[Buyer’s Guide] Fast Food Playing Cards (FFP)

Comprehensive deck lists for selected artists, brands and companies.
laitostarr777
Cardist: Yes
Collector: Yes
Player: Yes
Magician: Yes
White Whale: 2019 NPCCD - KWP decks
Decks Owned: 200

[Buyer’s Guide] Fast Food Playing Cards (FFP)

Unread post by laitostarr777 »

About Rich Li and FFP
Rich Li is a magician and graphic designer from New York City, USA. He had been the art of sleight of hands for 5 years and he had learned the skills to be an artist. One day, he thought about combining both of his hobbies together: between his artistic skills with his favorite kind of meal: Fast Food. By combining these hobbies, Rich Li established the Fast Food Playing Cards [FFP]. Fast Food Playing Cards becomes a line-up of food and drink inspired decks that can be used for either magic or cardistry, or it can be added as part of deck collection. Each campaign will feature 2 decks that is a perfect match-up, and in the middle of the campaign, there will be provided the Gilded Editions - exclusive Kickstarter editions with numbered seals on the tuckbox. During the first campaign and the later campaigns after, FFP established the “Membership” to the backers of the campaign - this is in form of a plastic etched card given to the backers as proof for being the original backers of the campaigns. This membership allows you with access to an extra Gilded variants of the decks.

Fast Food Playing Cards List
This is a list of foods and drinks that are used as the base design for each set of decks. This list will also include the year where the decks are released as well as the brief description about the sets:
  1. Ketchup & French Fries (2019) - French fries is a food of fried cut sticks of potatoes. You can find this in every fast food restaurants you can find. The condiment that fits to eats with this food is Ketchup, a sweet tomato-flavored sauce. French Fries deck is designed to imitate the fries packaging of a fast food restaurant, while Ketchup deck is designed to looked like a sauce sachet or a sauce bottle. Both decks are “suit marked”.
  2. Mustard & Hot Dog (2020) - Hot Dog is a food consisted of an elongated meat placed in between a curvy bun poured with condiments. You can find this food while walking on the streets, seen with vendors as well as in baseball matches food store. The perfect condiment that fits with this food is Mustard, a sweet to spicy yellow sauce made from seeds of mustard plants. Mustard deck is designed to looked like a sauce sachet or a sauce bottle - the deck is “suit marked”. Hot Dog deck is fashioned to looked like a food packaging for the hot dog, like a container box - the deck is “fully marked”.
  3. Popcorn & Cola (2021) - Popcorn is a snack of heated up corns glazed with either salt, butter, or caramel. You can easily find popcorn when you are about to watch a movie in the theaters - buying in-cinema snacks to eat while watching. What would be a better drink to match with it other than Cola, a carbonized flavored drink. Popcorn deck is fashioned to looked like a cup of popcorn container, complete with clear viewing window and a popcorn card/sticker. Cola deck is fashioned to looked like a soda can, complete with a metallic imitation of the top can lid.
  4. Burger & Craft Beer (2022) - Burger is a food of meat sandwiched in between two bread buns along with either vegetables, condiments, and other things. It’s the main meal of almost every fast food restaurants, and you can also find this meal in pubs and restaurants. Great drink to accompany with burger is Craft Beer, a fermented drink made from barley or malt [it’s called Craft Beer, because some pubs created their own beer to fancy the drinks].
  5. Steak & Wine (2023) - Steak is a savory middle to upper class cuisine of grilled or fried slice of meat. This meat can be of from cow, chicken, pig, or lamb: Each has their own different parts of meat for different sizes and taste (there is a cutting chart for each of them), with the most common one is beef. You would accompany this meal with a fancy glass of Wine, a fermented drink made of grapes and yeast - comes in form of Red Wine and White Wine. Steakhouse restaurants established to serve this combination set of meal to the patrons of the eatery establishment.
  6. Cocktail & Pizza (2023) - Cocktail is an acoholic beverage consists of a single spirit or several spirits mixed with either fruit syrups, tonic water, juices, shrubs or bitters. It has a lot of fantastical creations based on the ingridents of the cocktail - it's all on the hands of the bartender. This drink is paired up with the circular flat wheat bread covered with tomato sauce, cheese, and other various ingredients. This Italian origin food is the most favoured cuisine, and it can be cut into pieces so it can be shared amongst patrons.
Total Decks: 27 (2)

Decks listed with single star are Gilded variants exclusive from Kickstarter, while decks listed with double stars are Gilded variants exclusive to Kickstarter AND own the FFP Membership.

Ketchup
French Fries
[*] Ketchup GILDED Ruby
[*] French Fries GILDED Gold

Mustard
Hot Dog
[*] Mustard GILDED Gold
[*] Hot Dog GILDED Bronze
[*][*] Hot Dog GILDED Holographic

Popcorn
Cola
[*] Popcorn GILDED Ruby
[*] Cola GILDED Sapphire
[*][*] Popcorn GILDED Gold Holographic
[*][*] Cola GILDED Silver Holographic

Burger
Craft Beer
[*] Burger GILDED Gold
[*] Craft Beer GILDED Emerald
[*][*] Burger GILDED Gold Holographic
[*][*] Craft Beer GILDED Silver Holographic

Steak
Wine
[*] Steak GILDED Orange
[*] Wine GILDED Purple
[*][*] Steak GILDED Gold Holographic
[*][*] Wine GILDED Silver Holographic

Cocktail [WIP]
Pizza [WIP]
A furry who has a sona of a magician ;3
My collection - https://www.portfolio52.com/profile/16212/collection
Instagram - @laitostarr777
kevork
White Whale: NPCCD 17 Amethyst + Prototypes
Decks Owned: 1000

Re: [Buyer’s Guide] Fast Food Playing Cards (FFP)

Unread post by kevork »

I just backed the Burger and Beer campaign and decided to get the Popcorn & Cola decks. These are significantly better tucks than their previous two campaigns, and so I felt that the latter 4 decks match really well with each other. I hope in the future they might revisit their previous campaigns with a V2 tuck, as I'd be more than happy to back them then.

I decided not to get the gilded versions.
Image@playingcardophile
Invisible ink. Who woulda thunk it?
[BUY] Complete Lotrek Collection
[BUY] NPCCD Decks
kevork
White Whale: NPCCD 17 Amethyst + Prototypes
Decks Owned: 1000

Unread post by kevork »

New Steak House and Wine decks coming soon. I messaged them and pointed out the inconsistency. Either do Steak and Wine or Steak House and Winery or something of that nature, although once they move away from the actual food/drink, then it'll no longer be consistent with the rest of their decks. I do not own any of their decks from their old style of tuck, but if they made V2 versions of hot dog, fries, etc. with their newer type foil tuck, I'd buy it. Otherwise, I'm cool with sticking to Cola, Popcorn, Burger, and Craft Beer.
Screenshot_20221103_171309.jpg
Image@playingcardophile
Invisible ink. Who woulda thunk it?
[BUY] Complete Lotrek Collection
[BUY] NPCCD Decks
laitostarr777
Cardist: Yes
Player: Yes
Magician: Yes
White Whale: 2019 NPCCD - KWP decks
Decks Owned: 200

Unread post by laitostarr777 »

kevork wrote: Thu Nov 03, 2022 7:15 pm New Steak House and Wine decks coming soon. I messaged them and pointed out the inconsistency. Either do Steak and Wine or Steak House and Winery or something of that nature, although once they move away from the actual food/drink, then it'll no longer be consistent with the rest of their decks. I do not own any of their decks from their old style of tuck, but if they made V2 versions of hot dog, fries, etc. with their newer type foil tuck, I'd buy it. Otherwise, I'm cool with sticking to Cola, Popcorn, Burger, and Craft Beer.

Screenshot_20221103_171309.jpg
Think I can easily skip the Kickstarter, knowing it will be out in Murphys after a few months after funding
Also, do refrain from posting new releases here - this forum thread is meant as a deck list only
A furry who has a sona of a magician ;3
My collection - https://www.portfolio52.com/profile/16212/collection
Instagram - @laitostarr777