Private Messages

Have questions or comments about the site?
Räpylätassu
Collector: Yes
Player: Yes
White Whale: Black Palekh from 1937
Decks Owned: 700

Private Messages

Unread post by Räpylätassu »

I have not been able to delete any PM's I have after the update. Also you can't move them around to a different folder. Both of my Inbox and Sent messages are full and I am not certain if I am able to send or receive any PM's like this. I noticed the new function that deletes old messages if you get new messages when the folder is full but I am currently unaware if this function is functional.
Left my heart in SIERRA MADRE

"Finding it... that's not the hard part. It's letting go."

"One makes a trip by day, but by night one sets out on a journey." -Moominmamma

I dream of a world where wars are fought only by having dance offs. I also dream that a Finnish playing card designer would exist. The former seems more likely to happend.

Money can't buy you happiness, but it can buy you a penguin. Have you ever met a sad person with a penguin?

Are lobsters mermaids to scorpions?

"I did not hit her, it's not true, it's bullsh*t, I did not hit her, I did naaaht! Oh hai Mark!"

MY TRADELIST

MY TOP 150 DECKS

MY PORTFOLIO52 PAGE
montenzi
✔ VERIFIED Designer
✔ VERIFIED Designer

Re: Private Messages

Unread post by montenzi »

I think that 250 messages limit is too low, and it costs nothing for the forum to allow members to store 500-1000 messages. IMHO.

I deleted one message to test, so it works.
Timmargh
White Whale: Cartes Indiennes green back

Unread post by Timmargh »

Räpylätassu wrote: Fri Jun 12, 2020 1:05 am I have not been able to delete any PM's I have after the update. [...]
If you open a message and select the X near the top-right it should delete the message. It's a bit laborious to delete lots of messages this way though.
~
Searching for: Cartes Indiennes (green back)

Collection (inc. trade list)
Photos (UC) / Website
Social links etc.
caniveski
White Whale: Bicycle Burton
Decks Owned: 800

Unread post by caniveski »

i pm'd/dm'd support a couple of weeks but but havent heard anything, same issue as Roope

"The submitted form was invalid. Try submitting again." - this is the message i get
Bradius
White Whale: I do not hunt whales
Decks Owned: 4129

Unread post by Bradius »

I have discussed the message limit with Mike. As I understand it, the limit is set into the forum software. We are stuck at the limit, so it is best to archive your messages if you need to keep them....which I don't. However, I will probably start at least keeping better notes elsewhere as many emails get auto deleted due to the limit of emails stored.
The Crazy Squirrel Deck Hunter - Hunt decks to extinction
montenzi
✔ VERIFIED Designer
✔ VERIFIED Designer

Unread post by montenzi »

Bradius wrote: Mon Jun 15, 2020 3:33 pm I have discussed the message limit with Mike. As I understand it, the limit is set into the forum software. We are stuck at the limit, so it is best to archive your messages if you need to keep them....which I don't. However, I will probably start at least keeping better notes elsewhere as many emails get auto deleted due to the limit of emails stored.
No. You can set any limit from the forum control panel! I vote for the limit increase! Something like 1000 messages.

https://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtopic.php?t=2093275
Bikefanatic
Decks Owned: 333

Unread post by Bikefanatic »

No point in increasing messages if we can't delete mass of them at once. Still getting the invalid notice.
"When I like something, I buy. No matter who did it, how many were printed or how many (re)colors exist.

When I don't like something, I pass. No matter who did it, how many were printed or how many (re)colors exist."

-Lotrek

*MY PORTFOLIO52 PROFILE https://portfolio52.com/profile/26674

* MY SELLER REVIEW viewtopic.php?f=28&t=16586
brownsl
White Whale: UUSI Le Jeu De Tarot
Decks Owned: 10000

Unread post by brownsl »

I also think the limit should be increased. 1,000 would be nice. It seems like the change would be easy to do, a simple change from the admin control panel. I can't imagine the increase in storage would be too significant.
brownsl
White Whale: UUSI Le Jeu De Tarot
Decks Owned: 10000

Unread post by brownsl »

My inbox is at 250 and I noticed that I am not receiving new messages. I am getting emails saying I have a new PM but it is not there when I go my inbox. Grrrr. I really do not want to have to go and clean up my PMs.

Frustrating that we now have to delete message by message versus a bulk delete. Also, once I deleted a message the message that did not show in my inbox because it was full did not appear after there was space created. In the past the oldest messages would be deleted automatically to make room for a new message. This is not working now.
rorschach

Unread post by rorschach »

Any update on this? I recently hit the limit, and seemingly overnight sending/receiving/moving/deleting messages is all screwed up and working sporadically - if at all.
theCapraAegagrus

Unread post by theCapraAegagrus »

I can't delete my PMs, either.
rousselle wrote:You are a fussy, picky guy.
Lotrek wrote:Given the number of morons produced in the world every day, a pessimist is actually a well informed realist.
Räpylätassu wrote:"Tyhmyydestä sakotetaan." You get fined for being stupid.
♥ ♦ Portfolio 52 Pro ♣ ♠
rorschach

Private messages continue to be a dumpster fire.
sms69x
Magician: Yes
Decks Owned: 700

Unread post by sms69x »

Not able to delete my messages either.
octave
Cardist: Yes
Decks Owned: 400

Unread post by octave »

I also hit the maximum limit of the mailbox, so is the bulk deleting method still not working?
NoraCH

Unread post by NoraCH »

I just joined and when I try to reach a member here by private message, I keep getting a message to this effect "We are sorry, but you are not authorised to use this feature. You may have just registered here and may need to participate more in discussions to be able to use this feature." Is there a certain amount of posts I need to make before I can send a private message here? I didn't find anything specific in the FAQs. Any help would be appreciated.
MagikFingerz
Site Admin
Site Admin
White Whale: Sawdust and Delicious + uncuts

Unread post by MagikFingerz »

NoraCH wrote: Wed Feb 17, 2021 10:37 pm I just joined and when I try to reach a member here by private message, I keep getting a message to this effect "We are sorry, but you are not authorised to use this feature. You may have just registered here and may need to participate more in discussions to be able to use this feature." Is there a certain amount of posts I need to make before I can send a private message here? I didn't find anything specific in the FAQs. Any help would be appreciated.
Hi Nora, and welcome!

Yes, I think it's 3 posts if I remember correctly.
- Tom

Check out my collection

My (abandoned and now severely outdated) Playing Card Wiki
NoraCH

Unread post by NoraCH »

Thank you!
rorschach

Its been a few months and i'll upgrade the message centre on the forum to a dumpster fire inside of another dumpster fire. Bulk deleting still doesn't work, and now seemingly at random messages are getting stuck in my outbox for some unknown reason. If no plans exist to support messaging on this forum, just remove the feature all together.
Harvonsgard
White Whale: Your Mami
Decks Owned: 420

Unread post by Harvonsgard »

If stuck in outbox, it's mostly due to the receipient hasn't read the message yet.
You want to reclaim your mind and get it out of the hands of the cultural engineers who want to turn you into a half-baked moron consuming all this trash that’s being manufactured out of the bones of a dying world.

avatar credit: 𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔄𝔰𝔱𝔯𝔬𝔪𝔞𝔫𝔠𝔢𝔯 by Gands the Scholar @g_a_n_d_s_

rousselle wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 4:52 pmI very much want this in my collection, but at long last... I have to stop the insanity.
rorschach

Harvonsgard wrote: Wed Mar 10, 2021 12:19 pm If stuck in outbox, it's mostly due to the receipient hasn't read the message yet.
Thanks for the tip, good to know.

Having said that, that's not how an outbox should work? I'm going to assume almost anyone who sees a message in their 'outbox' is going to assume that something went wrong and it is not sent. Furthermore, I'm not sure people want other people to know when they have or have not read their messages.
Entaro
White Whale: Delirium Signature Edition

Unread post by Entaro »

is there a solution to being unable to delete private messages?
Timmargh

Entaro wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 8:36 pm is there a solution to being unable to delete private messages?
You can delete them individually be opening the message and selecting the X.
~

Photos (UC) / Website
Social links etc.
rorschach

maybe it is just because the private messaging system here is so bad lately (over a year now), but i've started noticing more and more people just conducting business right in forum posts - which nobody wants, but seems to be the only way to get any information across reliably.

I maintain: if nobody with power to do so is going to even bother to address the backend of the private messaging system, please just remove it.
Timmargh

rorschach wrote: Fri Jul 09, 2021 10:43 pm maybe it is just because the private messaging system here is so bad lately (over a year now), but i've started noticing more and more people just conducting business right in forum posts - which nobody wants, but seems to be the only way to get any information across reliably.

I maintain: if nobody with power to do so is going to even bother to address the backend of the private messaging system, please just remove it.
Some people, myself included, still use it.
~

Photos (UC) / Website
Social links etc.
Harvonsgard
White Whale: Your Mami
Decks Owned: 420

Unread post by Harvonsgard »

The private messaging works just like it always did with the exception that you can't mark and delete multiple messages at the same time.
The logic to remove a feature entirely just because it's not convinient is kinda weird. I barely use private messaging but some people do so, why delete it?
You want to reclaim your mind and get it out of the hands of the cultural engineers who want to turn you into a half-baked moron consuming all this trash that’s being manufactured out of the bones of a dying world.

avatar credit: 𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔄𝔰𝔱𝔯𝔬𝔪𝔞𝔫𝔠𝔢𝔯 by Gands the Scholar @g_a_n_d_s_

rousselle wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 4:52 pmI very much want this in my collection, but at long last... I have to stop the insanity.
rorschach

Harvonsgard wrote: Sat Jul 10, 2021 11:12 am The private messaging works just like it always did with the exception that you can't mark and delete multiple messages at the same time.
The logic to remove a feature entirely just because it's not convinient is kinda weird. I barely use private messaging but some people do so, why delete it?
Admittedly, a post created whilst incredibly frustrated. I too use PM's quite frequently - but have learnt they are not reliable at all. Over time i've lost out on sought after decks/conversations because the (seemingly at random) PM's seem to just vanish - lost in the pipe somewhere?

Maybe it's the backend, maybe something weird is going on with my account, or maybe some combination of the two - but since i see quite a few people just conducting and posting their personal eMails right on the forum boards, i feel that i'm not the only one who has lost confidence in the system reliable getting messages through.
krystalie
White Whale: Gothik By Ian Daniels

Unread post by krystalie »

My private messages are being stuck in Outbox, is anyone else facing the same issue or knows a fix?
Sell/Trade | P52(WIP) | Buy | In sooth I know not why I am so sad
kevork
White Whale: NPCCD 17 Amethyst + Prototypes
Decks Owned: 1000

Unread post by kevork »

krystalie wrote: Fri Dec 09, 2022 9:37 pm My private messages are being stuck in Outbox, is anyone else facing the same issue or knows a fix?
They stay in the outbox until the person you sent a PM to gets on the site and then it officially moves it to sent. It's still in the pipeline.
Image@playingcardophile
Invisible ink. Who woulda thunk it?
[BUY] Complete Lotrek Collection
[BUY] NPCCD Decks
Strag
White Whale: None
Decks Owned: 0

Unread post by Strag »

I dream of the day when a completely basic feature such as bulk deleting private messages OR increasing the amount of private messages we can have actually exists on this forum. Alas, they are only ever dreams.
Honeybee
White Whale: Blk prototype Aviator Heritage
Decks Owned: 200

Unread post by Honeybee »

kevork wrote: Fri Dec 09, 2022 10:07 pm
krystalie wrote: Fri Dec 09, 2022 9:37 pm My private messages are being stuck in Outbox, is anyone else facing the same issue or knows a fix?
They stay in the outbox until the person you sent a PM to gets on the site and then it officially moves it to sent. It's still in the pipeline.
Thank you so much for this info Kev
I thought I was doing something wrong (again and again)
KoD - my initials, no wonder I grew up a lover of playing cards
Avatar - Honeybee (No.15+17) Tuck pic by Randy Butterfield for PM