Last Active

If you'd like to see something new in the Playing Card Database post here.
(You never know - it might happen!)

Moderator: Playing Card DB Mod

justplaycards
Collector: Yes
Player: Yes
White Whale: Requiem Prototype 00
Decks Owned: 250

Last Active

Unread post by justplaycards »

Would it be possible to show when a user was last active?
It would be nice to see if someone your trying to contact has been on the site recently or their P52 account is laying dorment. I know you can guess sometimes by the latest decks that have been added. Some collectors though only collect older decks which mean this isn't possible.

Thanks... :D
hsbc
Cardist: Yes
White Whale: Grid 1 LE
Decks Owned: 1500

Re: Last Active

Unread post by hsbc »

If implemented please make this an option for users to opt in to or out of :D
P52DCIGUCr/m/52+J
Harvonsgard
White Whale: Your Mami
Decks Owned: 420

Unread post by Harvonsgard »

... and opt out should be default please.
You want to reclaim your mind and get it out of the hands of the cultural engineers who want to turn you into a half-baked moron consuming all this trash that’s being manufactured out of the bones of a dying world.

avatar credit: 𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔄𝔰𝔱𝔯𝔬𝔪𝔞𝔫𝔠𝔢𝔯 by Gands the Scholar @g_a_n_d_s_

rousselle wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 4:52 pmI very much want this in my collection, but at long last... I have to stop the insanity.
Adonael

Unread post by Adonael »

It would be practically pointless if it was default opt-out and defeat the entire purpose. The amount of people who would bother to specifically go change it would be minuscule. Not quite understanding the desire for that, obviously default opt-in, with the option to opt-out is what makes sense as those who would bother to opt-out would also be quite small. But if anyone is worried about being stalked(?), perhaps the information shown could be vague. Such as active within the last month showing simply as (recently active), three months (semi-recently active), six months (inactive), and year (dormant).
justplaycards

I think Adonael pretty much nailed this. I am not sure why you would want to opt out? Please educate me.

At the end of the day, I was just trying to make it easier for people wanting to trade some of their decks. If your account said "active in the last three months" that would be fine. Surely if you don't want people to find you, just don't have any decks in your trade section. :roll:
rousselle
Site Admin
Site Admin
Magician: Yes

Unread post by rousselle »

Most bulletin boards / forums, including this one, already have a "last logged on" feature. I'm not sure why this is seen as somehow needing to be protected information.

Not only has UC had this feature from the beginning, so has Kickstarter.

Why not just post the last day logged on?
This space intentionally left blank.
justplaycards

Basically anything that would denote, it's worth contacting this collector as there is a chance they might reply versus there literally is no point.
Harvonsgard
White Whale: Your Mami
Decks Owned: 420

Unread post by Harvonsgard »

rousselle wrote:I'm not sure why this is seen as somehow needing to be protected information.
The way I see it is that every information should be protected by default unless a user gives it consent. I‘m not going to write an essay about data and how it is collected and used, everything regarding this topic is out there. For starters, check citizenfour.
I know that especially younger people have a pretty laissez-faire attitude towards their data because they grow up with social media, but I for my part am picky about what happens with my personal data.
You want to reclaim your mind and get it out of the hands of the cultural engineers who want to turn you into a half-baked moron consuming all this trash that’s being manufactured out of the bones of a dying world.

avatar credit: 𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔄𝔰𝔱𝔯𝔬𝔪𝔞𝔫𝔠𝔢𝔯 by Gands the Scholar @g_a_n_d_s_

rousselle wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 4:52 pmI very much want this in my collection, but at long last... I have to stop the insanity.