BUYER BEWARE!! Seller Masterpino Instagram handles(italian_playingcard & Joseph_Magic90)

Have a good or bad experience? Let us know! This includes problem and fraudulent eBay sellers.
ernesthemingue

Re: BUYER BEWARE!! Seller Masterpino Instagram handles(italian_playingcard & Joseph_Magic90)

Unread post by ernesthemingue »

Instagram isn`t only beautiful pictures of life, food, and other stuff. Unfortunately, there`s a lot of cheating going on here. This site is great for trading. I made several purchases myself, I had successful ones and outright deceptions. Moreover, I own a small store and as a seller - I know how big this problem is. Because of jerks like the one mentioned in the post, people don't trust other honest sellers. As a result instagram isn`t still as popular as other online stores. That's why we need some kind of common base for such scammers.
kevork
Collector: Yes
White Whale: NPCCD 17 Amethyst + Prototypes
Decks Owned: 1000

Re: BUYER BEWARE!! Seller Masterpino Instagram handles(italian_playingcard & Joseph_Magic90)

Unread post by kevork »

EDIT: He did ship me two rare decks (Grotesque Signature Platinum and Gold) with prompt shipping and tracking, and packed extremely well. He was trying to pull for family & friends which there was no way I was going to do. I only came across this thread after I made the payment and honestly panicked.

I firmly believe Giuseppe along with some of his other buddies spam across the collecting sphere looking to buy rare decks, and then attempt to flip them to other collectors.
Image@playingcardophile
Invisible ink. Who woulda thunk it?
[BUY] Complete Lotrek Collection
[BUY] NPCCD Decks
Cardians
White Whale: Anything Lotrek makes....

Unread post by Cardians »

Well he's back at it again on eBay but under multiple names.
"playingcardsdecks1 (98)"
"collector_decks (98)"

both from Altamura, Italy

He reached out to me AGAIN this morning, asking me if I'd be interested in purchasing his "rarest" Lotrek error deck.

So I'll start off by saying, there is no negotiating with this guy to even come up with a reasonable price. The guy is loonie to say the least. His prices are extremely high and he justifies it by saying he can price out decks at whatever price-point he sees.

He's comes out and says "it's rare, only 100 decks." "The higher the number the more the deck is!" doesn't justify anything being worth thousands of dollars, but in his eyes it apparently does.

What any seller needs to understand is when the person purchasing the deck feels like -not only did the seller get a little something on the sale, but the buyer isn't being gouged in the pocket then usually a deal is made between collectors.

In other words; buyers don't mind paying a little more for an item if they feel they also see a value in what their purchasing. That's usually how the world goes around when it comes to collecting.

Not with this joker anyhow. The guy acts like he's a retail store or something.

Buyer beware, the Italian Jospeh_magic09 is still at it pushing hard these days.. Times must be tough over there....

Cheers,
KW

Edit: I’ll further add this to my message as the guy responded after me below. Just to clarify his ridiculous statement, here is today’s msg I woke up to: sent to me @ 2:10am
Attachments
89BCD843-92E1-4313-A7E4-5C1B930091A0.jpeg
Masterpino

Unread post by Masterpino »

I don't know why you have all this hatred with me or with other Italians…until this morning CARDIANS wrote to me asking me at what price I could sell them my liturgy set…why did you write to me if you don't trust me? I paid a lot for those decks and therefore I can't afford to sell them at low prices. if it suits you buy or just pass on. all my sales have always been delivered and packed bombproof. I have a clear conscience. I have nothing else to add.
Good day.
david_cards

Unread post by david_cards »

Dear friends, I do not understand whether it is hatred or envy. The sale in the secondary market is decided by the seller . If the price is high you just have to write: (thanks I'm not interested) while if a person is interested you can agree a price. EVERYONE DOES SO. Live your life with serenity. you are too nervous, calm down, So I ask you to close this story once and for all. Be adults and not capricious children. Thank you
GandalfPC
Cardist: Yes
Player: Yes
Magician: Yes
White Whale: Ambergris
Decks Owned: 1700

Unread post by GandalfPC »

david_cards wrote: Fri Feb 24, 2023 6:44 am Dear friends, I do not understand whether it is hatred or envy.
nobody puts baby in the corner
Hunting Karl Gerich and Elaine Lewis

My collection and tradelist: http://gandalfpc.great-site.net
david_cards

But stop it. You are exaggerating. I too have had problems with many Americans but I have never written names in any forum of what happened. You seem too childish. Calm down.
There are artists on Kickstarter who haven't shipped any decks. There are artists on the Patreon who haven't sent any decks. Why aren't you angry with them? We are collectors and we spend a lot of money.
the market is free , I am looking for a crown17 deck and they asked me $3000 in Canada . Another person in Texas wanted for his Crown17 deck $3500.my answer was: no thanks. I can name but I don't.I didn't do like you. It is for children to publish the chat. So please everyone is free to write the price he wants. Long live freedom.
kevork
White Whale: NPCCD 17 Amethyst + Prototypes
Decks Owned: 1000

Unread post by kevork »

I have so much to say but I won't, for now.

Looks like another one of the group has entered the ring with a new account. For the record, david_cards on UC and playingcarddecks1 on eBay are not Giuseppe, who this thread is about. That's another one of the trio. I felt it should be clarified so that if/when fingers are pointed, it is done so accurately.

EDIT: if anyone looks back on this thread, I have done two purchases of Arabesque error, one for me and one for a friend, in 2022, for $550 each.
Image@playingcardophile
Invisible ink. Who woulda thunk it?
[BUY] Complete Lotrek Collection
[BUY] NPCCD Decks
GandalfPC

Nothing calms down an American like telling them to calm down ;)

There is plenty of discourse here regarding both Patreon and Kickstarter issues and delays by the way.

Lots of nice decks out there fetching high prices - when profiteers snap them up and pop higher than reasonable prices on them that is their business - when we complain about it, thats our business.

It takes decks out of circulation that we otherwise might have picked up and passed around

Anyone want to buy some Taylor Swift tickets?

Let’s say scalpers find out my dear old mum collects Hummel figures and they start snapping up the rare ones and resisting them at 300% markup - forcing my dear old mum into a high priced (fake overpriced) market not driven by collector value - when she buys it she is stuck with it for years until (if) it reaches that value, unable to sell or trade it

You say - all fair - just business

I say, thats my mum.

david_cards

Taylor Swift Tickets? how much do you sell them for?
GandalfPC

$4500

david_cards

it's too much, you want to make money. instead the right answer is : no thanks . Thank you
GandalfPC

Quite sensible.

What is not as sensible would be a ticket scalper going into a Taylor Swift fan forum and thinking they might endear themselves by explaining that they simply needed to calm down.

What we see is predatory action - and we as a community will stand up like a tribe of meerkat and make our warning howling noises when you approach.

david_cards

still but you want to finish it GandalfPc, but you only think about this in your useless life. I lived in America, but I've never met people as bad as you. these Italians have done nothing wrong. everyone is free to set the price they want, as you did for the tickets. I repeat, I have chats from Americans who wanted to sell their decks at high prices. one American person wanted to sell Netent by stockholm17 deck for $2000 to my friend, i can't tell who is he. privacy. What should I do to post chats? You Americans also sell at high prices. please finish it.
GandalfPC

Again, you are a scalper in a collectors forum - in a thread warning of opportunistic and poor practices.

It appears the thread was deserved of existing.

This is not an American vs the world thing - someone just happened to mention that you were in a particular group from a particular country - we are equal opportunity when it comes to disliking scalping.

david_cards

I understand that it is a forum, but there are people like you who exaggerate. and you are exaggerating. otherwise I'll start posting chats like you do. but I don't because I don't want to stoop to your childish levels, I don't know how old you are, but you look like a 5 year old who doesn't understand, so this is my last message. bye
GandalfPC

Seems a good place to leave it - I'm sure you won over as many hearts and minds as one might hope.

bdawg923
White Whale: bdawg x 923

Unread post by bdawg923 »

GandalfPC wrote: Fri Feb 24, 2023 1:56 pm Quite sensible.

What is not as sensible would be a ticket scalper going into a Taylor Swift fan forum and thinking they might endear themselves by explaining that they simply needed to calm down.

What we see is predatory action - and we as a community will stand up like a tribe of meerkat and make our warning howling noises when you approach.

Calm down Gandalf! Why dont you let me price gouge you?!!? These Americans smh. /s in case it wasn't obvious 😅
This comment has been mod-approved since you are able to see it.
Timmargh
White Whale: Cartes Indiennes green back

Unread post by Timmargh »

GandalfPC wrote: Fri Feb 24, 2023 2:25 pm [...] This is not an American vs the word thing - someone just happened to mention that you were in a particular group from a particular country - we are equal opportunity when it comes to disliking scalping.
:lol:
GandalfPC

Gratuitous meerkat pic

AA2A2F5B-95B4-4D95-93BB-18A054840055.jpeg

And thanks to the miracle of AI, gratuitous meerkat + Taylor swift pic

478AAE92-1429-465C-9198-AEEC77F9130A.jpeg

And an attempt at a pic of a meerkat showing off their Hummel collection, that went horribly awry when I typed Hubble instead - creating this pair…

20CF5371-2464-4B06-9F0F-0E1A3AE7B8B6.jpeg
D95BA9FB-74B5-458F-853A-F22B2AA60C14.jpeg

Had it generate some Meerkats playing poker drawn in anime style, of course…

FDB2EA38-6371-4A78-B7F6-E1211513D72A.jpeg
24441893-9F9C-4CFF-864B-CEB1BB212B08.jpeg