Weird nOOb question...

New to this whole thing? We can help you get started!
House of Cardistry
Cardist: Yes
White Whale: Virtuoso SS13 launch deck
Decks Owned: 15

Weird nOOb question...

Unread post by House of Cardistry »

I looked in the search function but didn’t see anything about this, but as a new guy I see a lot of videos where folks are able to stick cards on their thumb vertically and I wondered if there is some sort of adhesive being used to keep the card from falling off. If so, I imagine it would have to be fairly weak (like the adhesive used on Post It notes) and not adhere to the card itself... or it could just be that since I’m unable to get cards to stick like that I’m merely looking for an explanation that doesn’t involve me having to admit that I’m just not good enough at this yet to do that...
https://www.instagram.com/p/CEg-3EdlW_Y ... sy3zewoqvl

House__Of__Cardistry is now on Instagram.
Harvonsgard
Player: Yes
White Whale: Your Mami
Decks Owned: 420

Re: Weird nOOb question...

Unread post by Harvonsgard »

Answer is no. The moves are possible solely due to moist and pressure. You don't need extra adhesives.
Problem is some guys have sticky fingers and some don't. For example I struggle with easy moves like Angel. I have to breath on my thumb most of the time to be able to do it. I never looked into more advanced "sticky moves" for that reason.
You want to reclaim your mind and get it out of the hands of the cultural engineers who want to turn you into a half-baked moron consuming all this trash that’s being manufactured out of the bones of a dying world.

avatar credit: 𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔄𝔰𝔱𝔯𝔬𝔪𝔞𝔫𝔠𝔢𝔯 by Gands the Scholar @g_a_n_d_s_

rousselle wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 4:52 pmI very much want this in my collection, but at long last... I have to stop the insanity.
House of Cardistry

That’s good to know... I actually live in the Southeast where it’s hot, humid and very sticky, especially in the summer and I still can’t get the cards to hang on for more than a split second... of course, I’ve only been doing this for a couple of weeks (lol!!!) now so I have much, much, MUCH(!!!) to learn...

House of Cardistry

Another weird question... is it just me or are thumb propulsions really hard on a deck?? I’ve been trying to get the technique down and it’s taking a toll on my Bikes for sure...