Medieval - playing cards (formerly Renaissance) - Live on KS

Find out about the latest and greatest playing cards hitting the market.
sms69x
Collector: Yes
Magician: Yes
Decks Owned: 700

Re: Renaissance - playing cards

Unread post by sms69x »

Everything looks pretty good on this one except the Authentic out-of-the box tuck flap packaging.
So once you open your deck that's it, you need to be very careful to not let the cards fall out the box... This is just too stupid, why would someone want a tuck case without a flap, it was better if you removed the tuck box and just wrap the deck in a rubber band at least this way you would be sure that all the cards would stay together..
EgorKlychnyk
✔ VERIFIED Designer
✔ VERIFIED Designer

Unread post by EgorKlychnyk »

sms69x wrote:Everything looks pretty good on this one except the Authentic out-of-the box tuck flap packaging.
So once you open your deck that's it, you need to be very careful to not let the cards fall out the box... This is just too stupid, why would someone want a tuck case without a flap, it was better if you removed the tuck box and just wrap the deck in a rubber band at least this way you would be sure that all the cards would stay together..
What do you mean?
1. Remove seal.
2. Put flap into box
3. ........?
4. PROFIT.
Looking for work
My shop
Contact me:
Facebook
Instagram
Behance
RichK
Decks Owned: 250

Unread post by RichK »

EgorKlychnyk wrote:
sms69x wrote:Everything looks pretty good on this one except the Authentic out-of-the box tuck flap packaging.
What do you mean?
1. Remove seal.
2. Put flap into box
3. ........?
4. PROFIT.
That's an awfully big flap to try to stuff into the box and pull back out. Plus you'll have part of the seal potentially on it possibly sticking to the card or making it harder to put in and out of the box.
Move on, nothing to see here.
Räpylätassu
Player: Yes
White Whale: Black Palekh from 1937

Unread post by Räpylätassu »

Fournier decks have even bigger flaps and I don't have any issues with them. Only possible problem I see here is that if the seal does not hold in place. So you need to make sure that they are strong enough, otherwise I don't see anything wrong with that.
Left my heart in SIERRA MADRE

"Finding it... that's not the hard part. It's letting go."

"One makes a trip by day, but by night one sets out on a journey." -Moominmamma

I dream of a world where wars are fought only by having dance offs. I also dream that a Finnish playing card designer would exist. The former seems more likely to happend.

Money can't buy you happiness, but it can buy you a penguin. Have you ever met a sad person with a penguin?

Are lobsters mermaids to scorpions?

"I did not hit her, it's not true, it's bullsh*t, I did not hit her, I did naaaht! Oh hai Mark!"

MY TRADELIST

MY TOP 150 DECKS

MY PORTFOLIO52 PAGE
Justin O.
White Whale: Jaqk Cellars V1
Decks Owned: 400

Unread post by Justin O. »

I have a deck somewhere with a similarly large flap and haven't had any issues with it
Jackson completely revolutionized the way I waste money...
RichK

Unread post by RichK »

Thanks Rapylatassu and Justin for the info.
Fud
✔ VERIFIED Designer
✔ VERIFIED Designer

Unread post by Fud »

Hey guys,

Just want to clarify a bit further - once the seal is broken and the deck opened, the flap will fold back inside the tuckbox just like a normal deck. It is the same size and will function exactly the same as a normal deck after opening. We have chosen to use this construction method to emulate old-style decks, but with the ability to convert back if you want to.

Other decks function with a larger tuck flap, but this is stylish and unique :)
sms69x

Unread post by sms69x »

Fud wrote:Hey guys,

Just want to clarify a bit further - once the seal is broken and the deck opened, the flap will fold back inside the tuckbox just like a normal deck. It is the same size and will function exactly the same as a normal deck after opening. We have chosen to use this construction method to emulate old-style decks, but with the ability to convert back if you want to.

Other decks function with a larger tuck flap, but this is stylish and unique :)
Thank you for the clarification.
EgorKlychnyk
✔ VERIFIED Designer
✔ VERIFIED Designer

Re: Medieval - playing cards (formerly Renaissance)

Hello guys!
A quick update before launching our project:
We decide to rename this deck to Medieval - playing cards. Because "Renaissance playing cards" alredy exists and it was lauched on kickstarter a few years ago.

Do not worry about this, we changed only name of the deck. Everything else remains the same.
And don't forget - launch tomorrow (26th July) at 3pm UTC/ 11am EDT/ 8am PDT on Kickstarter.com.

Cheers!
Looking for work
My shop
Contact me:
Facebook
Instagram
Behance
Fud
✔ VERIFIED Designer
✔ VERIFIED Designer

Unread post by Fud »

Hi Everyone,

Just want to let you know that the awesome MEDIEVAL Deck is now LIVE on KS!

Check it out and pick up some decks :)

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/58 ... ying-cards" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
PrincessTrouble

Unread post by PrincessTrouble »

Really hope the limited gold deck unlocks. Good luck!
EgorKlychnyk
✔ VERIFIED Designer
✔ VERIFIED Designer

PrincessTrouble wrote:Really hope the limited gold deck unlocks. Good luck!
Thank you!
Looking for work
My shop
Contact me:
Facebook
Instagram
Behance
alric
Cardist: Yes

Unread post by alric »

Here's what I find amusing: this guy comes here to promote his deck and a lot of people gave feedback and suggestions, and he listened to NOBODY. He changed nothing about his deck and didn't take anyone's advice (and there were some good suggestions for improvement to his deck). Don't get me wrong, it's his deck and his design and his prerogative, but it also tells you a little something about the designer, though.

At the end of the day, this deck has a nice back design, but that's the only thing appealing for me. Don't like the one-way courts, not a fan of the pips, and I hate the tuck with the ridiculous deck seal slapped right in the middle of the tuck box to hold the flap of what is in essence merely an untucked box. When I open the deck, the seal is destroyed and I have to tuck the flap in like a regular deck, so it's no longer novel. Plus, I'll have a fragment of the ripped seal still stuck in the middle of the back of the tuck box, can't imagine that looking attractive. And speaking of the tuck, as it stands today, there's no embossing, no foil or even metallic ink, no bells or whistles of any kind. Sorry, but I'm not paying $15 for an LPCC deck without any bells or whistles on the tuck. I'm out.
double_left

Unread post by double_left »

I'd be surprised if this funds let alone hit the $15k for the limited deck....
jerichoholic
White Whale: Many
Decks Owned: 4800

Unread post by jerichoholic »

alric wrote:Here's what I find amusing: this guy comes here to promote his deck and a lot of people gave feedback and suggestions, and he listened to NOBODY. He changed nothing about his deck and didn't take anyone's advice (and there were some good suggestions for improvement to his deck). Don't get me wrong, it's his deck and his design and his prerogative, but it also tells you a little something about the designer, though.

At the end of the day, this deck has a nice back design, but that's the only thing appealing for me. Don't like the one-way courts, not a fan of the pips, and I hate the tuck with the ridiculous deck seal slapped right in the middle of the tuck box to hold the flap of what is in essence merely an untucked box. When I open the deck, the seal is destroyed and I have to tuck the flap in like a regular deck, so it's no longer novel. Plus, I'll have a fragment of the ripped seal still stuck in the middle of the back of the tuck box, can't imagine that looking attractive. And speaking of the tuck, as it stands today, there's no embossing, no foil or even metallic ink, no bells or whistles of any kind. Sorry, but I'm not paying $15 for an LPCC deck without any bells or whistles on the tuck. I'm out.
He stated the courts are one way to reflect the court cards of the time period. I have no problem with that. The art on the deck is good. Just because you don't like it doesn't mean he didn't take the suggestions into consideration nor does he have to.

I am however unsure as to why they would have tiers for the limited edition deck when the chances of that being unlocked is probably not the best.
Save 10% at Playing Card Decks here - https://app.marsello.com/Portal/Custom/ ... 561772eaee
Save 10% at Card Addiction here using code VJOSE32 - https://card-addiction.com/?ref=1efow7c06m
Check out my collection - http://portfolio52.com/profile/124
Check out my reviews - https://www.youtube.com/vjose32
The Card Club - https://www.facebook.com/groups/vjose32
Instagram - http://www.instagram.com/vjose32
Game Collection - https://boardgamegeek.com/collection/user/vjose32
Fud
✔ VERIFIED Designer
✔ VERIFIED Designer

Unread post by Fud »

Hi guys. I'm not the designer so I can't answer everything, but I did have a hand in the campaign page so I can give some answers to help clear things up.
alric wrote:Here's what I find amusing: this guy comes here to promote his deck and a lot of people gave feedback and suggestions, and he listened to NOBODY. He changed nothing about his deck and didn't take anyone's advice (and there were some good suggestions for improvement to his deck). Don't get me wrong, it's his deck and his design and his prerogative, but it also tells you a little something about the designer, though.
I can't speak for Egor here, but I know that he had a strong vision of what he wanted to make coming in. The structure was based on the old-style of decks which he accomplished, and he made something different to most other decks out there - commendable. The 1-way courts aren't unusual, lots of decks have custom pips, and I understand that it is standard to offer a basic deck with tuck upgrades through stretch goals.
jerichoholic wrote:I am however unsure as to why they would have tiers for the limited edition deck when the chances of that being unlocked is probably not the best.
Those tiers were put in so that the limited edition deck (if it unlocked) would remain limited without having to include a heap new rewards. If we didn't have them and it unlocked, then everyone who wanted a limited deck would have to change rewards to make sure only 1000 were selected. We thought it would be simpler in the long run.

Hopefully that helps. As I said I am not the designer, nor was I involved in the design stage, however it does seem unfair to slam a project because you don't like all the aspects, or because the artist didn't bend to all the suggestions. I know several artists who make something the way they want to, just because that's how they want it. For myself, I think making endless variations of the same style is boring and commend anyone who wants to try and break the mold. I think it is a really unique deck which would look great on a collectors shelf. If I open it I will either remove the rest of the sticker or have a bit left over on the back which is no big deal - if I open a deck I intend to play with it, not look at it.
jsantafe

Unread post by jsantafe »

So, if the limited doesn't unlock and people pledged for one of those tiers, they will have paid more money for standard decks than the other backers, am I right? It sure is a bet for unlocking!
JS

Every deck I open makes your sealed one more valuable. You're welcome.
PrincessTrouble

Unread post by PrincessTrouble »

jsantafe wrote:So, if the limited doesn't unlock and people pledged for one of those tiers, they will have paid more money for standard decks than the other backers, am I right? It sure is a bet for unlocking!
You are correct. So towards the end of the project, if I feel it won't get unlocked, I'll be switching tiers.
sms69x

Unread post by sms69x »

This campaign is just too funny.
The guy created tiers counting on something that he don't know if he's going to achieve, and thus hoping that people that pledged for those tiers to forget about it and then getting a $10 deck but paying $15, its a nice move to get extra bucks without any trouble... Good luck!
RichK

Unread post by RichK »

sms69x wrote:This campaign is just too funny.
The guy created tiers counting on something that he don't know if he's going to achieve, and thus hoping that people that pledged for those tiers to forget about it and then getting a $10 deck but paying $15, its a nice move to get extra bucks without any trouble... Good luck!
This was done with the Teliad project too. Pledge for 2 standard decks plus the limited deck and if deck #3 goal was reached (it wasn't disappointedly) you would get that and not two of the standard.

I hate to say it but if the limited isn't reached I'm dropping down to just one deck.
Talisman
Decks Owned: 166

Unread post by Talisman »

I'm only interested in pledging for 2 Limited decks and there is no tier for that or a table indicating additions for that. So it looks as though I won't be backing this campaign.
Fud
✔ VERIFIED Designer
✔ VERIFIED Designer

Unread post by Fud »

RichK wrote:This was done with the Teliad project too. Pledge for 2 standard decks plus the limited deck and if deck #3 goal was reached (it wasn't disappointedly) you would get that and not two of the standard.
This was also done with both Omnia campaigns by Thirdway Industries to great success. It's a simple way to keeping a limited edition limited without adding more tiers later. If we don't get to unlocking the limited deck then I'll be notifying everyone in an update that it is a possibility close to the close of the project.
EgorKlychnyk
✔ VERIFIED Designer
✔ VERIFIED Designer

Good news everyone! Our deck "Medieval" funded on Kickstarter! And now we have 22 days to reach new stretch goal - Limited edition colored deck!
Looking for work
My shop
Contact me:
Facebook
Instagram
Behance
vasta41
Card Oracle
Card Oracle

Re: Medieval - playing cards (formerly Renaissance) - Live o

Unread post by vasta41 »

Congrats on getting funded! I have a question about this stretch goal:
$30,000 - Foil to all decks (Silver foil to Silver deck, Gold foil to Gold deck)
Do you mean the deck itself or just the tuck?
Fud
✔ VERIFIED Designer
✔ VERIFIED Designer

Unread post by Fud »

vasta41 wrote:Congrats on getting funded! I have a question about this stretch goal:
$30,000 - Foil to all decks (Silver foil to Silver deck, Gold foil to Gold deck)
Do you mean the deck itself or just the tuck?
This is meant to be to the tucks only - I'll change the wording now. Good pickup :)
EgorKlychnyk
✔ VERIFIED Designer
✔ VERIFIED Designer

Hello guys!
Just a quick update - hard proofs already printed and shipped. Printing probably will start in one week.
Also a few photos of proofs.
Looking for work
My shop
Contact me:
Facebook
Instagram
Behance
GBAllison

Unread post by GBAllison »

I, too, thought the designer was going to take some of the advice. I also fell for the sign-up-for-two approach ... hoping for two different decks. My mistake. I forgot to go back to the page to check on the progress. Ended up with not just one but two decks--exactly the same--that I don't like. Will be selling if I can find anyone who wants 'em