Posting Pictures

Anything and everything related to PLAYING CARD projects on crowdfunding sites EXCEPT the threads about specific projects, which go in "New & Custom Decks"
Forum rules
Kickstarter "Hall of Shame" here: http://www.unitedcardists.com/viewtopic.php?f=37&t=4317" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
JackBrutusPenny

Posting Pictures

Unread post by JackBrutusPenny »

Hey All,

I'm getting more and more familiar with this forum and community - but there are a few issues I'm trying to still grasp and I couldn't work out the best place to post this but settled on here.

I currently have a deck Culturae Animalis of hand-drawn art cards, and taking the advice of this community I'm offering an upgrade in printer to EPCC but having already posted a while back, how does one help disseminate this news to the community other than adding a comment post to the end of the 2 week old post? I responded to a few other's comments in another thread and I hope it's appropriate but don't wish to come off as spammy. I just intend to let the community know I'm working with them to bring the campaign they want - with only 11 days to go.

Also, in order to show people the beautiful art of every (including all pips) card (that took over 6 months for me to illustrate), I have tried multiple times to post images but no matter what I do they are never accepted as it claims the file sizes are too large. Is there any workaround or perhaps am I used the wrong link/process for adding image files? Could someone walk me through how to add the image files to posts here?

Thank you for your help,

Jack Brutus Penny
Adonael

Re: Posting Pictures

Unread post by Adonael »

Probably wait for a mod to answer, but I'm pretty sure file size limit is 1mb per file, with a maximum of 4 per post. Workaround is to not add the images directly but host them externally and embed them in your post? I've seen posts with far more than 4 images that way.
MagikFingerz
Site Admin
Site Admin
Cardist: Yes
Collector: Yes
Player: Yes
Magician: Yes
White Whale: Sawdust and Delicious + uncuts

Unread post by MagikFingerz »

Adonael wrote:Probably wait for a mod to answer, but I'm pretty sure file size limit is 1mb per file, with a maximum of 4 per post. Workaround is to not add the images directly but host them externally and embed them in your post? I've seen posts with far more than 4 images that way.
I don't remember what the file size limit is, but yeah, this is correct. Best and easiest way to go about things is to upload images to your hosting site of choice (I personally tend to use imgur.com) and put the direct image URLs inside IMG tags found when writing a post here :)
- Tom

Check out my collection

My (abandoned and now severely outdated) Playing Card Wiki
hsbc
White Whale: Grid 1 LE
Decks Owned: 1500

Unread post by hsbc »

JackBrutusPenny wrote:how does one help disseminate this news to the community other than adding a comment post to the end of the 2 week old post? I responded to a few other's comments in another thread and I hope it's appropriate but don't wish to come off as spammy.
Yep, that's just how forums work :D (I prefer forums much more than /r/playing cards, you end up with dozens of posts about the same deck over and over) If you want, you can take the time to reply to lots of people in one single post, and I don't think that answering questions or providing new information would ever be considered spammy! But if you were just posting something like "Hey everyone my campaign is still going on!" every few days with nothing else, that might be annoying :ugthink:
P52DCIGUCr/m/52+J
JackBrutusPenny

hsbc wrote:
JackBrutusPenny wrote:how does one help disseminate this news to the community other than adding a comment post to the end of the 2 week old post? I responded to a few other's comments in another thread and I hope it's appropriate but don't wish to come off as spammy.
Yep, that's just how forums work :D (I prefer forums much more than /r/playing cards, you end up with dozens of posts about the same deck over and over) If you want, you can take the time to reply to lots of people in one single post, and I don't think that answering questions or providing new information would ever be considered spammy! But if you were just posting something like "Hey everyone my campaign is still going on!" every few days with nothing else, that might be annoying :ugthink:
Thanks for the reply, I do try to engage am I am interested in hearing the opinions and new topics within this community, despite the voice in the back of my head saying 'mention the campaign'. :shock:
JackBrutusPenny

MagikFingerz wrote:
Adonael wrote:Probably wait for a mod to answer, but I'm pretty sure file size limit is 1mb per file, with a maximum of 4 per post. Workaround is to not add the images directly but host them externally and embed them in your post? I've seen posts with far more than 4 images that way.
I don't remember what the file size limit is, but yeah, this is correct. Best and easiest way to go about things is to upload images to your hosting site of choice (I personally tend to use imgur.com) and put the direct image URLs inside IMG tags found when writing a post here :)
Thanks for the tips! Let's see if this technically illiterate mind can works its way through them!
JackBrutusPenny

Yeah, I just find that file size crushingly low for posting art? Thanks for the feedback and advice!
Bradius
White Whale: I do not hunt whales
Decks Owned: 4129

Unread post by Bradius »

Another option to get around the file size limit is to post it on your website or some other website and link it here using the Img tabs.

The Crazy Squirrel Deck Hunter - Hunt decks to extinction
JackBrutusPenny

Bradius wrote:Another option to get around the file size limit is to post it on your website or some other website and link it here using the Img tabs.

What do you put inside the image tabs if it is posted to a personal website page with multiple images and information on it? I'm afraid I don't fully understand the process you're describing but I think it would work for me.
Harvonsgard
White Whale: Your Mami
Decks Owned: 420

Unread post by Harvonsgard »

The direct link of the embedded image.
You want to reclaim your mind and get it out of the hands of the cultural engineers who want to turn you into a half-baked moron consuming all this trash that’s being manufactured out of the bones of a dying world.

avatar credit: 𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔄𝔰𝔱𝔯𝔬𝔪𝔞𝔫𝔠𝔢𝔯 by Gands the Scholar @g_a_n_d_s_

rousselle wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 4:52 pmI very much want this in my collection, but at long last... I have to stop the insanity.
hsbc
White Whale: Grid 1 LE
Decks Owned: 1500

Unread post by hsbc »

JackBrutusPenny wrote:What do you put inside the image tabs if it is posted to a personal website page with multiple images and information on it? I'm afraid I don't fully understand the process you're describing but I think it would work for me.
[ img ] direct-link-to-image.jpg [ /img ]

You'll have to link to each picture separately :D
P52DCIGUCr/m/52+J
JackBrutusPenny

hsbc wrote:
JackBrutusPenny wrote:What do you put inside the image tabs if it is posted to a personal website page with multiple images and information on it? I'm afraid I don't fully understand the process you're describing but I think it would work for me.
[ img ] direct-link-to-image.jpg [ /img ]

You'll have to link to each picture separately :D
I see, thank you all!