PayPal ain’t no pal of mine

Off-topic randomness, anything goes. Keep it PG-13.
GandalfPC
Cardist: Yes
Collector: Yes
Player: Yes
Magician: Yes
White Whale: Ambergris
Decks Owned: 1700

PayPal ain’t no pal of mine

Unread post by GandalfPC »

Paypal just tried to stick me for 300 bucks over an order that they shipped to the wrong address - my bank stuffed it back down their throats. I removed my cards and bank account from paypal and won’t be using them for a long frigging time.

Just gripin. Cause I’m ticked.
Hunting Karl Gerich and Elaine Lewis

My collection and tradelist: http://gandalfpc.great-site.net
Honeybee
White Whale: Blk prototype Aviator Heritage
Decks Owned: 200

Re: PayPal ain’t no pal of mine

Unread post by Honeybee »

Not saying Paypal are without any responsibility here But in my experience Paypal do not ship or even sell stuff - they are just a go between so that you do not have to give just anybody your credit details. That is my experience in Australia anyway. I use their 'Pay in 4' all the time Not because I cannot afford to pay in 1 but because when I do - my bank which is really doing the paying (not Paypal) don't hit me for their usual ludicrous overseas transaction fee
KoD - my initials, no wonder I grew up a lover of playing cards
Avatar - Honeybee (No.15+17) Tuck pic by Randy Butterfield for PM
GandalfPC

I purchased off some guys website, used paypal checkout - entered my address, his invoice shows my address - but for some reason paypal emailed him my 12 years defunct previous address, which is where the guy shipped. How after 12 years of orders they think they can substitute my address and it’s my problem, I think someone’s system, woocomerce or paypal screwed up my order. In the end they were so satisfied with the idea of losing me as a customer over it they took a fair amount of smug joy in telling me that there was nothing they could do, yes it was my fault alone, and if I wanted to terminate a 20 year customer relationship with them that was just hunky dorey.

My credit card company took our 24 year old relationship more seriously, and I already have the money back.

Honeybee
White Whale: Blk prototype Aviator Heritage
Decks Owned: 200

Unread post by Honeybee »

Interesting (esp paypal's attitude) but isn't the supplier obligated to use the invoice address, after all that is what you supplied as a delivery address. Nevertheless I always check what credit card and what address Paypal bring up when I am paying (as I not only have a street address and a PO Box but also sometimes send to my son's as it is cheaper AND I do not want any confusion)
KoD - my initials, no wonder I grew up a lover of playing cards
Avatar - Honeybee (No.15+17) Tuck pic by Randy Butterfield for PM
GandalfPC

As far as I’m concerned the supplier must stick to the invoice, and my bank appears to feel the same. As for this supplier, when I showed them my invoice they asked me where I got it from and claimed that their system didn’t provide invoices. After it was made clear he was wrong, he still didn’t care. How his system managed to involve my old address I have no idea, nor do I care - invoice is all that matters.