Post #2020 - The glorious NFL-thread

Off-topic randomness, anything goes. Keep it PG-13.
Harvonsgard
Cardist: Yes
Player: Yes
White Whale: Your Mami
Decks Owned: 420

Post #2020 - The glorious NFL-thread

Unread post by Harvonsgard »

Since the regular season is in the books and the play-offs start plus the post number fitting the year, it is nice to open a little NFL lounge here. Dunno if we have a lot of Football folks in here, but we'll see :) .

Play-off predictions for the wildcard round are:

Texans will upset the Bills
Titans will defeat the Patriots in a close game
Saints will beat the Vikings
And I'm not sure about this one, but my bet would be on the Seahawks (no, I'm not catering to Bacon here, LOL) moving on to the next round.
You want to reclaim your mind and get it out of the hands of the cultural engineers who want to turn you into a half-baked moron consuming all this trash that’s being manufactured out of the bones of a dying world.

avatar credit: 𝔗π”₯𝔒 𝔄𝔰𝔱𝔯𝔬π”ͺπ”žπ”«π” π”’π”― by Gands the Scholar @g_a_n_d_s_

rousselle wrote: ↑Mon Jun 14, 2021 4:52 pmI very much want this in my collection, but at long last... I have to stop the insanity.
flyers3003
Collector: Yes
White Whale: Original Rarebit

Re: Post #2020 - The glorious NFL-thread

Unread post by flyers3003 »

Harvonsgard wrote:
Texans will upset the Bills
The Texans are actually favored to win that game so it would not be an upset.

My picks:
Bills defense keeps it close allowing them to escape with the upset win
Patriots are down this year, but will still find a way to win in the 1st round
I'm an Eagles fan, but I don't expect anything from them - Seattle wins (early congrats Bacon).
BaconWise
White Whale: Gold Arabesque
Decks Owned: 225

Unread post by BaconWise »

I am loving the predictions so far, lol.

- The Eagles can be slippery so it will be another nail-biter for me as we fight another bird bro. There was a phrase I read a few weeks ago that fits us so well this season: "Clutching a nail-biter from the jaws of a blowout" We have played really well on the road, so I have high hopes and my heart is already pounding just thinking about the game.

- I don't see the Pats falling in the WC round, even considering the late surge from Tannehill & Co. It is fun to see the Pats have to play in one, considering they have skipped the WC round since 2009. Unbelievable, really.

- Bills/Texans is too close to call for me. I like both teams and I think it is a pretty even matchup so get your popcorn ready.

- The Vikings have closed the season really well - especially Kirk "Kissing" Cousins (not sure if that's a thing). However, I don't see the Saints falling in the WC round. Another close game.
"But why male models?"

Curio Playing Cards

Web: www.curioplayingcards.com
Instagram: @curio_playingcards
Facebook: Curio Playing Cards
Harvonsgard

flyers3003 wrote:The Texans are actually favored to win that game so it would not be an upset.
My bad. I thought to upset just is synonymous with to beat someone. Noted, it is only an upset if the underdog wins. Like the Eagles did upset the Patriots in SB LII.
flyers3003 wrote:My picks:
Bills defense keeps it close allowing them to escape with the upset win
Patriots are down this year, but will still find a way to win in the 1st round
I'm an Eagles fan, but I don't expect anything from them - Seattle wins (early congrats Bacon).
All reasonable and realistic but I don't really think the Bills can pull it off. I don't see the Texans as a huge favorite, but I think they have the offensive edge to advance to the next round.
Yah, Patriots... I guess my prediction there is a bit of a wish mixed in, lol.
BaconWise wrote:I don't see the Pats falling in the WC round, even considering the late surge from Tannehill & Co. It is fun to see the Pats have to play in one, considering they have skipped the WC round since 2009. Unbelievable, really.
"From the first breath, everything faces death" - Every dynasty falls one day and it seems like this day has come for the Patriots. It's not that the Patriots are that bad, but it seems like the league has just moved on.
The Pats are still somehow possible to pull off a surprise, even winning the SB - it wouldn't surprise me. That said, I don't think a win against the Titans would be a surprise. I just think (wish, expect) that the Titans are more motivated and that they'll take this w.
You want to reclaim your mind and get it out of the hands of the cultural engineers who want to turn you into a half-baked moron consuming all this trash that’s being manufactured out of the bones of a dying world.

avatar credit: 𝔗π”₯𝔒 𝔄𝔰𝔱𝔯𝔬π”ͺπ”žπ”«π” π”’π”― by Gands the Scholar @g_a_n_d_s_

rousselle wrote: ↑Mon Jun 14, 2021 4:52 pmI very much want this in my collection, but at long last... I have to stop the insanity.
BaconWise

shiroo wrote:That said, I don't think a win against the Titans would be a surprise. I just think (wish, expect) that the Titans are more motivated and that they'll take this w.
I would love for the Titans to be a Cinderalla story this year. There would be much rejoicing in the land if the Pats went down. Not only because they are a perennial playoff team and fans are getting bored of them, but because it would be seen as karma for another sketchy cheating tactic brought to the light. Fingers crossed. Toes crossed. Then legs and arms crossed.
"But why male models?"

Curio Playing Cards

Harvonsgard

LOL... why did you switch my username back in the quote? :lol: :lol:

BaconWise

shiroo wrote:LOL... why did you switch my username back in the quote? :lol: :lol:
I have done that a couple of times in the last several months. I'm glad you noticed! :lol: Just having some fun
"But why male models?"

Curio Playing Cards

Harvonsgard

BaconWise wrote:I have done that a couple of times in the last several months. I'm glad you noticed! :lol: Just having some fun
I might have realized it once before but didn't pay further attention :D
It still leaves me with the question:

:lol: :lol:

Harvonsgard

One in the books, one to go.
What a stupid call from Bill O'Brian to not settle for the field goal in the regular time. Couldn't believe it. But thanks to that it was pretty suspence at the end :D . X-factor decided the game. Unfortunate for the Bills.
Fingers crossed that my second prediction will be correct as well.

EDIT: 2nd in the books as planned. Will be an interesting and nice AFC final Ravens vs. Chiefs.

flyers3003
White Whale: Original Rarebit

Unread post by flyers3003 »

Congrats on getting both right. Both games were close. I thought Buffalo had the 1st, but couldn't pull it out. I was not upset to see the Patriots knocked out. I still don't see either of the winners beating Baltimore or KC.
Harvonsgard

Kind of ironic that I missed the prediction were I was the most comfortable with. Brees is just not a play-off QB. I should have know. The Vikings D was A+. I was so happy for Hill that he made incredible plays, love that guy.

Yah, a pity that the Bills did kinda choke a bit in the 2nd half. I would have loved to see them advancing. But the X-factor was exactly why I was thinking Texans will take this close one.
Agreed on the AFC final, surprises are always possible, but it would be a hell of a surprise to not see Chiefs vs. Ravens there.

EDIT: Kind of a mediocre game at the end. Like expected no surprise coming from the Eagles this time. At least they've put on a good fight.
I'm looking forward to see Seahawks at Lambeau. I would tend to say Seahawks have the edge since A-Rod is replaced by an okay-ish clone of his former self but who knows. Maybe he is the one out of the three (He and Brees, Brady) that silences the critics with an A+ performance. I doubt it though.

Vikings D is solid and capable of winning at SF with a performance from Kirk like today but I still see SF with a slight edge.

So TL;DR: AFC Finals will be Chiefs vs. Ravens and NFC Finals will be Seahawks vs. 49ers.

Harvonsgard

Holy Smokes... I guess now I know what an upset win is. Kudos to the Titans for pulling it off twice.

joeblow

Unread post by joeblow »

I had a small bet on 4 teams before the season (seattle, new orleans, baltimore, tennesse) so I'm riding my last survivor. Go Titans.
Harvonsgard

I think I'll root for them, too. I like Henry's running style a lot. But I don't have any real involvment in the post season anymore. As a Cardinals and Beastmode fan my options are exhausted :D. I just hope the remaining games are good, not like the last Super Bowl, which was a horrible watch and the first SB I didn't watch until the end.

My guess for SB LIV is Chiefs vs. 49ers though.

Harvonsgard

Harvonsgard wrote:My guess for SB LIV is Chiefs vs. 49ers though.
Patting my back here for stating the obvious :D .

Good games though. I just finished watching the highlights since I couldn't watch live. Dunno what's wrong with Rodgers. I laughed so hard both times because my guts told me both times "this is a pick" when he released the ball. Mediocre game from Green Bay. I certainly would have loved to watch the Seahawks taking on SF. Althought to be honest the result most definetly would have been the same.

Would have loved to see the Titans beat the Chiefs as well. As much as I love flashy, spectacular, air raid-like football - I love pounding the ball with a physical run game even more. Nonetheless well deserved by the Chiefs. It was defintly great watching Sammy making some spectacular plays; always loved him since his time in Buffalo.

Looks like a promising match-up for the Super Bowl. Might become a similar fire work like SB LII. I certainly hope for it. As much as it will upset my goodboi Bacon, I predict that the 49ers get the Lombardi trophy. The Chiefs always start too slow and I don't think if San Fransisco has a good lead that they'll blow it in oppostion to the Titans or Texans. I see them as the more well rounded team as well. But it'll be close though and if Patrcik Mahomes taught us one thing, it is that one should never underestimate the firepower of the Chiefs offense.

BaconWise

As much as it pains me, I think the 49ers have the edge. Mainly because of Mostert and the versatility and blocking prowess of Juszczyk. 49ers wouldn't win an air raid battle against the Chiefs, even with Samuel, Sanders, and Kittle. I think if they pound the ball on the ground like against the Packers, they will keep that magic man, Mahomes, off the field for long enough to squeak out a 3-point win. Despite it being the 49ers, I am excited to see a great matchup and both teams deserve the win. I may have thrown up in my mouth a little, but I am truly amazed at how good SF has been this year. Dammit.
"But why male models?"

Curio Playing Cards

Harvonsgard

BaconWise wrote:49ers wouldn't win an air raid battle against the Chiefs, ...
Not a chance. Mahomes and Hill alone would rip them apart. Plus Sammy Watkins and Kelce :lol: !
As you said, they're going to pound with Mostert and go from their. Nick Bosa will be pretty hungry as well.

Harvonsgard

Any thoughts on the new play-off plans?

Harvonsgard

Happy Wild Card weekend. Short reminder; Buffalo Bills fans are the best πŸ˜†

104355BF-1391-43FE-B482-6917372B5BCD.png

GandalfTheWhite
Decks Owned: 56

Unread post by GandalfTheWhite »

Tomorrow's games are more exciting. Ravens fan here! Baltimore is my hood ;) Hoping they do not choke. Ravens vs Steelers before the Superbowl would be epic :)
Harvonsgard

Definitely a fun franchise to watch atm with Lamar "Madden in real life" Jackson. And I always liked them, too. Ray Lewis times were always great.

As a Cardinals fan I always have the luxury to be free to pick a team to root for in the play-offs πŸ˜‚.
Bills, Titans, Ravens, Packers, Bucs would be fun to see succeed for various reasons.
I'd say we see the Chiefs against the Packers in the Super Bowl though.

BaconWise

No horse in the race for me anymore, though my horse never got off the trailer today. Pretty embarrassing, if I'm being honest.

That being said, I would love to see the Bills play on the big stage this year against the Saints, perhaps. We shall see! At least I will be watching stress-free playoffs.
"But why male models?"

Curio Playing Cards

rousselle
Site Admin
Site Admin
Magician: Yes

Unread post by rousselle »

I've lived in the Seattle area for most of my adult life (with about a decade in Boston and a year in Philly), but I grew up in Buffalo, and I gotta say, this is the most exciting year for the Bills since Doug Flutie took them to the playoffs (and then the idiots in charge wouldn't let him lead the team *in* the playoffs. I'm still bitter about that.)

If the Bills don't make it to the Super Bowl this year (and they really might!), they definitely will within the next couple years. This team has all the magic of the 1988 Buffalo Bills, which *almost* made it to the big game, and was obviously poised for greatness. This team is really coming together.

Let's go, Buffalo!

PS: Harvonsgard, you know it!
This space intentionally left blank.
Harvonsgard

Wildcard weekend in the books. No real surprises of you ask me, except for the Seahawks maybe but they were kinda weird all season. Same as the Cardinals or Steelers this year if you ask me, they won games but never felt convincing.
Ravens vs. Titans was dope to watch. Can't wait for Ravens vs. Bills now.
Rams vs. Packers will ve definitely interesting.
Bucs vs. Saints??? What do you guys think? Will the Saints still own the Bucs like they did twice this season or will it become the game everyone hopes it could be? πŸ€”
Browns are in a tough spot now. I don't think they'll win but I sincerely wouldn't be surprised if they pull off an upset win.

BaconWise

Harvonsgard wrote: ↑Mon Jan 11, 2021 3:45 pm Wildcard weekend in the books. No real surprises of you ask me, except for the Seahawks maybe but they were kinda weird all season. Same as the Cardinals or Steelers this year if you ask me, they won games but never felt convincing.
Ravens vs. Titans was dope to watch. Can't wait for Ravens vs. Bills now.
Rams vs. Packers will ve definitely interesting.
Bucs vs. Saints??? What do you guys think? Will the Saints still own the Bucs like they did twice this season or will it become the game everyone hopes it could be? πŸ€”
Browns are in a tough spot now. I don't think they'll win but I sincerely wouldn't be surprised if they pull off an upset win.
- I am really looking forward to the Ravens/Bills game. Much like the Bills/Colts game, it's a shame to see one of these great teams will be done this weekend. BILLS
- I will root for the Rams ONCE, mainly because I am tired of the Packers, despite Rodgers being his amazing self. That being said, I just don't see an upset in the cards. PACKERS
- Huge props to the Browns for not only granting my revenge wish that the Steelers be eliminated, but for breaking a loooooong streak of not having a playoff win. Kudos, and it would seem they may be in upset mode if they can find a good balance again. It would also take the Chiefs making some huge mistakes, which just isn't Andy Reid's style. CHIEFS
- The Saints/Bucs game will be great football, much like the Ravens/Bills matchup. I don't see the Dorian Gray of football leading his team past a stout Saints team, though. SAINTS
"But why male models?"

Curio Playing Cards

Daisho
White Whale: Six Foot Five Green
Decks Owned: 1100

Unread post by Daisho »

I was born and raised in Jacksonville. There was a huge Steelers fan base, for some reason, in the late 80's early 90's, until the Jaguars came along. I was in middle school at that time, and have been a Jags fan since day 1. It's been rough the last few years, especially a few years back when we passed on Lamar in favor of... I honestly couldn't tell you. But Coughlin got what Coughlin wanted. Fortunately, a buddy of mine is a Raven's fan, so I jumped on that bandwagon a few years ago. Jags will always be my favorite team, with Ravens a near and dear second.

Although the Jags barely missed the playoffs this season, by about 10 games or so, we are as excited as anyone could expect us to be about Trevor. My only issue with him is his mustache game. Given the pantheon of mustaches that the Jaguars are known for, he might need to rethink showing up to practice with... that.
Attachments
mustache.jpg
This is me, though I really should update me.
Harvonsgard

So this is why you were rooting for the Jets this year 🀘🏿😝!

rousselle
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by rousselle »

Harvonsgard wrote: ↑Sat Jan 09, 2021 3:24 pm Short reminder; Buffalo Bills fans are the best πŸ˜†
As if to prove your point...

The Bills beat the Ravens, whose quarterback, Lamar Jackson, was injured during the game (concussion) and had to leave the game in order to recover.

Then, the Bills fans spontaneously donated to Jackson's well-known favorite charity...

...to the tune of over $150,000...

...in one day.

How's that for awesome?

https://www.si.com/nfl/2021/01/17/bills ... -donations
This space intentionally left blank.
Harvonsgard

Super awesome. I guess it's time for me to jump into a table now and get showered in ketchup and mustard.

joeblow

Unread post by joeblow »

Let's go Buffalo!