*OFFICIAL* 2019 'Deck of the Year' Awards

Featuring our favourite decks including winners of the Decks Of The Year awards and the Annual United Cardists Decks
Magic Tapp
Collector: Yes
Decks Owned: 816

Re: *OFFICIAL* 2019 'Deck of the Year' Awards

Unread post by Magic Tapp »

badpete69 wrote:I think Kem who was the admin for that list, took it down Wednesday night. I am not sure PipChick has kept the list on the thread fully updated so this process will slow down for sure... Proceed as best you can until we see if the list re-opens
Thanks Pierre - I do not think that Pip’s list is up-to-date so I will need to go through the prize list in much more detail and that may result in a few false starts so please bear with me.
Harvonsgard
Cardist: Yes
Player: Yes
White Whale: Your Mami
Decks Owned: 420

Unread post by Harvonsgard »

As far as I understood it; he didn't took it down but he kinda swapped it to another user and that user didn't activate it for the public yet. I might be butchering this since, I don't use Google stuff... :?
You want to reclaim your mind and get it out of the hands of the cultural engineers who want to turn you into a half-baked moron consuming all this trash that’s being manufactured out of the bones of a dying world.

avatar credit: 𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔄𝔰𝔱𝔯𝔬𝔪𝔞𝔫𝔠𝔢𝔯 by Gands the Scholar @g_a_n_d_s_

rousselle wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 4:52 pmI very much want this in my collection, but at long last... I have to stop the insanity.
justplaycards
White Whale: Requiem Prototype 00
Decks Owned: 250

Unread post by justplaycards »

For reasons I don't want to get into, Kem took the document down. I have since acquired it and made it live again.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... sp=sharing

If you have any problems editing it or think I have set the permissions incorrectly (I don't usually use Google Docs). Please let me know.
Timmargh
White Whale: Cartes Indiennes green back

Unread post by Timmargh »

Works for me.
Magic Tapp
Decks Owned: 816

Unread post by Magic Tapp »

Ok - thanks for bearing with me. I shall be going for the Cardileigh's mixed half brick of Crooked Kings decks.

I will PM them and also message caribcards
caribcards
White Whale: 1890 Kipper cards
Decks Owned: 155

Unread post by caribcards »

Thank you Pipchick, donors and everyone that made this possible. Thank you all ! I'll select the Steakbreak's 4-decks:
-Betrayers Veritas
-Axoloty
-Circus Nostalgic (Limited Edition #2095/2500)
-Playing Arts Zero (2019 Reprint)

Thanks!
theCapraAegagrus

Unread post by theCapraAegagrus »

Ladies and Gentlemen, it is live:

rousselle wrote:You are a fussy, picky guy.
Lotrek wrote:Given the number of morons produced in the world every day, a pessimist is actually a well informed realist.
Räpylätassu wrote:"Tyhmyydestä sakotetaan." You get fined for being stupid.
♥ ♦ Portfolio 52 Pro ♣ ♠
HostileTraveler
Magician: Yes
White Whale: Damask Blue

Unread post by HostileTraveler »

Looks like I'm up. I have to admit, I'm disappointed I'm not getting theCapraAegagrus' prize. I mean, those are some /heavily/ customized decks... :)

Assuming the spreadsheet is still accurate, I'll select the Order trio so generously provided by Bayou Playing Cards.

Looks like Henry at SoCalPlayingCards is up next - will shoot him at PM.

Thanks everyone for making this happen! Maybe for next year I can build a quick website so that this part is automated, if that would help.

And, of course - stay safe everyone!
phantom1412

Unread post by phantom1412 »

theCapraAegagrus wrote:Ladies and Gentlemen, it is live:

I like your cat!
socalplayingcards

Unread post by socalplayingcards »

Thanks to everyone and a huge thanks to Pip for spearheading this massive undertaking! I'll pick the Bicycle Pixel v1 set from GNS Magic. I'll PM conturbia it's time for a pick! Thanks again everyone!
theCapraAegagrus

Unread post by theCapraAegagrus »

Too bad Mjolnir didn't make a cameo lol.

I wanted to include more fully-custom decks, and less stuff like Ellusionist Kings, but I either; A. Have less surplus of those kinds of decks than I thought, or; B. Have them hidden deeper than I was willing to dive...
rousselle wrote:You are a fussy, picky guy.
Lotrek wrote:Given the number of morons produced in the world every day, a pessimist is actually a well informed realist.
Räpylätassu wrote:"Tyhmyydestä sakotetaan." You get fined for being stupid.
♥ ♦ Portfolio 52 Pro ♣ ♠
arjun1616
White Whale: regalia
Decks Owned: 20

Unread post by arjun1616 »

theCapraAegagrus wrote:Ladies and Gentlemen, it is live:

this pains me to watch :cry:
ok
Circle & Star
White Whale: Every Oath PC decks
Decks Owned: 80

Unread post by Circle & Star »

OMG, I totally disconnected from internet for the last month. I'm so sorry for this.
I hope I can still choose something.
If so, my choice is

[✔] Art of Play (Dan & Dave Buck)
1 x Mixed Half-Brick of AoP decks
-----------
C&S - Through Joker card art and beauty
IG: @Circle_and_Star
scottbre

Unread post by scottbre »

Circle & Star wrote:OMG, I totally disconnected from internet for the last month. I'm so sorry for this.
If so, my choice is

I am certainly not the arbiter of these kind of decisions but you may have missed out. :(
https://www.portfolio52.com/profile/19990/collection" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
badpete69
Decks Owned: 1500

Unread post by badpete69 »

Circle & Star wrote:OMG, I totally disconnected from internet for the last month. I'm so sorry for this.
If so, my choice is

All 4 Half brick have been spoken for a while back by the way... Let me check with Pipchick to confirm what the exact rules are for picking late if any
KingfisherZero

Unread post by KingfisherZero »

Are we timed out at 72 hours again? Safe to move along?
AKA "The Card Guy"

Subscribe for deck reviews galore! https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC6Y-CG ... 7GFXMmULWA

IG: @TheCardGuyYT
sjrosenfield

Unread post by sjrosenfield »

I assume Conturbia's spot got forfeited and I'm next in line. I'll take the 3x Hydrogen Decks by Nick Nicso. I'll message cardguyyt (tim)
Timmargh
White Whale: Cartes Indiennes green back

Unread post by Timmargh »

With people missing out, are they moved to the end of the list or are new names added instead?
Eric Lee
White Whale: Korchma Taras Bulba

Unread post by Eric Lee »

sjrosenfield wrote:I assume Conturbia's spot got forfeited and I'm next in line. I'll take the 3x Hydrogen Decks by Nick Nicso. I'll message cardguyyt (tim)
Did Circle and star PM Conturbia though? He didn't say if he did.
shkorc

Unread post by shkorc »

Wow this is getting really messy. Doubt anyone is enjoying this.

If PipChick is too busy with real life, I think some official coordination from another mod would be really appreciated? :)

Thank you!
KingfisherZero

That’s fair. I’ll pause for a bit before making a pick...mods am I good to keep it moving?
AKA "The Card Guy"

Subscribe for deck reviews galore! https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC6Y-CG ... 7GFXMmULWA

guru
✔ VERIFIED Designer
✔ VERIFIED Designer

Unread post by guru »

Timmargh wrote:With people missing out, are they moved to the end of the list or are new names added instead?

Here are the rules which clearly state the following and so, anyone missing out is not moved to end of the list. I can see that there is a mention of additional winner to be drawn out and not sure if it is possible given the current state of affairs and Pip's absence.

ADDITIONAL TERMS & CONDITIONS OF AGREEMENT IN ENTERING GIVEAWAY

In choosing to participate by voting in the 'Deck of the Year' Award event, participants are also agreeing to the following terms & conditions of the prize giveaway:

1.) AVAILABLE TO CLAIM GIVEAWAY PRIZE

After givewaway prize winners have been announced on Friday, February 14th, 2020 on the official DOTY thread, additionally, a message will be sent to all of those that have been randomly drawn to inform them of their win and request that they respond to claim their prize. From that moment on, those lucky giveaway winners will have until the following Monday, February 17th, 2020 (approximately 72hrs) to respond either publicly in a post or privately through a message that they will be present and reachable to participate in selecting and claiming a prize from the giveaway among those available.

In the event that a drawn prize giveaway recipient does not respond to attempts made in contacting them through message(s) sent through the UC private messenger, they will automatically forfeit their ability to participate in selecting an available prize from the giveaway. If this occurs, the participent will simply be removed from our list of winning giveaway recipents and all those listed below will be moved up one slot allowing for one more additional winner to be drawn to fill the last available spot in accordance to the number of prizes available for selection.

2.) TRANSFER OF GIVEAWAY PRIZE

Unless a voter participant explicitly states to opt out of the prize giveaway, everyone that voted for the DOTYs automatically gets exactly ONLY ONE entry into the prize giveaway and has the same chance as everyone else that participated.

Requests for one participant's entry to go towards another participant as a way to opt out while giving another better odds in the drawing will NOT be accepted nor allowed. If you do happen to be randomly drawn and win selection of a prize in the giveaway and still would like to give that prize to someone else, please arrange that privately with that person and make selection of your prize on their behalf as they wish but all coordination should be done outside of this event as it will not be officially recognized otherwise.
guru
✔ VERIFIED Designer
✔ VERIFIED Designer

Unread post by guru »

Eric Lee wrote:
sjrosenfield wrote:I assume Conturbia's spot got forfeited and I'm next in line. I'll take the 3x Hydrogen Decks by Nick Nicso. I'll message cardguyyt (tim)
Did Circle and star PM Conturbia though? He didn't say if he did.
EDIT:

THink there is some confusion @Eric Lee. Looks like Conturbia was PMed by socalplayingcards (see below). Given there has not been any response from him, the next one in line is @KingfisherZero . Or, Am I missing something here?

I've PMed @sjrosenfield & @KingfisherZero while mentioning to message the next recipient of the giveaway once he/she claims the prize. Hope that's okay folks.

Just trying to help and keep things moving.
socalplayingcards wrote:Thanks to everyone and a huge thanks to Pip for spearheading this massive undertaking! I'll pick the Bicycle Pixel v1 set from GNS Magic. I'll PM conturbia it's time for a pick! Thanks again everyone!
KingfisherZero

Thanks @guru (and everyone for this effort!) As many before me have said, outstanding job and coordination for all of this. There's gonna be bumps along the way, but thank you to Pip and everyone else involved this year.

And that said, I'll choose the Organic half-brick of Snackers. Spreadsheet updated.

I'll PM Albendon - now on the clock!
AKA "The Card Guy"

Albendon

Unread post by Albendon »

OK, wow, that was a nice inbox!

If still available, I've been wanting to get my hands on these for a while, and as in the EU they will be cheaper to ship then from the USA.

[✔] Gonzalo

1 x Artisans Luxury Edition Box Set
2 x Artisans (White Edition)
2 x Artisans (Black Edition)

Costs of International shipping from Spain will be split with the winning recipient. Pics of donation can be viewed here.[/size]

Thanks Gonzalo!

Ben (Albendon/Testament)
scottbre

Unread post by scottbre »

Albendon wrote:OK, wow, that was a nice inbox!

If still available, I've been wanting to get my hands on these for a while, and as in the EU they will be cheaper to ship then from the USA.

[✔] Gonzalo

1 x Artisans Luxury Edition Box Set
2 x Artisans (White Edition)
2 x Artisans (Black Edition)

Costs of International shipping from Spain will be split with the winning recipient. Pics of donation can be viewed here.[/size]

Thanks Gonzalo!

Ben (Albendon/Testament)
I updated the spreadsheet for you. Please be sure to PM hawk199 to let him know it's his turn and for him to PM the next person after he's announced his pick.
https://www.portfolio52.com/profile/19990/collection" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Albendon

Unread post by Albendon »

Done ;)
KingfisherZero

Anyone have suggestions on who to reach out to for Organic Playing Cards? I tried Insta and whoever answered...didn't seem to know anything about the prize. Any guidance would be helpful and appreciated!
AKA "The Card Guy"

guru
✔ VERIFIED Designer
✔ VERIFIED Designer

Unread post by guru »

KingfisherZero wrote:Anyone have suggestions on who to reach out to for Organic Playing Cards? I tried Insta and whoever answered...didn't seem to know anything about the prize. Any guidance would be helpful and appreciated!
Yes, you would need to search for Organic Playing Cards in UC as I think I have seen quite a few threads. I am typing on mobile or else would have helped you in getting to the contact behind Organic or at least point you in the right direction.
sinjin7
Decks Owned: 1500

Unread post by sinjin7 »

shkorc wrote:Wow this is getting really messy. Doubt anyone is enjoying this.

If PipChick is too busy with real life, I think some official coordination from another mod would be really appreciated? :)

Thank you!
I second this sentiment. I have to think other mods have the ability to update this thread and show which prizes have been picked and which prizes are still available. Thank goodness we have that spread sheet at least. And if for some reason only PipChick has access to the DotY threads, I'm sure Mike could give access to the other mods so we can move this final process along and put a quick and clean end to what is probably the best DotY contest we've had yet.