Gamblers Warehouse charging storage fees from 2024

Anything and everything playing cards!
guru
✔ VERIFIED Designer
✔ VERIFIED Designer

Gamblers Warehouse charging storage fees from 2024

Unread post by guru »

Received this note from Gamblers Warehouse. Spoke to another creator who stores his decks at GW, and he didn't see any such communication coming from GW. So, just a bit confused and wanted to check if someone here got this as an advance notice.
After careful consideration, we would like to inform you of an upcoming change in our policy regarding storage fees, effective next month. As we continue to invest in improving our storage facilities and services, it has become necessary to implement a storage fee for the maintenance and handling of stored items.

We will be introducing a storage fee of $35 per pallet per month for all new customers.
However, we also value our long standing relationship with the playing card community, and as a token of our appreciation, we are pleased to offer a discounted storage fee of $25 per pallet per month exclusively for members of the playing card community. This special rate is our way of expressing gratitude for your loyalty and support.
hsbc
Cardist: Yes
Collector: Yes
Player: Yes
White Whale: Grid 1 LE
Decks Owned: 1500

Re: Gamblers Warehouse charging storage fees from 2024

Unread post by hsbc »

Honestly that seems low considering how many decks of cards could fit on a pallet -- am I wrong?
P52DCIGUCr/m/52+J
Honeybee
Collector: Yes
White Whale: Blk prototype Aviator Heritage
Decks Owned: 200

Unread post by Honeybee »

I am wondering whether old customers DID NOT GET this as it only applies to New customers

(EDIT)
KoD - my initials, no wonder I grew up a lover of playing cards
Avatar - Honeybee (No.15+17) Tuck pic by Randy Butterfield for PM
guru
✔ VERIFIED Designer
✔ VERIFIED Designer

Unread post by guru »

hsbc wrote: Tue Jan 30, 2024 4:12 pm Honestly that seems low considering how many decks of cards could fit on a pallet -- am I wrong?
Yes, you are right but the way it was done didn't feel right. I was told this info after getting an order fufilled. When I checked with others, didnt find the same information was shared with them. It should not have been a surprise, this could have easily been relayed in advance.
Tal

Unread post by Tal »

Just wanna make things clear that they are charging EVERYONE now, its not only for new customers as they specified in the email.
If you have decks sitting at their warehouse, you gotta pay each month now.