[Chuqii] KEM collection and lots of antique and vintage decks from all over

Members are welcome and encouraged to "Show Their Cards" here. Don't be bashful!
Forum rules
  1. Make a new thread. Be sure to put your username in square brackets [] at the beginning of the title.

2. Write a small (or big, if you want) introduction about you, your collection and your collecting habits.

3. Post as many pictures of your decks as you want in your thread, with or without descriptions.
    (But please refrain from posting pictures of your collection in someone else's thread.)

4. Have fun with it, be creative, and check out other users' threads as well :)

Chuqii
Collector: Yes
Player: Yes

Re: [Chuqii] KEM collection and lots of antique and vintage decks from all over

Unread post by Chuqii »

Mailman Monday! I have two new antique decks that I added to the collection, an early NYCCC No. 42 Triton deck c1895 with a back design I had not seen before, and a USPCC Army & Navy deck c1900 with the Nautic back design.

IMG_2919.JPG
Check out my decks for sale on eBay. Contact me directly if you see something you like. - Clay
https://www.ebay.com/sch/clahobo/m.htm ... =&_from="
Chuqii

Unread post by Chuqii »

Another visit to the library for today's Ephemera Friday featuring two Poker books from USPCC: Poker, The Nation's Most Fascinating Game, 1941 and 1950.

1941 and 1950 USPCC Poker books - cover.JPG
1941 and 1950 USPCC Poker books - toc.JPG
Check out my decks for sale on eBay. Contact me directly if you see something you like. - Clay
Chuqii

Unread post by Chuqii »

Mailman Monday, this time from France. eBay selling in France had a ton of KEM decks up for sale, and I picked up a bunch. Arrived surprisingly quickly. Though I normally collect only vintage KEMs, I picked up some newer decks here. The top row are newer decks, and the top left and top right I'd never seen before. If you know the design name, please let me know. The Hennessy deck is from the 1980s, and the Nellie's decks are from the 1950s. KEM Crest is a design I had not picked up yet, and then I added another set of the only KEMs that have Brown & Bigelow on the Ace of Spades (bottom deck, previously posted here - viewtopic.php?p=87415#p87415). I also picked up some decks for resale: Angels, Polo, the always great Flying Cloud, The Hunt and Mosaic. All in all a nice haul.

IMG_E2922.JPG
Chuqii

Unread post by Chuqii »

Ephemera Friday! Heading back to the 19th century for today's post: the November 14, 1878 edition of The American Stationer. Every time I take this out of its sleeve, a bit more of the outer covering breaks falls off, so I don't take it out very often.

Inside is an ad for Mauger's Pointers and a price list for Mauger's cards and JH Bufford's Sons transparent playing cards. I don't have a Mauger deck like the one in the ad, but I added the closest I had which probably pre-dates the ad.

1878 American Stationer - cover.JPG
1878 American Stationer Mauger Pointers ad.JPG
1878 American Stationer - Bufford and Mauger price list.JPG
1878 - Mauger ad and deck.jpg
Chuqii

Unread post by Chuqii »

A very special deck for today's Mailman Monday, the 1905 Cincinnati Souvenir deck which was given as a gift at the 25th Anniversary Celebration of the Cincinnati Commercial Club (Hochman S79) Invited to the celebration were the Commercial Club of Saint Louis, the Commercial Club of Chicago, and the Commercial Club of Boston. Those four clubs account for the monograms on the presentation case, card backs, Aces and joker. The court cards were officers of the clubs, and the number cards showed buildings and scenes from the City of Cincinnati. (Thanks to Matt Schacht for the research, and you can see his whole article in issue 48 of Card Culture, the 52 Plus Joker Club's digital magazine).

1905 Cincinnati Commercial Club Souvenir deck.JPG
1905 Cincinnati Commercial Club courts.JPG
Chuqii

Unread post by Chuqii »

This came in last week and I didn’t have a chance to post for Ephemera Friday. This is a 1940’s Bicycle display based upon the image of the tuck in the item. I filled it up with a whole bunch of 1940s decks and it can hold double what is shown due to depth. not exactly sure how it would have been loaded or placed. Maybe on a counter facing the customer?

IMG_3053.JPG
IMG_3054.JPG
IMG_3056.JPG
IMG_3055.JPG
hsbc
Cardist: Yes
White Whale: Grid 1 LE
Decks Owned: 1500

Unread post by hsbc »

Very very cool :D
P52DCIGUCr/m/52+J
GandalfPC
Cardist: Yes
Magician: Yes
White Whale: Ambergris
Decks Owned: 1700

Unread post by GandalfPC »

Noice ;)
Hunting Karl Gerich and Elaine Lewis

My collection and tradelist: http://gandalfpc.great-site.net
Chuqii

Unread post by Chuqii »

Mailman Monday! Here's a sweet little deck that I discovered in a lot of over 150 decks that I bought at auction: Rockwell International Space Shuttle deck c1984. Has reflective silver inks on one of the robot jokers and the custom court cards, and I really like the back design. Check it out, and I'll see what else I can find in my big box of playing cards.

IMG_3194.JPG
IMG_3197.JPG