OATH'S PATREON -details

Find out about the latest and greatest playing cards hitting the market.
Honeybee
Collector: Yes
White Whale: Blk prototype Aviator Heritage
Decks Owned: 200

Re: OATH'S PATREON -details

Unread post by Honeybee »

CCwonder wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2024 3:02 pm
Honeybee wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2024 2:46 am This forum isn't really a toxic place. Lotrek discussion seems to get more heated than other topics although I was surprised to be attacked in another thread by a poster who asked me a question and then answered it himself. This forum is my happy place so this 68yo blocked his first ever poster (on any forum) - I can recommend it
Lotrek has created a turbulent environment by being so inconsiderate of his patreons (I am glad I am not one) - promises from Years ago not fulfilled is simply ridiculous when he continues to produce other decks
This forum has a toxicity to it but that could just be my opinion. There are plenty of 'attacks' haha on this forum and the internet as a black whole. Tell me more about how this forum isn't toxic while telling me you were 'attacked'. How severe are your injuries?
You had said that this forum is a toxic place and I said not really. Maybe I should have said it isn't 'very' toxic. Overall toxic is too strong a word, with the meaning - poisonous or unpleasant, if this was 'really' the case - why are you visiting?
KoD - my initials, no wonder I grew up a lover of playing cards
Avatar - Honeybee (No.15+17) Tuck pic by Randy Butterfield for PM
hsbc
Cardist: Yes
Player: Yes
White Whale: Grid 1 LE
Decks Owned: 1500

Unread post by hsbc »

hsbc wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 11:37 pm This got lost at the bottom of the previous page -- please cool it with the personal arguments everyone
P52DCIGUCr/m/52+J
CCwonder

Unread post by CCwonder »

Honeybee wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2024 6:05 pm
CCwonder wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2024 3:02 pm
Honeybee wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2024 2:46 am This forum isn't really a toxic place. Lotrek discussion seems to get more heated than other topics although I was surprised to be attacked in another thread by a poster who asked me a question and then answered it himself. This forum is my happy place so this 68yo blocked his first ever poster (on any forum) - I can recommend it
Lotrek has created a turbulent environment by being so inconsiderate of his patreons (I am glad I am not one) - promises from Years ago not fulfilled is simply ridiculous when he continues to produce other decks
This forum has a toxicity to it but that could just be my opinion. There are plenty of 'attacks' haha on this forum and the internet as a black whole. Tell me more about how this forum isn't toxic while telling me you were 'attacked'. How severe are your injuries?
You had said that this forum is a toxic place and I said not really. Maybe I should have said it isn't 'very' toxic. Overall toxic is too strong a word, with the meaning - poisonous or unpleasant, if this was 'really' the case - why are you visiting?
like most people, I check up on it periodically for interesting information but rarely participate because opinions are like assholes..... including my opinions. I am not exempt from the hypocrisy of the world 😉
Zzzzi
Decks Owned: 500

Unread post by Zzzzi »

The form of forum is easy to review the history of the development of things and learn knowledge, but also easy to accumulate contradictions and make people aggressive, every time contradiction be released is a blow to the forum, so calm speak is good for everyone, otherwise the disorder will destroy this place
hsbc

Unread post by hsbc »

Redemption Stories Vol. VII (Oath Experimental)
It's the new technique we were working on: A foil printing with a light embossing at the same time. In order to test it, we did a trial print using an inexpensive, ordinary stock (not for playing cards) which is very good to receive foil, though.
P52DCIGUCr/m/52+J
kevork
White Whale: NPCCD 17 Amethyst + Prototypes
Decks Owned: 1000

Unread post by kevork »

I love that we can be on the journey through the experimentation. Mine is expected to arrive tomorrow :ugdance:

I mentioned it in a comment on his Patreon, but I do love those jokers.
Image@playingcardophile
Invisible ink. Who woulda thunk it?
[BUY] Complete Lotrek Collection
[BUY] NPCCD Decks
Honeybee
White Whale: Blk prototype Aviator Heritage

Unread post by Honeybee »

I like the Courts but the backs - I'm just not an aureate sort of guy :|
KoD - my initials, no wonder I grew up a lover of playing cards
Avatar - Honeybee (No.15+17) Tuck pic by Randy Butterfield for PM
Harvonsgard
White Whale: Your Mami
Decks Owned: 420

Unread post by Harvonsgard »

I did not receive this one and had to inquire for the last ones despite being eligible. So I guess I was left out again. But seeing the courts, back design and imprints plus Jokers not fitting the deck at all artwise, I'm not even going to bother to message him to get this deck. It would be tossed into a drawer like all the other sub-par Oath decks of past years anyways.
You want to reclaim your mind and get it out of the hands of the cultural engineers who want to turn you into a half-baked moron consuming all this trash that’s being manufactured out of the bones of a dying world.

avatar credit: 𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔄𝔰𝔱𝔯𝔬𝔪𝔞𝔫𝔠𝔢𝔯 by Gands the Scholar @g_a_n_d_s_

rousselle wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 4:52 pmI very much want this in my collection, but at long last... I have to stop the insanity.
Oneiros88

Unread post by Oneiros88 »

kevork wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2024 1:17 am I love that we can be on the journey through the experimentation. Mine is expected to arrive tomorrow :ugdance:

I mentioned it in a comment on his Patreon, but I do love those jokers.
I love these jokers.
Mine arrived yesterday and my wife was looking the deck and as I was showing her the foiling she turned the card over and it happened to be a joker.
Her words were “why would you have all the fancy back then have a cartoon on the other side?” 😂

I tried to explain the reason but felt she was starting to lose interest 😂

I’d love to see a more nuanced, non-cartoon joker but with the same mad alchemist failed experiment vibe, somehow.

Like an intricate alchemist drawing then the second with the cloud of smoke and maybe a take on the side-eye puppet meme 😂

Attachments
IMG_1089.jpeg
laitostarr777
Magician: Yes
White Whale: 2019 NPCCD - KWP decks

Unread post by laitostarr777 »

That Jokers just soo…. Kinda…. well, I wanna say: as if Lotrek bonked his head and suddenly becoming a different person: from serious to cuckoo (this by no means to smudge the grandmaster - the artworks are great, its just first time seeing him drawing something funny 😁)

Anyways, hopefully, 115 euros HAS TO BE WORTH IT, for Mystery III
A furry who has a sona of a magician ;3
My collection - https://www.portfolio52.com/profile/16212/collection
Instagram - @laitostarr777
sms69x
Decks Owned: 700

Unread post by sms69x »

hsbc wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2024 1:09 am Redemption Stories Vol. VII (Oath Experimental)
It's the new technique we were working on: A foil printing with a light embossing at the same time. In order to test it, we did a trial print using an inexpensive, ordinary stock (not for playing cards) which is very good to receive foil, though.
This is the type of thing I expected from being a patron.. Being part of the path and seeing the proccess of different things that Lotrek tries..
This is the only Redemption Stories Deck - so far - that trully interests me...
CCwonder

The jokers look out of place with this deck. 115$ is the patron price for an upcoming deck? Ok...
kevork

Unread post by kevork »

CCwonder wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2024 10:19 am The jokers look out of place with this deck. 115$ is the patron price for an upcoming deck? Ok...
I disagree in the sense that the jokers are meant to be a silly characterization of Lotrek trying to experiment with new concepts and it blowing up in his face. Hence this deck being Oath Experimental.

Patron price for the new mystery deck was 100€ and public price was 115€. This was similar pricing to Arabesque, Damask, Crypt, and Golden Oath.
Image@playingcardophile
[BUY] NPCCD Decks
CCwonder

kevork wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2024 10:53 am
CCwonder wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2024 10:19 am The jokers look out of place with this deck. 115$ is the patron price for an upcoming deck? Ok...
I disagree in the sense that the jokers are meant to be a silly characterization of Lotrek trying to experiment with new concepts and it blowing up in his face. Hence this deck being Oath Experimental.

Patron price for the new mystery deck was 100€ and public price was 115€. This was similar pricing to Arabesque, Damask, Crypt, and Golden Oath.
100$ for a new deck, yikes. Some may like the mix of a classy looking deck with cartoon jokers but not me. There is something for everyone in this hobby.
steampunk52

Unread post by steampunk52 »

I agree the Jokers look technically out of place for this deck. However, I like them. It's a fun, playful nod that this deck was an experiment and in that I think they belong. So I guess what Kevork is saying :-)

I will also own up to the fact that I am indeed a hypocrite. I picked up a Mystery III. While I have some frustration that this is coming before some of the past rewards, I had a serious bout with FOMO and succumbed. I imagined that against all odds, Lotrek finally brings it and delivers Years 1, 2, and 3 in addition to Mystery III by June and I would feel left out. Now, I would not place bets on this outcome but I feel there is a non-zero chance of this happening. Maybe Mystery III is a sign that he is finally catching up....sigh....one can dream.... :lol:

That said, if June comes and nothing has been delivered, I reserve my right to return to my regular somewhat salty programming.
CCwonder

steampunk52 wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2024 11:09 am I agree the Jokers look technically out of place for this deck. However, I like them. It's a fun, playful nod that this deck was an experiment and in that I think they belong. So I guess what Kevork is saying :-)

I will also own up to the fact that I am indeed a hypocrite. I picked up a Mystery III. While I have some frustration that this is coming before some of the past rewards, I had a serious bought with FOMO and succumbed. I imagined that against all odds, Lotrek finally brings it and delivers Years 1, 2, and 3 in addition to Mystery III by June and I would feel left out. Now, I would not place bets on this outcome but I feel there is a non-zero chance of this happening. Maybe Mystery III is a sign that he is finally catching up....sigh....one can dream.... :lol:

That said, if June comes and nothing has been delivered, I reserve my right to return to my regular somewhat salty programming.
Hahaha, one can dream.....here's hoping everything works out 🤞
kevork

Unread post by kevork »

Had to head out of town for a night but before I did, I did want to check the deck out.

I'm curious what Lotrek wasn't satisfied with on these cards as his assessment can offer perspective on what are some things he looks for and prioritizes when pursuing perfection.

He used a smooth stock instead of air cushioned, and the varnish was definitely slippery. With it being smooth and the stock a bit thin, it does give a feeling of being "cheap." I imagine due to the micro embossing on the foiling in the back, it causes a louder scratchy sound when sifting through the deck. I do want to point out that the foiling is incredibly gorgeous on the backs, enhanced in person when reflecting off any light source. Really gives it the illusion it's a metal card entirely when looked at from the back.

It does give perspective into some of the hurdles the printmaking process presents when one doesn't own the printer.

Come up with an idea.
Create your representation of the idea. If it's a new execution, try to come up with how to execute it.
Get in print queue and have some samples printed.
Make adjustments.
Get in print queue again.
Have samples printed.
Rinse and repeat with waiting and waiting in between.

And this is a dumbed down barebones representation that doesn't factor in confounding variables, tucks, varnish, different printer for inks vs. foils, etc.

This deck was an experiment, highlighted in the name. Even if it failed, he hopefully learned some things.
Image@playingcardophile
[BUY] NPCCD Decks
CCwonder

kevork wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2024 4:53 pm Had to head out of town for a night but before I did, I did want to check the deck out.

I'm curious what Lotrek wasn't satisfied with on these cards as his assessment can offer perspective on what are some things he looks for and prioritizes when pursuing perfection.

He used a smooth stock instead of air cushioned, and the varnish was definitely slippery. With it being smooth and the stock a bit thin, it does give a feeling of being "cheap." I imagine due to the micro embossing on the foiling in the back, it causes a louder scratchy sound when sifting through the deck. I do want to point out that the foiling is incredibly gorgeous on the backs, enhanced in person when reflecting off any light source. Really gives it the illusion it's a metal card entirely when looked at from the back.

It does give perspective into some of the hurdles the printmaking process presents when one doesn't own the printer.

Come up with an idea.
Create your representation of the idea. If it's a new execution, try to come up with how to execute it.
Get in print queue and have some samples printed.
Make adjustments.
Get in print queue again.
Have samples printed.
Rinse and repeat with waiting and waiting in between.

And this is a dumbed down barebones representation that doesn't factor in confounding variables, tucks, varnish, different printer for inks vs. foils, etc.

This deck was an experiment, highlighted in the name. Even if it failed, he hopefully learned some things.
who printed it?
Bradius
White Whale: I do not hunt whales
Decks Owned: 4129

Unread post by Bradius »

CCwonder, the deck was printed by Lotrek with local Greek printers I assume in Athens.

I went back and checked Lotrek's comments regarding Redemption VII. Lotrek specifically said he used an inexpensive ordinary stock (not for playing cards) for this deck. It was used because it was good for receiving foil. However, getting the desired 3D effect was challenging. At a heavy pressure it can only work on very light paper stock (not a playing card thickness stock). At a lighter pressure, he lost the 3D effect he was aiming to achieve.

Anyway, that is basically what he said. I haven't received the decks yet. Hopefully I will get then shortly. It sounds like it will be interesting.
The Crazy Squirrel Deck Hunter - Hunt decks to extinction
CCwonder

Bradius wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2024 5:34 pm CCwonder, the deck was printed by Lotrek with local Greek printers I assume in Athens.

I went back and checked Lotrek's comments regarding Redemption VII. Lotrek specifically said he used an inexpensive ordinary stock (not for playing cards) for this deck. It was used because it was good for receiving foil. However, getting the desired 3D effect was challenging. At a heavy pressure it can only work on very light paper stock (not a playing card thickness stock). At a lighter pressure, he lost the 3D effect he was aiming to achieve.

Anyway, that is basically what he said. I haven't received the decks yet. Hopefully I will get then shortly. It sounds like it will be interesting.
Was it expensive for this deck that uses a stock that is not for playing cards?
hsbc

Unread post by hsbc »

CCwonder wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2024 5:39 pm Was it expensive for this deck that uses a stock that is not for playing cards?
One deck was free for Patrons ("Patrons who have completed at least a whole year and are still waiting for their rewards"), extras were also available but I can't find how much they were right now
P52DCIGUCr/m/52+J
Evilgamer

Unread post by Evilgamer »

CCwonder wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2024 5:39 pm
Bradius wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2024 5:34 pm CCwonder, the deck was printed by Lotrek with local Greek printers I assume in Athens.

Was it expensive for this deck that uses a stock that is not for playing cards?
35euro

They definitely have very nice backs and are too thin.

I still like em though.
Bradius

Unread post by Bradius »

Redemption VII decks are 35 euro each. I think there are still some for sale, but on the Patron shop.
hsbc

Unread post by hsbc »

Bradius wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2024 8:45 pm Redemption VII decks are 35 euro each. I think there are still some for sale, but on the Patron shop.
The most recent password didn't work for me to get into the Patrons section of the Oath website
P52DCIGUCr/m/52+J
Evilgamer

Unread post by Evilgamer »

yeah I tried that too, had to look at the original invoice.
zlexander

Unread post by zlexander »

Like the Oath Water Mark , this series should get a Revival too !
zlexander

Unread post by zlexander »

Got 1 x Mystery deck, this launch happened suddenly so was short on cash ,just bought an item on auction few days ago wished the announcement was made earlier . Will try to grab 1 if the 3 rd drop happens way later
Bradius

Unread post by Bradius »

If someone that is a Patron can't get in, you can either message Lotrek or me and we can send you the current password that will get you in if you want to get a Redemption VII deck. There are currently 98 still in stock. I will probably not be able to respond though to messages until tomorrow afternoon. Oh, if you need Redemption VI, then there are currently 77 in stock.
laitostarr777
White Whale: 2019 NPCCD - KWP decks

Unread post by laitostarr777 »

As of me writing this: only 32 decks left of MYSTERY III

Wow, crazy that first min and half of the stock gone, then it slowed down
A furry who has a sona of a magician ;3
My collection - https://www.portfolio52.com/profile/16212/collection
Instagram - @laitostarr777
Bradius

Unread post by Bradius »

It shows 100 in stock now. I am guessing those in a mad rush have found the decks. I didn't know they were back on sale TBH. This will now allow those not so rushed to pick them up. I am sure they will disappear as those pick up what they want and those that only got one or two and want some more pick them up. Of course, now they are just tempting me...resist urge....