Blind Tiger NPCCD 2022

Find out about the latest and greatest playing cards hitting the market.
Adamthinks
Collector: Yes
Player: Yes
Decks Owned: 500

Re: Blind Tiger NPCCD 2022

Unread post by Adamthinks »

Strag, I understand your perspective and it's valid. Still, there's nothing stopping this community from continuing to do its own DOTY awards.
Strag
White Whale: None
Decks Owned: 0

Unread post by Strag »

Completely agree
Timmargh
White Whale: Cartes Indiennes green back

Unread post by Timmargh »

Strag wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2024 10:05 am Really feels like there's been a decent amount of retconning around what happened.

Here is where the original thread was of PipChick asking for help (which multiple people did step up): https://www.unitedcardists.com/viewtopi ... 8b0773ed97

Then all of a sudden it's announced that it's being hosted and "collabed" with P52: https://www.unitedcardists.com/viewtopic.php?t=17707

[...]

Wow, that was a wild trip down memory lane.
bdawg923
White Whale: bdawg x 923

Unread post by bdawg923 »

Thanks strag for finding that. I too remember plenty of people offering pipchick help and now history got rewritten into she was doing this alone and begging for help and nobody helped so she quit and disappeared. Quite bizarre tbh.
This comment has been mod-approved since you are able to see it.
rousselle
Site Admin
Site Admin
Magician: Yes

Unread post by rousselle »

vasta41 wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2024 4:30 pm
rousselle wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2024 5:28 am Several of us are reaching out to Alex in good faith, and hopefully we will find him before too long.
Crickets, I'm assuming, hu?
Unfortunately, yes. Crickets.

I'll still throw out a ping here and there, but I really have no way to predict or anticipate what happens next. As others have noted, Alex has fulfilled the Limbo project with little fanfare from him before or after, whereas the technical difficulties we have experienced with UC we had to figure out on our own. On the other other hand, somebody somewhere paid a bill or two in order to keep the servers at Hostgator serving, and keep the domain name domaining, so the train is still running on its tracks for the time being. And, to be fair, that's all been Alex's doing.

As y'all who have been following the situation know, your humble admins and moderators (and super special friend behind the scenes) are making sure to do what we can to keep UC a going concern while Alex is otherwise unavailable, but hopefully we will regain contact with him soon and he and his family will be okay and we can all breathe a sigh of relief that all is well once again, and peace returns to the valley.

Thanks for the prompt!
This space intentionally left blank.
brownsl
White Whale: UUSI Le Jeu De Tarot
Decks Owned: 10000

Unread post by brownsl »

I emailed his gmail acct a few weeks ago and did not get a reply.
Fenrir
White Whale: No 17 Crown
Decks Owned: 475

Unread post by Fenrir »

rousselle wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2024 8:01 pm
vasta41 wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2024 4:30 pm
rousselle wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2024 5:28 am Several of us are reaching out to Alex in good faith, and hopefully we will find him before too long.
Crickets, I'm assuming, hu?
Unfortunately, yes. Crickets.

I'll still throw out a ping here and there, but I really have no way to predict or anticipate what happens next. As others have noted, Alex has fulfilled the Limbo project with little fanfare from him before or after, whereas the technical difficulties we have experienced with UC we had to figure out on our own. On the other other hand, somebody somewhere paid a bill or two in order to keep the servers at Hostgator serving, and keep the domain name domaining, so the train is still running on its tracks for the time being. And, to be fair, that's all been Alex's doing.

As y'all who have been following the situation know, your humble admins and moderators (and super special friend behind the scenes) are making sure to do what we can to keep UC a going concern while Alex is otherwise unavailable, but hopefully we will regain contact with him soon and he and his family will be okay and we can all breathe a sigh of relief that all is well once again, and peace returns to the valley.

Thanks for the prompt!
I have a feeling that the payments are set up automatically. I’m hoping they were done manually but my assumption is it’s a card on file charged at regular intervals until it expires or is cancelled.

Hoping otherwise though and that Blind Tiger is revealed soon.