SINS REBORN - Thirdway Industries

Find out about the latest and greatest playing cards hitting the market.
hsbc
Cardist: Yes
Collector: Yes
Player: Yes
White Whale: Grid 1 LE
Decks Owned: 1500

SINS REBORN - Thirdway Industries

Unread post by hsbc »

SINS REBORN

This remake features a total of seven decks. There are 3 Players editions: Red Corpus, Blue Mentis, Black Anima and 3 Limited editions Blood Corpus, Twisted Mentis and Lost Anima. There is also a special gilded “Excellence Edition”, Infernal Anima.

The player editions are: Red Corpus (retail $17 – 2500 made) Blue Mentis (retail $17 – 2500 made) and Black Anima (retail $25 – 2000 made). These decks have metallic inks on the box and are printed by USPCC.

The limited editions are: Blood Corpus (retail $29 – 1500 made) Twisted Mentis (retail $29 – 1500 made) and Lost Anima (retail $55 – 1200 made). Those decks are sealed, numbered and with a beautiful custom box. I will use experimental papers, embossing and 2 layers of foil.

The Infernal Gilded Edition is the White (Violet?) Whale of the project, with a crazy violet gilding and a super tuckbox. I am planning to produce from 500 to 800. Retail price will be around $100.

Like almost everything I do, this is an experiment. I’ve tried launches with 1, 2, 3 and 4 decks. Sometimes I’ve unlocked special editions on the go. I’ve never tried to go all in and release so many editions all together.
P52DCIGUCr/m/52+J
Thirdway Industries
✔ VERIFIED Designer
✔ VERIFIED Designer

Re: SINS REBORN - Thirdway Industries

Unread post by Thirdway Industries »

hsbc wrote: Mon Oct 12, 2020 11:38 pm (Hey Gio, it says "player editions" under the limited edition section of the webpage!)
Damn, thank you - fixed it :-)

Probably it would be better create another thread, the original SINS was a 2017 project ^_^
Thirdway Industries shop > https://www.thirdwayindustries.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Decknowledgy

Unread post by Decknowledgy »

EndersGame wrote: Thu May 17, 2018 6:41 pm
JuFiN wrote:As someone who owns all of Gios decks Sins is certainly the worst handling of the Thirdway industry decks which is a shame because it has some of my favorite artwork. It’s not unbearably bad or anything just not as good as the rest of the decks Gio has produced so it’s slightly lower quality stands out.
Thanks for the feedback so far. But is the handling of the SINS deck worse than the performance of a Diamond, Classic, or other finish deck produced by EPCC at their Taiwan factory?

Assuming you've seen/tried one of those, how would you compare it with that?

A EPCC produced deck will handle differently than a USPCC produced deck (and sometimes it's just a matter of getting used to), so I'm especially interested to figure out how an EPCC produced deck produced in China with the JN Finish compares with an EPCC produced deck in Taiwan.
I've started a thread comparing Expert's Chinese-printing vs Taiwanese-printing in the General section.
Check here to chime in: Quality Check: Expert's China-printing vs Taiwan-printing
"We look at the present through a rear-view mirror; we walk backwards into the future."
                        -- Marshall McLuhan (Media Theory Giant)
Decknowledgy™ (Ted)
Instagram Reviews: https://www.instagram.com/decknowledgy

Portfolio 52
Thirdway Industries
✔ VERIFIED Designer
✔ VERIFIED Designer

The new SINS will be printed by USPCC :-)

I've suggested to create a new thread for avoid misunderstandings hehe.

I still think the "original" SINS was not bad at all (apart metallic inks that were a my personal disappointment, especially after I saw USPCC's Eva), but this one is specifically made for players and card users that usually prefer USPCC classic Bicycle stock.

That is also the reason I was going to made just the "Players" edition, but some Patrons asked for premium tucks and ... we ended with seven decks 😅
Thirdway Industries shop > https://www.thirdwayindustries.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
brownsl
White Whale: UUSI Le Jeu De Tarot
Decks Owned: 10000

Unread post by brownsl »

I agree, I think a new thread would be good.
MagikFingerz
Site Admin
Site Admin
Magician: Yes
White Whale: Sawdust and Delicious + uncuts

Unread post by MagikFingerz »

Thirdway Industries wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 1:33 am Probably it would be better create another thread, the original SINS was a 2017 project ^_^
brownsl wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 10:15 am I agree, I think a new thread would be good.
Ask, and ye shall receive! :ugeek:
- Tom

Check out my collection

My (abandoned and now severely outdated) Playing Card Wiki
james001a
White Whale: Aurum Laser Cut

Unread post by james001a »

Take no offense, but I think this is too much of a good thing. Reminds me of the many different editions comic book companies would print of the same issue back in the late-80's-to mid-90's and we know what that led to in that particular market. I know because I was one of the jerks that bought them all. I really don't want that to happen with playing cards. I do love Sins, especially the Corpus deck and the related Eva deck, but I just don't know if I have the funds to support this entire offering. Maybe just go for that sick Purple and Red one. Oh and that Black Red and Gold one. Or maybe just the limited Editions. Oh man, I am in too deep already. I have to stop...
I haven't slept for ten days, because that would be too long.

-Mitch Hedberg
KingfisherZero

Unread post by KingfisherZero »

Half of my brain thinks this may be too many versions. The other half (the half that is GOING to win out) does not care and will own them all.
AKA "The Card Guy"

Subscribe for deck reviews galore! https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC6Y-CG ... 7GFXMmULWA

IG: @TheCardGuyYT
hsbc

Unread post by hsbc »

Were I not a TWI Patron, I don't think I'd be in for all of them -- but it looks like I'll get them all! In what seems to be quite an awesome deal since I'm on the "early bird" Patreon tier and have been there for a year :D
P52DCIGUCr/m/52+J
Thirdway Industries
✔ VERIFIED Designer
✔ VERIFIED Designer

Hello guys I am totally aware that seven decks are too many, and probably won't do this again (at least, not soon for sure).
This project is mainly for give a big value to my Patrons at the end of this crazy year.

I know that get them all is expensive, so I've tried to keep the offer reasonable, especially for Patrons - I will also offer the players and the limited editions separated.
portcullis
Decks Owned: 440

Unread post by portcullis »

I'm in -- as a patron.
RichK
Decks Owned: 250

Unread post by RichK »

Too many for me. Might get players only.
Move on, nothing to see here.
Decknowledgy

Unread post by Decknowledgy »

"We look at the present through a rear-view mirror; we walk backwards into the future."
                        -- Marshall McLuhan (Media Theory Giant)
Decknowledgy™ (Ted)
Instagram Reviews: https://www.instagram.com/decknowledgy

Portfolio 52
Thirdway Industries
✔ VERIFIED Designer
✔ VERIFIED Designer

Thanks for sharing! :mrgreen:
vasta41
Card Oracle
Card Oracle

Unread post by vasta41 »

I think I have SIN fatigue. What I like about this campaign is just that- it's one campaign. I'm glad Gio's getting all the recolors over with at once. What I don't like about this campaign is I'd go broke pledging for all of them.
I might get a pair for $30 but I'm still on the fence ATM. Either way, great job as always, Gio! These are beautiful.
KingfisherZero

Unread post by KingfisherZero »

Tremendous respect for going with court customizations - not just recolors - between each of the decks. Even the subtle touches added are great to see.
AKA "The Card Guy"

Subscribe for deck reviews galore! https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC6Y-CG ... 7GFXMmULWA

IG: @TheCardGuyYT
hsbc

Unread post by hsbc »

Happy to see this got funded so much so quickly :D
P52DCIGUCr/m/52+J
bdawg923
White Whale: bdawg x 923

Unread post by bdawg923 »

I never got the first sins decks cuz of epcc, so glad there are uspcc versions now!
This comment has been mod-approved since you are able to see it.
Timmargh
White Whale: Cartes Indiennes green back

Unread post by Timmargh »

Sins was my first Thirdways Kickstarter and I'd love to be able to back this more than I have (I've gone for the "no reward" pledge) but finds won't allow it. Luckily, I am a Patreon subscriber so I'll be getting the decks that way instead.
Bradius
White Whale: I do not hunt whales
Decks Owned: 4129

Unread post by Bradius »

That is interesting Tmmargh. Sins was my first Thirdways Kickstarter as well. As I am a Patreon backer also, I am getting my decks that was as well. I do like the original Sins decks, especially the custom carat case.
The Crazy Squirrel Deck Hunter - Hunt decks to extinction
Thirdway Industries
✔ VERIFIED Designer
✔ VERIFIED Designer

@Bradius @Tim - Amazing! I didn't know that SINS was your first of my Kickstarters.

@bdawg923 - Glad to hear that! I hope USPCC will do an awesome job, especially with metallic inks!

@hsbc - yes, it's amazing. Thanks to everyone backed so far - I am honestly impressed, since around 100 of my top supporters are already getting these from Patreon!

@KingfisherZero - the customization is not much visible on courts - I've just changed few cards and I've adapted them on USPCC/GW templates (which was the most painful job) - if you saw the modifies, I am really impressed :)
Anyways, there is a MAJOR change: I've completely changed the inner foil of all the limited editions.

@Vasta - Yes, I am aware that seven are many, and I won't do this again soon.
However, apart the 7 decks, the campaign is super simple and won't include any other extra.

Thank you for the awesome support!
PiazzaDelivery

Unread post by PiazzaDelivery »

Timmargh wrote: Mon Nov 09, 2020 3:43 pm Sins was my first Thirdways Kickstarter and I'd love to be able to back this more than I have (I've gone for the "no reward" pledge) but finds won't allow it. Luckily, I am a Patreon subscriber so I'll be getting the decks that way instead.
Bradius wrote: Mon Nov 09, 2020 6:14 pm That is interesting Tmmargh. Sins was my first Thirdways Kickstarter as well. As I am a Patreon backer also, I am getting my decks that was as well. I do like the original Sins decks, especially the custom carat case.
Ahaha, well this is my first Thirdways Kickstarter, glad to join the club.
"[...] But someday you will be old enough to start reading fairy tales again."
https://www.portfolio52.com/profile/20093
portcullis
Decks Owned: 440

Unread post by portcullis »

PiazzaDelivery, you can take my spot. This is the first TWI Kickstarter I'm not taking part in since the second Omnia campaign.
(Patreon backer so it's all good)
Adonael

Unread post by Adonael »

The first Omnia campaign was the first TWI campaign I was part of ;). I also think 7 decks is far too many, I really enjoy the 3 deck releases the most like Order. Not just because I'm running out of space in my TWI storage box lol, the total price is simply more than I want to spend on a campaign. Particularly when you have so many releases in a year (lately there are usually two releases still yet to be delivered while a third is launched), Stockholm17 barely averages one a year for example so it's a lot easier to justify going all in.
redux

Unread post by redux »

Took the Players Trident although I have first edition Corpus and Mentis already. 😊
aardvarkgod

Unread post by aardvarkgod »

Omnia was my first TWI KS as well, and I've been a part of every one since, except the Eva statue and somehow I missed Betrayers. Admittedly, I kept going back-and-forth on keeping my KS pledge for SINS as I'm also a Patreon supporter (and 7 decks is a bit much), but it seems my final decision has been made as the campaign closed today :)
rousselle
Site Admin
Site Admin
Magician: Yes

Unread post by rousselle »

aardvarkgod wrote: Sat Nov 14, 2020 12:17 pm Omnia was my first TWI KS as well, and I've been a part of every one since, except the Eva statue and somehow I missed Betrayers. Admittedly, I kept going back-and-forth on keeping my KS pledge for SINS as I'm also a Patreon supporter (and 7 decks is a bit much), but it seems my final decision has been made as the campaign closed today :)
Gotta say, Betrayers is a tasty set.

Gio is currently teasing a cuh-razy sale coming up this Black Friday / Cyber Monday holiday season, so if he has decent discounts then, that might be the time for you to correct your terrible mistake. :lol:
This space intentionally left blank.
aardvarkgod

rousselle wrote: Sun Nov 15, 2020 2:10 am
aardvarkgod wrote: Sat Nov 14, 2020 12:17 pm Omnia was my first TWI KS as well, and I've been a part of every one since, except the Eva statue and somehow I missed Betrayers. Admittedly, I kept going back-and-forth on keeping my KS pledge for SINS as I'm also a Patreon supporter (and 7 decks is a bit much), but it seems my final decision has been made as the campaign closed today :)
Gotta say, Betrayers is a tasty set.

Gio is currently teasing a cuh-razy sale coming up this Black Friday / Cyber Monday holiday season, so if he has decent discounts then, that might be the time for you to correct your terrible mistake. :lol:
Thing is, I might have picked them up at some point. I am so far behind on cataloguing my collection, plus I still have tons of unopened boxes and things hiding from 2 recent housing moves.
Thirdway Industries
✔ VERIFIED Designer
✔ VERIFIED Designer

Well, Black Friday (preview) is in - some deals will be published tomorrow, but the discounted Betrayers set is in and purchaseable :-)
> https://www.thirdwayindustries.com/black-week-2020/

(the Black Friday sale is not released officially, I've teased it to Patrons - official launch is tomorrow)
aardvarkgod

Thirdway Industries wrote: Mon Nov 16, 2020 10:57 am Well, Black Friday (preview) is in - some deals will be published tomorrow, but the discounted Betrayers set is in and purchaseable :-)
> https://www.thirdwayindustries.com/black-week-2020/

(the Black Friday sale is not released officially, I've teased it to Patrons - official launch is tomorrow)
Add a Betrayers set bundled with Eva Red Rose and allow only me to purchase it and we have a deal! ;)

Edit: actually, I seem to already have 2 of the 4 Betrayers decks...I might even have all 4(?).