Anything and everything playing cards!
kevork
Collector: Yes
White Whale: NPCCD 17 Amethyst + Prototypes
Decks Owned: 1000

Re: DeckCollect.com - A new place to track your playing card collection

Unread post by kevork »

montenzi wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2024 12:59 am
kevork wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2024 11:37 pm Nice to know it's that easy. I tried it on Windows using the wget binaries from: https://eternallybored.org/misc/wget/ but the link you provided wasn't able to automate it in the ways you were probably able to on Linux. Can anyone upload the 11.5Gb file to be downloaded?
Thank you!
I'll disable links in a couple of days.

https://old.montenzi.nz/p52-700-boxes.tar (5GB) - new file with boxes only - UPDATE
https://old.montenzi.nz/p52-gallery.tar (19GB) - gallery images - UPDATE

P.S. I'm not sure what my server speed limit is, but I'm downloading it now at 100 Mbps, and my local connection is 300 Mbps.
Thanks for these, Montenzi. I was able to download them at around 260mbps consistently and will keep them in storage for any future needs from the community. I'll try to manually download all the recently uploaded ones since as well.
Image@playingcardophile
Invisible ink. Who woulda thunk it?
[BUY] Complete Lotrek Collection
[BUY] NPCCD Decks
shaneriley
Player: Yes
White Whale: Crypt
Decks Owned: 550

Unread post by shaneriley »

Updated the IA item with the results of scraping the deck detail pages. Now has 26,233 records. https://archive.org/details/portfolio52_archive
shaneriley

Just used the JSON file to seed a local database and fired up the quick app I made previously, and it looks like the scraping worked. I don't know if I've got the time to check each deck, though.

manu

Unread post by manu »

I'm really glad P52 is back online, I hope it stays that way. As for me, I started working on Deck Collect before this most recent outage, and intend to continue developing for the foreseeable future (even if I'm the only one using it :D )
wingedpotato
White Whale: Cardistry-Con Tally Ho 2018
Decks Owned: 600

Unread post by wingedpotato »

I still intend to use it, thanks!
"I have no response to that."

https://portfolio52.com/profile/1230
hsbc
Cardist: Yes
White Whale: Grid 1 LE
Decks Owned: 1500

Unread post by hsbc »

I can't go back to no tags :ugthink:
P52DCIGUCr/m/52+J
Timmargh
White Whale: Cartes Indiennes green back

Unread post by Timmargh »

manu wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2024 10:15 am I'm really glad P52 is back online, I hope it stays that way. As for me, I started working on Deck Collect before this most recent outage, and intend to continue developing for the foreseeable future (even if I'm the only one using it :D )

I'll be there alongside wingedpotato, hsbc, and, no doubt, many others.
~
Searching for: Cartes Indiennes (green back)

Collection (inc. trade list)
Photos (UC) / Website
Social links etc.
max
✔ VERIFIED Seller
✔ VERIFIED Seller

Unread post by max »

manu wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2024 10:15 am I'm really glad P52 is back online, I hope it stays that way. As for me, I started working on Deck Collect before this most recent outage, and intend to continue developing for the foreseeable future (even if I'm the only one using it :D )
I'd like to go on exploring your platform and making it bigger. I don't even mind to update it along with PF52 each time I add something or change anything in my collection. I just wonder if you will finally integrate PF52 decks on it to make things easier to follow
manu

Unread post by manu »

max wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 2:06 pm I just wonder if you will finally integrate PF52 decks on it to make things easier to follow
I have given this a lot of thought. Unfortunately, it's still unclear to me whether uploading the P52 backups would be allowed legally. I've seen conflicting opinions on this, including various interpretations of P52’s Terms of Use and past legal cases. Since I'm not a lawyer, however, I don’t want to rely on my interpretation to make this decision.

I’m hopeful that once I open up submissions to all users (with mod approval), it will increase the rate at which new decks are added. Remember that Deck Collect has a different type of database and collects much more information than P52, so blindly dumping that data in—while a good starting point—might not be as great as it sounds.

What I believe would be super useful is for users to be able to import a spreadsheet of their collection, and for Deck Collect to automatically match the appropriate deck in our database. Now that P52 has a rudimentary export feature, this could be a good way of porting your collection without having to manually add each deck one at a time.
hsbc

Unread post by hsbc »

If we could upload decks without images, that would speed things up a LOT
P52DCIGUCr/m/52+J
shaneriley

I've written a bookmarklet and a backing API to allow you to create a real backup of your collection on P52. Check out https://www.reddit.com/r/playingcards/c ... t/kwqcuul/ for more info, and let me know if you encounter issues.
Harvonsgard
White Whale: Your Mami
Decks Owned: 420

Unread post by Harvonsgard »

manu wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 2:09 pm I have given this a lot of thought. Unfortunately, it's still unclear to me whether uploading the P52 backups would be allowed legally. I've seen conflicting opinions on this, including various interpretations of P52’s Terms of Use and past legal cases. Since I'm not a lawyer, however, I don’t want to rely on my interpretation to make this decision.
When I had more spare time on my hand I used to upload quite some deck photos to P52 mostly Oath and KWP. If I ever come across one of my photos on your site, I'd be more than honoured. For real.
That said, as you've mentioned yourself, it's always great to keep things in your hand. Helps to avoid importing problems and alike ✌🏿.
You want to reclaim your mind and get it out of the hands of the cultural engineers who want to turn you into a half-baked moron consuming all this trash that’s being manufactured out of the bones of a dying world.

avatar credit: 𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔄𝔰𝔱𝔯𝔬𝔪𝔞𝔫𝔠𝔢𝔯 by Gands the Scholar @g_a_n_d_s_

rousselle wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 4:52 pmI very much want this in my collection, but at long last... I have to stop the insanity.
max
✔ VERIFIED Seller
✔ VERIFIED Seller

Unread post by max »

manu wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 2:09 pm
max wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 2:06 pm I just wonder if you will finally integrate PF52 decks on it to make things easier to follow
I have given this a lot of thought. Unfortunately, it's still unclear to me whether uploading the P52 backups would be allowed legally. I've seen conflicting opinions on this, including various interpretations of P52’s Terms of Use and past legal cases. Since I'm not a lawyer, however, I don’t want to rely on my interpretation to make this decision.

I’m hopeful that once I open up submissions to all users (with mod approval), it will increase the rate at which new decks are added. Remember that Deck Collect has a different type of database and collects much more information than P52, so blindly dumping that data in—while a good starting point—might not be as great as it sounds.

What I believe would be super useful is for users to be able to import a spreadsheet of their collection, and for Deck Collect to automatically match the appropriate deck in our database. Now that P52 has a rudimentary export feature, this could be a good way of porting your collection without having to manually add each deck one at a time.

I understand your concerns and appreciate your insight.

Over the years, I've uploaded hundreds of decks to PF52, and it's unfortunate that we can't leverage that information on your platform. Nevertheless, I'm very interested in having a matching system that can at least export the list of decks from my PF52 collection to Deck Collector, even without images. This way, I can manage the inventory and explore a new system of cataloging. What I can't feasibly do is review the nearly 6500 decks in my collection one by one, checking if they're already uploaded, uploading the remaining ones, and adding all the marks (especially the information I have in "MY NOTES," which is essential to me as it's the source of my organization).

Regarding your concerns about the legality of using the same information as PF52, it's impossible to ensure that any user who wants to upload a new deck (or correct an existing one) won't use the same information already stored in PF52. Ultimately, that information could even come from their own records, as they might have originally uploaded the deck. I don't believe the features of a deck belong exclusively to PF52.
max
✔ VERIFIED Seller
✔ VERIFIED Seller

Unread post by max »

shaneriley wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 8:01 pm I've written a bookmarklet and a backing API to allow you to create a real backup of your collection on P52. Check out https://www.reddit.com/r/playingcards/c ... t/kwqcuul/ for more info, and let me know if you encounter issues.
Thanks for that tool. It is very interesting! It only creates a backup of 96 decks though (even having gone down to the bottom of my collection page).

Perhaps I am missing something...
flyers3003
White Whale: Original Rarebit

Unread post by flyers3003 »

max wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2024 11:30 am
Thanks for that tool. It is very interesting! It only creates a backup of 96 decks though (even having gone down to the bottom of my collection page).

I'm guessing your collection is X96 or XX96. I've got the same issue. I've got 4392 decks and I only get 92 from the tool. It weird too, because it's not the 1st 92 or the last 92, but somewhere starting in the "D"s. When I look at it running in Developer Tools->Network I see it processing both the front and back images for each deck (8784) so it's reading all of the data but only storing 92 in the json file.
max
✔ VERIFIED Seller
✔ VERIFIED Seller

Unread post by max »

flyers3003 wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2024 4:42 pm
max wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2024 11:30 am

I'm guessing your collection is X96 or XX96. I've got the same issue. I've got 4392 decks and I only get 92 from the tool. It weird too, because it's not the 1st 92 or the last 92, but somewhere starting in the "D"s. When I look at it running in Developer Tools->Network I see it processing both the front and back images for each deck (8784) so it's reading all of the data but only storing 92 in the json file.

Exactly.. in my case it is 6295. It is good to know it is not something I have done wrongly.
max
✔ VERIFIED Seller
✔ VERIFIED Seller

Unread post by max »

shaneriley wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 8:01 pm I've written a bookmarklet and a backing API to allow you to create a real backup of your collection on P52. Check out https://www.reddit.com/r/playingcards/c ... t/kwqcuul/ for more info, and let me know if you encounter issues.
Just an update about this tool, I tried to make a few changes in the script and I was able to download more of my collection, up to around 1000 decks info. Perhaps the limitation is in the API or in the website, not sure. Perhaps @shaneriley can give some light on this.
hsbc

Unread post by hsbc »

I'm starting to want a "gilding color" field... :ugthink:
P52DCIGUCr/m/52+J
mrscop

Unread post by mrscop »

montenzi wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2024 12:59 am
kevork wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2024 11:37 pm Nice to know it's that easy. I tried it on Windows using the wget binaries from: https://eternallybored.org/misc/wget/ but the link you provided wasn't able to automate it in the ways you were probably able to on Linux. Can anyone upload the 11.5Gb file to be downloaded?
Thank you!
I'll disable links in a couple of days.

https://old.montenzi.nz/p52-700-boxes.tar (5GB) - new file with boxes only - UPDATE
https://old.montenzi.nz/p52-gallery.tar (19GB) - gallery images - UPDATE

P.S. I'm not sure what my server speed limit is, but I'm downloading it now at 100 Mbps, and my local connection is 300 Mbps.
Hi. Please, can you enable again the links to download? I haven't seen it before, if possible please. Thank you.
montenzi
✔ VERIFIED Designer
✔ VERIFIED Designer

Unread post by montenzi »

mrscop wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2024 12:39 am Hi. Please, can you enable again the links to download? I haven't seen it before, if possible please. Thank you.
It was a 70GB volume attached to my personal DigitalOcean server, but I destroyed it. Sorry about that.

$7 a month isn't much, but I believe it's better to preserve a 1:1 copy of the entire system, including databases, images, and scripts. Perhaps it's time for the community to reach out to the current admin and donate some money to ensure all backups are in place.
Honeybee
White Whale: Blk prototype Aviator Heritage
Decks Owned: 200

Unread post by Honeybee »

But Monte, wasn't contacting the current admin half the problem?
KoD - my initials, no wonder I grew up a lover of playing cards
Avatar - Honeybee (No.15+17) Tuck pic by Randy Butterfield for PM
montenzi
✔ VERIFIED Designer
✔ VERIFIED Designer

Honeybee wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 6:40 pm But Monte, wasn't contacting the current admin half the problem?
He's unlikely to be a full-time website admin, he just has access for some reason. He noticed that the site wasn't opening (via Reddit), so he rebooted the server.
kevork
White Whale: NPCCD 17 Amethyst + Prototypes
Decks Owned: 1000

Unread post by kevork »

Space Suits and SoCalPlayingCards are on the banner now on P52's website, so someone is definitely tinkering with it.
Image@playingcardophile
Invisible ink. Who woulda thunk it?
[BUY] Complete Lotrek Collection
[BUY] NPCCD Decks
Honeybee
White Whale: Blk prototype Aviator Heritage
Decks Owned: 200

Unread post by Honeybee »

montenzi wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2024 12:53 am
Honeybee wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 6:40 pm But Monte, wasn't contacting the current admin half the problem?
He's unlikely to be a full-time website admin, he just has access for some reason. He noticed that the site wasn't opening (via Reddit), so he rebooted the server.
Yes, I remember that but I imagine only the site owner can agree to a plan to take donations to preserve the db
KoD - my initials, no wonder I grew up a lover of playing cards
Avatar - Honeybee (No.15+17) Tuck pic by Randy Butterfield for PM
montenzi
✔ VERIFIED Designer
✔ VERIFIED Designer

kevork wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2024 12:58 am Space Suits and SoCalPlayingCards are on the banner now on P52's website, so someone is definitely tinkering with it.
There are always different levels of access. The "admin" who rebooted the P52 server has the highest authority. Moderators, administrators, and banner posters have the lowest level as they don't have access to all the moving parts (scripts/db/hosting). If the site is still under Alex's control, why was it down for almost one month, and why was it rebooted only after the 'P52 down' post on Reddit? I don't know.
DeepCard

Unread post by DeepCard »

the website is smurfing cool.
And more importantly, it load faster than P52 a lot