Site Feature Suggestions

Have questions or comments about the site?
BaconWise
Collector: Yes
Player: Yes
White Whale: Gold Arabesque
Decks Owned: 225

Site Feature Suggestions

Unread post by BaconWise »

Howdy UC Brethren (and Sisteren?)

After seeing Goatmang come on board and offer up coding skills, I was thinking about ways the site could be improved. I have been using UC for about 4 months now and I love this community and I like a lot of the features it has built-in to improve the experience. I had a couple of thoughts on future improvements for down the road:

- Nested Replies: I think it would be super useful to have any replies nested directly under the parent comment. This could go a long way to keep a thread less cluttered and make relevant responses more easily accessible.

- User Tagging w/ Notifications: The ability to tag a user by using @BaconWise (for example) in a comment could be very useful for a user to know when he or she has been mentioned and see the relevant trash talk or kudos being given. I am worried TwoPiece would need a large server just for his tags alone. Also, we could get a notification in our inbox whenever our tag is used.

- Quote Notifications: This feature wouldn't be needed if Nested Replies happens to be implemented. Basically, we get an inbox notification if one of our posts is quoted by another user. Then we can see the relevant trash talk or kudos being given :D

- Hide Threads: I think this could be useful to customize how a user interacts with UC. For example, I would love the ability to hide the cardistry/magic threads since they don't necessarily apply to me at the moment. Or, maybe my wallet is smoking from too much collecting, so I might want to hide the BUY/SELL thread to remove temptation for a while (like that would ever work, lol). Perhaps a way to hide/expand threads and save those settings so each login will remember your preferences?

- Improved Post Editor: Reddit recently updated their new site to include what they call the Fancy Pants Editor. It's basically a more streamlined interface that allows for easier text formatting and more simplified ways of embedding images, website, etc.

- PipChick Points: We can earn points from Amy that can be redeemed for personalized puns or pet names.

These are just some quick ideas I was thinking about recently. I think the biggest impact to quality of life would be Nested Replies and User Tagging and maybe the Improved Post Editor. What are your thoughts?? I know a lot of these will be impossible from a coding standpoint or perhaps not? In any case, I love my experience so far, so if none of these changes happen, I will still be around. Sorry. Cheers, homies.
"But why male models?"

Curio Playing Cards

Web: www.curioplayingcards.com
Instagram: @curio_playingcards
Facebook: Curio Playing Cards
hsbc
Cardist: Yes
White Whale: Grid 1 LE
Decks Owned: 1500

Re: Site Feature Suggestions

Unread post by hsbc »

If I had to venture a guess I'd say that UC runs on phpBB :D

I don't have any firsthand experience with it but there are extensions available - some of your ideas should be able to be implemented that way (e.g. post editor, notifications, hiding threads) Nested replies, though, a la reddit, sort of go against the entire layout and structure of a forum like this and would probably be more difficult. PipChick Points would fall somewhere in between, maybe there's a points extension that someone could go into and edit the text or something??
P52DCIGUCr/m/52+J
BaconWise
White Whale: Gold Arabesque
Decks Owned: 225

Unread post by BaconWise »

hsbc wrote:If I had to venture a guess I'd say that UC runs on phpBB :D
what2.gif
what2.gif (817.95 KiB) Viewed 5425 times
"But why male models?"

Curio Playing Cards

Web: www.curioplayingcards.com
Instagram: @curio_playingcards
Facebook: Curio Playing Cards
hsbc
Cardist: Yes
White Whale: Grid 1 LE
Decks Owned: 1500

Unread post by hsbc »

P52DCIGUCr/m/52+J
theCapraAegagrus

Unread post by theCapraAegagrus »

BaconWise wrote:
hsbc wrote:If I had to venture a guess I'd say that UC runs on phpBB :D
what2.gif
:lol: :lol:

:ucstar: :ucstar: :ucstar: :ucstar: :ucstar:
rousselle wrote:You are a fussy, picky guy.
Lotrek wrote:Given the number of morons produced in the world every day, a pessimist is actually a well informed realist.
Räpylätassu wrote:"Tyhmyydestä sakotetaan." You get fined for being stupid.
♥ ♦ Portfolio 52 Pro ♣ ♠