Hello from a new collector

Where are you from and what are your interests?
gallardo99

Hello from a new collector

Unread post by gallardo99 »

Hi,

Im pretty new to collection cards, and to be honest I own just a couple of "hype" decks so far.... But I just fell in love with Lotrek, and im pretty late to the table as it seems :lol:
Im gonna start collection Lotrek decks, and withing short time subscribe as a patreon :)
Timmargh
Collector: Yes
Player: Yes
White Whale: Cartes Indiennes green back

Re: Hello from a new collector

Unread post by Timmargh »

Hi there, and welcome!

Good luck with the Lotrek collection; he has some beautiful decks but they can be hard to come by, as you're probably already aware. :ugthink:
GandalfPC
Cardist: Yes
Magician: Yes
White Whale: Ambergris
Decks Owned: 1700

Unread post by GandalfPC »

Patience followed by fast action at a moments notice should score you some Lotrek ;)

Or you can just ask Kevork how he managed it in record time… I think such a performance is fairly unrepeatable though - he has a sixth sense for them.

Welcome aboard!
Hunting Karl Gerich and Elaine Lewis

My collection and tradelist: http://gandalfpc.great-site.net
Bradius
White Whale: I do not hunt whales
Decks Owned: 4129

Unread post by Bradius »

Welcome gallardo99. I think you are on the right path with signing up for Lotrek's Patreon program as soon as you can. He should be coming out with some more cool stuff "soon". Well, as best as "soon" can apply to Lotrek. :lol:

He does have a few things for sale directly on his website if any of those interest you. If you find a deck of his you are really interested in, I would say go for it and start there. Be careful though, there are a TON of very small issues of Lotrek. Some are more available than others. Some much more expensive than others. Some can be downright cheap. I have some that I picked up for like $3 in the bargain bins. Some I paid....much, much more. I guess it is just up to you and your banker how deep into the Lotrek hole you want to go. Also, if you are interested in a particular deck, you can find tons of information on our forum on almost all of the decks. You are in great company here as a Lotrek fan(atic).

I would also suggest you check out some of Lorenzo's stuff (Stockholm17). I could list many others, but enough for now.
The Crazy Squirrel Deck Hunter - Hunt decks to extinction
rousselle
Site Admin
Site Admin
Magician: Yes

Unread post by rousselle »

Welcome aboard! Yes, collecting Lotrek can be quite an investment. And, then there's Gio (Thirdway Industries), Lorenzo (Stockholm17), Jackson (Kings Wild Project), Montenzi, Randy (Midnight Playing Cards), Sunish (Guru), Steve Minty, Uusi, the Edgy Brothers, Jody Ecklund, Jocu, Ben Jones (Elephant), RJ Tomlinson (Barclay Mountain), and producers like The Gentleman Wake, Theory11, Ellusionist, Penguin Magic (Kevin Reylek), PlayingCardDecks (Will Roya), Art of Play, Dan and Dave, etc., etc. And many others. :lol:

Those should keep you busy for a few weeks!
This space intentionally left blank.
acetofive

Unread post by acetofive »

Welcome. I second GandalfPC's wise words. Patience helps a lot (and saves money for the cards you really want) and building relationships will help you find the cards on your wish list.
Harvonsgard
Cardist: Yes
White Whale: Your Mami
Decks Owned: 420

Unread post by Harvonsgard »

Welcome to the funhouse.
You want to reclaim your mind and get it out of the hands of the cultural engineers who want to turn you into a half-baked moron consuming all this trash that’s being manufactured out of the bones of a dying world.

avatar credit: 𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔄𝔰𝔱𝔯𝔬𝔪𝔞𝔫𝔠𝔢𝔯 by Gands the Scholar @g_a_n_d_s_

rousselle wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 4:52 pmI very much want this in my collection, but at long last... I have to stop the insanity.
kevork
White Whale: NPCCD 17 Amethyst + Prototypes
Decks Owned: 1000

Unread post by kevork »

Beware the hype! As a new collector, it's really easy to get sucked into buying a lot of decks purely off emotions alone.

I can't speak enough about Lotrek's works, so feel free to ask any questions you might have. I remember when the roles were reversed and I had begun my journey. Things can be really fun if you get into the hunt but it's important not to get discouraged if things are looking tough. This community has been and continues to be one of the greatest resources to learn from and utilize for such a quest. It takes a ton of patience, time, knowledge, communication skills, networking, and financials. Being involved in the community helps too because there are many collectors who don't want to sell to lurkers or resellers, so knowing their deck is going to a good home is helpful. You need to be on top of Reddit, Facebook, UC, eBay, and scour the depths of card collector Instagram accounts to maximize your chances of finding what you're looking for, especially some of the older, rarer decks. It never hurts to post, but one of the ingredients to success that you can't control is luck, and that certainly plays a factor. Are there specific decks you're currently prioritizing?

If you need a list of Lotrek decks, feel free to check out the link in my signature.
Lotrek.png
Lotrek.png (578.16 KiB) Viewed 2210 times
Image@playingcardophile
Invisible ink. Who woulda thunk it?
[BUY] Complete Lotrek Collection
[BUY] NPCCD Decks
gallardo99

Unread post by gallardo99 »

Thank you all for kind and good advise ❤️