Wanted - Clear plastic tucks (or method for missing tuck)

Off-topic randomness, anything goes. Keep it PG-13.
ecNate
Collector: Yes
Player: Yes
Decks Owned: 400

Wanted - Clear plastic tucks (or method for missing tuck)

Unread post by ecNate »

I picked up both of these a few months ago to keep my decks without tucks in. I originally was using the windowed tucks, but they didn't properly display the full front card. These should have been perfect, but they only come in 41 or 66 deck sizes. My hope was this company's cards were much thinner or thicker than collectible decks and while I think I can actually get more in it's not ideal. The 41 doesn't get a full typical deck and the 66 has too much room, but also means it doesn't fit in my custom case (too thick) so they sit on top. I am aware of the hard plastic 2 piece boxes, but those also tend to be too wide and especially thick. I just want these in a MEDIUM size, any leads?
https://www.thegamecrafter.com/parts/tu ... r-clear-41
https://www.thegamecrafter.com/parts/tu ... r-clear-66

As you can see, the first deck which is a cheap reproduction on paper (and possibly less cards) fits fine in the 41 size, bu the standard set of cards would not fit and has too much free space in the 66 size. If it still fit in my case I could deal, but these have to exist in 54 card size! Right?

dazzleguts
White Whale: Das Kartenspiel Des Oberdeutsc
Decks Owned: 885

Re: Wanted - Clear plastic tucks (or method for missing tuck

Unread post by dazzleguts »

If you're willing to put in a little time and energy check out my DIY for a "Protective Mylar Tuck Box". It can be made to the exact dimensions of a deck. Takes time though so you wouldn't want to be making a lot of them. I've just added some photos of odd sized decks, in the mylar boxes I made for them, to the thread.
Worldwide Time Machine

"Cards from far off lands and bygone days!"
ecNate
Decks Owned: 400

Unread post by ecNate »

Thanks for the tip! I'm a bit intimidated right now, although I have made custom boxes before and some PnP games. Maybe it's more that this material doesn't look the greatest to work with and I am looking at needing at least 5 right away and probably 10. I suppose easier to do all at once than some now and some later, but ugh. :lol: I'll keep this in mind maybe when winter takes over and other projects are done.

Thanks again.
dazzleguts
White Whale: Das Kartenspiel Des Oberdeutsc
Decks Owned: 885

Unread post by dazzleguts »

Hey Natester :)

I've made a much easier mylar box DIY and posted it to the DIY section. It's a simpler structure that's relatively quick to put together. There's a tip at the end about making multiples. ;)
Worldwide Time Machine

"Cards from far off lands and bygone days!"