Portfolio52 Facebook login not working

Having Trouble using the Playing Card Database? Post it here!

Moderator: Playing Card DB Mod

Räpylätassu
Collector: Yes
Player: Yes
White Whale: Black Palekh from 1937
Decks Owned: 700

Portfolio52 Facebook login not working

Unread post by Räpylätassu »

Facebook has detected that Portfolio52 isn't using a secure connection to transfer information.
Until Portfolio52 updates its security settings, you won't be able to use Facebook to log in to it.
Message displayed when trying to login in to Portfolio52 when using Facebook login. This needs to be fixed ASAP, I am currently not able to use Portfolio52 as I can't login to my account.
Left my heart in SIERRA MADRE

"Finding it... that's not the hard part. It's letting go."

"One makes a trip by day, but by night one sets out on a journey." -Moominmamma

I dream of a world where wars are fought only by having dance offs. I also dream that a Finnish playing card designer would exist. The former seems more likely to happend.

Money can't buy you happiness, but it can buy you a penguin. Have you ever met a sad person with a penguin?

Are lobsters mermaids to scorpions?

"I did not hit her, it's not true, it's bullsh*t, I did not hit her, I did naaaht! Oh hai Mark!"

MY TRADELIST

MY TOP 150 DECKS

MY PORTFOLIO52 PAGE
STLBluesNut

Re: Portfolio52 Facebook login not working

Unread post by STLBluesNut »

i am having this issue as well. when this is resolved is there a way to make my account a regular log in type account to prevent this in the future?
Räpylätassu
White Whale: Black Palekh from 1937
Decks Owned: 700

Unread post by Räpylätassu »

STLBluesNut wrote:i am having this issue as well. when this is resolved is there a way to make my account a regular log in type account to prevent this in the future?
I don't believe this issue is ever going to be resolved. Portfolio52 is kind of a mess, full of bugs, pain to use on mobile, no updates of any kind ever. It has a strong community adding decks to the database but so far Alex Chin has done nothing to upgrade it or fix any of the bugs that have been in it for years now.
Left my heart in SIERRA MADRE

"Finding it... that's not the hard part. It's letting go."

"One makes a trip by day, but by night one sets out on a journey." -Moominmamma

I dream of a world where wars are fought only by having dance offs. I also dream that a Finnish playing card designer would exist. The former seems more likely to happend.

Money can't buy you happiness, but it can buy you a penguin. Have you ever met a sad person with a penguin?

Are lobsters mermaids to scorpions?

"I did not hit her, it's not true, it's bullsh*t, I did not hit her, I did naaaht! Oh hai Mark!"

MY TRADELIST

MY TOP 150 DECKS

MY PORTFOLIO52 PAGE
STLBluesNut

Unread post by STLBluesNut »

Damn [emoji26]. Hopefully there will be a way that we could get regular log ins for our accounts then.

I would just be too disheartened to start another account and add all of my decks again.

Sent from my S10+ using Tapatalk
robcan0630

Unread post by robcan0630 »

Anyone know the best way to get in touch with Alex? I'd be happy to contribute some time to bug fixes and improvements. The sorting bug drives me crazy.

Also, for those with Facebook issues, there is a post from March 2018 that sounds like a way to change your account over to a local account maybe?

https://www.facebook.com/22154761467036 ... 752448240/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Harvonsgard
Cardist: Yes
White Whale: Your Mami
Decks Owned: 420

Unread post by Harvonsgard »

robcan0630 wrote:Anyone know the best way to get in touch with Alex? I'd be happy to contribute some time to bug fixes and improvements. The sorting bug drives me crazy.
I've never tried to contact him, but I've read that his facebook acc (dunno if via seasons or his own) is the best way to get a hold of him.
You want to reclaim your mind and get it out of the hands of the cultural engineers who want to turn you into a half-baked moron consuming all this trash that’s being manufactured out of the bones of a dying world.

avatar credit: 𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔄𝔰𝔱𝔯𝔬𝔪𝔞𝔫𝔠𝔢𝔯 by Gands the Scholar @g_a_n_d_s_

rousselle wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 4:52 pmI very much want this in my collection, but at long last... I have to stop the insanity.
IAmTheChin
✔ VERIFIED Designer
✔ VERIFIED Designer
Magician: Yes
Decks Owned: 300

Unread post by IAmTheChin »

Hi guys,

I completely agree that the site is aged. I'm completely out of element with coding and so it's been fairly patch work. I'm hoping that after this year's deck release I'll have enough money to do a complete site re-do which will be mobile friendly and address most of the bugs along with a more sustainable way to manage and grow the site like Wikipedia does.

I also know I say this every year but since the site is volunteer I finally realized I needed to take a more active approach to the site (hence why I haven't launched any decks earlier this year). Estimated roll out is for the new year in January.

The FB login would put up the message earlier because of their new security features on FB but would still go through. At some point last year it must have changed. I do apologize about this and again hope to get all this fixed. It's a lot of stress for a volunteer project but I'm hoping once I set it up it'll be able to run by itself again for a while. I have always used the e-mail log in but I know that some prefer the FB login so I'll be sure that's taken care of for the future.

If anyone ever has any issues or questions they can reach me directly at 'alex@seasonsplayingcards.com' or on FB.
Manage Your Collections with
http://www.Portfolio52.com

Every collection starts somewhere. Start your saga. Start with Seasons.
http://www.SeasonsPlayingCards.com
robcan0630

Thanks for following up, Alex. I sent you an email.
robcan0630

Facebook Login should now be working again. Let me know if you have any issues.