valuable tool. at a minimum i hope someone would be able to export the data and start a new website if necessary.
Fenrir

Unread post by Fenrir »

STLBluesNut wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 9:07 am i hope it does not go away. i find it to be a very valuable tool. at a minimum i hope someone would be able to export the data and start a new website if necessary.
If you make yourself an excel you will always have your inventory on hand. Then just keep it updated.
Timmargh
White Whale: Cartes Indiennes green back

Unread post by Timmargh »

Fenrir wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 10:04 am
STLBluesNut wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 9:07 am i hope it does not go away. i find it to be a very valuable tool. at a minimum i hope someone would be able to export the data and start a new website if necessary.
If you make yourself an excel you will always have your inventory on hand. Then just keep it updated.

I started with a spreadsheet, but it started to get too big and it eventually ended up as a local website full of arrays.
Fenrir

Unread post by Fenrir »

I like your website implementation. It’s basically an excel but with a prettier interface.
Timmargh
White Whale: Cartes Indiennes green back

Unread post by Timmargh »

Fenrir wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 12:44 pm I like your website implementation. It’s basically an excel but with a prettier interface.
Thank you; I'm quite proud of it but can't leave the damn thing alone! I'm always tinkering.
STLBluesNut

Unread post by STLBluesNut »

i understand that, but 5 years later and over 500 unique decks, doing a spreadsheet now is just... im not going to do that.
PaulF
White Whale: KWP Federal 52 Legacy
Decks Owned: 1200

Unread post by PaulF »

Is Blind Tiger going to happen? Alex is so disappointing. Can he ever be trusted again? Have we been scammed? His disrespect to his backers and lack of communication has totally trashed his reputation. So sad.
double_left

Unread post by double_left »

PaulF wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2024 11:33 am Is Blind Tiger going to happen? Alex is so disappointing. Can he ever be trusted again? Have we been scammed? His disrespect to his backers and lack of communication has totally trashed his reputation. So sad.
+1
GandalfPC

I just hope he’s ok.

Getting Limbo out is pretty hopeful sign that things are moving, but no idea what he was dealing with while getting those out, or what it took out of him…

Fenrir

Unread post by Fenrir »

STLBluesNut wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2024 10:24 am
i understand that, but 5 years later and over 500 unique decks, doing a spreadsheet now is just... im not going to do that.
Nobody said you need to do it in one day. That’s my style but do it a little at a time. One artist at a time. It goes faster than you think.
ALBERTO68
✔ VERIFIED Seller
✔ VERIFIED Seller
Decks Owned: 2000

Unread post by ALBERTO68 »

double_left wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2024 12:18 pm
PaulF wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2024 11:33 am Is Blind Tiger going to happen? Alex is so disappointing. Can he ever be trusted again? Have we been scammed? His disrespect to his backers and lack of communication has totally trashed his reputation. So sad.
+1
+1
CCwonder

Unread post by CCwonder »

ALBERTO68 wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2024 2:12 pm
double_left wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2024 12:18 pm
+1
+1
I hope the backers who invested their money in Alex are ok. Some people don't think about or maybe don't care about what the customers go through or what it takes out of them (Trust, Mental Anguish, Money) I am still hoping that it works out for everyone 🤞
GandalfPC

Oh, I think of them as well - and I am one myself twice over with Blind Tiger - but as I know Alex had been going through a bit of life that figures into the equation enough to end up with “I hope he’s ok”, until I find out differently thats where I’m hanging my hat.