The Corrupted by Wyrmwood (Produced by TGW)

Find out about the latest and greatest playing cards hitting the market.
Disenchanted_11

Re: The Corrupted by Wyrmwood (Produced by TGW)

Unread post by Disenchanted_11 »

Evilgamer wrote: Fri Nov 10, 2023 12:13 pm And for the shipping they definitely should have/should just reprocess the orders themselves and refund appropriately rather than ask people to contact them.
True. Asking people to contact them if they feel they were overcharged is not the right way to do it. But I guess the verification process needs to be a manual checking and the rates are different for every country. Also it looks like they were only thinking about ROW orders, but even US/Canadian backers have had some surprises with taxes. I imagine asking thier providers to verify 2500 orders isn't feasible.

And on a business perspective, they wouldn't issue refunds if a customer/lawsuit didn't ask for it. :lol:
CCwonder

Unread post by CCwonder »

Evilgamer wrote: Fri Nov 10, 2023 12:13 pm Ok I’m all for flogging Wyrmwood when they screw up. But in both the case of that machine installer and the international fee plugin they hired someone to figure that out for them because they knew they didn’t know how to do it (and in the case of the machine it was running fine until someone who knew it better said “why are you going so slow?”

Now it’s completely fair to say they didn’t catch or fix either problem fast enough or communicate well about it. And for the shipping they definitely should have/should just reprocess the orders themselves and refund appropriately rather than ask people to contact them.
who is in charge of doing the hiring?
TheGentlemanWake
✔ VERIFIED Designer
✔ VERIFIED Designer
Collector: Yes
Decks Owned: 1000

Unread post by TheGentlemanWake »

Wjpc sent over gilded samples. As creative director is always intended for the decks to be gilded in black (with exception of prism deck). I hope wyrmwood won’t make stupid choices here because the deck looks phenomenal with black gilding. It’s one of the only reasons to choose wjpc over Cartamundi in my opinion. Cartamundi won’t do black gilding.
Attachments
F8D6CC25-4714-486B-8EB1-A06EDBE2EB0B.jpeg
6F353A34-50CC-406B-8C57-D9BDBD2BB5FA.jpeg
B2366682-B9EF-4194-A09A-6BA4E7F9E39A.jpeg
D9336D9E-6F9A-4DDD-9443-EFD619EC96DF.jpeg
For the best in playing cards related content:

https://www.wake.video/youtube
Evilgamer

Unread post by Evilgamer »

CCwonder wrote: Fri Nov 10, 2023 11:05 pm
Evilgamer wrote: Fri Nov 10, 2023 12:13 pm Ok I’m all for flogging Wyrmwood when they screw up. But in both the case of that machine installer and the international fee plugin they hired someone to figure that out for them because they knew they didn’t know how to do it (and in the case of the machine it was running fine until someone who knew it better said “why are you going so slow?”

Now it’s completely fair to say they didn’t catch or fix either problem fast enough or communicate well about it. And for the shipping they definitely should have/should just reprocess the orders themselves and refund appropriately rather than ask people to contact them.
who is in charge of doing the hiring?
If its like enterprise computers, when you buy equipment either the company you buy it from or the manufacturer of the equipment chooses who does the install work because its built into the purchase.

For the web site, could be them or could be whoever they hired to do the web site (which has always been a dumpster fire for them so....).
Evilgamer

TheGentlemanWake wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2023 10:23 am Wjpc sent over gilded samples. As creative director is always intended for the decks to be gilded in black (with exception of prism deck). I hope wyrmwood won’t make stupid choices here because the deck looks phenomenal with black gilding. It’s one of the only reasons to choose wjpc over Cartamundi in my opinion. Cartamundi won’t do black gilding.
I didn't even realize the decks were gilded...even in those pictures it just looks like the black card stock.

Im not opposed by any means (and WW didnt even mention the gilding...but doesnt say what color it is on the page either) unless you bring it to their attention I dont think they would even think to change it
CCwonder

Unread post by CCwonder »

Is WJPC gilding better/worse than Legends. (trying to gauge quality)
Fenrir
White Whale: No 17 Crown
Decks Owned: 475

Unread post by Fenrir »

Love the black gilding. I’m on the fence about my prism. Not sure if I should keep it.
Adamthinks
Player: Yes
Decks Owned: 500

Unread post by Adamthinks »

CCwonder wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2023 11:51 am Is WJPC gilding better/worse than Legends. (trying to gauge quality)
WJPC gilding is very high quality.
laitostarr777
Cardist: Yes
Magician: Yes
White Whale: 2019 NPCCD - KWP decks
Decks Owned: 200

Unread post by laitostarr777 »

Is it possible to backed out from a project when it is on their final 24 hours?
A furry who has a sona of a magician ;3
My collection - https://www.portfolio52.com/profile/16212/collection
Instagram - @laitostarr777
Fenrir
White Whale: No 17 Crown
Decks Owned: 475

Unread post by Fenrir »

laitostarr777 wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2023 7:29 pm Is it possible to backed out from a project when it is on their final 24 hours?
Yes as long as it doesn’t put them below funding.
laitostarr777

Well, I finally decided that I have backed away from the campaign… I’ve already given Wyrmwood the chance to quicklt fix the mess they made from Groundskeeper (I send them an email that they requested should I complain about the overcharging), yet they failed to do that - it took really long time to hear back from them, as if they are stalling. I am sorry to HAVE to do this, but I won’t repeat the same mistake twice.

Not sure will I feel relief or remorse about backing away:
Remorse: I will have to wait for a very long time for the decks to pop out in stores later, especially from TGW webstore where I planned to get it
Relief: AT LEAST i don’t have to deal with WW “bugged” website

Wyrmwood sympathizers may feel wronged for this, but I can’t just deal with them anymore… it makes me to believe that WW is just non-friendly for internationals. All that I can hope for is for Wake to never partnership with Wyrmwood ever again - just leave them be with the woodworks and such.
laitostarr777

Jeez... it took until when I gave them the farewell message for them to notice my plead to fix the mess -3-
Some team they are...
notice.png
notice.png (75.06 KiB) Viewed 2437 times
Evilgamer

from todays update
There will be special black gilding on the sides of the Twilight edition of the deck, with gold gilding on the Chaotic Night edition.

WJPC is the planned manufacturer for these cards, and they have exceeded our expectations so far. Provided they continue to deliver great results, and the new samples they're working on look great, we will be proceeding to place the card order with them.

We'll be working on getting a video of the NEW samples, once they arrive, to showcase all of the different finishes and gilding. We haven't done it based on the current samples, given they are already out of date. Ideally we'll have footage of the new samples for the next update, but they may arrive a bit later than that.

We will be offering large metal coins, as shown in a recent update. We've handled these, and they look - and feel - great. We estimate the price of these to be approximately $30 for a set of 3, though this pricing is not yet finalized. You'll be able to add these to your order when we open up the website to finalize and confirm your order, as discussed in our last update
also they put in a good plug for beetle backs
laitostarr777

Evilgamer wrote: Wed Nov 15, 2023 1:49 pm from todays update
There will be special black gilding on the sides of the Twilight edition of the deck, with gold gilding on the Chaotic Night edition.
Bruh… there goes one bad decision over there from Wyrmwood.
Wake shows how GOOD black gilding on the Chaotic Night, YET they decided to put it on the Twilight Edition, and vice versa.
Oh, HOW GREAT they are without the guidance of the creative director.
TheGentlemanWake
✔ VERIFIED Designer
✔ VERIFIED Designer
Decks Owned: 1000

Unread post by TheGentlemanWake »

TONIGHT at 8pm eastern, a conversation with Wyrmwood's Bobby D. Join us as we discuss all things wyrmwood and more. There's also a $100 giftcertificate giveaway too!

https://www.youtube.com/live/E1deH0uwTr ... QsvCWjExik
For the best in playing cards related content:

https://www.wake.video/youtube