The Book - The Ultimate Guide To Rebuilding A Civilization

Anything and everything related to PLAYING CARD projects on crowdfunding sites EXCEPT the threads about specific projects, which go in "New & Custom Decks"
Forum rules
Kickstarter "Hall of Shame" here: http://www.unitedcardists.com/viewtopic.php?f=37&t=4317" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
HFMJ

The Book - The Ultimate Guide To Rebuilding A Civilization

Unread post by HFMJ »

What do you think about this project?
The art looks stunning, but I canceled my pledge for two reasons: very high shipping cost (42$ for a book) and my main concern, this is a first time creator and only a few of the 400+ pages are shown.

They have also reached a stretch goal for a deck of playing cards, but I think they are plastic.

I think 100$+ is a pretty big gamble.
Attachments
2e4a9aa5c9f3d1140a4774251008918c_original.jpeg
2e4a9aa5c9f3d1140a4774251008918c_original.jpeg (189.93 KiB) Viewed 4077 times
Harvonsgard
Cardist: Yes
Player: Yes
White Whale: Your Mami
Decks Owned: 420

Re: The Book - The Ultimate Guide To Rebuilding A Civilization

Unread post by Harvonsgard »

If in doubt, I always try to contact the creator in private via instagram or elsewhere. If you're in a conversation with someone you'll get a sense if s/he is legit about the project or not.
You want to reclaim your mind and get it out of the hands of the cultural engineers who want to turn you into a half-baked moron consuming all this trash that’s being manufactured out of the bones of a dying world.

avatar credit: 𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔄𝔰𝔱𝔯𝔬𝔪𝔞𝔫𝔠𝔢𝔯 by Gands the Scholar @g_a_n_d_s_

rousselle wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 4:52 pmI very much want this in my collection, but at long last... I have to stop the insanity.
guru
✔ VERIFIED Designer
✔ VERIFIED Designer

Unread post by guru »

Harvonsgard wrote: Mon Jan 04, 2021 8:25 am If in doubt, I always try to contact the creator in private via instagram or elsewhere. If you're in a conversation with someone you'll get a sense if s/he is legit about the project or not.

Still difficult to gauge in an online conversation.....

HFMJ wrote: I think 100$+ is a pretty big gamble.
I pledged but I m now getting your point too. That said, I have seen hugely successful kickstarter books come to Amazon for a similar price as was on kickstarter. You might want to wait for such an opportunity as I am sure if this book is published, it will come on Amazon and similar online retailers lik Abebooks, book depository etc.
HFMJ

Unread post by HFMJ »

I pledged 1$. The creator said I will have access to the pledge manager later. That is what I thought also, that if it will be actually made and fulfilled I will buy it on the aftermarket. The shipping cost is half of the cost of the book. Maybe the increase in price of the book will come with a decrease of the shipping costs.