Duplicate Entries

Having Trouble using the Playing Card Database? Post it here!

Moderator: Playing Card DB Mod

Magic Tapp
Collector: Yes
Decks Owned: 816

Duplicate Entries

Unread post by Magic Tapp »

I am not certain what I am doing wrong here but my P52 collection is full of duplicate decks (as in the same decks being shown twice and calculated twice in the overall deck count). What am I doing wrong here?
robcan0630
Player: Yes

Re: Duplicate Entries

Unread post by robcan0630 »

This is something I'm actually currently working on. I've not yet determined for certain how they are getting created, but from looking at the dates, I think maybe it's happening when you add multiple quantities to your collection, tradelist, or wishlist and the add button is clicked consecutively multiple times quickly so the second request is being processed at the same time the first request is being processed and both requests think they are the first instance. It could also happen if you hit the add button for collection and tradelist quickly one after the other. The cleanup process for these is completely manual though, so it will take me a little bit of time to get them all purged. Once the cleanup is complete, I do have a plan to keep them from being able to re-occur, but I have to get the existing ones fixed before I can implement it. I'll update here when the cleanup is complete so people can report if they are still seeing issues. Thanks.
Magic Tapp
Decks Owned: 816

Unread post by Magic Tapp »

Thanks - that is helpful to know. With respect to your comment on multiple clicks of the submit button, what I often do when adding decks is marking them as part of my collection and trade list at the same time and there is therefore only one ‘submit’ click.

If the solution is to mark them separately for the collection, trade list and wish list, then I will do that.

Thanks again.
robcan0630

Not necessarily separately, just not as quickly one after the other. Give it a few seconds to get the initial record committed is all. Once I get everything cleaned up, my plan is to implement some tweaks that will prevent duplicates from being possible in the future at all.
max
✔ VERIFIED Seller
✔ VERIFIED Seller

Unread post by max »

Hello!

I am spending lately a huge effort to add to PF52 different editions and versions from many decks (all have differences in tuck cases).

This effort includes scanning the tucks to make the differences evident and, in case the difference is in the bottom, I specify it in the description.

It also includes changing the description or even the name of the original deck to fit it with the reality.

Today I have discovered someone marked one of those decks (a variation of the Bicycle Tragic Royalty) as "Rejected" saying it is already in the database (and it is obviously wrong because both tuck cases are completely different) and I would like to know why and what I can do to avoid these situations. As a contributor myself, I assume the responsibility of any mistake but I would like to be sure there is not another one trashing hours of hard work (I would like, at least, being able to check those rejected decks to justify their existence).
Screenshot_1.jpg
Screenshot_1.jpg (46.27 KiB) Viewed 4197 times
Thanks!
Bradius
White Whale: I do not hunt whales
Decks Owned: 4129

Unread post by Bradius »

Duplicates don’t happen to me as much as they used to, but still happen. Most likely when I have multiples if the same deck, but I do have multiple entries even when I only Put in one. We also need a way to delete the extra entries in our collection. So far I haven’t found a way to delete them.
robcan0630

Bradius wrote:Duplicates don’t happen to me as much as they used to, but still happen. Most likely when I have multiples if the same deck, but I do have multiple entries even when I only Put in one. We also need a way to delete the extra entries in our collection. So far I haven’t found a way to delete them.
All existing duplicate entries should have been cleaned up a week or two ago and it should now be impossible for the system to create a duplicate entry. If you think you still have a duplicate, please let me know and I'll have a look at it. There was an issue previously where a sorting bug could cause it to look like there was a duplicate, but that should have beeen corrected as well several weeks ago.