BUYER BEWARE!! Seller Masterpino Instagram handles(italian_playingcard & Joseph_Magic90)

Have a good or bad experience? Let us know! This includes problem and fraudulent eBay sellers.
Ice_Panda
Collector: Yes
Player: Yes
White Whale: Golden Oath [Blue]
Decks Owned: 200

BUYER BEWARE!! Seller Masterpino Instagram handles(italian_playingcard & Joseph_Magic90)

Unread post by Ice_Panda »

It has taken me a while to get around to writing this review but after seeing other fellow UC community members interacting with this guy on Reddit I felt like I had to post something. This is a long story but I will try and get it out as it happened.

I first saw this seller on Reddit in late June selling Aurum, Aurum white gold, Gold monarchs, Silver players Arabesque and some other rare decks. I was super new to reddit and didn't have the 50 karma to interact in the playing card marketplace yet. So I reached out to him directly and asked if I could buy all 4 of the previously stated decks. He agreed and we agreed on 760 euros (which is almost 900 USD) So not a small purchase to say the least. I made sure that he sent me a goods and services payment voucher on PayPal since I didn't want to risk that much money on someone I wasn't to familiar with. I made the payment Tuesday June 23rd and he said he would send the decks Thursday June 25th and I was happy. Come Wednesday June 24th I got a message from him saying he cant send me the decks cause he lost to much in fees through Paypal, this instantly gave me a red flag, he was asking for another 60 euros to cover the losses and the shipping. I didn't want to lose out on the decks over shipping so I paid the extra he was asking. This time I sent as family and friends so he didn't have fees. I did tell myself if he comes back after this and hasn't sent them I am done with this transaction. But anyway, he got the extra money, thanked me and said I will love the decks and he will send them tomorrow which would have been Thursday the 25th. So Thursday comes and I have no message from him, I ask if everything went ok, no response. Also no response through that weekend. He writes me on June 27th and this is what he says:

"Hello! I just made you the first refund because in looking for the decks of cards I didn't find the aurum set. currently I only have gold monarchs and silver arabesque if you are interested. I'm really sorry but I wasted this time because I couldn't find the aurum
if you are no longer interested, I will also refund the € 65 you sent me for shipping
forgive me
joseph_magic90 Snoovatar
joseph_magic9001:35 AM
if you are interested in gold monarchs and silver arabesque I will make them for 250 € shipping included (65 € you have already sent them to me so 185 € are missing) let me know something
I also have the silver monarchs the white gold and the Jerry nugget reserve if you are interested
if you want I can give you my Instagram profile so you can hear us"

So he refunds the money I insisted that we have "pay for services" (thank god by the way, that was the one I cared most about). As you can see from his reply he literally was using my money to try and FIND the decks I wanted. He had no intention of selling me the decks he had but rather looking for additional decks. This is the most shady thing I have seen in the collecting game.

Anyway, so I say no thank you The Aurum set was really the point of me reaching out and please refund my shipping payment. I think since he realized that I wasn't going to be sending anymore money through family and friends he ghosted me. Stopped answering my DM's. Funny side story, I was selling some decks on Ebay and someone reached out to see if I could sell them a deck offline, turns out it was him and I called him out on it and how he needs to send me back that 60 euros for shipping. Ghosted again.

So that is the story, I did tell him that I was going to report him through Reddit and also post this review on UC. I also told him I was going to let Lotrek, Stockholm, and Paul Carpenter know that he is a scammer. And all for 60 euros. I see him on Encardeds Patreon and just called him out again for scamming publicly.

I really dont expect or care about the 60 euros anymore, But I will do my best to shine light on this guy to try and make his collecting harder. Oh ya, another fun tidbit, I was looking through his instagram and guess who is all over his posts like they are good friends? Enalfonzo and Luca Palas. Just another fun fact.

Here are his handles:
Instagram italian_playingcard
Reddit Joseph_Magic90
Ebay nadia5737 (I have gone in and blocked him from being able to purchase any of my Ebay sales)
UC - Masterpino (I am sure its him from the people who are reaching out to me and the same things he is selling here and on Ebay beeeeeee careful ;)

I have all the receipts with the Reddit convo as well as the Paypal transactions if I need to post that for clarity and confirmation but ya. BEWARE of him. His real name from Paypal payments is GIUSEPPE URSO

Feel free to let me know if you think I am handling this poorly by calling him out in the community. I just think everyone should know. I dont expect Lotrek, Paul, or Lorenzo to really do anything from their end but I figure I will shine light on this dirt bag.

Thanks,
Panda
bdawg923
White Whale: bdawg x 923

Re: BUYER BEWARE!! Seller Joseph_Magic90

Unread post by bdawg923 »

Thanks for the write up.

His Instagram is gone, Reddit still exists. Should message the PCM mods to make them aware.

https://unitedcardists.com/viewtopic.php?t=17005 The decks in this post are the same decks nadia5737 is selling on eBay btw. Likely the same person as the prices are pretty much the same and eBay prices would include the eBay fees.

I went to add him to my blocked buyer list on eBay and surprise surprise he's already on it. I don't remember why exactly
This comment has been mod-approved since you are able to see it.
TheCollector
Decks Owned: 0

Unread post by TheCollector »

Thanks for sharing! He was trying to buy/sell decks with me through Instagram for awhile. I don't think he knew that I knew his eBay handle, which he would message me low-ball offers from when I'd sell decks. He would also be quite pushy and express his exasperation if I didn't respond to him within hours of a message on Instagram.

All that behavior lines up with someone who would be selling decks before having them, then trying to acquire them with low-ball offers to maximize profits.

Nice to put a clearer picture together on this! I don't think you're handling this poorly at all, either.

Thanks again for the heads up!

-Stephen
Ice_Panda

thanks fellas! I am glad for anyones opinion on this, and also the affirmation that Im not being crazy. But again, if someone does think I am overreacting let me know! I really did give him two months to make it right. I mean I explained to him as well what my steps would be if he didn't return that shipping payment. Just seems dumb to do in such a small circle of collectors for 65 euros... and honestly it has really soured my opinion on the collectors of that area.

Edit*** Just went to check to see if he wrote me back on Encarded's Patreon. Nope, he deleted his post that I replied too. Seems like he changed his name on Patreon to Mugiwaracards as well. :) :lol:
Ice_Panda

bdawg923 wrote: Mon Sep 07, 2020 2:34 pm Thanks for the write up.

His Instagram is gone, Reddit still exists. Should message the PCM mods to make them aware.

https://unitedcardists.com/viewtopic.php?t=17005 The decks in this post are the same decks nadia5737 is selling on eBay btw. Likely the same person as the prices are pretty much the same and eBay prices would include the eBay fees.

I went to add him to my blocked buyer list on eBay and surprise surprise he's already on it. I don't remember why exactly
that is super good to know! I wasn't sure if he was already in here on UC but I would bet you are right. That probably is him. So I guess just beware people!
aznh

Unread post by aznh »

masterpino as well as 12 other handles is on the watch out list

thank you for the post and ur not wrong to shame anyone thats tryin to pull scams

had it not been protected the guy was gone
bdawg923

aznh wrote: Mon Sep 07, 2020 3:53 pm masterpino as well as 12 other handles is on the watch out list

thank you for the post and ur not wrong to shame anyone thats tryin to pull scams

had it not been protected the guy was gone
Do you have a link to this list please?
bdawg923

Ice_Panda wrote: Mon Sep 07, 2020 3:32 pm thanks fellas! I am glad for anyones opinion on this, and also the affirmation that Im not being crazy. But again, if someone does think I am overreacting let me know! I really did give him two months to make it right. I mean I explained to him as well what my steps would be if he didn't return that shipping payment. Just seems dumb to do in such a small circle of collectors for 65 euros... and honestly it has really soured my opinion on the collectors of that area.

Edit*** Just went to check to see if he wrote me back on Encarded's Patreon. Nope, he deleted his post that I replied too. Seems like he changed his name on Patreon to Mugiwaracards as well. :) :lol:
https://www.reddit.com/user/Mugiwaracards/submitted

If you think that's him, should report this to PCM mods as well. He created this account 18 days ago
Daisho
Magician: Yes
White Whale: Six Foot Five Green
Decks Owned: 1100

Unread post by Daisho »

For what it's worth, I wrote a lengthy post on this seller (assuming bdawg is right, which, I came to the exact same conclusion). What it amounted to was "something about this guy just doesn't feel right." I never posted it because I absolutely do not want to call a person's character into question unless I have something concrete. Everything about the situation was more "gut-feel," so I refrained.

But, given the unsolicited PM's for my decks, the posts I saw about him trying to lowball others, and the aggression he used to try and "build" his collection, yeah, they were some red flags. I had a feeling he was seeking the decks out to try and turn a massive profit. Unlike most resellers, it seemed he wasn't interested in the community at all.

But, no Ice_Panda, for what it's worth, assuming this is the same guy, I don't think you are over-reacting. I sincerely appreciate you posting about this guy and everyone else's input here. I know to avoid this guy on eBay and on here.
This is me, though I really should update me.
Ice_Panda

Re: BUYER BEWARE!! Seller italian_playingcard AKA(Joseph_Magic90)

found his new insta, he cant run I am following him so ya change the name all you want chief
italian_playingcard instagram handle
TheCollector

Ice_Panda wrote: Mon Sep 07, 2020 6:49 pm found his new insta, he cant run I am following him so ya change the name all you want chief
italian_playingcard instagram handle
Masterpino

Unread post by Masterpino »

maybe here you are exaggerating a lot, I consider myself honest and sincere, my feedback on ebay can only confirm what I say, never had a problem with a buyer and / or seller. before talking nonsense it would be right or at least to know me. I have always bought and sold perfectly and without problems. seeing is believing.
TheCollector

Masterpino

many people can confirm my correctness. I hate those who judge without knowing and those who let themselves be influenced by someone's opinion, you have to try before you can speak.
aznh

Unread post by aznh »

Masterpino wrote: Mon Sep 07, 2020 7:43 pm many people can confirm my correctness. I hate those who judge without knowing and those who let themselves be influenced by someone's opinion, you have to try before you can speak.

so essentially youre saying ice_panda made up this convoluted story and is lying about you trying to sell aurum decks without even owning them? bc you've yet to confirm or deny those allegation which r pretty big IMO.

I think youre last response should be corrected with the following;
Masterpino wrote: Mon Sep 07, 2020 7:43 pm you have to try before you can steal.
TheCollector

Masterpino wrote: Mon Sep 07, 2020 7:43 pm...you have to try before you can speak.
But...isn't that what Ice_Panda did (try) and is doing (speaking)? Also, by that logic, you mean you never base ANYTHING off the reviews/advice of others? You try EVERYTHING!? :ugthink:
Masterpino

I had a problem with him, I'm not denying it, but I don't think it's right to accuse or defame something or someone without having had anything. if you prefer not to buy from me do not do it, but I consider myself honest.
Ice_Panda

I did try and buy from you dude. And you didn't send me the decks we agreed on and also took my money. I dont get what you are trying to say? Just refund my money like I asked from the beginning and I wouldn't be "defaming" you. You are defaming yourself with your actions.
Ice_Panda

I have nothing to hide, here is the entire conversation from start to finish. You will all get a real kick out of the end where he tries to sell me more decks instead of refunding me my shipping. You are so honest you are stealing from a guy with a wife and 3 little kids, but hey that's life right?:

Ice_pandas
This is the start of a beautiful thing. Say something nice, or share a cat fact.

Ice_pandas08:35 PM
Hey there
I am interested in the Aurum set

Ice_pandas08:42 PM
My offer would be 675 for the Aurum set, gold monarchs, silver arabesque
Jun 23

joseph_magic9012:37 AM
Hi!
the lowest price I can get you is 800 €

Ice_pandas03:17 AM
Wait that's more than what you are asking for... 550 for aurum set 150 gold monarchs is 700 then 60 for silver arabesque. 760 total. How are you going up to 800?

joseph_magic9003:18 AM
ah sorry i had read silver monarchs
yes yes € 760 total. I can include you the shipping depends on where you live

Ice_pandas04:21 AM
Ok let's do it

joseph_magic9004:27 AM
where do you live?

joseph_magic9005:05 AM
where do you live?

Ice_pandas06:44 AM
I love in the US, utah
Sorry it was 4am when I wrote you last. I fell asleep

joseph_magic9008:01 AM
Do not worry! however it is okay € 760 shipping included. if you agree I will leave you the paypal email

Ice_pandas08:04 AM
Ya I agree are you going to send a PayPal invoice?

joseph_magic9008:05 AM
I leave you email and proceed to pay by paypal in euros

Ice_pandas08:06 AM
Anthonyrmazzarese@gmail.com

joseph_magic9008:20 AM
Giusepp01.urso@hotmail.it
send me the money directly to PayPal. total € 760

Ice_pandas08:59 AM
Aren't you going to send a good and services bill? And you dont have my address

joseph_magic9009:03 AM
you can pay directly through goods and services with what you are buying

joseph_magic9009:10 AM
Send

Ice_pandas09:19 AM
Sent
Did you get my address through paypal?

Ice_pandas10:26 AM
Do you know when you will send the decks?

joseph_magic9011:00 AM
Yes

Ice_pandas11:03 AM
Awesome :) I'm super excited to see them. I got them for my sons birthday in a month he is going to be so happy!

joseph_magic9011:05 AM
I'm happy for you, the package will be sent on Thursday morning. I'll send you the track number

Ice_pandas11:29 AM
You are the best! Thank you for working with me. And being so communicative. I was a little worried buying like this but you have been great. Cheers!
Jun 24

joseph_magic9010:37 AM
friend there is a problem! the shipment for 4 decks in America is too high and I can't stay in it. they ask me 65 € to send it. I can't include shipping so if you want I will refund you. I'm very sorry 😢

Ice_pandas12:20 PM
I would like the decks if possible. I thought we said 700 for the decks then 60 for the shipping which was the 760 I sent.

joseph_magic9012:22 PM
the problem is that between the paypal and the shipping fees I lose € 110 and I can't sell them to you. so either you pay me through friends and family and I send them to you or I'll refund you
paypal took € 45 in taxes

Ice_pandas12:24 PM
So you are wanting the 65 for shipping?
Got ya

joseph_magic9012:25 PM
I would say yes because as I said I lose it.
but I repeat if you want I can refund you

Ice_pandas12:25 PM
Ok I will send 65more euros and you will ship tomorrow?

joseph_magic9012:26 PM
I'm sorry for what happened
yes yes, please send me as friends

Ice_pandas12:26 PM
No problem. I dont want to lose the decks due to shipping so I will send it if you are still good
One sec

so I don't have taxes

Ice_pandas12:28 PM
Done
Thanks for letting me know

joseph_magic9012:30 PM
perfect! thank you very much for your time! tomorrow I send everything. you will have fantastic decks

Ice_pandas12:30 PM
Thanks so much :)

Jun 25

Ice_pandas07:14 AM
Any issues making that out
Mailing *

Jun 26

Ice_pandas07:54 AM
You said you would mail Thursday. Its Friday and I have heard nothing

Jun 27

joseph_magic9001:04 AM
Hello! I just made you the first refund because in looking for the decks of cards I didn't find the aurum set. currently I only have gold monarchs and silver arabesque if you are interested. I'm really sorry but I wasted this time because I couldn't find the aurum
if you are no longer interested, I will also refund the € 65 you sent me for shipping
forgive me

joseph_magic9001:35 AM
if you are interested in gold monarchs and silver arabesque I will make them for 250 € shipping included (65 € you have already sent them to me so 185 € are missing) let me know something
I also have the silver monarchs the white gold and the Jerry nugget reserve if you are interested
if you want I can give you my Instagram profile so you can hear us

Ice_pandas08:14 AM
No worries ya you can refund me all. Thank you
The aurum set was the point but I get you not wanting to sell

I'm really sorry. look i would sell you my aurum personal to make up for it. tell me if it could go

joseph_magic9012:43 PM
write me on Instagram so I send you the photos
Joseph_magic90

Ice_pandas01:06 PM
That's ok, honestly that's what I thought you were selling in the first place. Your cards. I didn't think you were trying to use my money to buy other cards to send me. So I think I am good. I already bought the purple aurum on Ebay. I dont have instagram. If you can just refund the shipping payment we will be good

Jul 2

Ice_pandas08:26 PM
can you refund me my shipping payment please

Aug 19

Ice_pandas07:09 AM
Alright friend. Here is what's going to happen now from my end. I am reporting you to reddit for scamming. Then I'm going on to UC and writing a buyer beware on your Ebay, reddit and Instagram handles. Then last but certainly not least I am going to reach out personally to Lotrek, Paul carpenter, Jackson Robinson, and lorenzo from Stockholm 17and tell them that you are using there decks to scam americans. The card collecting community is going to get a lot smaller for you. Hope it was worth the 60 euros

joseph_magic9007:55 AM
man, I never cheated you, I paid you back the price you spent. I've never used decks from the artists you mentioned to fool people because I have them and I sell them regularly
so I don't understand your persistence towards me

Ice_pandas08:01 AM
You paid back the original but never the second shipping payment

what pganento was it?
payment
anyway i'm a serious user i have a lot of sales all going great i'm sorry you think a bad thing about me

joseph_magic9008:11 AM
to show you my honesty, I will offer you a discount of € 60. Is there any deck that interests you? I sell several very very rare ones
😊

Ice_pandas08:20 AM
Are you joking? You have to be. I dont trust you at all. Next thing will be you telling me "just send 60 more euros for shipping" go. No I'm just informing you that I'm going to do my best to make your name worthless in the card collecting community. And all for 60 euros. Not smart my guy. Just like enalfonzo. What is it with you Italian collectors? So many scammers
And I'm going to submit a claim through PayPal and show the initial charge as my case to credit back the other payment .
That's what a nice guy I am. You scammed the wrong dude friend. I'll do what I can to stop you from doing this to others
Good luck collecting

u/
r/
Harvonsgard
Cardist: Yes
White Whale: Your Mami
Decks Owned: 420

Re: BUYER BEWARE!! Seller Masterpino Instagram handles(italian_playingcard & Joseph_Magic90)

Unread post by Harvonsgard »

Thanks for letting us know. I was contemplating about some decks from him on eBay.
You want to reclaim your mind and get it out of the hands of the cultural engineers who want to turn you into a half-baked moron consuming all this trash that’s being manufactured out of the bones of a dying world.

avatar credit: 𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔄𝔰𝔱𝔯𝔬𝔪𝔞𝔫𝔠𝔢𝔯 by Gands the Scholar @g_a_n_d_s_

rousselle wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 4:52 pmI very much want this in my collection, but at long last... I have to stop the insanity.
bdawg923

Re: BUYER BEWARE!! Seller Masterpino Instagram handles(italian_playingcard & Joseph_Magic90)

Ice panda brought receipts and the dude disappeared
caniveski
White Whale: Bicycle Burton
Decks Owned: 800

Unread post by caniveski »

Appreciate the heads up Panda ........ cant believe you havent had the 60 euros back yet, hopefully that will happen....
TheCollector

Ice_pandas08:01 AM
You paid back the original but never the second shipping payment

what pganento was it?
payment
Earlier:
joseph_magic9001:04 AM
...I will also refund the € 65 you sent me for shipping
:ugthink:

Anyway, from what I've seen, it seems like screwing up like this was perhaps new territory for him, as opposed to being a well-oiled system of scheming. Had this not been called out, though, it very well could have become a pattern.

I'd be willing to reconsider my stance on him if he refunds you what you're owed, owns up to his mistake/chicanery, and sticks to one account for everything. The community will clearly do its part to keep him honest.
Ice_Panda

I agree, I dont think he is like a full time scammer since he is super easy to find, has tons of followers on Instagram, didn't have fake accounts but used his real ones. So I dont think this IS what he does for a living. The thing that throws me when I read the transcript of what we talked about is after him refunding the pay for services payment he then offered to sell me his personal Aurum set (which is what I thought I was buying) but why would you do that unless you wanted me to send that 760 euros as friends and family and not protected? It is a red flag for sure. He isn't going to pay it back and that's ok. I told him that I was going to smear his name and he still didn't pay it back. If he was going to he would have then. It just really blows my mind that someone would do this for 65 euros. You lose exponentially with your name being tarnished in the community. Maybe one day the creators of decks will black list these people, I bet if that happens this problem would fix itself, nobody would risk it. That being said, I know it logistically doesn't make sense and is a ton of work to black list people and going over the proof of scamming, etc. I stand by what I said, I dont care about the money at this point. I care about all those people who have PM'D me thanking me for the info and they aren't going to risk buying from him. If I wouldn't have sent the 760 as services and he kept that I would have had a panic attack and I dont want that happening to someone else!
riutshoxie
White Whale: Blue Golden Oath
Decks Owned: 80

Unread post by riutshoxie »

The stupidity of some people.. sorry for you!

This seems to be his portfolio52 btw: https://www.portfolio52.com/profile/20797
theCapraAegagrus

Unread post by theCapraAegagrus »

#Pwned

Thanks for the heads-up.
rousselle wrote:You are a fussy, picky guy.
Lotrek wrote:Given the number of morons produced in the world every day, a pessimist is actually a well informed realist.
Räpylätassu wrote:"Tyhmyydestä sakotetaan." You get fined for being stupid.
♥ ♦ Portfolio 52 Pro ♣ ♠
Oneiros88

Unread post by Oneiros88 »

Hi,
Just wanted to add my experience with this same seller.

I purchased a Kings Wild VHS 1982 holographic for him for about €35.

Long story short, a month of me asking for a tracking number and having no reply I finally managed to get an admin to help me out and demand a refund. Have him a few days just in case the deck arrived. He was very cagey about sending me a refund any sooner than that, almost like I was the one who was being untrustworthy!

Finally got a refund though.

A few days later, looking on ebay at Oath decks and saw a Blue Oath for sale.

Very excited, username was Nadia-something... then I saw location: Bologna. Immediately thinking, surely this can’t be him... calling himself Nadia.

Messaged with an offer, he said we could pay by PayPal to avoid eBay fees (still as goods/services though).

Email address he sends is Giuseppe.urso1... immediately left it alone.

True that he seems to deal with some people and they get their decks no trouble.

Would still avoid like the plague...

Shame though he’s been allowed back in the groups and even being praised by people who must know he scams...
Ice_Panda

thanks for your story Oneiros88. I am glad you got your money back! He is super shady. I believe others have gotten their decks. But I will never risk buying on Reddit again. The annoying thing is he seems very connected in the card collecting scene
nur1988

Unread post by nur1988 »

I appreciate this thread is a few months old.
Im sorry you guys have had this experience with him.

I'm the one that sold him the Aurum set back in May of this year.
Had I known the kind of person he is, I probably wouldn't have sold it to him.

It did seem weird, as I got a message from 3 different individuals in the span of a few days, all from Italy. Thought nothing of it at the time, although I ignored the other 2 as they seemed aggressive with their approach.

Anyway, I hope you managed to get your money back.
I'll ensure I don't sell to this person in the future.
kudospop

Unread post by kudospop »

I skim this thread from time to time, and just wanted to chime in that I found this useful.
I have good spidy senses on who to sell and not sell to, and one of the users I left on ignore happens to be joseph magic, but only cause the offers were lowballs fwiw

Only other thing that checks out is that he spams on both ebay and instagram. Anyways, see attached photo for most recent usernames
Attachments
Untitled.png
Playing Card Blog: http://www.ramblerkudos.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Instagram: https://instagram.com/ramblerkudos/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;