Joker 80T

Find out about the latest and greatest playing cards hitting the market.
sprouts1115
Deck Artist
Deck Artist
Collector: Yes
Decks Owned: 50

Joker 80T

Unread post by sprouts1115 »

Social Media: http://texasplayingcards.com
Pinterest : http://pinterest.com/sprouts1115/texasplayingcardscom/
aethercards.com : http://aethercards.com/discourse/design ... cards-com/

Sharpie - The rank of the cards are as followed: (K)ing 15, (Q)ueen 14, (B)ishop 13, (C)availer 12, (J)ack 11, (T)en, (9), (8), (7), (6), (5), (4), (3), (2), (A)ce, (?) Joker. The Joker has no rank. He is like "The Fool" in the Tarot Cards... The Jokers are only a seek peek at want I want to do with the 2nd deck...
RussellSprouts
Sharpie

Re: texasplayingcards.com

Unread post by Sharpie »

Sorry, not familiar with this project. Can you explain what I'm looking at?

'C' & 'B' cards?... are those Cavaliers and Bishops?
And why the 7 sets of Aces for a total of 84 cards?

Thanks,
S
No matter where you go... there you are :|
MagikFingerz
Site Admin
Site Admin
Cardist: Yes
Player: Yes
Magician: Yes
White Whale: Sawdust and Delicious + uncuts

Unread post by MagikFingerz »

Sharpie wrote:Sorry, not familiar with this project. Can you explain what I'm looking at?

'C' & 'B' cards?... are those Cavaliers and Bishops?
And why the 7 sets of Aces for a total of 84 cards?

Thanks,
S
^Actual picture of sprouts.
- Tom

Check out my collection

My (abandoned and now severely outdated) Playing Card Wiki
walrus

Unread post by walrus »

Stunning, great job sprought. Also, your hair looks great.
sprouts1115
Deck Artist
Deck Artist

Here is a teaser of the Joker of Diamonds.
Attachments
Joker of Coins - Chaotic  Good
Joker of Coins - Chaotic Good
Joker of Diamonds.png (216.28 KiB) Viewed 3077 times
RussellSprouts
sprouts1115
Deck Artist
Deck Artist

Re: Texasplayingcards.com

The box. See any other errors or problems? With your help, I would like to send the final to Tiffany in a week.

The "01 001 2013" means (deck, run, year)
Attachments
Screen Shot 2013-05-09 at 8.43.44 PM.png
Screen Shot 2013-05-09 at 8.43.44 PM.png (274.97 KiB) Viewed 3283 times
RussellSprouts
MagikFingerz
Site Admin
Site Admin
Cardist: Yes
Magician: Yes
White Whale: Sawdust and Delicious + uncuts

Unread post by MagikFingerz »

Not really a fan of "landscape-oriented" box designs.
- Tom

Check out my collection

My (abandoned and now severely outdated) Playing Card Wiki
DukeBoy
Decks Owned: 100

Unread post by DukeBoy »

well you lost fingz you might as well scrap it.
10-4 over and out
sprouts1115
Deck Artist
Deck Artist

Let me tell you a little story about the symbolism behind the card I just posted. The whole Bicycle 808 series cards are based upon these cards. http://whiteknucklecards.com/earlystandards/rouen.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
These are the first cards 1567 that set are standard of today . Pierre Maréchal - 1567 http://www.wopc.co.uk/mounthood/mareschal.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Notice: The king has a mustache and an axe. It also interesting they used the color green. The Jack of Hearts also had a polearm but instead of a leaf; He had a sword. It's neat the watch the evolution of the Jack of Hearts from sword to a leaf. It's more interesting to watch the "Suicide King". I feel sad for the jacks today. I think http://whiteknucklecards.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; was correct in saying the Jacks are foot soldiers or squires. In my second deck, I want weapons and armor and shields Oh my!!!! Not the distorted Jack weapons we have today. And oh, Why do I have 5 face cards? Everything is bigger in Texas! My Texas royal flush has 5 face cards. What do you use today 3 courts cards and 2 pip cards.
Attachments
KH new.png
KH new.png (142.47 KiB) Viewed 3250 times
RussellSprouts
sprouts1115
Deck Artist
Deck Artist

The Joker of Cups - Lawful Good...
Attachments
Joker of Cups - Lawful Good
Joker of Cups - Lawful Good
Joker of Cups.png (234.94 KiB) Viewed 3086 times
RussellSprouts
Eoghann

Unread post by Eoghann »

I have no idea what's going on here but I like what I'm seeing.
volantangel
Decks Owned: 350

Unread post by volantangel »

Eoghann wrote:I have no idea what's going on here but I like what I'm seeing.
OH YOU MUST BE NEW HERE..
montecarlojoe
White Whale: Avant Guard UL Gr - No17 Crown
Decks Owned: 690

Unread post by montecarlojoe »

Love the jokers.

Love having 5 court cards per suit.

Would REALLY love the court cards to match the jokers in style and design.

However it develops I'm definitely looking forward to the final product! :)
sprouts1115
Deck Artist
Deck Artist

montecarlojoe - Thanks, I want that too. The first deck court cards glorify the 808 Bicycle series. I actually want the blue pompous faces. Tell you a secret. The jokers represent what I would like in the 2nd deck. I'm looking for realism. Weapons, armor, and shields oh my...

Got a poll going on in Theroy 11. Check it out. http://forums.theory11.com/showthread.p ... -card-deck" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Some good feedback...
"Opps, I might have created some confusion. It's a 60 card deck with 4 jokers = 64 cards. You normally would not play with the jokers, but jokers have been around for 150 years and it is time they get their own suit. The jokers will have the same rank as the Fool in the Tarot cards."

"Steerpike - The way cards are today reminds me when I was in economic class in 9th grade. The teacher gave us a fictional $50,000 to invest in the stock market. I remember asking him why don't they sell stocks in dollars and cents not dollars and fractions. He said the stock market is based upon the Spanish currency of the doubloons and it has a base of 1/8 and it has always been that way. "It is what it is" I remember him saying that."

"Same as playing cards today are based upon the French with the suits being (heart, diamond, club, spade) and the Ace being the highest card. History tells us 200 years ago the French made the Ace the highest card to snub their nose at the King. The Ace represents the common person. Cards have been around for 600 years. I would like to go back to where the King is the highest card and sense most of our games are based on 5 cards (Texas Hold'em, 5 card draw). I would like to see a real Royal (Kingly) Flush with 5 court cards not 3 court cards and 2 pips which we have today. Besides who doesn't want more face cards and everything is bigger in Texas. Basically, I'm making the Ace the lowest card and adding 2 face cards to seal the deal. It seems to be the simplest and best solution."
RussellSprouts
Casual Pixels
Decks Owned: 1000

Unread post by Casual Pixels »

sprouts1115 wrote:Basically, I'm making the Ace the lowest card
Have you considered of having a "1" card instead of the Ace, then?
montecarlojoe

Or as well as - it's already 64 cards - why not 68! :)
Casual Pixels
Decks Owned: 1000

Unread post by Casual Pixels »

Well, nothing exceeds like excess :D

Just saying that it's absolutely ingrained that, for cards, "A" > "K"

If there's an Ace in the deck, it will automatically be considered the "highest" card. The fact that there are five court cards (or where the Ace appears in the factory fresh unshuffled deck) will simply not factor into the mental equation.

If there is no Ace, however, then it becomes natural to consider the King the highest card, as intended.
sprouts1115
Deck Artist
Deck Artist

Casual Pixels - Yes, I did consider that early on. In fact, there are some decks that have "1" as the ace, but the "A" doesn't real interfere what I'm trying to do. The "10" card does. I'm trying to keep it simple with one symbol for each card. The ten card has 2 symbols a "1" and a "0". I'm changing that to the "T" card. Later on in my 2nd deck I wish to make the "T" card the (T)owed card. It's like a transitional card from the court cards to the pips. So basically, I would have 6 court cards, but this has already been done. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Visconti-Sforza_tarot_deck" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

montecarlojoe - My only goal is to have 5 court cards showing if you ever got a Texas Royal Flush. That would be 60 cards in this deck. I really wanted to kill the Jokers at first, but they are used in to many games. So I have to included them, but to make it interesting I decided have the Jokers be apart of the suits. So that means 4 Jokers for a total of 64 cards.

Would like to announce the Kickstarter will start Dec 1st.

"The train wretch is probably going to happen Dec 1st. Hopefully, I'll have all my ducks in a row for the big spectacle. Y'all have made me realize maybe I need to stress the other unique parts of the deck. One would be, you can distinguish the cards at a distance. In Texas Hold'em, especially in a 10 hand game the cards are hard to see. I really need to get a demo deck done. I would like to know how the 2 cards look when you peek at them from the felt and how many cards can you fan in your hand for other games. If I bring enough to the table, you can always take out the Jokers, Bishops and Cavaliers to make a regular 52 card deck. In history I find it interesting a 40 card deck was once more popular than a 52 card deck. "Spanish Baraja is an ancient deck that existed in Spain since between the 14th-16th century. It didn't have 10's, 9's, and 8's. The Rank was (King,Queen,Deputy Sheriff, 7, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2, A) = 40 cards". Basically, this is 52 card deck; Just in a bigger package."
Attachments
Screen Shot 2013-09-04 at 11.22.49 AM.png
Screen Shot 2013-09-04 at 11.22.49 AM.png (43.41 KiB) Viewed 2957 times
RussellSprouts
montecarlojoe

sprouts1115 wrote:montecarlojoe - My only goal is to have 5 court cards showing if you ever got a Texas Royal Flush. That would be 60 cards in this deck. I really wanted to kill the Jokers at first, but they are used in to many games. So I have to included them, but to make it interesting I decided have the Jokers be apart of the suits. So that means 4 Jokers for a total of 64 cards.
yes I get that - what I was saying was that if you had a 1 and and Ace in each suit that would be 4 more cards = 68. "The more the merrier" and all that.

Also why not "X" for the 10? (Roman numeral.)
N3r0

Unread post by N3r0 »

Sprouts, you are an unequivocally enigmatic piece of work and I will gladly pledge on your (soon to be) kick starter to experience the idiosyncrasy that is your deck.
sprouts1115
Deck Artist
Deck Artist

N3r0 - If you want really want to go down the rabbit hole, check out the thread I just started on WizardofOdds. http://wizardofvegas.com/forum/question ... post267475" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; It kind of puts everything in perspective in what I want to do with this deck...
RussellSprouts
montecarlojoe

A recent KS project "Gesalt" http://unitedcardists.com/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=2307 made me think of this project.

Dont get me wrong, the gesalt project is dull as ditchwater design wise, but hit on an interesting idea in a throwaway sentence on their KS page which may actually work for sprouts' project.

The idea: expansion decks (much as CCGs do).

The way I could see this working is this; you start with a normal deck
Texas Classic:
A,K,Q,J,10,9,8,7,6,5,4,3,2,Joker in each suit

then expand:
Chess Expansion:
B,B,C,C,R,R,P,P,P,P,P,P,P,P in each suit.

Where B= Bishop, C= Cavelier/Knight, R=Rook/Castle, P=Pawn/Footsoldier

This gives you your 5 court cards, but also avoids the problem of only using half the 2nd sheet of cards and having a bazillion spare aces (thus saving money). It also makes the basic deck more marketable to those that like the art but dont want the 5 courts, and the second deck is marketable in it's own right.

And the expansion idea then feeds itself; as long as you have a basic deck with art and design that people like you can "expand" the deck as much as you like within the brand e.g:

Nobility Expansion:
Emperor, Empress, Prince,Princess,Duke Duchess, Baron,Baroness,Marquis, Marquess, Viscount, Visdame, Lord, Lady in each suit

Deck of fools:
52 different jokers each revealing one of the cards from teh basic deck. Chuck some 1 cards in to make up the numbers.

Gods: 56 of them!

Nobility form other cultures: 56 of them, or 4 sets of 14. e.g. Zsar, Vizir, Khan, Pharoah, Shah, Sultan, Emir, Caliph, etc

and so on and so on....

You also save somewhat on design - the backs, general theme and pips need only be designed once. But then you can go into different editions of the concept with totally new designs for these aspects too.

(My consultancy fee is minimal - a mere half brick of every deck produced using the idea lol ;) )
sprouts1115
Deck Artist
Deck Artist

montecarlojoe - Interesting idea. When I first thought of this deck I found out Bicycle and most other card manufactures print on a 8x7 uncut sheet for 56 cards. So thats, 52 cards + 2 Jokers + 2 waste cards. If they printed on a 8x8 sheet, all my problems would be solved. The original plan was to print 5000 decks of uncut sheet #1 and 715 of uncut sheet #2. Actually, I only needed 638 decks of uncut sheet #2, but I wanted extra Aces and Jokers to give out. (5100 / 8) USPCC will print less than 2,500 decks but it will cost you. Back in March, they quoted me a price of $6.22 per deck for a quantity of 715. The way Tiffany explained it to me, on average they waste 500 uncut sheets per run. Adjusting the paint, normal Q2 imperfections and such. I found out it's cheaper for me to go ahead and print 2,500 decks of uncut sheet #2. Now that does leaves me with a "bazillion spare aces and jokers" but also leaves me the potential of producing 20,000 decks (2,500 * 8) for my first run.

So the plan is for USPCC to produce these decks in plain white tuck boxes with no seal or cellophane. I'm currently talking to 3 box manufactures to produce a box to hold 64 cards of Bee stock. More than likely, I'm probably going to go with http://www.boxprintingcompany.com/Playi ... _Boxes.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; They do embossing and foiling. I'm not going to do foiling but I may have embossing as a stretch goal. I really need to make the first run as unique as possible. Who knows maybe in 50 years they may worth something. Paul Emile Becat started me on this quest with his cards. He made 12,000 of these in 1960 and on E-bay they go for $500+ http://www.ebay.com/itm/2-DECK-SET-LE-F ... 4aca1b06d0" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://www.wopc.co.uk/france/philibert/ ... entin.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.wopc.co.uk/france/philibert/casanova.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I'm not looking forward to it, but I'll take 56 cards from uncut sheet #1 and 1 row of Aces and Jokers from uncut sheet #2 and put them into a 64 card box. Put a pretty seal on it and do this 5000 times.

It's interesting you mention Rooks and Pawns. That was one of my greatest fears that these cards would be called Chess cards, but I've been down the rabbit hole and there is some truth to that in the Tarot cards. Huck has a theory and some good points. Don't bother reading all of it. These guys are hardcore and go off in different directions. http://forum.tarothistory.com/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=788" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; Now I kind of embrace the idea. In fact, in the second deck I want to make the (T)en card the (T)ower card. Sorta like the Rook you mentioned. The Tower card will be like a transitional card from the 5 court cards to the pips.

The Second picture is the earliest known King of Hearts with a sword. Earlier King of Hearts had an axe. So when cards were first made, the 4 Kings had 2 swords and 2 axes. I think the "Suicide King" is actually the "Murdered King" If you look close, that is more of a ice pick than a sword. They were semi trying to conceal it. If you look at the seals on the sleeves, they face away from each other and lastly, the sword arm is mostly gold. I think the cards were a lot better back then. Check out the Knaves. You can actually see the pole arms they used. What do we have today? The Jacks hold distorted billy clubs. If you want to go down the rabbit hole, check out http://whiteknucklecards.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; This guy did his research. The first picture is the Joker of Swords - Lawful Evil. I asked Vivian to put a seal on the sleeve and to make the sleeves dark gold.
Attachments
1680 - C Hewson.png
1680 - C Hewson.png (488 KiB) Viewed 2313 times
Screen Shot 2013-10-01 at 11.36.01 PM.png
Screen Shot 2013-10-01 at 11.36.01 PM.png (660.62 KiB) Viewed 2290 times
RussellSprouts
sprouts1115
Deck Artist
Deck Artist

Finally the Joker of Coins - Chaotic good. Thought I would share it. Hmm, need to check the top coin It might be in USPCC's no mans land in the cut border.
Attachments
Screen Shot 2013-10-01 at 11.35.29 PM.png
Screen Shot 2013-10-01 at 11.35.29 PM.png (718.38 KiB) Viewed 2290 times
RussellSprouts
sprouts1115
Deck Artist
Deck Artist

Starting to reach out on social media:

I've noticed Kickstarter projects have started to post your website on their projects. I wish to do the same. This project is not going to launch until Dec 1st, but I need to start looking at media outlets like what the Pendale project did. The artwork is 90% done. Vivian http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Kt1YHdKFaI (Fast forward to 2:55) and I are meeting this weekend and maybe the artwork will be 100%. The next step is to submit the artwork to USPCC for the second time. The current Jokers are are in the USPCC ghost zone. I'm planning on getting a demo deck done and redoing this cheesy video I did. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vv8uhYpdzPg It will have the same message "The Ace is the key that unlocks the door to more face cards" I have already thought of the 2nd and 3rd deck The 3rd deck is the end game. I wish to make a game better than "BlackJack" instead of 21 your goal is 31. (K)ing 15, (Q)ueen 14, (B)ishop 13, (C)avalier 12, (J)ack, (T)ower 10, 9, 8, 7, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2, (A)ce, Joker(0 or 16). In the first deck, I'm trying to glorify the Bicycle 808 series cards; They are the standard of today. I'm adding a few new features. First, putting the rank of the card inside the suit. This has been done before. I think it needs a second look and adds more space for the artwork. http://www.wopc.co.uk/delarue/pigmy.htmlHopefully, this will be better when you sneak peek your cards from the felt. and second, putting more color in the courts to distinguish the card at a distance. This is mainly for new Texas Hold'em game I want to push. In this game, the Kings are now King. Pocket 22's now bet pocket AA's. The Jokers in the first deck are only a hint or tease of what I want to do with the second deck...

Texasplayingcards.com
RussellSprouts
sprouts1115
Deck Artist
Deck Artist

Screen Shot 2013-10-28 at 9.53.36 PM.png
Screen Shot 2013-10-28 at 9.53.36 PM.png (204.79 KiB) Viewed 2220 times
Evolution of the back of the card. This is what we used as the basic framework.

First vision: http://www.pinterest.com/pin/500532946055499934/

In the second revision, I tried to explain what thin borders were. I gave her this image, but she used the far left image and went with it.
thin borders.jpg
thin borders.jpg (119.11 KiB) Viewed 2220 times
We ended up with this: http://www.pinterest.com/pin/500532946055499935/

In the third revision, we have this so far. I really need to think what will be in silver metallic ink if we make the stretch goal. If you look, I'm trying to incorporate an optical illusion.
trick 3.jpg
trick 3.jpg (8.18 KiB) Viewed 2220 times
RussellSprouts
sprouts1115
Deck Artist
Deck Artist

Back of the card...
Attachments
Screen Shot 2013-10-28 at 10.16.08 PM.png
Screen Shot 2013-10-28 at 10.16.08 PM.png (387.69 KiB) Viewed 2220 times
RussellSprouts
chach
White Whale: Vietnam Era Secret Weapon
Decks Owned: 0

Unread post by chach »

I understand that you're going for an optical illusion, however IMO, there is too much negative space on the back. Something is lacking, there's not nearly enough detail. Have you thought of doing more of a checkering type pattern as is found on firearms along with perhaps mimicking an engraving style of art rather than just line art? It may provide the detail that is missing while also still sticking to the Texas roots of the cards. After all, what's more Texan than firearms? Other than BBQ that is... Though, you could put in a rack of ribs as well I guess. ;)
WTB/WTT: Vietnam Era Bicycle Secret Weapon Deck
sprouts1115
Deck Artist
Deck Artist

chach - Good point. I like your idea of a checkering pattern. What if I went all out and scraped this back. I'm getting feedback that it's to dark, to grey and to plain. I've been bouncing around an idea. Since I'm using 4 colors for my suits Red, Dk Red, Purple, and Black and since I'm stressing the Jokers maybe I should use a Harlequin theme for the back. No Texas star, no flag. With the current back, I think I'm trying to do to much to soon. I'm thinking just keep it simple. Sometimes you just have to step back and look at the whole picture and the solution stares you in the face. What do you think?
Attachments
Screen Shot 2013-11-04 at 9.56.07 AM.png
Screen Shot 2013-11-04 at 9.56.07 AM.png (176.97 KiB) Viewed 2189 times
RussellSprouts
DukeBoy
Decks Owned: 100

Unread post by DukeBoy »

if you killed the star and everything else Texas from the deck you would need to change the name too.
10-4 over and out