Wonder Playing Cards - LIVE on KS

Find out about the latest and greatest playing cards hitting the market.
Fes
Collector: Yes
Player: Yes
White Whale: The Dude Deck

Re: Wonder Playing Cards - LIVE on KS

Unread post by Fes »

Less than a day left. Just a reminder for some of the folks that love gilded decks. ;)
TL:DR It's completely up to you.
We can still be friends.
I actually like playing cards.
We live in interesting times.
crhage

Unread post by crhage »

Tuck boxes have arrived at the AOP warehouse!
3F1C0847-D320-442B-9CED-41A328398D17.jpeg
17722C3E-0BF0-4051-8B76-A31853800BA3.jpeg
Harvonsgard
Cardist: Yes
White Whale: Your Mami
Decks Owned: 420

Unread post by Harvonsgard »

You want to reclaim your mind and get it out of the hands of the cultural engineers who want to turn you into a half-baked moron consuming all this trash that’s being manufactured out of the bones of a dying world.

avatar credit: 𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔄𝔰𝔱𝔯𝔬𝔪𝔞𝔫𝔠𝔢𝔯 by Gands the Scholar @g_a_n_d_s_

rousselle wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 4:52 pmI very much want this in my collection, but at long last... I have to stop the insanity.
rousselle
Site Admin
Site Admin
Magician: Yes

Unread post by rousselle »

Kind of a big price bump over the last campaign, which was already a little pricey. I'm on the fence on this one. I do very much like the design, even though the courts are standard. But... hmmm....
This space intentionally left blank.
traaaf

Unread post by traaaf »

I like the new back, but I stopped reading when i saw standard courts and $21 per deck.
macstrat

Unread post by macstrat »

traaaf wrote: Mon Jun 07, 2021 9:36 pm I like the new back, but I stopped reading when i saw standard courts and $21 per deck.
I would say $21 with shipping is standard for a single deck ($16 + 5 shipping). I dont have the original, so im in for these. i think they look interesting plus im interested so see how this foil work is done on this series.
Harvonsgard
White Whale: Your Mami
Decks Owned: 420

Unread post by Harvonsgard »

Nice standard deck and all but I wonder how long collectors are cool with paywalls and climbing deck prices for old features.
You want to reclaim your mind and get it out of the hands of the cultural engineers who want to turn you into a half-baked moron consuming all this trash that’s being manufactured out of the bones of a dying world.

avatar credit: 𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔄𝔰𝔱𝔯𝔬𝔪𝔞𝔫𝔠𝔢𝔯 by Gands the Scholar @g_a_n_d_s_

rousselle wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 4:52 pmI very much want this in my collection, but at long last... I have to stop the insanity.
rousselle
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by rousselle »

You know what? I really like the blue version of this deck, and I'd really, really like to have the red version; the color choices look great and this really is a well-done standard deck. But the pricing... come on. This round is noticeably more expensive than the first round, which was already just a bit much. I very much want this in my collection, but at long last... I have to stop the insanity.

I have to stop being a completionist.

Jackson, Gio, Lorenzo, and many others put out *far* more original designs with far more bling for less money. T11 gives us excellent decks with standard faces and fantastic tucks for far less money. Paul Ruccio (sp?) puts out a rock-solid standard deck but has managed to keep his pricing relatively consistent (the current Jetsetter project is 3 "standard" decks for $33US as opposed to Wonder's 3 for $40, for example.) And, pardon me for saying so, but even Paul's decks seem just a tiny-bit overpriced. (That said, I continue to back Jetsetter, so either I'm over-paying or Paul has figured out the sweet spot on how to pull money out of my wallet.) When Randy Butterfield does one of his well-designed "standard" decks, it's waaaaay affordable.

The creator or creators behind Wonder don't owe me anything; I am not *entitled* to add this deck to my collection. I totally recognize and salute their ability to set their prices wherever they want. They are getting the pledges, so good for them. But, at long last, for myself at least, I have to stop. As much as it pains me to say it, this deck will not be going into my collection at this price point.

:(
This space intentionally left blank.
PrincessTrouble

Unread post by PrincessTrouble »

I think it's a nice deck but not "$24 shipped" nice. It's already funded though, so I'm clearly in the minority.
GandalfPC
White Whale: Ambergris
Decks Owned: 1700

Unread post by GandalfPC »

I have some blue and red, and think the red signature edition is just super, but I’m not going in for the Royals

Which leaves me with a “Golden Ticket” coupon from Wonder for the Royals campaign, $20 value to be used in backerkit after campaign - send me a PM if you are in the campaign and don’t have a Golden Ticket (pretty sure you can only use one) - free to good home (or bad, how the heck would I know anyway :)). I will send an image of the ticket, which has the redemption code on the back - not the physical ticket, which will remain a pretty bauble in my folder of meaningless pretty baubles…

400CD62D-97C7-401F-96D8-CC6EE764038C.jpeg
Hunting Karl Gerich and Elaine Lewis

My collection and tradelist: http://gandalfpc.great-site.net
EndersGame

Unread post by EndersGame »

Besides the main Wonder Playing Cards produced by USPCC, Chris Hage has also produced several Signature Editions. These are advertised as having cold foil on the faces and backs, and printed on thin-crushed stock with Viper finish by Legends Playing Card Company.

Did anyone pick one of these up, and if so, what was the stock like?

Scarlet Wonder Signature Edition (1500 only)
Scarlet Wonder Signature Edition - Silver Gilded (200 only)
Scarlet Wonder Signature Edition - Black Gilded (300 only)

In addition a special edition was produced as a fundraiser for Ukraine, printed by WJPC. See this thread for details:

Wonder Playing Cards - Ukraine Edition

--
BoardGameGeek reviewer EndersGame => Playing Card Reviews <=>Magic Reviews <=> Board Game Reviews <=