[Timmargh] My collection so far

Members are welcome and encouraged to "Show Their Cards" here. Don't be bashful!
Forum rules
  1. Make a new thread. Be sure to put your username in square brackets [] at the beginning of the title.

2. Write a small (or big, if you want) introduction about you, your collection and your collecting habits.

3. Post as many pictures of your decks as you want in your thread, with or without descriptions.
    (But please refrain from posting pictures of your collection in someone else's thread.)

4. Have fun with it, be creative, and check out other users' threads as well :)

Timmargh
Collector: Yes
Player: Yes
White Whale: Cartes Indiennes green back

Unread post by Timmargh »

Whilst having a bit of a clear-out I took the opportunity to lay all my decks out on the bed and take a picture. We were pressed for time so I apologise for the haphazard organisation. I intend to take some better photos of various sets at a later date. (I have FSH muscular dystrophy and live in a neurological centre so I can only do things like this during my 1-to-1 time each week, which I usually spend in Costa or at the cinema. :D )

Anyway, here's the lot:

And here's the beginnings of the display I'm setting up:

I have a bunch of carat cases and a cabinet on their way to me which I intend to set up on other shelves and my table; I'll post more photos later.

As you can see, most of my decks are pretty standard, but please feel free to ask any questions. Thanks for taking a look.
Bradius
White Whale: I do not hunt whales
Decks Owned: 4129

Re: [Timmargh] My collection so far (wap)

Unread post by Bradius »

Thanks for sharing. It is a nice collection.
The Crazy Squirrel Deck Hunter - Hunt decks to extinction
PipChick
White Whale: StrangeLove + Italian Cats
Decks Owned: 200

Re: [Timmargh] My collection so far

Unread post by PipChick »

wow! You've got quite a few gems in your collection there! and, now that you've finally managed to add that awesome Omnia Suprema deck you had been after (and at an unbelievably great deal too I might add lol - congrats!), it looks like you have most, if not all, of Gio's decks - which series would you say is your favorite or the one you're most drawn to/find the most interesting??
Timmargh

PipChick wrote:wow! You've got quite a few gems in your collection there! and, now that you've finally managed to add that awesome Omnia Suprema deck you had been after (and at an unbelievably great deal too I might add lol - congrats!), it looks like you have most, if not all, of Gio's decks - which series would you say is your favorite or the one you're most drawn to/find the most interesting??
Yeah, I think the only decks of Giovanni's I don't own are Delirium Prism, Evil Deck, and Dedalo Omega; I haven't been collecting the Dedalos specifically, but got Alpha and Apeiron as mystery decks.

I'm still pinching myself over the Suprema deal. I guess I was due some good karma. :D

My favourite series that Giovanni has made is definitely Omnia, both versions; it's one of the sets that got me into collecting and my quest for the elusive Suprema cemented the Omnias in my favourites.
STLBluesNut

Unread post by STLBluesNut »

You can find great deals on Ebay for the delirium prism deck from time to time. When I got mine I found it for $20, list on Gio site for $100.

There are currently 2 listings under $19 shipped.

Sent from my Galaxy 8 using Tapatalk
Timmargh

Thanks for the pointer.
Timmargh

I did a bit more towards organising my collection and put all the sets together so I could decide which ones to out into my 3x, 4x and 6x carat cases.

Once I've cleared some more space on my table and shelves I'll set the cases up and take a few more pictures.
STLBluesNut

Unread post by STLBluesNut »

Timmargh wrote:I did a bit more towards organising my collection and put all the sets together so I could decide which ones to out into my 3x, 4x and 6x carat cases.

Once I've cleared some more space on my table and shelves I'll set the cases up and take a few more pictures.
Wow! Very nice collection there. It will be cool to see it set up and displayed.

Sent from my Galaxy 8 using Tapatalk
Timmargh

STLBluesNut wrote:Wow! Very nice collection there. It will be cool to see it set up and displayed.
Thanks. I've got a wooden cabinet from the recent TCC Kickstarter campaign on the way, a wooden single-deck stand and a bunch of multi-deck carat cases to organise. Space is somewhat limited (I have a single room in a neurological centre), but I might ask the maintenance guy if he can put a shelf or two up for me.
PipChick
White Whale: StrangeLove + Italian Cats
Decks Owned: 200

Unread post by PipChick »

Timmargh wrote:I'm still pinching myself over the Suprema deal. I guess I was due some good karma. :D
lol, yea I think you def won 'best deal of the year' with not only finding that deck but also getting it at such an unbelievable price! still psyched for ya lol
Timmargh wrote:
STLBluesNut wrote:Wow! Very nice collection there. It will be cool to see it set up and displayed.
Thanks. I've got a wooden cabinet from the recent TCC Kickstarter campaign on the way, a wooden single-deck stand and a bunch of multi-deck carat cases to organise. Space is somewhat limited (I have a single room in a neurological centre), but I might ask the maintenance guy if he can put a shelf or two up for me.
btw, is this the TCC cabinet you're talking about?? My only qualm (and reason for not backing) is that it only fits 15 decks... :? with your collection, how are you gunna decide which get cabinet space? It's nice, but I just wish it was bigger. But then again, I've also seen others post about finding and using old-school cassette holders from thrift shops and those look like they could be a good storage solution too as the slots are roughly the same size. Anyways, let us know what you think of the TCC cabinet when you get it - it looks like they just started shipping out so it should be coming to you soon. And, of course, more pics!!! :D lol
Timmargh

PipChick wrote:btw, is this the TCC cabinet you're talking about?? My only qualm (and reason for not backing) is that it only fits 15 decks... :? with your collection, how are you gunna decide which get cabinet space? It's nice, but I just wish it was bigger. But then again, I've also seen others post about finding and using old-school cassette holders from thrift shops and those look like they could be a good storage solution too as the slots are roughly the same size. Anyways, let us know what you think of the TCC cabinet when you get it - it looks like they just started shipping out so it should be coming to you soon. And, of course, more pics!!! :D lol
That's the badger! I think I'll put my shiniest/prettiest decks in there as they're the ones people seem most interested in. (When I first started collecting my friends, family and carers were like "Tim ... really?!" But when they actually started paying attention to the decks themselves their collective attitudes changed to "Holy shit! I had no idea there were such amazing cards out there.")

And of course I'll add some more pictures. ;)
Timmargh

The newest edition to my collection is my personalised NEO:Wave Sunrise deck from Montenzi.

It will hold a special place in my collection forevermore.
Bradius

Unread post by Bradius »

That is about as exclusive as they come. It was an awesome prize by Montenzi. It definitely would be a shining star in any collection, but especially yours since it was specifically produced for you.
montenzi
✔ VERIFIED Designer
✔ VERIFIED Designer

Unread post by montenzi »

Bradius wrote:That is about as exclusive as they come. It was an awesome prize by Montenzi. It definitely would be a shining star in any collection, but especially yours since it was specifically produced for you.
True! But for records, Tim won the rights to buy, so it was a "commercial" deal, not a gift. I offered something different as a gift as I was busy at that moment, but he decided to wait and print this deck!!! :ugdance:

Nice photos, Tim! :drool: Looks cool, especially for me as I did not print this deck for myself.
Timmargh

montenzi wrote:I offered something different as a gift as I was busy at that moment, but he decided to wait and print this deck!!! :ugdance:
It was a very generous offer, but owning the deck was far too much to resist. :)
hsbc
Cardist: Yes
White Whale: Grid 1 LE
Decks Owned: 1500

Unread post by hsbc »

I really love one-off decks like this, I don't think it matters at all that it's from MPC when it's so clearly about the exclusivity rather than handling - aside from montenzi the only other creator I know who's done the same thing is Luke Wadey, is there anyone else?

(And don't you also have one of those "first backer" decks he made? :lol: )
P52DCIGUCr/m/52+J
Timmargh

hsbc wrote:(And don't you also have one of those "first backer" decks he made? :lol: )
I do - I was backer #1 on the Grid Series One campaign. :ugdance: I was #2 on Series Three (damn you, ApplePay!) but had no idea about the exclusive decks he was planning so I was glad that someone else got it instead; I would've felt a bit greedy having two of them.
Bradius

Re: [Timmargh] My collection so far (wap)

Unread post by Bradius »

Timmargh dies and meets Saint Peter at the pearly gates. As Timmargh is about to go through the gates Saint Peter tells him to stop and take off his socks. Timmargh had stuffed a deck in each sock. He sadly handed them to Saint Peter and said it was worth a shot.
hsbc

Unread post by hsbc »

If heaven won't let me in with my cards then I'll start looking for an elevator down..... :twisted:
P52DCIGUCr/m/52+J
Timmargh

Bradius wrote:Timmargh dies and meets Saint Peter at the pearly gates. As Timmargh is about to go through the gates Saint Peter tells him to stop and take off his socks. Timmargh had stuffed a deck in each sock. He sadly handed them to Saint Peter and said it was worth a shot.
Luckily, he didn't check my pants. ;)
Timmargh

I think the venerable Omnia series has finally been ousted as my favourite decks by Gio; these are so beautiful, and I haven't even looked at the cards yet.

Kurama
Decks Owned: 290

Unread post by Kurama »

hsbc wrote:If heaven won't let me in with my cards then I'll start looking for an elevator down..... :twisted:
My thoughts exactly... :twisted:

Very nice collection indeed Tim. Thx for sharing. I'm less jealous of your monolith series now... 8-) I agree that the tuckcases are marvelous!
And the cards... :drool:
https://www.portfolio52.com/profile/17634" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
hsbc

Unread post by hsbc »

You've got to open the Monoliths!!!
P52DCIGUCr/m/52+J
Bradius

Unread post by Bradius »

Okay, I admit I haven't opened the Gold Monolith decks, but you really do need to fondle the Black Monolith deck at least.

Unleash the Kraken!
portcullis
Decks Owned: 440

Unread post by portcullis »

hsbc wrote:If heaven won't let me in with my cards then I'll start looking for an elevator down..... :twisted:
At least you'll have the pick of the best lawyers to argue a case, hsbc!

Tim, in the "more organised" photo, what's in the top right corner?

I really should do something like this, but finding the space to photograph ~250 decks in a single shot is ... I've got some time off coming, maybe I will organise it.

A lot of these decks are familiar to me. One of the great things about a community like this is a lot of us can like similar things, but there's always something weird thrown in.

I've got a signed red Damask, but that's as 'personalised' as I get.

I'm just giggling to myself here. Gio once showed me a photo of his bookshelf of "leftover" decks.

Is that (4x Omnia Supreme) what I think it is?

Yes, and they're the only decks in this shelf I won't sell you!
Timmargh

portcullis wrote:Tim, in the "more organised" photo, what's in the top right corner?
A pair of Lorenzo's No. 17 Le Chat Rouges and an unbranded No. 17 v2.
BaconWise
White Whale: Gold Arabesque
Decks Owned: 225

Unread post by BaconWise »

Timmargh wrote:
portcullis wrote:Tim, in the "more organised" photo, what's in the top right corner?
A pair of Lorenzo's No. 17 Le Chat Rouges and an unbranded No. 17 v2.
I just got my hands on a Le Chat Rouge deck and I am so impressed. Lorenzo is a real gem. You have some great taste and your collection is incredible. You and I have lots of overlap. Thanks for sharing it! I have the following on my wishlist:

- Omnia Series
- Culminus Pair
- Muertos Series (I have Black & Celebration)
- Damask Pair (Not in a rush. Those are damned expensive)
- Grid Series (I have V1 and V3 Mono)
- Into the Weird

There are a lots more so keep up the collecting and I will see you around, homie.
"But why male models?"

Curio Playing Cards

Web: www.curioplayingcards.com
Instagram: @curio_playingcards
Facebook: Curio Playing Cards
portcullis
Decks Owned: 440

Unread post by portcullis »

Timmargh wrote: A pair of Lorenzo's No. 17 Le Chat Rouges and an unbranded No. 17 v2.
Adds that to the wishlist.
Timmargh

I have messaged you both regarding these decks you've mentioned. ;)
JCBoxall

Unread post by JCBoxall »

what is the darker red jetsetter deck on the right? :?: :?: